Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Bob

+13
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
RealLindaL
Telstar
Sal
Hospital Bob
knothead
Lisa12
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hallmarkgard
Joanimaroni
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

176Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 12:09 pm

dumpcare

Botox injections may help and maybe even make you look better lol.

Rehabilitation for Brain & Spine Tumor Patients
Brain tumors and brain tumor treatment can lead to a variety of physical problems and disabilities. The physicians and caregivers in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department of Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin can help patients manage these problems through a variety of medical and therapeutic interventions.

The rehabilitation team’s objective is to help patients regain as much function, comfort and independence as possible. The care team works with patients to understand their goals and craft solutions that meet their specific situations.

Treating Hemiplegia and Spasticity
Hemiplegia is weakness and loss of function on one side of the body. It is seen most often in people who have had a stroke, but it can affect brain tumor patients.

Hemiplegia in brain tumor patients is often accompanied by muscle spasticity. Some patients experience musculoskeletal pain, including a condition known as frozen shoulder, an inflammation of the shoulder joint that causes immobility. Treatments for these conditions include physical therapy, medications, gait training, and occupational therapy.

Physical Therapy
Special exercises can stretch and strengthen the patient’s muscles, alleviating the symptoms of hemiplegia, spasticity and frozen shoulder.

Medications
Spasticity can be treated with medications, and Botox can be helpful in improving muscle function. Various medications are available for musculoskeletal pain.

Gait Training
Patients with hemiplegia can experience difficulty walking. Gait training can help them overcome balance and vision problems and weakness.

Occupational Therapy
Patients learn how to compensate for loss of function in performing the activities of daily life.

Responding to the Consequences of Treatment
Some patients who receive chemotherapy develop peripheral neuropathy — damage to the peripheral nerves that can result in numbness in the feet, balance problems and difficulty walking. Gait training and other interventions can help many patients who develop these problems.

http://www.froedtert.com/brain-spine-tumor/rehabilitation

177Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 12:43 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Bob,

Those oh chit days can merge into oh chit weeks.......I know when I get knocked on my asz that all the cheerleading in the world does not change my reality.   So none of us can change your reality.   Most of us cannot even get close to the thirty day hell you have been through.  I know I get tired.....really tired at times, but we can only pray that you will garnish some strength when you get up in the morning, and all the drugs, cancer, and paralysis can take a back seat to your essence which can and must beat this.   Take a deep breath and get through this oh chit week, and hang onto the hope that you can regain some semblance of a sane world where you can get just a little bit of your life back........we are all pulling for you, but it has been a pleasure knowing your kind soul, and I hope that in the next six weeks I can visit you if I am able to make the trip.......if nothing else you could get a giggle or two, but in any regard be comfortable and understand that we are all pulling for you.

True wisdom, Seaoat. There is always someone just around the corner from where we are who has it worse than we do.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

178Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 12:49 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Bob,

Those oh chit days can merge into oh chit weeks.......I know when I get knocked on my asz that all the cheerleading in the world does not change my reality.   So none of us can change your reality.   Most of us cannot even get close to the thirty day hell you have been through.  I know I get tired.....really tired at times, but we can only pray that you will garnish some strength when you get up in the morning, and all the drugs, cancer, and paralysis can take a back seat to your essence which can and must beat this.   Take a deep breath and get through this oh chit week, and hang onto the hope that you can regain some semblance of a sane world where you can get just a little bit of your life back........we are all pulling for you, but it has been a pleasure knowing your kind soul, and I hope that in the next six weeks I can visit you if I am able to make the trip.......if nothing else you could get a giggle or two, but in any regard be comfortable and understand that we are all pulling for you.

True wisdom, Seaoat. There is always someone just around the corner from where we are who has it worse than we do.

Amen guys, Amen.

179Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 12:53 pm

knothead

knothead

I'm speechless here . . . . Bob's desperation and frustration are palpable, I can't say I understand . . . . I do not . . . . but like others here pkr, joani, Linda, Sal, Hallmark, polecat, Telstar, sea . . . all of us want to help our good and honorable friend . . . . .

This makes me so sad . . . . Bob, pkr said it well . . . we all love you and hope you can emerge from this cloud of pain and frustration you are enduring. Life can still be worthwhile but you are the only one that can elect that option and garner the fortitude to fight and fight and fight . . . it's the only way to survive . . . . and yes we need your fucked up humor back here because it makes me smile and I desperately want to smile with you.

180Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 1:30 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:I'm speechless here . . . . Bob's desperation and frustration are palpable, I can't say I understand . . . . I do not . . . . but like others here pkr, joani, Linda, Sal, Hallmark, polecat, Telstar, sea . . .  all of us want to help our good and honorable friend . . . . .

This makes me so sad . . . . Bob, pkr said it well . . . we all love you and hope you can emerge from this cloud of pain and frustration you are enduring. Life can still be worthwhile but you are the only one that can elect that option and garner the fortitude to fight and fight and fight . . . it's the only way to survive . . . . and yes we need your fucked up humor back here because it makes me smile and I desperately want to smile with you.
So very well stated....thank you our friend.

181Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 8:55 pm

2seaoat

Bob,

I know it is extremely frustrating trying to post, but please try to let us know how things are going. Do not worry about Typos.......Linda our school marm will leave you alone.

182Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 9:01 pm

dumpcare

Bob wake up. Someone came to see you a couple hours ago and you were sound asleep, so they walked around awhile and came back and you were still sleeping. They didn't want to wake you.

183Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 10:00 pm

Hallmarkgard

Went to visit Bob today...  His old "picking" friend was also there.  I told a lot of old "Pensacola" stories and they chimed in with Juke box and slot machine stories.  It was a good visit.  No doubt that Bob is in a hard spot but told him just to hang in there and we will support what ever he wants to do.  I am a master mechanic and builder.  I reminded him that we can retrofit his house with devices that will able him to gain some mobility.   He has some kin folk(?) coming this Friday and they are going to work out a plan.  .We may have tired him out.  All in all it was good visit(for me anyway)  Right Bob?  

184Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 10:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmarkgard wrote:Went to visit Bob today...  His old "picking" friend was also there.  I told a lot of old "Pensacola" stories and they chimed in with Juke box and slot machine stories.  It was a good visit.  No doubt that Bob is in a hard spot but told him just to hang in there and we will support what ever he wants to do.  I am a master mechanic and builder.  I reminded him that we can retrofit his house with devices that will able him to gain some mobility.   He has some kin folk(?) coming this Friday and they are going to work out a plan.  .We may have tired him out.  All in all it was good visit(for me anyway)  Right Bob?  

So glad you were there.

185Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 10:21 pm

2seaoat

Thank you Hallmark and PPCA, his deep sleep is good.....it is curative and needed. He has to have hope and addressing getting him back in his home should be the first priority. Mrs. Seaoat and I could work on ramps in a few weeks, and we work well as a team.....I do 10% she does 90%. He has to get back to his home. Z can help him on some ideas, and all of us can help him, but what we cannot do is beat cancer, or beat the mobility issues.....those will simply have to be skirted and make the best of a bad situation.....Quality time.....that is all any of us dream for......a year, or two is a lifetime when you are facing a battle with cancer. We will pack the tools and I will PM you when it is time to make modifications.

186Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/4/2016, 10:54 pm

Sal

Sal

Hallmarkgard wrote:Went to visit Bob today...  His old "picking" friend was also there.  I told a lot of old "Pensacola" stories and they chimed in with Juke box and slot machine stories.  It was a good visit.  No doubt that Bob is in a hard spot but told him just to hang in there and we will support what ever he wants to do.  I am a master mechanic and builder.  I reminded him that we can retrofit his house with devices that will able him to gain some mobility.   He has some kin folk(?) coming this Friday and they are going to work out a plan.  .We may have tired him out.  All in all it was good visit(for me anyway)  Right Bob?  

Thank you, Hallmark.

187Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/5/2016, 1:38 am

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:

Thank you, Hallmark.

Yes, Hallmark -- thanks from me, too. It's comforting to know you were there.

188Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/5/2016, 3:35 pm

dumpcare

Saw Bob today and he's in better spirits and continuing physical therapy and rescheduling his doctor's appointments. He said if anyone comes to see him and he's asleep to wake him up.

189Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/5/2016, 4:16 pm

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:Saw Bob today and he's in better spirits and continuing physical therapy and rescheduling his doctor's appointments. He said if anyone comes to see him and he's asleep to wake him up.

cheers   cheers    cheers        Way to go, HB!!!!!!!!!!

190Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/5/2016, 4:55 pm

dumpcare

HB if you are reading this write down under the botox and steroids write down B12 and ask the physical therapist. I just read B12 could repair nerve damage. I forgot to bring you the b12 sublingual dots I take.

191Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/5/2016, 5:07 pm

Sal

Sal

Good news.

Thanks, ppaca.

192Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/5/2016, 7:00 pm

dumpcare

Sal wrote:Good news.

Thanks, ppaca.

You're welcome.

193Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/5/2016, 8:18 pm

dumpcare

HB

https://www.payingforseniorcare.com/financial-assistance/florida.html

194Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/5/2016, 10:20 pm

dumpcare

HB found this just in case you check in and also you'll have a visitor tomorrow bringing you the phone number.

https://www.homeinstead.com/298

24 hour in home care.

195Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/6/2016, 11:57 am

I was channel surfing the other night and stopped on Gomer Pyle only because Lou Ann Poovie was on there.  I felt that Bob would approve and we can all say, in unison, "Oh Gomah!"

Hang in their friend. Many thoughts and prayers are with you.

196Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/6/2016, 11:09 pm

Hallmarkgard

So I went to visit HB today.  I arrived early and he was in therapy.  He was on some parallel type bars..They worked with him and he was able to take about 6 steps with a lot of assistance.  He as hurting a lot so they put him back in this wheel chair and I wheeled him back to his room.  He wanted to get out of the chair so we worked out how put him back in bed.  All went well except he was not in right place(too far down)  We buzzed a nurse and they put him where supposed to be.   He has a meeting with Social Service folks to go over his care, insurance, etc..  Staff but him back in his chair and I rolled him down to his meeting.  It went ok, but he has a few issues with his insurance..Meeting over I roll back to his room and lunch is waiting.  I help him position everything and he eats well with one hand.  So far so good..right?    Bob wants to get back in the bed(leg is hurting)  So we try to do what we did a little while ago..   That is when things went south...Housekeeping had came while we were out and raised the bed.....Bod grabbed the rail with one hand, I swung him around but the bed was too high!!  Damn it.  We try to move back to the chair but his ass moves it away.  He is losing his grip on the rail.  I am punching the nurse call button like a wild  man.  It is no use  .  I grab him under the arms and we slide to the floor..  Now the nurse come charging in.  Bob and I are sprawled on the floor.  They freak out. they think he has fell.   They are worried, then when they see what happened, they are pissed, really pissed.  They put him back in the bed and I left very quickly amidst a lot of deadly looks..  Might have wait a day or so before I visit again.  But Bob thought it funny and that did not help any  LOL

197Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/7/2016, 12:06 am

RealLindaL

Wow, Hallmark, that was quite a story in the "no good deed goes unpunished" tradition. Glad it turned out OK, at least physically speaking. Hope you won't let the memory of those icy stares from the nurses or anyone else bother you. You are a wonderful friend to Bob and he knows it and that's all that counts. You have every right to visit him whenever you (and he) want, and to heck with what anyone else thinks.

198Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/7/2016, 12:31 am

2seaoat

It sounds like the mobility issues are just wearing him out. He needs time. It will take days and even weeks, but two old farts laying on the floor getting dirty looks from the nurses......priceless......I cannot wait to you soup up his electric wheelchair and the stories of Bob taking out innocents.......this adventure should be a great book for Bob to write.

199Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/7/2016, 6:36 am

dumpcare

Hallmarkgard wrote:So I went to visit HB today.  I arrived early and he was in therapy.  He was on some parallel type bars..They worked with him and he was able to take about 6 steps with a lot of assistance.  He as hurting a lot so they put him back in this wheel chair and I wheeled him back to his room.  He wanted to get out of the chair so we worked out how put him back in bed.  All went well except he was not in right place(too far down)  We buzzed a nurse and they put him where supposed to be.   He has a meeting with Social Service folks to go over his care, insurance, etc..  Staff but him back in his chair and I rolled him down to his meeting.  It went ok, but he has a few issues with his insurance..Meeting over I roll back to his room and lunch is waiting.  I help him position everything and he eats well with one hand.  So far so good..right?    Bob wants to get back in the bed(leg is hurting)  So we try to do what we did a little while ago..   That is when things went south...Housekeeping had came while we were out and raised the bed.....Bod grabbed the rail with one hand, I swung him around but the bed was too high!!  Damn it.  We try to move back to the chair but his ass moves it away.  He is losing his grip on the rail.  I am punching the nurse call button like a wild  man.  It is no use  .  I grab him under the arms and we slide to the floor..  Now the nurse come charging in.  Bob and I are sprawled on the floor.  They freak out. they think he has fell.   They are worried, then when they see what happened, they are pissed, really pissed.  They put him back in the bed and I left very quickly amidst a lot of deadly looks..  Might have wait a day or so before I visit again.  But Bob thought it funny and that did not help any  LOL

Thanks for updating Hallmark. Do you know what problem there is with his insurance or at least what they told him?

200Hey Bob - Page 8 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/7/2016, 7:02 am

Lol... I'm glad Bob got a kick outta that... and no harm was done of course. Stay the course Bob..!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum