Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys

+8
VectorMan
Sal
Markle
Wordslinger
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
RealLindaL
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:PS I can't figure out why you are upset with SeaOat who makes good arguments and has merely pointed out that there is a white privilege factor going on that must be recognized and corrected. I don't know how you two got off to such a bad start. Really. [/color]

You can't figure it out, really?  Well, let me try to explain:  

Sea and I have occasionally been at odds on certain subjects for many years, starting back on the PNJ forums, but things have deteriorated considerably more recently.  I don't know how much of this forum/how deeply you've recently read, but the reason I can no longer tolerate Seaoat is because in his infinite, small-man-type arrogance he has decided what I'm all about -- has labeled me a racist among other things -- completely mis-characterizing and misjudging me.  He stubbornly persists in projecting his own totally erroneous conclusions upon me no matter what I say or how many times I say it.  Talk about your brick walls.  

He hurls offensive and/or highly patronizing jabs and insults at me at every turn -- attempting, I suppose, to paint me as a far lesser person than his infinitely wise and wonderful self.  I guess it makes him feel bigger in front of the other forum members to put down certain of us.  Or something.  I don't know, but he's become thoroughly disgusting.   And then he tries to say I'm a dear friend.  B.S.!!!  The man is nuts!

Apparently my very worst, totally unforgivable offense in his mind is that I dared write my own county commissioner to criticize Lumon May's bullying behavior during a traffic stop a couple of  years ago -- behavior entirely unbecoming an elected official of ANY color.  I made the huge mistake of sharing that letter with the forum members at the time -- that'll teach me.   Sea has ever since tagged me a racist who enjoys putting "uppity" (HIS word, NEVER mine!!!!) black men in their place.  Even more recently he likened me (and Bob) to Nazi Germans.   This is all completely outrageous and insulting behavior on his part and I, as one of the most color blind people you'll ever meet, othershoe, will NOT stand for it.

BTW, I have no idea what PM he is cryptically referring to in is last post here.  Nor, frankly, could I care less at this point.

I hope this helps you understand a little better.  If not, sorry; it's the best I can do.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Okay, I remember the Luman May traffic stop incident although I was not reading the forums (I guess) at the time you posted the letter.

Often human behavior is better understood in its historical context. This goes for everything from trying to understand the "meaning" of folks with Confederate flags to people flying rainbow flags; they both have roots in history as did May's reaction to being stopped.

It is better to argue the positions and facts than to personally attack or accuse others. I think it is more fun too. I am in over my head here. Sorry I sort of butted in between you two, awkward. It was just that I have always respected Mr. Oat's opinions and also enjoyed reading your posts and it was uncomfortable seeing the two of you going at each other.

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:Sorry I sort of butted in between you two, awkward. It was just that I have always respected Mr. Oat's opinions and also enjoyed reading your posts and it was uncomfortable seeing the two of you going at each other.

No need to apologize. And your "Mr. Oat" may not be the same as you knew before. Even Markle has recently doubted that some of the things Sea said were his own writing (such as the Nazi-type accusation); Markle tried to explain it to himself by saying that the expressed hate sounded more like Boards, and that BofF was surely posting instead of Seaoat. Not the case, but food for thought.

RealLindaL

BTW, othershoe, I've always enjoyed your posts, too -- very much -- even when I occasionally haven't been 100% in agreement.

More later,
LL

Sadly I think the fixation and repetition are more likely symptoms of cognitive decline.

It's also easier than making intelligent arguments.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Sadly I think the fixation and repetition are more likely symptoms of cognitive decline.

It's also easier than making intelligent arguments.

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys - Page 4 PotMetKettle

You're an absolute hypocrite, comrade.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Sadly I think the fixation and repetition are more likely symptoms of cognitive decline.

I didn't want to say that....

Telstar

Telstar

Is this gloating? Well yeah I guess it is. LOL

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:It would be wonderful if someone counted all of Trump's campaign lies and compared them to those broadcast by Hillary.  

Again, there's a lot that Trump says that makes very good sense, but he also says things which destroy his credibility as a rational, sentient human being.

Hillary is also a liar, but comes across as sane, cunning, and determined.

Insanity or corruption?  Which is your cup of tea?

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys - Page 4 Hillary-DNC-seizure_zpsbeyg9abb

Telstar

Telstar

[quote="Wordslinger"]It would be wonderful if someone counted all of Trump's campaign lies and compared them to those broadcast by Hillary.  

Again, there's a lot that Trump says that makes very good sense, but he also says things which destroy his credibility as a rational, sentient human being.

Hillary is also a liar, but comes across as sane, cunning, and determined.

Insanity or corruption?  Which is your cup of tea?
[/quote

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:At the risk of alienating a few folks and/or being accused of stifling free speech, I've hinted before and will likely say again that the type of gloating demonstrated on this forum over the prospect of a Hillary win is unseemly and doesn't do anything for promoting your own cause, much less national unity.  Not a thing.  I don't see the value in it at all, matter of fact, other than maybe making the posters feel good for a few minutes, and further infuriating the opposition.  To what end??  Is it really that much fun??

Look, feel free to tell me to take a hike, anyone, but that's my strong opinion.  I know as an admittedly left-leaning Independent I often come down hard on certain right wing positions, but I don't think you'll see me rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee at the thought of their possible coming unhappiness.

Honestly, I think that's pretty destructive

So does this make me a perfect saint?  OMG NO.  Just allow me this little rant as one of the senior members (age-wise) of the group.   Smile

It would be nice if we could go back to the pre-Fox News era when there was more agreement and less partisan rhetoric going on but we find ourselves up to our necks in political operatives, negative adds and super pacs.
[...]

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys - Page 4 Laughing

Ah, who could make these things up?

The Progressives are so desperate they are now blaming ONE news source, out of thousands, has caused the hate and vitriol of the last seven years.

It's surely the only media outlet that made Trump and his ilk possible - by nurturing the far right racist-fascists who just stole the republican party.  It's also the only news outlet where the boss demanded his female hosts give him head.   Reality

Yep and Hannity has been a Trump adviser for sometime.  I guess they just decided to release that. So fair and balanced, don't think so.

Just think if Hitler would have had this venue in his time.

How comfy is that chaise lounge on that raft as you drift down DENIAL RIVER?

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys - Page 4 RaftingRiver-1

I realize you know the difference but you love, (I'll say) to pretend to be ignorant, of the FACT that, exactly like the Rachael Maddow show, the Sean Hannity show is an OPINION SHOW.

Shocking, I know, but there is a difference between a NEWS show and an OPINION show. I know, watching CNN, MSNBC and others, you never knew there was a difference.

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum