Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys

+8
VectorMan
Sal
Markle
Wordslinger
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
RealLindaL
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

RealLindaL

At the risk of alienating a few folks and/or being accused of stifling free speech, I've hinted before and will likely say again that the type of gloating demonstrated on this forum over the prospect of a Hillary win is unseemly and doesn't do anything for promoting your own cause, much less national unity. Not a thing. I don't see the value in it at all, matter of fact, other than maybe making the posters feel good for a few minutes, and further infuriating the opposition. To what end?? Is it really that much fun??

Look, feel free to tell me to take a hike, anyone, but that's my strong opinion. I know as an admittedly left-leaning Independent I often come down hard on certain right wing positions, but I don't think you'll see me rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee at the thought of their possible coming unhappiness.

Honestly, I think that's pretty destructive

So does this make me a perfect saint? OMG NO. Just allow me this little rant as one of the senior members (age-wise) of the group. Smile

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:At the risk of alienating a few folks and/or being accused of stifling free speech, I've hinted before and will likely say again that the type of gloating demonstrated on this forum over the prospect of a Hillary win is unseemly and doesn't do anything for promoting your own cause, much less national unity.  Not a thing.  I don't see the value in it at all, matter of fact, other than maybe making the posters feel good for a few minutes, and further infuriating the opposition.  To what end??  Is it really that much fun??

Look, feel free to tell me to take a hike, anyone, but that's my strong opinion.  I know as an admittedly left-leaning Independent I often come down hard on certain right wing positions, but I don't think you'll see me rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee at the thought of their possible coming unhappiness.

So does this make me a perfect saint?  OMG NO.  Just allow me this little rant as one of the senior members (age-wise) of the group.   Smile

That makes you be just like me,  a "fence-sitter" who doesn't worship democrats because they didn't teach you that democrats are infallible gods in the Escambia County Schools.  lol

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:That makes you be just like me,  a "fence-sitter" who doesn't worship democrats because they didn't teach you that democrats are infallible gods in the Escambia County Schools.  lol

Told you a while back I think we have a lot in common. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:
Bob wrote:That makes you be just like me,  a "fence-sitter" who doesn't worship democrats because they didn't teach you that democrats are infallible gods in the Escambia County Schools.  lol

Told you a while back I think we have a lot in common. lol

Damn, I didn't know you were a backwards southern racist dixiecrat who likes living in an armpit. Don't tell me you also listen to that racist Allman Brothers music too. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:So does this make me a perfect saint?  OMG NO.  Just allow me this little rant as one of the senior members (age-wise) of the group.   Smile

You haven't been with us for 6 election cycles.... LOL! It gets worse, so hold your pants on.

I was still working during the 2008 election, and I saved two vacation days for the election and the day after so I could have fun on the forum the whole day (then still at the PNJ). I had a blast both days!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

It will get much worst. Gloating. I would think it is as simple as good and evil, and I do not compromise with evil..........Bob and Linda who now declare their similarities living in the false equivalency world......While working in Germany scheduling cattle cars to death camps they decided they needed to heal and stop gloating and reduced the number of folks in the cattle car from 200 to 180 a compromise which allows them to feel good about sitting on the fence. Sorry I think there is moral clarity in this election and having a grounded approach in the same is not gloating but recognition of evil........some live in the bubble and are blinded to the same, and think hate can be compromised and that a more comfortable ride in the death train is progress.......my position is blow the Fricking train up and all the tacit cowardly support which actually tries to convince us we have two choices and that we need to compromise morality.....F that.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:It will get much worst.  Gloating.   I would think it is as simple as good and evil, and I do not compromise with evil..........Bob and Linda who now declare their similarities living in the false equivalency world......While working in Germany scheduling cattle cars to death camps they decided they needed to heal and stop gloating and reduced the number of folks in the cattle car from 200 to 180 a compromise which allows them to feel good about sitting on the fence.   Sorry I think there is moral clarity in this election and having a grounded approach in the same is not gloating but recognition of evil........some live in the bubble and are blinded to the same, and think hate can be compromised and that a more comfortable ride in the death train is progress.......my position is blow the Fricking train up and all the tacit cowardly support which actually tries to convince us we have two choices and that we need to compromise morality.....F that.

Fuck YOU, sir, for DARING to compare  Bob and me to Germans sending people to death camps.  You are a SHAMELESS CHARLATAN and I am not a violent person but I swear you are one person I wouldn't mind one bit knocking his lights out and then some.  You think yourself such a champion of human rights and yet you don't  hesitate to insult and hurt and stomp on anyone who, in your deeply flawed world view, doesn't measure up to your PERFECT self.

These people that certain forum members are GLOATING over as they face very possible defeat in the upcoming election are also our FELLOW COUNTRYMEN and don't you forget it.  I hate Trump JUST AS MUCH if not more than you do, and I hate some of the things his supporters say and do, but I am not going to be happy for other Americans' unhappiness.  (I will admit that you, however, make hating  -- even to the extent of wishing someone else great discomfort -- a much easier hurdle to jump.)

I just happen to think, IF you'll pardon me the right to think, that it's childlike (make that juvenile)to gloat.   Furthermore, it's just plain STUPID.  All of you who are gloating, just remember there are months to go before the election and anything could happen, and  YOU could be the ones eating one big fat frigging crow.  

As for Bob's and my being similar, we are insofar as we think and analyze and ask questions and do not see the world entirely in black or white.  That said, I remain basically a fiscal conservative and a social liberal and make no apologies for that independent stance.

YOU, Mr. Seaoat, are NOT the judge and king of the world. In fact you should be thoroughly ashamed of your infinite arrogance in thinking so.

My only real beef with seagoat (or anyone voting dem) is that he buys EVERYTHING said about Trump... and nothing said about hillary. Or that she would be any better suited whether by temperament, character, or experience. There's no certainty in any of those opinions... none.

The real tragedy is that either party thinks the American public would settle for these two candidates... and were right.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:My only real beef with seagoat (or anyone voting dem) is that he buys EVERYTHING said about Trump... and nothing said about hillary. Or that she would be any better suited whether by temperament, character, or experience. There's no certainty in any of those opinions... none.

The real tragedy is that either party thinks the American public would settle for these two candidates... and were right.

We've all got a choice: insanity or corruption.
God bless Amerika ...

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:My only real beef with seagoat (or anyone voting dem) is that he buys EVERYTHING said about Trump... and nothing said about hillary. Or that she would be any better suited whether by temperament, character, or experience. There's no certainty in any of those opinions... none.

We've all got a choice: insanity or corruption.  
God bless Amerika ...

You know you wanted it....

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys Hitlers-train-Amerika_zpseebd91bd

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:It will get much worst.  Gloating.   I would think it is as simple as good and evil, and I do not compromise with evil..........Bob and Linda who now declare their similarities living in the false equivalency world......While working in Germany scheduling cattle cars to death camps they decided they needed to heal and stop gloating and reduced the number of folks in the cattle car from 200 to 180 a compromise which allows them to feel good about sitting on the fence.   Sorry I think there is moral clarity in this election and having a grounded approach in the same is not gloating but recognition of evil........some live in the bubble and are blinded to the same, and think hate can be compromised and that a more comfortable ride in the death train is progress.......my position is blow the Fricking train up and all the tacit cowardly support which actually tries to convince us we have two choices and that we need to compromise morality.....F that.

Fuck YOU, sir, for DARING to compare  Bob and me to Germans sending people to death camps.  You are a SHAMELESS CHARLATAN and I am not a violent person but I swear you are one person I wouldn't mind one bit knocking his lights out and then some.  You think yourself such a champion of human rights and yet you don't  hesitate to insult and hurt and stomp on anyone who, in your deeply flawed world view, doesn't measure up to your PERFECT self.

These people that certain forum members are GLOATING over as they face very possible defeat in the upcoming election are also our FELLOW COUNTRYMEN and don't you forget it.  I hate Trump JUST AS MUCH if not more than you do, and I hate some of the things his supporters say and do, but I am not going to be happy for other Americans' unhappiness.  (I will admit that you, however, make hating  -- even to the extent of wishing someone else great discomfort -- a much easier hurdle to jump.)

I just happen to think, IF you'll pardon me the right to think, that it's childlike (make that juvenile)to gloat.   Furthermore, it's just plain STUPID.  All of you who are gloating, just remember there are months to go before the election and anything could happen, and  YOU could be the ones eating one big fat frigging crow.  

As for Bob's and my being similar, we are insofar as we think and analyze and ask questions and do not see the world entirely in black or white.  That said, I remain basically a fiscal conservative and a social liberal and make no apologies for that independent stance.

YOU, Mr. Seaoat, are NOT the judge and king of the world.   In fact you should be thoroughly ashamed of your infinite arrogance in thinking so.

I don't believe that is 2seaoat. That is the style and level of hate of BoardsofFl.

2seaoat

I am not a violent person

Yes you are. Your passive aggressive has not been hidden by the slightest questioning of your bubble life. Non violent people do not behave with such anger and vulgarity. The good Germans did not want to rock the boat, nor did the good citizens of Virginia when they made it illegal for a person of color to marry outside their race......people went along in Birmingham, and they go along now in the new south.......where an uppity black man gets a mob......at least now they do not lynch such displays........and do not even bring up chicken bone beach. Now Bob if I gave him an address, he would drive over to beat me up.......but I think he learned not to do that when he stood at some door looking for a forum member he was mad at.......so please keep your gloating compromising sitting on the fence post got nothing in the game attitude, and do not in your typical passive aggressive way direct me not to gloat. I hope Trump and all the Dixiecrats who support him get ground up and disposed of from American politics because evil is definable.

Sal

Sal

Fuck you ...

... and I mean that sincerely, ...

... fuck you.

The only threat that Hillary poses is that of the status quo.

Trump will be an irreversible stain on the fabric that binds this nation.

We may never recover.

Fuck you.

2seaoat

Trump will be an irreversible stain on the fabric that binds this nation.

35% of the citizens of this nation do not want to be bound to this nation. Trump did not happen by accident.

RealLindaL

I do understand what you mean, Pkr, that there seems to be a certain blind allegiance to Hillary.  On the other hand, both sides have an irritating habit of answering any challenge of their candidate with comparative criticism of the other, such than no flaw of either ever gets honestly discussed on its merits.

As for myself, I truly don't know whether or not Clinton's an abject liar or corrupt, but have chosen her over someone I simply cannot picture being a reasonable, even-handed leader.   Trump makes no bones about shooting from the hip whenever he feels he's been attacked, and that characteristic alone disqualifies him from further consideration in my own book.   I have to trust my own judgment of who I would rather have representing us on the world stage and/or having his/her hand on the red phone, and for me that choice is Hillary Clinton.

That said, I totally agree that we certainly haven't been given stellar choices -- and that's an understatement.   I think we all yearn for that clearly qualified and trustworthy leader we could all (or most all) support.   It's pretty amazing -- make that appalling -- when one considers the hundreds of millions of citizens living here, that our electoral choices came down to these two.  

It must be that it's our own fault, as a people, that our best and brightest want nothing to do with politics.  And what's most discouraging is, there doesn't seem to be a fix for the mess we've made of things on the political front.

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:We've all got a choice: insanity or corruption.  
God bless Amerika ...

Sure seems to look that way to a whole lot of people, Word. Helluva note.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:I don't believe that is 2seaoat.  That is the style and level of hate of BoardsofFl.

Believe it, Markle.  It's Sea all right.  You're seeing his true colors.  If you thought even somewhat more highly of him in the past, join the crowd.  He's becoming more and more outrageous, rambling, combative, and hateful as time goes on.  I'm closer to the ignore button than I've ever been with anyone.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I am not a violent person

Yes you are.   Your passive aggressive has not been hidden by the slightest questioning of your bubble life.  

No, I'm not.  And you obviously have not the slightest understanding of the term passive aggression ("passive aggressive" is not a noun, dummy).  There is nothing whatsoever veiled, masked, unassertive, indirect, or covert about my expressions of hostility toward you when you speak as outrageously to and about me as you have on this forum.

Here's an example:  Take your frigging bubble and shove it.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I am not a violent personNon violent people do not behave with such anger and vulgarity.

Now this is hilarious, folks.   Seaoat is now by definition excluding himself from the violent set, even though his posts are CHOCK FULL of anger, hostility, and vulgarity.   He thinks saying "F" instead of fuck, frigging instead of fucking, etc., etc., keeps his nose clean and makes him more non-violent than I or anyone else??  

What an F-ing, frigging hypocrite.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I am not a violent person

Yes you are.   Your passive aggressive has not been hidden by the slightest questioning of your bubble life.  Non violent people do not behave with such anger and vulgarity.  The good Germans did not want to rock the boat, nor did the good citizens of Virginia when they made it illegal for a person of color to marry outside their race......people went along in Birmingham, and they go along now in the new south.......where an uppity black man gets a mob......at least now they do not lynch such displays........and do not even bring up chicken bone beach.  Now Bob if I gave him an address, he would drive over to beat me up.......but I think he learned not to do that when he stood at some door looking for a forum member he was mad at.......so please keep your gloating compromising sitting on the fence post got nothing in the game attitude, and do not in your typical passive aggressive way direct me not to gloat.   I hope Trump and all the Dixiecrats who support him get ground up and disposed of from American politics because evil is definable.

Gosh, Sea, didn't you forget something?  The kitchen sink, maybe?

Wow, you sure know how to present a cogent, convincing argument that virtually anyone can follow and admire.     Rolling Eyes

You obviously have me confused with everyone and anyone you ever disliked.  Maybe even Seaoat himself, as others have posited.  That theory makes more and more sense as time goes on.

VectorMan

VectorMan

RealLindaL wrote:At the risk of alienating a few folks and/or being accused of stifling free speech, I've hinted before and will likely say again that the type of gloating demonstrated on this forum over the prospect of a Hillary win is unseemly and doesn't do anything for promoting your own cause, much less national unity.  Not a thing.  I don't see the value in it at all, matter of fact, other than maybe making the posters feel good for a few minutes, and further infuriating the opposition.  To what end??  Is it really that much fun??

Look, feel free to tell me to take a hike, anyone, but that's my strong opinion.  I know as an admittedly left-leaning Independent I often come down hard on certain right wing positions, but I don't think you'll see me rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee at the thought of their possible coming unhappiness.

So does this make me a perfect saint?  OMG NO.  Just allow me this little rant as one of the senior members (age-wise) of the group.   Smile

I don't know who has been gloating. (I really don't have the time to read this forum as much as I used to). But I think it is a little early to be so sure of a Hildabeast win. The woman is a proven liar. Not little white lies but big bald faced lies. The kind that most likely resulted in American deaths. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Trump certainly isn't my first choice for POTUS. But I'm voting for him. The lesser of two evils as I see it. A vote AGAIST Clinton! Hell, I'd vote for a bucket of rocks over HRC.

RealLindaL

VectorMan wrote:I don't know who has been gloating. (I really don't have the time to read this forum as much as I used to). But I think it is a little early to be so sure of a Hildabeast win. The woman is a proven liar. Not little white lies but big bald faced lies. The kind that most likely resulted in American deaths. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Trump certainly isn't my first choice for POTUS. But I'm voting for him. The lesser of two evils as I see it. A vote AGAIST Clinton! Hell, I'd vote for a bucket of rocks over HRC.[/b]

Vector I'm not going to name the gloaters; you'd know if you were indeed reading and they know who they are.   But as indicated in my post I do agree it's too early to be so certain of a Clinton win.

You obviously hold extreme dislike and distrust for Clinton, and you're not alone.  I think it's a rotten shame that she's somehow managed to garner such a reputation with so many (and no, I'm not one who believes absolutely none of it is her own fault).  But I do have to ask one question in all seriousness:  Do you seriously consider Trump a truthful person?? I just cannot fathom how anyone could think that of a man who lies at the absolute drop of a hat about things big and small, seemingly every day of the week, with no compunction whatsoever.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

It would be nice if we could go back to the pre-Fox News era when there was more agreement and less partisan rhetoric going on but we find ourselves up to our necks in political operatives, negative adds and super pacs.

Alas, it would be more civilized to just flat out celebrate the likely victory of an establishment democrat over her opposition than to, as you say "gloat". However, it is good to remember all the dirty tricks, pledges to work against his every move (McConell v Obama) calls for him to "produce his papers", disrespect for him on so many levels, shouts of "you lie", an invitation to a leader of a foreign country to speak to a joint session of congress, etc. etc. that have brought us to this point.

In my view the powers that be among the far right have done everything in their power including the fabrication of down right "made up out of thin air" propaganda (see: they are coming for your guns!) in order to try and turn as many people against this administration as possible. Never mind that full implementation of some of his plans would have been better for the country had they been adopted.

We may feel as if we have earned  a premature victory lap around the track while the rotten ass group that has taken over the once reasonably respectable Republican Party goes down in the flames of their own creation. They are finally reaping what they have so carefully sewn. They deserve the scorn of the people. They have made a mockery of the system. They have insulted everything this country has tried to stand for. The gloating will not go on for long as there is plenty of work to do. For the time being what we need to do is to get out the vote.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:I don't believe that is 2seaoat.  That is the style and level of hate of BoardsofFl.

Believe it, Markle.  It's Sea all right.  You're seeing his true colors.  If you thought even somewhat more highly of him in the past, join the crowd.  He's becoming more and more outrageous, rambling, combative, and hateful as time goes on.  I'm closer to the ignore button than I've ever been with anyone.

The writing styles and reading difficulty are far different from the 2seaoat I'm accustomed to posting here. The above is very similar to that of BoardsofFl.

You could be right, I hope not.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:

It would be nice if we could go back to the pre-Fox News era when there was more agreement and less partisan rhetoric going on but we find ourselves up to our necks in political operatives, negative adds and super pacs.
[...]

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys Laughing

Ah, who could make these things up?

The Progressives are so desperate they are now blaming ONE news source, out of thousands, has caused the hate and vitriol of the last seven years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum