Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys

+8
VectorMan
Sal
Markle
Wordslinger
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
RealLindaL
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

RealLindaL

othershoe1030 wrote:The gloating will not go on for long as there is plenty of work to do.

Nevertheless, I stand by my premise that (1) it's too early to celebrate, gloat, or whatever else you want to call it, and that (2) in any event, gloating is not a constructive element.  Certainly it does nothing to advance your stated desire for a return to more civilized partisan discourse.  In fact, the way I see it, it only brings the gloaters down to the behavioral level of that "rotten ass" element you speak of.  

I'll just add that, as a Hillary supporter, however tenuous, it just plain embarrasses me for some of my fellow supporters to watch this misplaced, loudmouth glee.  Not that they care, I fully realize. So I'll just have to leave it that they certainly don't speak for everyone who plans to vote Democratic.

VectorMan

VectorMan

RealLindaL wrote:
VectorMan wrote:I don't know who has been gloating. (I really don't have the time to read this forum as much as I used to). But I think it is a little early to be so sure of a Hildabeast win. The woman is a proven liar. Not little white lies but big bald faced lies. The kind that most likely resulted in American deaths. I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Trump certainly isn't my first choice for POTUS. But I'm voting for him. The lesser of two evils as I see it. A vote AGAIST Clinton! Hell, I'd vote for a bucket of rocks over HRC.[/b]

Vector I'm not going to name the gloaters; you'd know if you were indeed reading and they know who they are.   But as indicated in my post I do agree it's too early to be so certain of a Clinton win.

You obviously hold extreme dislike and distrust for Clinton, and you're not alone.  I think it's a rotten shame that she's somehow managed to garner such a reputation with so many (and no, I'm not one who believes absolutely none of it is her own fault).  But I do have to ask one question in all seriousness:  Do you seriously consider Trump a truthful person?? I just cannot fathom how anyone could think that of a man who lies at the absolute drop of a hat about things big and small, seemingly every day of the week, with no compunction whatsoever.

I don't like Obama. I don't like many of the things he's done since being elected POTUS. I don't like Clinton. She has her own list of things over the years that I don't like that she has done. And she would be like having Obama another four years. They're both fake to their core. They are both proven liars. And I mean BIG TIME liars. So their way of doing things needs to CHANGE. I believe there are a lot of people that are sick of what liberals have been doing to this country for years (another long list). So to change that course I have Trump as my choice. So be it. Anything to hinder the liberal madness.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

It would be wonderful if someone counted all of Trump's campaign lies and compared them to those broadcast by Hillary.

Again, there's a lot that Trump says that makes very good sense, but he also says things which destroy his credibility as a rational, sentient human being.

Hillary is also a liar, but comes across as sane, cunning, and determined.

Insanity or corruption? Which is your cup of tea?

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:
I do understand what you mean, Pkr, that there seems to be a certain blind allegiance to Hillary.

Blind allegiance???

You gotta be kidding me.

I doubt there has ever been another politician so scrutinized, vetted, and yes persecuted in the history of the Republic.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Saul Alinsky wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
I do understand what you mean, Pkr, that there seems to be a certain blind allegiance to Hillary.

Blind allegiance???

You gotta be kidding me.

I doubt there has ever been another politician so scrutinized, vetted, and yes persecuted in the history of the Republic.

Okay, you are thoroughly enamored of Hillary Clinton's background and character.  But it's clear she will continue the same policies that Obama began.  Unfortunately, most Americans -- liberal or conservative -- are anything but satisfied with the status of our fragile union from a standpoint of economic justice, foreign policy, defense, healthcare, etc.  In fact, anger at "the establishment" is driving both Trump's and Sanders' supporters.

Hillary IS the establishment.  Tell us why we should like her!

Sal

Sal

Wordslinger wrote:Okay, you are thoroughly enamored of Hillary Clinton's background and character.  But it's clear she will continue the same policies that Obama began.  Unfortunately, most Americans -- liberal or conservative -- are anything but satisfied with the status of our fragile union from a standpoint of economic justice, foreign policy, defense, healthcare, etc.  In fact, anger at "the establishment" is driving both Trump's and Sanders' supporters.

Hillary IS the establishment.  Tell us why we should like her!

Yes, yes, but then in the reality based universe we can see that the Democratic platform is the most progressive platform in the history of the party.

And Hillary's own policies? ... they are there in black and white for all to read and comprehend, and guess what? ... they bear not even a passing resemblance to your hysterically false narratives.

Enamored? ... hardly.

Rather, clear-eyed and unswayed by crass demagoguery.

Saul Alinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:My only real beef with seagoat (or anyone voting dem) is that he buys EVERYTHING said about Trump... and nothing said about hillary. Or that she would be any better suited whether by temperament, character, or experience. There's no certainty in any of those opinions... none.

The real tragedy is that either party thinks the American public would settle for these two candidates... and were right.

Fuck you ...

... and I mean that sincerely, ...

... fuck you.

The only threat that Hillary poses is that of the status quo.

Trump will be an irreversible stain on the fabric that binds this nation.

We may never recover.

Fuck you.

Except that Hillary is the perfect insider... politically and financially. If you honestly wanted the status quo challenged... she would be the last person for the job. It's comical really that you have to fool yourself to have such strong emotional convictions... that are obviously based on bullshit.

Oh... and leave me out of your homoerotic rants. Ya perv.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:At the risk of alienating a few folks and/or being accused of stifling free speech, I've hinted before and will likely say again that the type of gloating demonstrated on this forum over the prospect of a Hillary win is unseemly and doesn't do anything for promoting your own cause, much less national unity.  Not a thing.  I don't see the value in it at all, matter of fact, other than maybe making the posters feel good for a few minutes, and further infuriating the opposition.  To what end??  Is it really that much fun??

Look, feel free to tell me to take a hike, anyone, but that's my strong opinion.  I know as an admittedly left-leaning Independent I often come down hard on certain right wing positions, but I don't think you'll see me rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee at the thought of their possible coming unhappiness.

Honestly, I think that's pretty destructive

So does this make me a perfect saint?  OMG NO.  Just allow me this little rant as one of the senior members (age-wise) of the group.   Smile

It would be nice if we could go back to the pre-Fox News era when there was more agreement and less partisan rhetoric going on but we find ourselves up to our necks in political operatives, negative adds and super pacs.

Ah, who could make these things up?

The Progressives are so desperate they are now blaming ONE news source, out of thousands, has caused the hate and vitriol of the last seven years.

I always cringe just a little every time a poster questions the reading ability of another yet this seems to be the perfect time to do so.

I of course in no way whatsoever was blaming ONE NEWS SOURCE for the debacle we are in now but OF COURSE was referring (as can plainly be seen) to a Time Period during which the lines of left and right moved from policy positions to more strident adversarial verbal combat.

The opponents or folks on the other side of the aisle became bad and evil and anti American not just people with a different political philosophy. That obviously (to most readers) was what I was talking about and of course you know that too.

You are using the time worn tactic of exaggerating the position taken to a foolish extreme and then calling it untenable.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The gloating will not go on for long as there is plenty of work to do.

Nevertheless, I stand by my premise that (1) it's too early to celebrate, gloat, or whatever else you want to call it, and that (2) in any event, gloating is not a constructive element.  Certainly it does nothing to advance your stated desire for a return to more civilized partisan discourse.  In fact, the way I see it, it only brings the gloaters down to the behavioral level of that "rotten ass" element you speak of.  

I'll just add that, as a Hillary supporter, however tenuous, it just plain embarrasses me for some of my fellow supporters to watch this misplaced, loudmouth glee.  Not that they care, I fully realize. So I'll just have to leave it that they certainly don't speak for everyone who plans to vote Democratic.

I agree with you completely that it is too early to gloat and as I said we need to make sure we get out the vote. Surely it does nothing to advance our wishes that political discourse become more civilized but given the full court press by the Republican establishment over the last 7+ years to undermine and disrupt the leadership of the President it is no wonder that we are happy to see said establishment taking it in the ear.

I feel almost sorry for the people who closely follow the right wing spin machine that feeds them opinions dressed as facts on a nonstop basis because our decisions to support one thing or another are based on the information we get. They can ALMOST be forgiven for living in their own news/information world of fear and distortion. But we all know the Republican Establishment had this (Trump) coming in spades because they have encouraged, promoted and supported the type of craziness that has led the tea bagger types to believe in the views they have been feeding them. Now they get to live with the monster they have created.

2seaoat

Sorry folks there is nothing hidden or difficult to understand about this election. The idea that gloating or strong positions on the out in the open obvious hate in Trump's revised Southern strategy which depends on racism and xenophobic fear is leave it to Beaver Bubbleland. We are up against pure evil in this election. There is no false equivalency of Slinger saying that the system is corrupt, there is no Bubble land where a white privileged Linda and Bob say.....hold it.....the right position is to sit on the fence and give credence to both sides........there is only one answer for moral people. Crush hate and fascism with ruthless certainty and make no apology to Bubbleville who if you scrape the surface are exactly why the dog whistle has been so successful under the Nixon Southern Strategy. No gloat, fight, and kick the door down of the dark underbelly of American politics. White nationalism cannot be appeased. It needs to be crushed. America is a nation of equal opportunity and to the weak kneed apologist for these white nationalist hater may you rot in hell with your moral fence sitting. There is a right answer and hell yes people should gloat about knowing the path to justice and equality in America. Scream the same to the rafters rattle.

2seaoat wrote: open obvious hate... racism and xenophobic fear... pure evil... white privileged... hate and fascism... dog whistle... Southern Strategy...dark underbelly... White nationalism... weak kneed apologist..  white nationalist... rot in hell

I fixed it for you. No demagoguery there... lol. Do you write for the dnc and soros?

Because if you don't then you are being plagiarized.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote: open obvious hate... racism and xenophobic fear... pure evil... white privileged... hate and fascism... dog whistle... Southern Strategy...dark underbelly... White nationalism... weak kneed apologist..  white nationalist... rot in hell

I fixed it for you. No demagoguery there... lol. Do you write for the dnc and soros?

Because if you don't then you are being plagiarized.

I'm sorry the truth is so hard for you to accept. Who did you support for the office? Or are you only able to sit on the sidelines and critique everyone?

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:where a white privileged Linda and Bob say.....hold it.....the right position is to sit on the fence and give credence to both sides........

This is a GROSS mis-statement of my position, which has always  been clear -- that Hillary is the far lesser of two evils and will have my vote.  No fence sitting here, and you, sir, are becoming the abject liar you so love to accuse everyone else of.

My only point as to "both sides" is that we are all Americans.  That does NOT mean I think anyone is right or smart to vote for Trump -- I most definitely do not.   I am saying that GLOATING over a perceived upcoming victory only brings one down to a lower level.   If we are winning, why not take the high road and eschew the juvenile "gotcha" talk?  It could very well be us the next time -- and still could this time, though I'd hate to see it.

Hope to have lots more to say in response to the very intelligent and well-spoken othershoe (in sharp contrast to Mr. White Privileged Seaoat's contributions, I might add), but have some laundry to do.    

BBL,
LL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:where a white privileged Linda and Bob say.....hold it.....the right position is to sit on the fence and give credence to both sides........

This is a GROSS mis-statement of my position, which has always  been clear -- that Hillary is the far lesser of two evils and will have my vote.  No fence sitting here, and you, sir, are becoming the abject liar you so love to accuse everyone else of.

My only point as to "both sides" is that we are all Americans.  That does NOT mean I think anyone is right or smart to vote for Trump -- I most definitely do not.   I am saying that GLOATING over a perceived upcoming victory only brings one down to a lower level.   If we are winning, why not take the high road and eschew the juvenile "gotcha" talk?  It could very well be us the next time -- and still could this time, though I'd hate to see it.

Hope to have lots more to say in response to the very intelligent and well-spoken othershoe (in sharp contrast to Mr. White Privileged Seaoat's contributions, I might add), but have some laundry to do.    

BBL,
LL

Maybe you've forgotten the farce of 2000 and the pathetic 8 years that followed...including what you call "gloating". Never again, Linda...never again.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Maybe you've forgotten the farce of 2000 and the pathetic 8 years that followed.

It especially makes me want to grind my teeth in frustration when I hear the right wing natter about lies or Hillary's email server. I think of the worst lie I can remember, the one about WMD's and the cooked intel and the fake data leaked to the NYT that Cheney would go on the Sunday shows and quote as a reliable source to support their claims...the civilian dead and our killed and wounded soldiers to say nothing of the cost in treasure. Yes, the 8 years following 2000 were indeed pathetic and shameful, and they are complaining about an email server? Let's put this in perspective shall we?

2seaoat

Yep......Linda gets angry at me for telling the truth......how can you compromise with evil. You cannot. Every moral person has to fight hate, prejudice, and xenophobic fear which attempts to make white privilege a right of birth where estate taxes are eliminated, the 1% steals 90% of the GDP gains in productivity over the last thirty years as their taxes dropped and American debt grew to 17 trillion, where children's programs get cut, while coal, oil, and gas get subsidy. This election is NOT about Trump, it is all about the hatred of the Dixiecrats and their historic caustic influence on America as they vote in a bloc and try to destroy the federal Government. They need to be crushed at every level by good people who will not tolerate evil. Fence siting, talking about gloating, and moral equivalency must be crushed for what it is.....dog whistle get along cowardice. Americans are good people. They want a fair and level playing field for all Americans. They do not want somebody harassed in their own neighborhood while driving, shot dead on routine traffic stops, or denied their voting rights by Jim Crow voting obstructionists.........CRUSH EVIL and cheer and gloat about its defeat, because at the heart of America is our goodness which must be celebrated.

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:At the risk of alienating a few folks and/or being accused of stifling free speech, I've hinted before and will likely say again that the type of gloating demonstrated on this forum over the prospect of a Hillary win is unseemly and doesn't do anything for promoting your own cause, much less national unity. Not a thing. I don't see the value in it at all, matter of fact, other than maybe making the posters feel good for a few minutes, and further infuriating the opposition. To what end?? Is it really that much fun??

Look, feel free to tell me to take a hike, anyone, but that's my strong opinion. I know as an admittedly left-leaning Independent I often come down hard on certain right wing positions, but I don't think you'll see me rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee at the thought of their possible coming unhappiness.

So does this make me a perfect saint? OMG NO. Just allow me this little rant as one of the senior members (age-wise) of the group. Smile

It would be nice if we could go back to the pre-Fox News era when there was more agreement and less partisan rhetoric going on but we find ourselves up to our necks in political operatives, negative adds and super pacs.

The Progressives are so desperate they are now blaming ONE news source, out of thousands, has caused the hate and vitriol of the last seven years.

I always cringe just a little every time a poster questions the reading ability of another yet this seems to be the perfect time to do so.

I of course in no way whatsoever was blaming ONE NEWS SOURCE for the debacle we are in now but OF COURSE was referring (as can plainly be seen) to a Time Period during which the lines of left and right moved from policy positions to more strident adversarial verbal combat.

The opponents or folks on the other side of the aisle became bad and evil and anti American not just people with a different political philosophy. That obviously (to most readers) was what I was talking about and of course you know that too.

You are using the time worn tactic of exaggerating the position taken to a foolish extreme and then calling it untenable.

You blamed Fox News. Fox News was the beginning of a new "era".

I think you would be better served to blame the Internet and the resurrection of AM radio by talk formats.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

BBL,
LL

Maybe you've forgotten the farce of 2000 and the pathetic 8 years that followed...including what you call "gloating".  Never again, Linda...never again.

Never again what?? I am at a loss to understand you here, FT. How does OUR gloating neutralize any Republican/conservative gloating done in the past?? It only brings us down to their level. How is that helpful??

RealLindaL

Saul Alinsky wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Blind allegiance???

You gotta be kidding me.

Had written a longish response to Sal earlier but hit "send" just in time to run into the forum outage and my message was lost.  Hate that!!!!

Now it's late and I must be abed, but, as briefly as possible:

Sal, the blind allegiance I was referring to is the apparent tendency of some of Hillary's supporters (obviously NOT her many detractors) to furiously defend her, to the point of refusing to see any flaw in her whatsoever.  She's obviously not a saint any more than any other politician is a saint.  And while I understand how perfectly terrible and frightening the thought of a Trump presidency is -- and how that, among other reasons, can perhaps contribute to one's reacting extremely defensively to any criticism whatsoever of Hillary -- I think what sometimes happens is that one's allegiance to her turns out sounding unreasonably strident --  to appear blind, if you will -- and thus may partially or wholly lose what remote chance it might've had to influence someone on the fence to come over the Hillary camp.  

It's a credibility thing, more than anything.  Does that make at least a little sense?

No one is perfect, not even Hillary, and in trying to understand Pkr's reaction to her very strong defense by those on this board, to the exclusion of almost any admission of any fault in her ever, I am simply telling him that I can see his point.

As to any likelihood I would ever therefore understand someone's actually voting for Trump - which, again, Pkr has said he will not do -- well, that'll be a cold day in Hades.

More later tomorrow, I hope.  Goodnight all,      LL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:At the risk of alienating a few folks and/or being accused of stifling free speech, I've hinted before and will likely say again that the type of gloating demonstrated on this forum over the prospect of a Hillary win is unseemly and doesn't do anything for promoting your own cause, much less national unity.  Not a thing.  I don't see the value in it at all, matter of fact, other than maybe making the posters feel good for a few minutes, and further infuriating the opposition.  To what end??  Is it really that much fun??

Look, feel free to tell me to take a hike, anyone, but that's my strong opinion.  I know as an admittedly left-leaning Independent I often come down hard on certain right wing positions, but I don't think you'll see me rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee at the thought of their possible coming unhappiness.

So does this make me a perfect saint?  OMG NO.  Just allow me this little rant as one of the senior members (age-wise) of the group.   Smile

[...]

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys - Page 2 Laughing

It's surely the only media outlet that made Trump and his ilk possible - by nurturing the far right racist-fascists who just stole the republican party. It's also the only news outlet where the boss demanded his female hosts give him head. Reality

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:You are using the time worn tactic of exaggerating the position taken to a foolish extreme and then calling it untenable.

You could expect nothing less from a true propagandist. That is all Lame Dork poster Markle knows.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

[...]

Please consider quitting the gloating, guys - Page 2 Laughing

It's surely the only media outlet that made Trump and his ilk possible - by nurturing the far right racist-fascists who just stole the republican party.  It's also the only news outlet where the boss demanded his female hosts give him head.   Reality

Yep and Hannity has been a Trump adviser for sometime.  I guess they just decided to release that. So fair and balanced, don't think so.

Just think if Hitler would have had this venue in his time.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

BBL,
LL

Maybe you've forgotten the farce of 2000 and the pathetic 8 years that followed...including what you call "gloating".  Never again, Linda...never again.

Never again what?? I am at a loss to understand you here, FT.   How does OUR gloating neutralize any Republican/conservative gloating done in the past??  It only brings us down to their level.  How is that helpful??  

I'm not sure what you mean by gloating, Linda. It was a pleasure to see each and every GOP candidate go down the tubes. The GOP has become the party of grifters and their followers, the know-nothings. I was furious over the election of Bush, even more furious and incredulous after 9/11, as I watched my neighbors sport flags on their monster trucks and call anyone who opposed Bush a traitor. Who was the traitor? The only hold card the GOP has is stoking hatred of Hillary Clinton, now that their favorite target is leaving office. Trump? Oh, please. It's more than obvious what he is...but the sickening thing is the weasels who got behind him, including our governor. Is it really too much to ask for some sanity in this election?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

BBL,
LL

Never again what?? I am at a loss to understand you here, FT.   How does OUR gloating neutralize any Republican/conservative gloating done in the past??  It only brings us down to their level.  How is that helpful??  

I'm not sure what you mean by gloating, Linda.  It was a pleasure to see each and every GOP candidate go down the tubes.  The GOP has become the party of grifters and their followers, the know-nothings.  I was furious over the election of Bush, even more furious and incredulous after 9/11, as I watched my neighbors sport flags on their monster trucks and call anyone who opposed Bush a traitor.  Who was the traitor?  The only hold card the GOP has is stoking hatred of Hillary Clinton, now that their favorite target is leaving office.  Trump?  Oh, please.  It's more than obvious what he is...but the sickening thing is the weasels who got behind him, including our governor.  Is it really too much to ask for some sanity in this election?

Obviously, the answer to your question is "yes!"

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by gloating, Linda.

gloat
ɡlōt/
verb
gerund or present participle: gloating

To contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure.
   "his enemies gloated over his death"

OK?  We have all seen blatant examples here of forum members gloating over the Republicans'/conservatives' possible impending loss to Hillary Clinton.  That's what I'm talking about, and it's ALL I'm talking about.

It's smug, all right.  And it's juvenile and stupid, especially because the battle hasn't even been won yet, but even if it had been.

My stated desire to see those voting Democratic consider taking a higher road, "be the bigger man," if you'll pardon the old saw, does not in any way whatsoever indicate a willingness on my part to compromise or fence sit or float around in a bubble or refuse to take strong stands on the issues or whatever other blatant crapola certain forum members want to throw at me.  It ONLY means I believe that gloating itself does absolutely NOTHING to even in the tiniest way heal the horrible tears in the fabric of this nation -- that it is, at its core, entirely destructive, rather than constructive.

But hey, if we want the current hate-filled divisions in our country to continue unabated beyond the election or even grow deeper, then yeah, let's gloat to our heart's content if Hillary wins -- or better yet, let's start now as some are already doing:  

It'll be lots and lots of fun, according to some, watching the losers lose.  In fact it already is. The gloating anticipation can hardly be contained. And our forum sponsor obviously thinks so, too, as he smugly exhorts the apparent losing side to get ready to suck it up and humbly salute their new Madam President and CIC.  

Yeah, let's just all rub it in, just be as malignantly smug as possible, and surely that will help bring our nation back to a place where we all respected each other and were not so filled with partisan hatred.

YOU THINK???????

No, of course we can't fix it all by ourselves -- but we most certainly never, ever will if neither side at least tries to take a higher road than we've all been on for too long.  

It's all about that one little candle thing, remember?

I hope this explains my position for you a little better, FT,  Once more: ALL I am talking about is the gloating.  That's ALL this thread was intended to be about.   Please refer back to the title.

And I'll just add that maybe we could all take a lesson from the sportsmanship we so often witnessed and admired in the just-completed Olympic games. Not a lot of blatant gloating on the part of the medalists, now was there?

Last edited by RealLindaL on 8/22/2016, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added final paragraph as afterthought.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum