Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Bay gets the shaft.....but something may be rotten......Are bookies running NFL?

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Sorry, I have raised some real concerns with how volatile picks have been this fall. We are talking about a couple of million dollars for professional referees, and they cannot get it done......it is a smokescreen. I think the NFL is quickly losing credibility on the front end.....but what is really going on in the back end? The Black Sox scandal involved a lot of money in 1918, but the money in 2012 is huge. bounce bounce bounce

You should love these officials! They stand for everything Progressives believe.

It is just like quotas and affirmative action in other jobs and college admissions. This is giving everyone a chance, isn't this FAIR? Isn't one of the substitute officials a woman? See, another barrier broker. TIME TO CELEBRATE!

Joanimaroni wrote: It is not a simultaneous catch if a player (Jennings) gains control first and an opponent (Tate) subsequently gains joint control. There were two different simultaneous calls on the play by two replacement refs standing elbow to elbow. What a fiasco.

Tate stated in a locker-room interview that... Jennings had possession of the ball first.

The refs did not call a simultaneous possession, they looked at each other, one signaled a TD while the other signaled interception. All of this hullabaloo should have been a moot point in the first place because everyone in TV land saw the obvious offensive pass interference against Tate when he shoved the Packer defender to the ground.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote: It is not a simultaneous catch if a player (Jennings) gains control first and an opponent (Tate) subsequently gains joint control. There were two different simultaneous calls on the play by two replacement refs standing elbow to elbow. What a fiasco.

Tate stated in a locker-room interview that... Jennings had possession of the ball first.

The refs did not call a simultaneous possession, they looked at each other, one signaled a TD while the other signaled interception. All of this hullabaloo should have been a moot point in the first place because everyone in TV land saw the obvious offensive pass interference against Tate when he shoved the Packer defender to the ground.

I didn't say they did. Jennings had possession...the refs made two different calls at the same time..... one official near the play ruled a touchdown and the other touchback.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I didn't say they did. Jennings had possession...the refs made two different calls at the same time..... one official near the play ruled a touchdown and the other touchback.

According to your original post you did unless I am missing something.

For the sake of argument, the other ref did not call it a touchback. A touchback is indicated with one arm extended with an up and down movement.

Last edited by Ghost_Rider1 on 9/25/2012, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

salinsky wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Sorry, I have raised some real concerns with how volatile picks have been this fall. We are talking about a couple of million dollars for professional referees, and they cannot get it done......it is a smokescreen. I think the NFL is quickly losing credibility on the front end.....but what is really going on in the back end? The Black Sox scandal involved a lot of money in 1918, but the money in 2012 is huge. bounce bounce bounce

You're over thinking this one. This is union busting plain and simple.

Sal, there is a name for these stand-ins and it is S-C-A-B!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I didn't say they did. call a simultaneous possesionJennings had possession...the refs made two different calls at the same time..... one official near the play ruled a touchdown and the other touchback.

Let me clarify it for you ....two refs, standing elbow to elbow made calls at the same exact time. One indicated a touchdown and the other indicated a touch-back.

Now let me further explain....it is not a simultaneous catch if one player catches the ball, brings it to his chest while another player gets 1 of his arms on the ball.
Apparently the ref that signaled a touch down had to assume it was a simultaneous catch....he could not have missed the fact that Jennings had a two-hand contact with the ball.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

For the sake of argument, the other ref did not call it a touchback. A touchback is indicated with one arm extended with an up and down movement. Wink

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

For the sake of argument, the other ref did not call it a touchback. A touchback is indicated with one arm extended with an up and down movement. Wink

Do you enjoy nit-picking my posts? It's getting old and annoying.

Sal was posting the ruling by officials was being called a simultaneous catch...I responded with....It is not a simultaneous catch if a player (Jennings) gains control first and an opponent (Tate) subsequently gains joint control. I'm terribly sorry you miss so much shit.

Joanimaroni wrote:

Sal was posting the ruling by officials was being called a simultaneous catch...I responded with....It is not a simultaneous catch if a player (Jennings) gains control first and an opponent (Tate) subsequently gains joint control. I'm terribly sorry you miss so much shit.

No what you said was there were 2 refs standing within elbow of each other that called simultaneous possession.

You know maybe you should gain a little bit of a sense of humor. Is it menopause doing that to you?

And if you knew as much about football as you think you do you would know that the signal that the second referee gave was not a signal for a touchback.

And I and extremely sorry that you have gotten to a point in your life where you can longer take a joke. That is pathetic.

2seaoat

The last play would never have happened if there was not a completely blown roughing the passer personal foul at Seattle's 20 yard line. It was the worse call of the night. I have no doubt that some people are dirty. Sorry, this has never been about a couple million dollars.....my guess there are hundreds of millions being made on people who own some of these refs.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

No what you said was there were 2 refs standing within elbow of each other that called simultaneous possession.

You know maybe you should gain a little bit of a sense of humor. Is it menopause doing that to you?

And if you knew as much about football as you think you do you would know that the signal that the second referee gave was not a signal for a touchback.

And I and extremely sorry that you have gotten to a point in your life where you can longer take a joke. That is pathetic.

No, I did not say the refs called a simultaneous possession.

I said, "There were two different simultaneous calls on the play by two replacement refs standing elbow to elbow."

Simultaneous means occurring at the same time.

As for a sense of humor...I have one but nothing you posted was funny....and you can only laugh off or ignore so many nit-picking comments. After awhile it gets old.

I never said I was an authority on football but I do enjoy watching college and professional football. As for the touchback signal....every news channel, sports channel, and internet news commentary that I have seen or read has referenced the refs signal as a touch-back. Take it up with the hundreds probably thousands of people that have said the same thing.

No hormone problems here....just tired of your need to point out, clarify, or just irritate the hell out of me on a regular basis. You did the same thing to me on the PNJ when several of us were discussing various games.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I said, "There were two different simultaneous calls on the play by two replacement refs standing elbow to elbow."

As for a sense of humor...I have one but nothing you posted was funny....and you can only laugh off or ignore so many nit-picking comments. After awhile it gets old.

I never said I was an authority on football but I do enjoy watching college and professional football. As for the touchback signal....every news channel, sports channel, and internet news commentary that I have seen or read has referenced the refs signal as a touch-back. Take it up with the hundreds probably thousands of people that have said the same thing.

No hormone problems here....just tired of your need to point out, clarify, or just irritate the hell out of me on a regular basis. You did the same thing to me on the PNJ when several of us were discussing various games.

Well if you call it nit-picking, then by all means please do so. However it will not get me to stop, it is in my nature and nothing you can say or do will change that. If you don't like it then you have to option of reading my posts or not. You see it as nit-picking, I see it as stating an opinion. But as I said, if you don't like it, too damn bad.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

To beat a dead horse just a little more thoroughly, is there an actual signal for simultaneous catch? I believe the signal for a simultaneous catch in the end zone is cheers

salinsky wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

To beat a dead horse just a little more thoroughly, is there an actual signal for simultaneous catch? I believe the signal for a simultaneous catch in the end zone is cheers

You are correct, there is no call for simultaneous possession. I was just calling it that because of what joani said, "There were two different simultaneous calls on the play by two replacement refs standing elbow to elbow."

But as Seaoat said, there should have never been all that controversy in the first place because of several bad calls and calls missed, specifically the one in the end zone where Golden Tate obviously pushed the defender in the back, thus offensive pass interference should have been called and ironically by the official that indicated a TD. Also defensive pass interference was called on an earlier play when in my opinion it should have been offensive also on Tate.

Edit: ESPN is saying that a deal between the NFL and the refs is very close and that the regular refs could be back on the field as early as this Sunday.

The NFL has decided to use these officials this weekend!

Green Bay gets the shaft.....but something may be rotten......Are bookies running NFL? - Page 2 75655_10

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:The NFL has decided to use these officials this weekend!

Green Bay gets the shaft.....but something may be rotten......Are bookies running NFL? - Page 2 75655_10

And more insulting...the spineless NFL refusing to correct the horrible call then says...there was offensive pass interference missed too!...Nothing like being spineless and throwing your replacement refs even further under the bus...

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Well if you call it nit-picking, then by all means please do so. However it will not get me to stop, it is in my nature and nothing you can say or do will change that. If you don't like it then you have to option of reading my posts or not. You see it as nit-picking, I see it as stating an opinion. But as I said, if you don't like it, too damn bad.

LOL, you were not stating an opinion. You completely misread and miss quoted my post.....so I imagine your nature is a lack of reading skills and comprehension. Now it all makes sense.

2seaoat

I still think that the last three weeks had consistent calls that could not be justified by any rule interpretation yet these refs influenced the outcome of games. Clearly, it has been discussed here that there was a series of calls which were going against Green Bay by the same refs, and the final play never would have mattered, but for the earlier bad calls. I watched too many games which were influenced by poor calls to think this was just accident or happen stance. I really do think the mob got to the NFL, and has its hook deep into the league. Once this lockout is complete, I would love to see a game by game analysis of the calls and how they influenced the outcome, and what the spread was on those games......three weeks and you could be talking about a 100 million dollars of bets placed.

Joanimaroni wrote:

LOL, you were not stating an opinion. You completely misread and miss quoted my post.....so I imagine your nature is a lack of reading skills and comprehension. Now it all makes sense.

What is there about, and I quote from your post, "There were two different simultaneous calls on the play by two replacement refs standing elbow to elbow." unquote. Anyway you spin it in plain English it says that two different simultaneous calls were made by two different referees.

And that was I said in my first post to you, that no simultaneous possession call was made. You cannot call something that does not exist, simultaneous possession in the end zone is either a TD or a touchback, but then if it is a touchback then it would not be simultaneous possession would it?

Maybe it is you that needs to learn to write where people can understand as I am not the first to misunderstand or misquote you. That being said, I'm done with this silly argument with you. You are not worth my time and effort

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

What is there about, and I quote from your post, "There were two different simultaneous calls on the play by two replacement refs standing elbow to elbow." unquote. Anyway you spin it in plain English it says that two different simultaneous calls were made by two different referees.

And that was I said in my first post to you, that no simultaneous possession call was made. You cannot call something that does not exist, simultaneous possession in the end zone is either a TD or a touchback, but then if it is a touchback then it would not be simultaneous possession would it?

Maybe it is you that needs to learn to write where people can understand as I am not the first to misunderstand or misquote you. That being said, I'm done with this silly argument with you. You are not worth my time and effort

I think that what she meant was that two different calls were made simultaneously - one official signaled touchdown and the other touchback.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

salinsky wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I think that what she meant was that two different calls were made simultaneously - one official signaled touchdown and the other touchback.

Exactly. Jennings had both of his hands on the ball and Tate placed one hand on the ball afterwards. I did not say it was a simultaneous possession because I didn't agree with that call.

2seaoat wrote:The last play would never have happened if there was not a completely blown roughing the passer personal foul at Seattle's 20 yard line. It was the worse call of the night. I have no doubt that some people are dirty. Sorry, this has never been about a couple million dollars.....my guess there are hundreds of millions being made on people who own some of these refs.

Speaking on money being made and lost, Patriot coach Bill Belichick's wallet is 50K light this week after being fined for contact with one of the replacement refs after the Patriots lose to the Ravens on Sunday.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Did you hate the 90 sec wait time in order to give me the negative marks on my posts?

2seaoat

The true test of a perfect score on this forum is a zero.....you have achieved perfection. cheers

So, I hear the real refs are coming back this week. Has anybody heard how their marathon negotioning session turned out... Who is declared the winner?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum