Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a sorry rotten old crooked son of a bitch. He's as goddamn liberal as that fucking Obama.

+2
Yella
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130103/NEWS01/301030023/Escambia-Clerk-of-Court-Magaha-s-bids-800-000-goodbye

Bob wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20130103/NEWS01/301030023/Escambia-Clerk-of-Court-Magaha-s-bids-800-000-goodbye

If theres one sure thing we can say, thats its very profitable to work for the Gov.

So all you young people out there, screw becoming a doctor or nurse or many other healthcare profesionals. Just go work for the Gov as a politician. Spending other peoples money is way better than trying to earn it yourself.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So much for that right-wing bullshit that local government is better and more efficient than the federal nanny. That's nothing but a mindless pipedream. Always remember that ALL the scumbag crooks in Washington started out as local politicians. That's where they learned the whole godamned racket.

Last edited by Bob on 1/3/2013, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Bob wrote:http://www.pnj.com/article/20130103/NEWS01/301030023/Escambia-Clerk-of-Court-Magaha-s-bids-800-000-goodbye

I think that Pam Childers should take a broom and make a clean sweep of every managerial position in the Clerk of Courts office starting with Amy Lavoy and Lisa Bernau.

Just because Magaha has the right to do it, does not mean it is right to do.

Yella

Yella

He is the Godfather of the Good Ol' Boys.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

2seaoat

We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg.....the real costs are the increased costs of pensions after back door raises. He probably thought he was rewarding good and hardworking employees.....he thought he was the white knight coming to their aid.....but somewhere he forgot who he worked for......what his fiduciary duty was......very sad, because as Bob has pointed out.....some believe if we only get rid of the federal government we will have liberty and freedom and that somehow by magic government will become noble......for and by the people.......then you open up the paper.

Yella

Yella

2seaoat wrote:We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg.....the real costs are the increased costs of pensions after back door raises. He probably thought he was rewarding good and hardworking employees.....he thought he was the white knight coming to their aid.....but somewhere he forgot who he worked for......what his fiduciary duty was......very sad, because as Bob has pointed out.....some believe if we only get rid of the federal government we will have liberty and freedom and that somehow by magic government will become noble......for and by the people.......then you open up the paper.

This decision needs to be reversed. Is it possible?

Yella wrote:

This decision needs to be reversed. Is it possible?

Part of it, at least. Childers suspended the raises (link below) but hell, that's a relatively minor portion of what was spent. So far as the rest, I am not sure what can be done... Possibly the holiday leave buyout money could be gotten back because of the weird way in which it was dispensed... a COLA lump sum (which I have never heard of and seems counterintuitive to me) instead of a bonus. I'd imagine they'd have to create a system for the employees to pay the money back, something akin to an employee borrows from a 401k.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130104/NEWS01/130104007/Escambia-Clerk-of-the-Circuit-Court-Pam-Childers-to-suspend-clerk-pay-raises

What a shame.

Slicef18

Slicef18

It's a well known phenomena that people of limited education use abusive, street gutter language far more frequently than educated people whose vocabulary is considerably more expansive.

Slicef18 wrote:It's a well known phenomena that people of limited education use abusive, street gutter language far more frequently than educated people whose vocabulary is considerably more expansive.

I'm not too sure about that, Slice! Wink

I've worked with some pretty highly educated people, and most of them talk like sailors... of course I have worked in supply chain for my entire career, which is an area of expertise that is infamous for... well, talking like sailors. Have only encountered one person (one of only two women who were ever on one of my teams, besides myself) who was offended by the language in our department. But then, pretty much everything offended her. Rolling Eyes

That being said, I fairly recently went about 1 or 2-years without cussing, and it's something I struggle to limit/control. My dad hates to hear me use certain cuss words, so I've been trying to stop again. Not doing a real good job so far. Embarassed

Slicef18

Slicef18

riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:It's a well known phenomena that people of limited education use abusive, street gutter language far more frequently than educated people whose vocabulary is considerably more expansive.

I'm not too sure about that, Slice! Wink

I've worked with some pretty highly educated people, and most of them talk like sailors... of course I have worked in supply chain for my entire career, which is an area of expertise that is infamous for... well, talking like sailors. Have only encountered one person (one of only two women who were ever on one of my teams, besides myself) who was offended by the language in our department. But then, pretty much everything offended her. Rolling Eyes

That being said, I fairly recently went about 1 or 2-years without cussing, and it's something I struggle to limit/control. My dad hates to hear me use certain cuss words, so I've been trying to stop again. Not doing a real good job so far. Embarassed

Good for you!! Cursing is thought by some to be an addiction and others think it's simply carelessness while others believe cursing is a verbal attempt give force to the statement.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And the proof positive is that George Carlin was one of the least educated people who ever lived. Considering the amount of profanity he used, I doubt he ever made it past the 1st grade.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is a perfect example. So uneducated that it makes my head spin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzrxy9A7Ja4

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

On the other side of the spectrum, we have Gomer Pyle. Since he never uttered a cuss word in his life, I bet he has four PHD's.

I'm guilty once in a while.. but I'm a Sailor and a Biker.. Very Happy
It's just forum Rage.. Twisted Evil

Slicef18

Slicef18

Bob wrote:

And the proof positive is that George Carlin was one of the least educated people who ever lived. Considering the amount of profanity he used, I doubt he ever made it past the 1st grade.

George Carlin's cursing was part of his shtick same with Eddy Murphy. Cursing as a part of humor is different than cursing being part of ones personality. Good point though.

Slicef18 wrote:
Good for you!! Cursing is thought by some to be an addiction and others think it's simply carelessness while others believe cursing is a verbal attempt give force to the statement.

I'm not sure what it is for for me... illness by way of long-term environmental exposure. lol.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Slicef18 wrote:[ Cursing as a part of humor is different than cursing being part of ones personality.
I dunno, Slice. That sounds like it's okay for famous big shots to use profanity but not okay when a nobody peon like me wants to use it. Reeks of elitism.
If you're gonna be agin profanity then be agin it consistently.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Bob wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:[ Cursing as a part of humor is different than cursing being part of ones personality.
I dunno, Slice. That sounds like it's okay for famous big shots to use profanity but not okay when a nobody peon like me wants to use it. Reeks of elitism.

I'm not sure about that. I gotta think about it. A psychologist (DrPhil type) spend their day watching and judging peoples behavior, but do not do it when off work. A soldier shoots at people called the enemy but do not target civilians when back in the states.

Slicef18 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:[Cursing as a part of humor is different than cursing being part of ones personality.

I'm not sure about that. I gotta think about it. A psychologist (DrPhil type) spend their day watching and judging peoples behavior, but do not do it when off work. A soldier shoots at people called the enemy but do not target civilians when back in the states.

Slice sweetie, I don't savvy the sentence I bolded above. Can you rephrase for me please?

I can understand what Bob said about it being okay when bigshots use profanity but it's not okay for us peons, but I am not referencing people who are in the media (as I think Bob is), just in the workplace. When our GM and/or other Big Wheels came to visit, of course we'd all do our best not to cuss around them unless we knew them well enough to do so, in effort to be respectful and to not project an unprofessional environment at our factories, &c. But during meetings (both small and large attendance) I cannot even tell you how many times one of those same men dropped the f-bomb. Pretty normal occurrence, and these are c-band guys... executives and senior executives. But us peons were expected to behave, which was fine with me... but just to illustrate Bob's point from my own experience and perspective.

Where is everybody?? It's a slow day for me and I am BORED!

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:

It is my view that the world does not need the likes of Rush and I think that Carlin's description of him was accurate and well said even though it was harsh.

2seaoat

The less profanity is used on this forum.....the more I like it. I will be guilty of the weakness, but I try to use symbols rather than bluntly stating the obvious....I think Mr. Slice is trying to be diplomatic......I would have just suggested that Bob's thread headline is F'd up......but then I am not as funny as Carlin, nor do I suggest that I am anything but an arrogant prick who prefers conversation which are not laced with profanity.....not because I do not use those words.....I am a foul person at times.....no....it just becomes so tedious and boring when overused. Its like Curb on HBO when deciding to take their series staring Elaine to HBO to sell it.......you can say F__k on HBO.......I guess some people think being able to do that is critical.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

It is my view that the world does not need the likes of Rush and I think that Carlin's description of him was accurate and well said even though it was harsh.
If I was to write a post right now to express my true feelings about Limbaugh it would be so offensive that I might have to go to hell just for that alone. lol

But it would be along the same lines as that expressed by Carlin. Which would be "when is it ever going to end?". Limbaugh has had his 15 minutes a thousand times over by now. His 15 minutes has now lasted longer than anyone else's 15 minutes in the history of the world.

Slicef18

Slicef18

riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:
Bob wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:[Cursing as a part of humor is different than cursing being part of ones personality.

Slice sweetie, I don't savvy the sentence I bolded above. Can you rephrase for me please?

Sure, I'd be glad to. There is a difference between what and how people act at home when compared to their work. There is a difference between an entertainer using cursing as part of their shtick and the way they converse when at home and around their family. People going to Carlin, Eddy Murphy and Andrew Dice Clay expect to hear cursing. They pay to hear it. Sorry for the confusion.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I can understand what Bob said about it being okay when bigshots use profanity but it's not okay for us peons, but I am not referencing people who are in the media (as I think Bob is), just in the workplace. When our GM and/or other Big Wheels came to visit, of course we'd all do our best not to cuss around them unless we knew them well enough to do so, in effort to be respectful and to not project an unprofessional environment at our factories, &c. But during meetings (both small and large attendance) I cannot even tell you how many times one of those same men dropped the f-bomb. Pretty normal occurrence, and these are c-band guys... executives and senior executives. But us peons were expected to behave, which was fine with me... but just to illustrate Bob's point from my own experience and perspective.

Where is everybody?? It's a slow day for me and I am BORED!

Corporations develop their own culture and executives who curse openly in front of their employees are classless leaders who by their actions tell employees cursing is OK. Our culture also expect women to not curse in public. I'm not saying it's fair, but it's the way our culture is. In my mothers 97 years, I never heard her curse.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

If I was to write a post right now to express my true feelings about Limbaugh it would be so offensive that I might have to go to hell just for that alone. lol

But it would be along the same lines as that expressed by Carlin. Which would be "when is it ever going to end?". Limbaugh has had his 15 minutes a thousand times over by now. His 15 minutes has now lasted longer than anyone else's 15 minutes in the history of the world.

Rush Limbaugh's followers are people who lean toward being paranoid in the clinical sense. He reenforces things ain't fair and their out to get you. It's worth remembering that the Limbaugh's, politicians and clergy all maintain their followers by identifying an enemy that is out to get them and do them harm and they will show them the way to safety.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum