Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Bay gets the shaft.....but something may be rotten......Are bookies running NFL?

+2
Sal
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

2seaoat

Sorry, I have raised some real concerns with how volatile picks have been this fall. We are talking about a couple of million dollars for professional referees, and they cannot get it done......it is a smokescreen. I think the NFL is quickly losing credibility on the front end.....but what is really going on in the back end? The Black Sox scandal involved a lot of money in 1918, but the money in 2012 is huge. bounce bounce bounce

I dont want to start a flaming war, but I have never understood spectator sports. Why would I want to go watch someone play a game? Thats it. Just a game. Dosent matter in the scheme of things who wins. There are those of us who would rather float down a river, play golf, tennis, Ping Pong, Make a bookcase, do something rather that pay money to sit in a stadium and watch someone else play a game.
I am just being honest. I dont mean to slam any of you who do enjoy professional sports. But remember. Some people really dont give a damn.

I guess Today's topic will be "The horror and agony and possibly the end of the world over the missed call at the Peckers game"

2seaoat

Yes, and there are some people who love to ride their bikes. Some people love to ride their motorcycles. Some people love fishing. Some people love the theater. Some people love playing card games.

My golf friends will visit my Brother who lives in Desert Mountain which has five great world class golf courses, and after golf we play cards. My brother looks like a puppy dog shifting his head back and forth not understanding why we enjoy playing cards. When he goes along playing golf....he will take a hole off and go into the desert and look for golf balls. He likes to tinker with his cars while we go golfing, and quite simply he just does not get it. Is he wrong.....nope....he just cannot comprehend why we love golf and cards. Now, my friends will say....What's up with your brother looking for golf balls.......I simply explain that he does not get our excitement, and he is bored with golf, and does not understand cards.

You could not understand how Maritime Park would have so many people vote with their feet on Maritime Park.......they voted with their ballots, but some just never could understand, and even now their aptitude deficiency does not make them wrong....anymore than my brother is wrong....they simply lack the aptitude in that area to understand. I have no aptitude for musicals......it is like going to the dentist, but we have a couple who we socialize with where the wife loves musicals and insists in sharing her love of musical theater with us.......I have no aptitude to understand what makes her get so excited.....but just because I lack the aptitude, does not mean that theaters are empty across this country. Bad decisions are made second guessing what is popular in America if you solely depend on what your personal tastes define as worthy.

I do not think you will ever find a quote from me about the attendance of the Blue wahoos. My issue was the Stadium. That simple. I am not D Skipper. Call it what you want, all we have a baseball stadium and some green space. Far cry from what was envisioned. I know. I know. Just wait. Mary Poppins will soon appear and it all will be even better.

I find it ludicrous that we throw away money, time and effort on non productive pleasure only venues. Nero fiddled, while Rome Burned.

Sal

Sal

hallmarkgrad wrote:I dont want to start a flaming war, but I have never understood spectator sports. Why would I want to go watch someone play a game? Thats it. Just a game. Dosent matter in the scheme of things who wins. There are those of us who would rather float down a river, play golf, tennis, Ping Pong, Make a bookcase, do something rather that pay money to sit in a stadium and watch someone else play a game.
I am just being honest. I dont mean to slam any of you who do enjoy professional sports. But remember. Some people really dont give a damn.

I guess Today's topic will be "The horror and agony and possibly the end of the world over the missed call at the Peckers game"

Why do people read books and watch television? Because they enjoy watching the drama unfold. The beauty of sports is that the ending is unpredictable and has not been predetermined.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Sorry, I have raised some real concerns with how volatile picks have been this fall. We are talking about a couple of million dollars for professional referees, and they cannot get it done......it is a smokescreen. I think the NFL is quickly losing credibility on the front end.....but what is really going on in the back end? The Black Sox scandal involved a lot of money in 1918, but the money in 2012 is huge. bounce bounce bounce

You're over thinking this one. This is union busting plain and simple.

2seaoat

You're over thinking this one. This is union busting plain and simple.

I do not think so. Did you see those calls last night. If the mob is getting to college basketball players in tinbucktoo where the money is pennies on the dollar.........the incentive to influence the outcome of an NFL game is huge.....and what better way than the back door of a labor strife. Incompetence is flourishing, and within that context a dirty ref crew could make thirty or forty million......I am surprised this method has not been utilized before.....it is genius as we talk about union busting or incompetence the ground is fertile to sprout the fix.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The referees in last night's game showed nothing more than total incompetence. They didn't have a clue, yet their decision after reviewing the play determined the outcome of the game. According to the officials, the wrong team won the game. The height of their competency was below the level of their negligence.

I admire GB for coming back on the filed for the extra-point kick.

I don't think that the bookies are running the NFL, I think that there are just a bunch of incompetent replacement officials doing a piss poor job of officiating. I used to be an official on the high school level and I could do a better job at the NFL level than these bozos.

It has become a sad state of affairs when the officiating crew as well as the other team are now the opponents.

Sure they are going to make mistakes as do the regular crews, but do not allow the game to be won or lost on a blown call as the one last night. That call was was blatantly wrong that even a blind man could have called it correctly.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The only qualification the referees had was official uniforms and whistles.

2seaoat

I am sorry........I cannot believe with 80 years of organized crime linked to gambling and labor unions it is naive to think that these folks have not tried to get to officials in the pros. This is a great opportunity to leverage incompetence into huge profits. There have been far too many upsets in the first three weeks for me to think this is limited to just incompetence. No big conspiracy theory, but a Monday Night game has huge dollars bet, and the flag that bothered me was not the touchdown flag......it was the one that allowed Seattle to keep the ball on a roughing the passer. I am telling you this smells of the mob and gamblers getting into this labor dispute and getting to some refs.....too many things are lining up for this idea that the NFL is squeaky clean is crazy to even allow this chaos to happen over 2 million dollars.....none of this makes sense from a economic sense....and if people do not raise the question of gambling in modern sports and those who control gambling.....it is silliness. I cannot prove that the mob has refs in their pocket....but they have in the past....and they will in the future, and what an opportunity to make a killing.

Kind of messes up Mr Sals premise of "The beauty of sports is that the ending is unpredictable and has not been predetermined."

If you do not think football, nascar, golf and even baseball has not had the "call" put out you are naive. Fans just do not want to think that "their" team or players could do such a thing. Rule #1 Never bet on another person or persons. Just your self.

Sal

Sal

O ... M ... G

After the Hall of Fame game in August, Mike Pereira let it slip that Craig Ochoa, the referee who worked that game, had been fired from the Lingerie Football League. The Lingerie Football League—which recently uprooted itself from its US host cities to barnstorm in Canada, the United States, and Australia over the next year—didn't respond to our request for comment on Pereira's charge then.

But now they have, and, boy, oh boy, this is great:

"Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games."

If there was ever a reason for a public statement from a third-tier football league at 12:28 a.m. on a Tuesday, tonight's debacle was it. And, yup, Roger Goodell, you just got served. By the commissioner of the Lingerie Football League. Eat it.

http://deadspin.com/5946112/the-lingerie-football-league-announces-that-it-fired-a-couple-crews-which-apparently-are-now-officiating-in-the-nfl-because-of-incompetence
Shocked

Yella

Yella

2seaoat wrote:Sorry, I have raised some real concerns with how volatile picks have been this fall. We are talking about a couple of million dollars for professional referees, and they cannot get it done......it is a smokescreen. I think the NFL is quickly losing credibility on the front end.....but what is really going on in the back end? The Black Sox scandal involved a lot of money in 1918, but the money in 2012 is huge. bounce bounce bounce

I had the same feeling last night. I smell a rat.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Question....The play called by the refs on the field may have been wrong but it was REVIEWED upstairs...now isn't that an NFL staffer?...So why are all the experts ticked at the refs if it was reviewed?...

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:
Question....The play called by the refs on the field may have been wrong but it was REVIEWED upstairs...now isn't that an NFL staffer?...So why are all the experts ticked at the refs if it was reviewed?...

From what I've heard said by the experts, the ruling on the field was simultaneous possession which is not reviewable. Simultaneous possession calls go to the offensive player. Once the ref signaled touchdown, the game was over. The booth could've reviewed whether or not the ball touched the ground or the players were out of bounds, but not who had possession of the ball.

salinsky wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

From what I've heard said by the experts, the ruling on the field was simultaneous possession which is not reviewable. Simultaneous possession calls go to the offensive player. Once the ref signaled touchdown, the game was over. The booth could've reviewed whether or not the ball touched the ground or the players were out of bounds, but not who had possession of the ball.

If that's true then why take the time to review?...

newswatcher wrote:
salinsky wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

If that's true then why take the time to review?...

Because under the rules every touchdown is reviewed whether there is any controversy or not. Also in order to over-turn a call on the field there must be indisputable evidence to the contrary. The play was not being reviewed as a simultaneous catch, it was being reviewed as a TD as all scores are booth reviews. In this case review of who had the ball is not clear enough to over-turn the play

@Sal: It was not called simultaneous possession on the field, it was called a TD on the field and as such it was an automatic booth review.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
@Sal: It was not called simultaneous possession on the field, it was called a TD on the field and as such it was an automatic booth review.

Simultaneous possession in the end zone is a touchdown, right?

salinsky wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Simultaneous possession in the end zone is a touchdown, right?

True but remember every TD is an automatic booth review, so simultaneous possession should never have even entered the equation once the goal line was crossed. I think this is a case of the announcers just adding their 2 cents worth.

Sal

Sal

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
True but remember every TD is an automatic booth review, so simultaneous possession should never have even entered the equation once the goal line was crossed.

The ball was caught in the end zone. The ref on the field ruled that it was simultaneous possession, thus a touchdown. The booth did a standard review of the touchdown because they review all touchdowns, however simultaneous possession was not an issue because that is a call that is made only by the field officials. Do I have all that right now?

I think that's what I said to begin with ..., or meant to say ..., or something?

My head is starting to hurt.

LOL

NFL Lockout Refs Watching the Games...

Green Bay gets the shaft.....but something may be rotten......Are bookies running NFL? L9mdg10

salinsky wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
True but remember every TD is an automatic booth review, so simultaneous possession should never have even entered the equation once the goal line was crossed.

The ball was caught in the end zone. The ref on the field ruled that it was simultaneous possession, thus a touchdown. The booth did a standard review of the touchdown because they review all touchdowns, however simultaneous possession was not an issue because that is a call that is made only by the field officials. Do I have all that right now?

I think that's what I said to begin with ..., or meant to say ..., or something?

My head is starting to hurt.

LOL

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player (Jennings) gains control first and an opponent (Tate) subsequently gains joint control.

There were two different simultaneous calls on the play by two replacement refs standing elbow to elbow. What a fiasco.

Tate stated in a locker-room interview that... Jennings had possession of the ball first.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 9/26/2012, 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum