Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

20 Killed in Orlando nightclub

+7
ZVUGKTUBM
RealLindaL
Hallmarkgard
Hospital Bob
Sal
2seaoat
dumpcare
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:
Bob wrote:The Florida Attorney General is on tv now for a press conference.
She's hot.

You do know she was the single biggest obstacle to gay marriage in Florida, yes?

If that's the case she'll REALLY be welcome on Fox News.  lol

I didn't know anything about who the Florida Attorney General is until seeing her today.  Since I stopped getting the newspaper and stopped watching the local tv news,  I am a complete dumbass on state and local politics.
Used to keep up with it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:Wouldn't it be something if ISIS turned out to be the catalyst for stricter gun controls in America?

Retired General David Petraeus and Retired Astronaut Mark Kelly Launch Gun Control Group

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politics/david-petraeus-mark-kelly-gun-control/index.html

"...The two announced on Friday that they were launching Veterans Coalition for Common Sense to encourage elected leaders to "do more to prevent gun tragedies." The group will feature veterans from every branch of the military who are urging lawmakers to toughen gun laws, the organization said in a news release...."

Wasn't Petraeus George W. Bush's chosen general for leading the 2007 'Surge' in Iraq? Bush fired a flock of generals before her found one who did things he liked in Iraq.

Kelly of course is husband to former Congresswoman Gabriel Giffords, who was shot through the head by a gunman at a rally. She intrepidly survived the shooting.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:And it has nothing whatever to do with muslim homophobia that this guy shot up a gay nightclub.  Purely just a coincidence that it happened to be a gay nightclub.  Because it's the religion of love and peace. 

I'm not an expert but from everything I understand, ISIS is a total perversion of the Islamic religion, Bob.

I suppose being attracted to ISIS is not surprising for someone homophobic, since Middle Eastern ISIS followers like to throw gay people off of rooftops to their deaths -- but in this guy's case I don't think we know which came first, the chicken or the egg.  

The shooter's parents apparently reported that he was upset about having seen a couple of gay guys kissing/showing affection when he was in Miami recently with his young son -- that it happened first out in the open and then in a public restroom (not sure it was the same guys or even the same day) -- and he'd said something to the effect of how dare they do this in front of my kid.  (Sorry, repeating this from very sketchy memory of lots of things heard on TV today.)  

Anyway, what really gets me is the supreme irony that obviously escaped this genius young man; that is, that for anger at his son's having to witness innocent demonstrations of homosexual love, he instead left his son forever fatherless and with a lifelong stain of being the son of a mass murderer. Way to go, creep.  Belongs in the annals of screwed-up parental brain function if I ever saw it.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 6/13/2016, 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total

7920 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/12/2016, 10:22 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
She's hot.

Stupid and evil is not a good look.

8020 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/12/2016, 11:03 pm

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:maybe it is time to treat assault weapons with a few regulations.

Colossal understatement.   There is NO viable, credible rationale for allowing U.S. residents to own assault weapons.  NONE.

Sorry RealLindaL, you wouldn't know an assault weapon if you tripped over one.  For one reason, the term, "assault weapon" is an invented term.  It was invented to ban weapons that LOOKED dangerous.

This is an AR-15, it is NOT an assault rifle.  It fires one round each time the trigger is pulled.

20 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Ar15_1_zpsaf9qkpva

These guns all fire one round for each pull of the trigger.

20 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 All%20semi%20auto%20one_round_zpsxl8gbef3

Below is an ASSAULT RIFLE, capable of firing 950 rounds per minute.  It is an M4A1 carbine.

20 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 A2020m4a1_zpsf050dwwb

All an automatic rifle does is waste a LOT of ammo.
I have a semi-automatic rifle.  It was invented for use by the Viet Cong to assault American GI's.  
If we could talk to the dead GI's,  I'm sure they would tell you a semi-automatic was used to assault them.
You can call a rose by any name you want,  but it's still a rose.

If I recall, we had automatic weapons which had three settings. Semi-automatic, the one used most frequently was it fired three bullets at a time and fully automatic.

8120 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/12/2016, 11:08 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:Wouldn't it be something if ISIS turned out to be the catalyst for stricter gun controls in America?

The opposite will happen. This will provide a big boost to the Trump candidacy who isn't afraid to name our enemy.

8220 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/12/2016, 11:16 pm

2seaoat

The opposite will happen. This will provide a big boost to the Trump candidacy who isn't afraid to name our enemy.

Help me.....who is "our" enemy? Please be specific because we all know Donald Trump is incapable of doing the same.

8320 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/12/2016, 11:27 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This will provide a big boost to the Trump candidacy

Gee, I guess the Republican platform needs tragedy to get ahead, since its 2016 platform is pretty bankrupt on the policy front.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

Trump once more proved himself an idiot today, someone else who always wants to claim he knows better than anyone else and is always right.  In a tweet he claimed, "I called it and asked for the ban."   Called what, exactly, Trump???   A ban on Muslim immigrants would not have stopped this man who was -- wait for it -- born in the USA.

VectorMan

VectorMan

RealLindaL wrote:Trump once more proved himself an idiot today, someone else who always wants to claim he knows better than anyone else and is always right.  In a tweet he claimed, "I called it and asked for the ban."   Called what, exactly, Trump???   A ban on Muslim immigrants would not have stopped this man who was -- wait for it -- born in the USA.

Liberal Meathead President Obama once more proved himself an idiot today, someone else who always wants to claim he knows better than anyone else and is always right.

Many, many liberals think they know what is best for everyone. No matter what "everyone" thinks is best for themselves.

Obama is a dumbass at best. Thank God his days are numbered. I always wanted Obama to crash and burn. I guess the legacy he leaves behind will take care of that.

Crash and burn Obama! You fucking asshole! You too Hillary. Sorry ass bitch already got innocent Americans killed. WHAT DOES IT MATTER NOW!?

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Trump once more proved himself an idiot today, someone else who always wants to claim he knows better than anyone else and is always right.  In a tweet he claimed, "I called it and asked for the ban."   Called what, exactly, Trump???   A ban on Muslim immigrants would not have stopped this man who was -- wait for it -- born in the USA.

Liberal Meathead President Obama once more proved himself an idiot today, someone else who always wants to claim he knows better than anyone else and is always right.

Many, many liberals think they know what is best for everyone. No matter what "everyone" thinks is best for themselves.

Obama is a dumbass at best. Thank God his days are numbered. I always wanted Obama to crash and burn. I guess the legacy he leaves behind will take care of that.

Crash and burn Obama! You fucking asshole! You too Hillary. Sorry ass bitch already got innocent Americans killed. WHAT DOES IT MATTER NOW!?

Completely incoherent.

For the sake of humanity, I hope you were drunk off your ass when you vomited up that post.

8720 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/13/2016, 11:23 am

RealLindaL

VectorMan wrote:I always wanted Obama to crash and burn.

There it is in all its glory-- for anyone who still blames Obama, rather than the conservative Congress' obstructionism from day one -- for any failure of cooperation between the administration and the legislature.

8820 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/13/2016, 11:37 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I agree with Vectorman, that pansy obama sided up with all those queers and gay marriage. I don't want that for a president. I want a real man like a Republican. A good republican christian man calls a spade a spade and a fag a fag because that's what the Lord says he should do.

8920 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/13/2016, 11:40 am

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:I agree with Vectorman,  that pansy obama sided up with all those queers and gay marriage.  I don't want that for a president.  I want a real man like a Republican.  A good republican christian man calls a spade a spade and a fag a fag because that's what the Lord says he should do.

lol!   cheers    cheers   lol!

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Bob wrote:If we could talk to the dead GI's,  I'm sure they would tell you a semi-automatic was used to assault them.  You can call a rose by any name you want,  but it's still a rose.

Or a skunk.  Exactly so, Bob.   Markle knows perfectly well what is largely meant by the term "assault weapon" in today's discourse, but he prefers to split technical hairs rather than discuss TRUTH.

I discussed the TRUTH. You, on the other hand, prefer to ignore FACTS. You also admitted you have no clue what you are talking about regarding guns.

You demand that guns, of which you know nothing, be banned...simply because they LOOK dangerous to you.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:You also admitted you have no clue what you are talking about regarding guns.

Please do me a large favor and show me where I said that.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:You demand that guns, of which you know nothing, be banned...simply because they LOOK dangerous to you.

I just love it when angry knee-jerk conservatives put words in my mouth, most of which come from their own contorted brains, not from mine.  

First of all, I haven't DEMANDED anything.  I have stated unequivocally that there is no valid, credible reason for U.S. residents to own military-type assault weapons.  That is my strongly held opinion, and I stand by that statement.  I am far, far from alone in the sentiment.

Any other words you care to put in my mouth, sir?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle,

We know the gun nuts apply the label "assault" rifle only to fully automatic weapons.
But our point is that a semi-automatic rifle was plenty able to assault and kill 50 people and wound 50 others.

Also, just because he legally purchased the weapon doesn't mean it should have been legal. I agree with what Hillary Clinton said today, that anyone on the FBI terrorist watch list should be prohibited from buying any firearms including a bb gun.

RealLindaL wrote:

There it is in all its glory-- for anyone who still blames Obama, rather than the conservative Congress' obstructionism from day one -- for any failure of cooperation between the administration and the legislature.

I know you don't remember... or have purged/revised it... but in 2010 there was a historic rejection of the means of and nature of obamacaid. There were angry american citizens that were motivated to exercise their right to vote. Ring a bell?

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I know you don't remember... or have purged/revised it... but in 2010 there was a historic rejection of the means of and nature of obamacaid. There were angry american citizens that were motivated to exercise their right to vote. Ring a bell?

Since I'm talking about total rejection of the man's presidency that preceded even his inauguration, I'm not sure what this has to do with anything, but yeah, there were citizens angry about the Affordable Care Act, presuming that's what you're referring to.   A typical one was my hairdresser, a 50-something successful salon co-owner who has always eschewed purchasing health insurance "on principle" because "My father and mother hate insurance and so do I."   She has a serious chronic health condition and has been hospitalized a couple of times for lengthy periods because of it, including surgeries, plus has had numerous other needs for medical care due to accidents/injuries/illnesses.   So, because she doesn't "believe in insurance," and never bought it when she was healthy and could've afforded it, and because she now still prefers to pay the ACA penalty (if she really does; she says she does) instead of obtaining insurance under the ACA at any cost, even if low, and because she manages to somehow get out from under all those big medical bills (I'm not sure how -- maybe Medicaid? maybe write-offs?) -- guess who gets to pay for all of that?  You and I and every other responsible taxpayer, that's who -- either through the cost of Medicaid, and/or, if the facilities do partial or total write-offs, through higher costs for our own health care.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Who rang YOUR bell? This discussion is about a mass murder.

9720 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 10:13 am

dumpcare

There is just so much info on the news this morning. They interviewed his first wife and she said he liked to go to gay clubs and had gay apps on his phone. Could this be he was closet gay all of a sudden got religion and started following Allah and decided his feelings and other's were wrong and boom?

9820 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 10:19 am

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:There is just so much info on the news this morning. They interviewed his first wife and she said he liked to go to gay clubs and had gay apps on his phone. Could this be he was closet gay all of a sudden got religion and started following Allah and decided his feelings and other's were wrong and boom?

Self-loathers can be volatile and have bad memories.

9920 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 10:23 am

dumpcare

Been listening on TV but just found this on msn:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breakingnews/possible-motives-emerge-for-club-gunman-as-orlando-mourns/ar-AAh10Pr?li=BBnb7Kz

Seems he may have been conflicted.

10020 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 4 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 11:27 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:There is just so much info on the news this morning. They interviewed his first wife and she said he liked to go to gay clubs and had gay apps on his phone. Could this be he was closet gay all of a sudden got religion and started following Allah and decided his feelings and other's were wrong and boom?
I think you are right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum