Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

20 Killed in Orlando nightclub

+7
ZVUGKTUBM
RealLindaL
Hallmarkgard
Hospital Bob
Sal
2seaoat
dumpcare
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

10120 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 1:19 pm

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Markle wrote:You also admitted you have no clue what you are talking about regarding guns.

Please do me a large favor and show me where I said that.

Sadly I will help you "remember".

2seaoat wrote:
"maybe it is time, to treat assault weapons with a few regulations."

RealLindaL wrote:
"Colossal understatement. There is NO viable, credible rationale for allowing U.S. residents to own assault weapons. NONE"

If that is your statement?

Tell us what, in your opinion, specifically, what is an assault weapon, please.

10220 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 1:54 pm

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

A weapon with which you can carry out an assault on a nightclub, shooting over 100 people in a matter of minutes.

Can I help you out with any other rudimentary concepts?

10320 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 2:19 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:
Markle wrote:

A weapon with which you can carry out an assault on a nightclub, shooting over 100 people in a matter of minutes.

Good One!!!

20 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Doh10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

10420 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 2:28 pm

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:
Markle wrote:

cheers cheers cheers Now that's what I call TRUTH!!!!

10520 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 3:08 pm

Woefully inadequate description... not at all "the truth". What y'all seem to have an issue with is guns in general.

Go ahead and be honest. You know you will support sweeping gun control when it finally comes to pass... and it will.

10620 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 3:18 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Woefully inadequate description... not at all "the truth". What y'all seem to have an issue with is guns in general.

Go ahead and be honest. You know you will support sweeping gun control when it finally comes to pass... and it will.

Maybe inadequate, but certainly accurate.

While you're at it, maybe you could provide an adequate and accurate description of what you mean when you say, "sweeping gun control".

Because my definition of that is certainly not going to come to pass in my lifetime.

10720 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 3:52 pm

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Woefully inadequate description... not at all "the truth". What y'all seem to have an issue with is guns in general.

While you're at it, maybe you could provide an adequate and accurate description of what you mean when you say, "sweeping gun control".

Because my definition of that is certainly not going to come to pass in my lifetime.

It's not an accurate definition. An ar15 is just a semi-auto... like almost all modern pistols and hunting rifles. In fact... it's actually underpowered for large game hunting... including deer in most states. Gawd y'all are a bunch of pantywaists.

Since the definition y'all have is so skewed by misinformation and hysteria... I say semi-auto will be sweeping control. But we all know crazies, criminals, and terrorists will still commit crimes and worse... and leftist will still blame gun rights.

10820 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 4:03 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

It's not an accurate definition. An ar15 is just a semi-auto... like almost all modern pistols and hunting rifles. In fact... it's actually underpowered for large game hunting... including deer in most states. Gawd y'all are a bunch of pantywaists.

Since the definition y'all have is so skewed by misinformation and hysteria... I say semi-auto will be sweeping control. But we all know crazies, criminals, and terrorists will still commit crimes and worse... and leftist will still blame gun rights.

The Orlando shooter didn't use an AR-15, he used a Sig Sauer MCX, which was developed at the request of U.S. special operations forces, and is touted by the manufacturer as, "an innovative weapon system built around a battle-proven core."

Sounds a lot like an assault weapon.

10920 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 4:05 pm

RealLindaL

Sal's right. "Sweeping gun control" will never happen in our lifetimes, so I don't waste time hoping for it. (I also don't spend time fretting about some imagined jackboots invading my home, so I don't feel the need for guns myself. That's just me.)
I do admit wishing we could once more outlaw military style weapons that have no place in our homes and on our streets.
And I have yet to hear one cogent response to the question of why these continual, repetitive mass shootings only take place on a regular basis in the U.S.A. WHY??? No one wants to allow for any connection between that fact and our gun-obsessed society. WHY NOT????

11020 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/14/2016, 5:20 pm

I don't conceal carry or even have a gun loaded in my home... and I don't own any of those military looking rifles. If I wanted to however... I should be able to. I would cause no one harm unless they were a danger to myself or others.

I'm probably the typical gun owner... among the vast majority. We should have no new restrictions. No rights of yours are infringed upon... therefore you should have no recourse behind the force of govt. That would infringe upon my rights.

Those scary rifles are a tiny percentage of gun crime... pistols are the weapon used in most crimes. The vast majority take place in known high crime areas. The vast majority of both perps and victims are felons... already carrying unlawfully.

Focus now... what would be the best things to focus on to impact this issue most effectively?

11120 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 1:48 am

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Those scary rifles are a tiny percentage of gun crime... pistols are the weapon used in most crimes. The vast majority take place in known high crime areas. The vast majority of both perps and victims are felons... already carrying unlawfully.

Focus now... what would be the best things to focus on to impact this issue most effectively?

Actually, Pkr, if you're addressing me, I need you to please focus on the subject at hand, and try not to wander into the topic of individual murders, whether in high crime areas or elsewhere, which we could all discuss at length sometime but is not what this thread is about.  This is about a mass murder, and the question I raised was why this particular type of frightening event -- which is so very different in so many ways from, say, criminal shootings on the streets of Chicago -- happens with sickening regularity only in this country.

11220 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 5:39 am

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Those scary rifles are a tiny percentage of gun crime... pistols are the weapon used in most crimes. The vast majority take place in known high crime areas. The vast majority of both perps and victims are felons... already carrying unlawfully.

Actually, Pkr, if you're addressing me, I need you to please focus on the subject at hand, and try not to wander into the topic of individual murders, whether in high crime areas or elsewhere, which we could all discuss at length sometime but is not what this thread is about.  This is about a mass murder, and the question I raised was why this particular type of frightening event -- which is so very different in so many ways from, say, criminal shootings on the streets of Chicago -- happens with sickening regularity only in this country.

It doesn't just happen in this country... that's a talkingpoint. See the paris attack
where gun controls are strict.

11320 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 11:36 am

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:It doesn't just happen in this country... that's a talkingpoint. See the paris attack where gun controls are strict.

Not a talking point at all -- reality, to quote Wordslinger. Paris was one. We have many -- and it seems to be accepted that these types of attacks will continue here.   I clearly recall waking last Sunday to a beautiful, peaceful day, and, before turning on the radio, almost reflexively saying to myself:   It's too quiet.  It's been too long since something terrible happened in this country....   Then I turned on the radio -- and BAM.

My question is, why here, with far more frequency than anywhere else?

Please read my lips from the above post and my earlier one on this thread -- the operative phrases are bolded for better ease of understanding my point:

"And I have yet to hear one cogent response to the question of why these continual, repetitive mass shootings only take place on a regular basis in the U.S.A. WHY???"

"...the question I raised was why this particular type of frightening event -- which is so very different in so many ways from, say, criminal shootings on the streets of Chicago -- happens with sickening regularity only in this country."

11420 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 11:48 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/3/9444417/gun-violence-united-states-america

11520 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 11:51 am

dumpcare

Read yesterday (and can't find the link) that the American Medical Association came out in favor of sweeping gun control, they say it's an epidemic.

11620 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 11:53 am

Sal

Sal

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/14/482041613/gun-violence-a-public-health-crisis-says-ama

11720 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 12:02 pm

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It doesn't just happen in this country... that's a talkingpoint. See the paris attack where gun controls are strict.

Not a talking point at all -- reality, to quote Wordslinger. Paris was one. We have many -- and it seems to be accepted that these types of attacks will continue here.   I clearly recall waking last Sunday to a beautiful, peaceful day, and, before turning on the radio, almost reflexively saying to myself:   It's too quiet.  It's been too long since something terrible happened in this country....   Then I turned on the radio -- and BAM.

My question is, why here, with far more frequency than anywhere else?

Please read my lips from the above post and my earlier one on this thread -- the operative phrases are bolded for better ease of understanding my point:

"And I have yet to hear one cogent response to the question of why these continual, repetitive mass shootings only take place on a regular basis in the U.S.A. WHY???"

"...the question I raised was why this particular type of frightening event -- which is so very different in so many ways from, say, criminal shootings on the streets of Chicago -- happens with sickening regularity only in this country."

Google search for terrorist acts mass murder in europe vs usa:

Europe vs. America: Comparing the terrorism threat | Brookings ... www.brookings.edu › posts › 2016/04 Mobile-friendly - Apr 5, 2016 - On balance, the United States is likely to remain safer than its European counterparts, if only because ...

Homegrown terror threat higher in Europe than U.S., academics ... CBS News › news › homegrown-terror-t... Mobile-friendly - Jan 15, 2015 - Europeans face a greater threat from homegrown terror than Americans because they are physically ...

These 5 Facts Explain Why Europe Is Ground Zero for Terrorism | TIME Time Magazine › brussels-attacks-islamist... Mobile-friendly - Mar 22, 2016 - Tuesday's bombings in Brussels mark the third large-scale terrorist attack in Europe in the past 15 ...

Why more terror attacks are inevitable in Europe (Opinion) -CNN.com CNN.com › europe-terrorism-threat-sexton Mobile-friendly - Mar 23, 2016 - The next major terrorist attack on European soil is a question of when, not if, writes Buck Sexton. ... How big is U.S. terror threat? ..... @Softship State sponsored versus a lone nut.

Why Have Terrorist Attacks Been So Much Deadlier In Europe Than ... International Business Times › why-have... Mobile-friendly - Feb 23, 2015 - Since 9/11, 65 people have died in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. For Europe, the death toll is in the ...

Experts: Tourists avoiding Europe after terror attacks - USA Today USA Today › business › 2016/03/25 › e... Mobile-friendly - Mar 29, 2016 - Experts: Even before the Brussels terror attacks, Americans were shying away from Europe.

11820 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 12:37 pm

RealLindaL

Pkr, I hope those stats are limited to mass shootings, which is all I'm talking about: shootings. But I'm betting that many of those stats you briefly mention are instead the result of, or include, bombings. That's another animal entirely. (Even here, the Oklahoma City bombing resulted in far more deaths than Orlando.)

While bombings are awful and can't be ignored, my focus is on the frequency of mass shootings, and from what I understand it doesn't exist at the same rate in any other nation.

11920 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 4:40 pm

2seaoat

Pantywaist......really.......when you cannot even have discussions about methods of qualifying that sane people can purchase weapons, then please do not call me a pantywaist because Congress has not had committee meetings to drill down on common sense protections. When the FBI database, the no fly database, and the three day investigatory wait period are not being coordinated, you would think that people in Congress representing Americans would have committee meetings to find out how this can be improved, but when a special interest industry can pour campaign contributions into Congress and threaten candidates who run and question the unfettered sale of dangerous weapons without common sense control.....I think Pantywaist might be better applied to the shills for gun merchants. have I got a deal for you PK..........

12020 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 4:51 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Salinsky wrote:

The Orlando shooter didn't use an AR-15, he used a Sig Sauer MCX, which was developed at the request of U.S. special operations forces, and is touted by the manufacturer as, "an innovative weapon system built around a battle-proven core."

Sounds a lot like an assault weapon.

But, it is not.

12120 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 5:12 pm

2seaoat wrote:Pantywaist......really.......when you cannot even have discussions about methods of qualifying that sane people can purchase weapons, then please do not call me a pantywaist because Congress has not had committee meetings to drill down on common sense protections. When the FBI database, the no fly database, and the three day investigatory wait period are not being coordinated, you would think that people in Congress representing Americans would have committee meetings to find out how this can be improved, but when a special interest industry can pour campaign contributions into Congress and threaten candidates who run and question the unfettered sale of dangerous weapons without common sense control.....I think Pantywaist might be better applied to the shills for gun merchants. have I got a deal for you PK..........

Then take it to a judge. Take this latest incident... the ex-wife called him unstable... his co-workers called him a nutcase... the fbi contacted him three times. How tough would it be to legally determine him a risk? He could appeal... if he wanted. There has to be due process. Don't be a shill for authoritarian rule... and stop wetting your pants when crazies, criminals, and terrorists cause chaos. Common sense, competence, and diligence can work... and should've in this instance... and others. The govt already has the tools it needs if it works smartly... restricting law abiding citizens is no solution.

12220 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 5:26 pm

Sal

Sal

Law abiding citizens have no legitimate need for a killing machine capable of mowing down over a hundred people in less than five minutes.

12320 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 8:05 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:Law abiding citizens have no legitimate need for a killing machine capable of mowing down over a hundred people in less than five minutes.

I agree. Do we need to remind everyone who allowed the Federal 1994 Assault Weapons ban to sunset in 2004?

Maybe a more liberal government under President Hillary Rodham Clinton will try to redress this issue again, like her husband did, and the more liberal Supreme Court she will appoint won't try to disassemble the new law.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

12420 Killed in Orlando nightclub - Page 5 Empty Re: 20 Killed in Orlando nightclub 6/15/2016, 9:18 pm

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Law abiding citizens have no legitimate need for a killing machine capable of mowing down over a hundred people in less than five minutes.

I agree. Do we need to remind everyone who allowed the Federal 1994 Assault Weapons ban to sunset in 2004?

Maybe a more liberal government under President Hillary Rodham Clinton will try to redress this issue again, like her husband did, and the more liberal Supreme Court she will appoint won't try to disassemble the new law.

From your lips, etc....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum