Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spending my Holiday weekend working google ads

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

One business we still own has its peak season between Memorial day and the Fourth of July. I spend most of the next three days manipulating google and bing ad word campaigns to maximize customers while changing key words and budget amounts as competitors bid for the same space on a search on a key word. Well it has really got cut throat this year as our average bid went from .25 a click to a dollar . We have found that for every dollar we invest we get four back in sales. Well, some of our competitors were not very tech savy and we enjoyed little competition on search pages and a 1000% growth in the business almost exclusively because of our targeted market, but know I am having to work very hard as you can still win the bidding on keywords in certain markets......but you have to monitor your budget and the clicks......it used to be a no brainer at a quarter....but at a buck a click.....the game is changing and I sadly expect a disappointing sales forecast the next two months......we will see, but the world has changed so much from when we ran TV spots, radio, and newspaper ads which simply did not bring in the business of google and bing ad words.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:One business we still own has its peak season between Memorial day and the Fourth of July.  I spend most of the next three days manipulating google and bing ad word campaigns to maximize customers while changing key words and budget amounts as competitors bid for the same space on a search on a key word.   Well it has really got cut throat this year as our average bid went from .25 a click to a dollar .  We have found that for every dollar we invest we get four back in sales.  Well, some of our competitors were not very tech savy and we enjoyed little competition on search pages and a 1000% growth in the business almost exclusively because of our targeted market, but know I am having to work very hard as you can still win the bidding on keywords in certain markets......but you have to monitor your budget and the clicks......it used to be a no brainer at a quarter....but at a buck a click.....the game is changing and I sadly expect a disappointing sales forecast the next two months......we will see, but the world has changed so much from when we ran TV spots, radio, and newspaper ads which simply did not bring in the business of google and bing ad words.

Cerebral work.....much better for you.

2seaoat

I think I am almost done with physical work.....I have been in my chair all day irritating Bob and Boards......and realizing my competitors are kicking my asz on bids on keywords.... I am afraid it will not be a good year for the Seaoat clan. I did some weed whacking yesterday, but my wife refused to refuel me as she saw how bad my hands were shaking......but I will try to take some pictures because we have been cleaning up the islands for a big 40th party as the RSVPs indicate they know why we are throwing the party......need to go out and get another canopy in case it rains, because the river house is so downsized we will never be able to fit everybody in if the weather turns bad. Next week should be fun as my best man who is the son of the police officer who was killed in the line of duty is going to travel to make the party, and people I have not seen in years are coming. I guess it is not many who get to attend their own funeral.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I tried to read all the comments by Boards...whew! He gave me a headache with his redundancy.

2seaoat

He normally is rational when talking about subjects, but his fandom daze clouds his judgment and he talks chit. I do the same thing with the Bulls, Bears, Sox, and Blackhawks.......that is what fans do......but objective analysis of the NBA....he is only fooling himself.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The rants about James are getting old, just like James.

2seaoat

Well the competitors have kicked our asz with their infusion of capital into ads on our keywords........We have half the customers of last year at this time, and if I raise the bid, they raise the bid.....they have deeper pockets and we simply cannot make sense or profit at their bid levels which are taking our ads off the first page of a search and we are lucky to get second page position. It was a lot easier over the years with folks not knowing about google ads and bing ads.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:I tried to read all the comments by Boards...whew! He gave me a headache with his redundancy.

Being the mean girl sidekick in a mean girl pile on isn't the same rush as being the Queen of Mean, is it Maroni?

What a fuckup you are. Make your point poindexter.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Poindexter....I like that.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:What a fuckup you are. Make your point poindexter.

So catty!

Hahahahaha ...

2seaoat

I would buy shares in google as they keep raising their prices as folks realize how effective a google ad word campaign can be. However, what used to cost a quarter a click two years ago is now up over a dollar, and this is a direct result of more competitors fighting in the auction process for first page search positioning. Revenues are down as our clicks are down, but the four to one return on your ad dollar changes when the cost increases almost five fold. Tough marketplace, and sadly we have got our asz kicked this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum