Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Google and genetic testing? FDA orders google to stop

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Food and Drug Administration has ordered Google-backed genetic test maker 23andMe to halt sales of its personalized DNA test kits, saying the company has failed to show that the technology is supported by science.

In a warning letter posted online Monday, FDA regulators say that the Silicon Valley company has not shown that its tests are safe or effective despite "more than 14 face-to-face and teleconference meetings" and "hundreds of email exchanges." The agency orders 23andMe to stop marketing its test immediately, warning that erroneous results could cause customers to seek unnecessary or ineffective medical care.

23andMe's saliva-based test kit, launched more than 5 years ago, claims to tell customers if they are at risk for more than 250 diseases and health conditions. The FDA says only medical tests that have been cleared by the government are permitted to make such claims.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/fda-tells-23andme-halt-sales-genetic-test-21004582

Now I don't know about yall, but the fact that google is involved in collecting DNA for whatever reason they were claiming me, bothers me. Why would google do this? I don't trust these people they have not exactly been proven to keep your private stuff private.

What's it called then the govt is in collusion with the corps?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum