Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone else using Google Chrome and Google Apps like Pandora and Crackle

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

I've been using Chrome to surf the net for a few years but never really bothered with their apps, until yesterday.

Pandora's pretty cool. Listen to commercial free music from artists you know and like. Free.

Crackle lets you watch full length movies and TV shows. I haven't tried the movies yet, but the Ironman TV cartoons I've been watching are commercial free. Crackle is free too.

There are all sorts of free games too. I've been playing Bejeweled.

Check it out.

Good info. I use them also but I like Spotify for my Music. I had a friend who was a Bejeweled addict. I listen to this Station a lot. Very different but good. http://hober.com/

VectorMan wrote:Pandora's pretty cool.

Crackle lets you watch full length movies and TV shows.

I think Pandora and Sony's Crackle are available on most browsers, Vector. (I don't know much about Crackle.) Hulu was cool when it first started, but have limited their content. My iPad can only play Hulu+, which is a subscription service. I'll have to check out Crackle.

I think I'll stay with Firefox... as long as it does what I want it to do.

I noticed on Pandora that they tend to play obscure songs by the artists you select. I wonder if they have to pay extra for the premium songs.

Does anybody have a preference for a particular free streaming music service? Here's a list
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/94765/top-10-free-music-streaming-services/

One vote for Spotify...

VectorMan

VectorMan

Yomama wrote:

I think Pandora and Sony's Crackle are available on most browsers, Vector. (I don't know much about Crackle.) Hulu was cool when it first started, but have limited their content. My iPad can only play Hulu+, which is a subscription service. I'll have to check out Crackle.

I noticed on Pandora that they tend to play obscure songs by the artists you select. I wonder if they have to pay extra for the premium songs.

Does anybody have a preference for a particular free streaming music service? Here's a list

One vote for Spotify...

I typed in Duran Duran and I liked everything they were playing, even the other artists. Of course it was all from the 80's. Which I like. That was pretty much my hey day and they bring back memories.

I like FireFox too. But, for some reason it won't work on my PC, while IE and Chrome work fine. FireFox does work on my Mac though.

VectorMan wrote:I typed in Duran Duran and I liked everything they were playing, even the other artists. Of course it was all from the 80's. Which I like. That was pretty much my hey day and they bring back memories.

I formed my opinion about it playing obscure songs from my experience with Pandora playing Jimmy Buffett songs. After listening to the "Margaritaville" XM station, I have determined that Jimmy has sung just about every song ever made... (I have 103 songs in my MP3 directory that match "Buffett")

When I listened to Pandora, I noticed that they hardly ever played the original of a hit Buffett song, and maybe played a live version instead. I suspect that there's a financial reason for doing that.

Maybe it's just a Buffett thing, I dunno.

Yomama wrote:

One vote for Spotify...

I am partial to iHeart Radio for my music. I open it with a new tab and listen while I am doing other stuff on the net.

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

Yo, did you notice that Chrome is now available for iPad?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum