Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

burger king closes in Navarre because of fire

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

a couple of days ago I was doing an early Lowes run when I was heading back from Gulf Breeze to Navarre. Fire engines around Midway were coming toward Navarre. As I got to the bridge, I thought Burger king was really busy because there was a lot of those char broiled burgers happening.....nope....there was a real fire. Well they have it yellow taped since the fire and I made one observation. The fire engines were coming all the way from the Midway area.....it took about five minutes for me following the fire engines when I saw them, so it probably was close to ten minutes to make the journey. Out on Navarre beach is a fire station.....I thought Navarre had its own fire department, but until those fire trucks got there.....I saw NO response from the island.....what a bone headed allocation of assets. Putting a fire department on a barrier island, and having the same two minutes from a fire site....no response....yet a town up the road ten minutes away covers the fire.....I may only have saw an exception, and Midway could have been providing mutual aid, but my houses in Navarre would burn down waiting that long for a fire truck.....F'd up.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:a couple of days ago I was doing an early Lowes run when I was heading back from Gulf Breeze to Navarre.  Fire engines around Midway were coming toward Navarre.  As I got to the bridge, I thought Burger king was really busy because there was a lot of those char broiled burgers happening.....nope....there was a real fire.  Well they have it yellow taped since the fire and I made one observation.   The fire engines were coming all the way from the Midway area.....it took about five minutes for me following the fire engines when I saw them, so it probably was close to ten minutes to make the journey.   Out on Navarre beach is a fire station.....I thought Navarre had its own fire department, but until those fire trucks got there.....I saw NO response from the island.....what a bone headed allocation of assets.   Putting a fire department on a barrier island, and having the same two minutes from a fire site....no response....yet a town up the road ten minutes away covers the fire.....I may only have saw an exception, and Midway could have been providing mutual aid, but my houses in Navarre would burn down waiting that long for a fire truck.....F'd up.

It was a 4 alarm fire. Navarre FD was on scene furst.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum