Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump's Non-Interventionalist Foreign Policy

+4
Floridatexan
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-reveals-foreign-policy-team-in-meeting-with-the-washington-post/

I have to admit... I kinda like this.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cheers

2seaoat

America does not have to be isolationist by decoupling some of the post WWII engagements and commitments. We should be slowly getting out of Korea, and Germany. It has been almost seventy years, and the assumptions and models have changed. It will take some strategic planning, and should not be helter skelter withdrawal, but nonetheless withdrawal.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I support Trump 100% with this.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He's lying.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Yes, and he says he is not going to kiss Israel's ass at every turn when it comes to Middle Eastern policy. I do like this as well.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

It's not HIS plan. He had a group game it and then write it for him. So...another orator...not even a great orator.

Not voting for this charlatan.

Sooo... you're saying he won't win the nobel peace prize for these campaign promises? Now results will matter?

gatorfan

SheWrites wrote:It's not HIS plan.  He had a group game it and then write it for him.  So...another orator...not even a great orator.

And just how is that different from any other politician??????

Amazing......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

gatorfan wrote:
SheWrites wrote:It's not HIS plan.  He had a group game it and then write it for him.  So...another orator...not even a great orator.

And just how is that different from any other politician??????

Amazing......

Exactly. Look at Obama's advisors.

polecat

polecat

Donald Trump: "My foreign policy team is great! Every one of them has a degree in foreign affairs from Trump University."- Tea Party Cat

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I guess you think Valarie Jarret is a better choice.

Joanimaroni wrote:I guess you think Valarie Jarret is a better choice.

Or sunstein, rhodes, hillary, power, ross, danzig... etc. Ideologues... each and every one.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:America does not have to be isolationist by decoupling some of the post WWII engagements and commitments.  We should be slowly getting out of Korea, and Germany.  It has been almost seventy years, and the assumptions and models have changed.   It will take some strategic planning, and should not be helter skelter withdrawal, but nonetheless withdrawal.

I'm sure North Korea, Russia, Iran and a number of othr nations strongly support your reckless thoughts.

We have had peace in Western Europe and South Korea because of the US presence. That has saved thousands if not millions of lives.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

We have had peace in Western Europe and South Korea because of the US presence.  That has saved thousands if not millions of lives.

If our government had left Saddam in power,  there would be no ISIS.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

We have had peace in Western Europe and South Korea because of the US presence.  That has saved thousands if not millions of lives.

And there would be peace throughout the middle east.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/21/politics/donald-trump-foreign-policy-team/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

And there would be peace throughout the middle east.

There hasn't been peace in the Middle East since Mohammed died 1400 years ago in 632 AD.   And there will likely never be peace in the middle east.

But our government's meddling over there for the past 60 years has done nothing except make matters worse.  For them and for us.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:If our government had left Saddam in power,  there would be no ISIS.

Now you are going to give poster Markle a fit by saying that.

The world would be a better place if Dumbya had left well enough alone. We had SH contained with those no-fly zones, which were a lot cheaper to run than a full-scale invasion.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

If Lame Duck President Obama had left 20,000 or more troops in Iraq, there would be no ISIS.

Removing Saddam from power was approved by the vast majority of our legislators, along with even the United Nations who had imposed hundreds of Security Council resolutions and sanctions.

So invading Iraq was a mutual decision based on the best information available at the time and, as such, is off the table.

Last edited by Markle on 3/22/2016, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:So NOT invading Iraq was a mutual decision based on the best information available at the time and, as such, is off the table.  

Trump's  Non-Interventionalist Foreign Policy Nose-p10

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:So NOT invading Iraq was a mutual decision based on the best information available at the time and, as such, is off the table.  

Trump's  Non-Interventionalist Foreign Policy Nose-p10

Thanks for the great catch. I shouldn't try doing three things at a time.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Doesn't matter about markle's misspeaking.
Just like Vietnam,  we can't take it back nor bring back all those thousands of American lives.  That's all water under the bridge now.

But I hope someday our government will take heed of George Santayana's profound quotation because it is one of the wisest things ever written.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Doesn't matter about markle's misspeaking.
Just like Vietnam,  we can't take it back nor bring back all those thousands of American lives.  That's all water under the bridge now.

But I hope someday our government will take heed of George Santayana's profound quotation because it is one of the wisest things ever written.

This one?
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
[info][add][mail][note]George Santayana, The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905
- More quotations on: [The Past]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's the one,  markle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum