Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

And yet more unrelenting Trump lies

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

RealLindaL

Anyone who watched Trump's "press conference" last night and believed one word of what he said in response to Mitt Romney about the survival of his product lines, needs to read the following.  It is absolutely mind-boggling how he continues to call his opponents liars.  Are you kidding me??  This is the KING of lies, falsehoods, prevarication, half truths, and whatever else you want to call his BS.

And before y'all get down on me for listening to The Washington Post on this stuff, be advised that I first heard it all on Glenn Beck's show this morning.

You may want to read some of the comments as well, such as about the supposed profitable sale of his airline, though I can't vouch for their validity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/trump-displays-steak-water-wine-to-defend-business-record/2016/03/09/fb1a3d20-e5d3-11e5-a9ce-681055c7a05f_story.html

Are you able to apply this same standard to hillary?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/03/09/fact-checking-the-hillary-clinton-email-controversy/

A short list Hillary lies:

Chelsea Clinton was jogging around the World Trade Center on 9/11.

She landed under sniper fire in Bosnia.

She was named after Sir Edmond Hillary.

Her family was dead broke upon leaving the white house.

She claimed to have been instrumental in the Northern Ireland peace process.

Benghazi was a protest because of a youtube... it was a disgusting video!

She learned in The Wall Street Journal how to make a killing in the futures market.

She didn't know about the FALN pardons.

She didn't know that her brothers were being paid to get pardons that Clinton granted.

Taking the White House gifts was a clerical error.

She didn't know that her staff would fire the travel office staff after she told them to do so.

She didn't know that the Peter Paul fundraiser in Hollywood in 2000 cost $700,000 more than she reported it had.

She opposed NAFTA at the time.

She was instrumental in the Irish peace process.

She urged Bill to intervene in Rwanda.

She played a role in the '90s economic recovery.

The billing records showed up on their own.

She thought Bill was innocent when the Monica scandal broke.
She was always a Yankees fan.

She had nothing to do with the New Square Hasidic pardons.

She negotiated for the release of refugees in Macedonia.

RealLindaL

I've seen your list of supposed Hillary lies before, Pkr, but thanks for reposting; it reminds me to tell you that, believe it or not -- and although I haven't personally verified each and every one of your claims here -- I have never particularly been a Hillary fan, and, as is apparently the case with many Independents (and Democrats), find her less than 100% trustworthy.   The "landing in Bosnia under sniper fire" was one of the worst and that shook me about her for a very long time.  It still does.   I suppose there's an outside possibility that she literally dreamed that (happens) and thought it was true,  but if that's so, it certainly doesn't add to any feeling of solidity and sanity there.  One doesn't forget whether or not bullets were truly flying.

For once in my life I'm pretty much in concert with what a local conservative talk radio host said yesterday (paraphrasing):   In a country of 319 million people, how did we end up with these six losers as candidates??

So the bottom line for me is who is the least of the evils.  

I can't vote for Mario because he has never impressed me one bit, and doesn't care enough to show up for work, and can't handle his own finances, and is possibly an unprincipled opportunist so I don't really know what he thinks about anything.

I can't vote for Kasich, even if he had a chance to win (he doesn't), because he just plain gives me the willies.  That one I can't fully explain.  I also think he flip-flops too easily.  But the willies (call it my instinct) are enough for me.

I can't vote for Cruz because he would take all our significant social progress back into the dark ages, and because he sounds and acts like a TV evangelist.  That's the LAST thing we need, and scares me almost worse than Trump.

I can't vote for Bernie because he's so dedicated to toppling the economic and governmental establishment of this country that he would only manage to create chaos.  Too much, too soon, too single minded -- and nowhere near the international awareness he needs.  He's also counting on a revolution that isn't going to happen.  

So that brings me down to Hillary or Trump.  

I could never, ever, in a million, trillion years vote for Donald Trump, who is not only a consummate liar to the extent that I cannot believe one single word that comes out of  his mouth -- I mean a CONSTANT, apparently pathological liar on things both big and small -- but is also pandering to interests that he probably doesn't even believe in (including, for example, the evangelicals), for the SOLE purpose, the SOLE end, of WINNING.  That's all it's about for  him and his monstrous ego -- WIN AT ANY COST and heaven help us when it comes to that attitude and his true intentions in office, and when it comes to international relations.  Terrifying.  Not only that, but personally I find the man an ignoramus in so many ways.  And I could go on.

So that leaves Hillary.   Do I think she will be a great president?  I doubt it, but at least it's a possibility. Do I think she has a much more informed and measured view of international relations than Trump, and is therefore a much less dangerous person to have her hand on the red phone?  Hell yes.   Do I think she genuinely cares about the downtrodden and underprivileged among us --actually yes, I do, whereas Donald only cares about them if they'll vote for him, and only for that long.  (Polls show his followers are more likely to be poorly educated -- and thus, I say, more easily duped.)  Do I believe she has at least some small chance of bringing the country back together, of uniting people?  Yes, though it's a small chance indeed, given the hatred and divisiveness that have been sown by the Obama haters since  before he even took office.  Trump, on the other hand, says he's a uniter while at the same time he denigrates entire groups with a broad brush.   (Of course he's toned that down now some, because, remember, it's all about WINNING.)  

Trump said last night in his "press conference" that he "can be presidential if I want to."  He can likely  be ANYTHING "if he wants to." But what IS he, who IS he, really, and who will he change into when he attains the power of the Oval Office?  

I have a much better handle on who Hillary is and, while she's far from perfect, and while I wish we had a truly great candidate to choose from, we don't.  We simply don't.   So will we put ourselves out to sea with a chameleon-like egotist who says whatever he needs to in the moment, or will we elect the known entity who will at least help prevent us from slipping backwards into bigotry, charlatanism and small-mindedness?

I have to go.  Sorry to have written a book.  As Markle says, it's probably a waste of time as I'm not going to change anyone's mind.  Y'all go ahead and have at me; I'm probably not going to respond because it's useless.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 3/10/2016, 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

No need to apologize... I appreciate your response. I won't vote for trump either... but hillary is easily as bad a choice.

We won't get better choices rationalizing a vote for bad choices.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:We won't get better choices rationalizing a vote for bad choices.

My point is, there ARE no really good choices in this election, IMHO  I have selected someone (the only one) I think has a chance of being a good president.  If I didn't go through that exercise and settle on the best choice (for me), I'd just have to stay home on election day and let the chips fall where they may, and that's certainly no way to "get better choices" either.  You call it rationalizing; I call it making as informed a judgment as I possibly can.

And I said I wasn't going to respond.  Ha.

Markle

Markle

Donald Trump is not my first choice for president but I will vote for him in a heartbeat if he is the Republican nominee.

Nothing Hillary Clinton has done, since her career in public life, justifies her as a Presidential candidate. Nothing.

She topped it all off with the Syria fiasco, Benghazi and her unsecured private server.

The only possible reason for setting up the private server is to illegally avoid oversight by the federal government.

She and her cabal have picked and chosen which emails to allow the government to see SAYING the others were private. Says who? Of the emails, she turned over, more than 1,000 were confidential all the way up to above top secret. Imagine how many more are in the batch she keeps hidden.

NO ONE trusts her. The first word that came to mind for those polled was...LIAR.

She has repeatedly proven that she cannot be trusted with government secrets. How can she be trusted to run the country in the BEST INTEREST OF THE CITIZENS and not of she and her cabal?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

What Linda wrote..... Nice job, Linda!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I see poster Markle is still wrapped around the axle over Mrs. Clinton's emails.....

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I see poster Markle is still wrapped around the axle over Mrs. Clinton's emails.....

Did you hear that over 100 of the emails being withheld she initiated herself? The official in charge of the dos.

So did she deliberately choose to circumvent the rules, regulations, and laws that are supposed to protect our access to OUR public records? Or was she just so grossly incompetent as to be unaware of the responsibilities of the office and trust?

Pretty simple really... one or the other.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I see poster Markle is still wrapped around the axle over Mrs. Clinton's emails.....

As is the FBI who is investigating criminal wrongdoing by Hillary Clinton and her Cabal. The case is already being heard today, by a grand jury.

Obviously, I am not the only one.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:I've seen your list of supposed Hillary lies before, Pkr, but thanks for reposting; it reminds me to tell you that, believe it or not -- and although I haven't personally verified each and every one of your claims here -- I have never particularly been a Hillary fan, and, as is apparently the case with many Independents (and Democrats), find her less than 100% trustworthy.   The "landing in Bosnia under sniper fire" was one of the worst and that shook me about her for a very long time.  It still does.   I suppose there's an outside possibility that she literally dreamed that (happens) and thought it was true,  but if that's so, it certainly doesn't add to any feeling of solidity and sanity there.  One doesn't forget whether or not bullets were truly flying.

For once in my life I'm pretty much in concert with what a local conservative talk radio host said yesterday (paraphrasing):   In a country of 319 million people, how did we end up with these six losers as candidates??

So the bottom line for me is who is the least of the evils.  

I can't vote for Mario because he has never impressed me one bit, and doesn't care enough to show up for work, and can't handle his own finances, and is possibly an unprincipled opportunist so I don't really know what he thinks about anything.

I can't vote for Kasich, even if he had a chance to win (he doesn't), because he just plain gives me the willies.  That one I can't fully explain.  I also think he flip-flops too easily.  But the willies (call it my instinct) are enough for me.

I can't vote for Kruz because he would take all our significant social progress back into the dark ages, and because he sounds and acts like a TV evangelist.  That's the LAST thing we need, and scares me almost worse than Trump.

I can't vote for Bernie because he's so dedicated to toppling the economic and governmental establishment of this country that he would only manage to create chaos.  Too much, too soon, too single minded -- and nowhere near the international awareness he needs.  He's also counting on a revolution that isn't going to happen.  

So that brings me down to Hillary or Trump.  

I could never, ever, in a million, trillion years vote for Donald Trump, who is not only a consummate liar to the extent that I cannot believe one single word that comes out of  his mouth -- I mean a CONSTANT, apparently pathological liar on things both big and small -- but is also pandering to interests that he probably doesn't even believe in (including, for example, the evangelicals), for the SOLE purpose, the SOLE end, of WINNING.  That's all it's about for  him and his monstrous ego -- WIN AT ANY COST and heaven help us when it comes to that attitude and his true intentions in office, and when it comes to international relations.  Terrifying.  Not only that, but personally I find the man an ignoramus in so many ways.  And I could go on.

So that leaves Hillary.   Do I think she will be a great president?  I doubt it, but at least it's a possibility. Do I think she has a much more informed and measured view of international relations than Trump, and is therefore a much less dangerous person to have her hand on the red phone?  Hell yes.   Do I think she genuinely cares about the downtrodden and underprivileged among us --actually yes, I do, whereas Donald only cares about them if they'll vote for him, and only for that long.  (Polls show his followers are more likely to be poorly educated -- and thus, I say, more easily duped.)  Do I believe she has at least some small chance of bringing the country back together, of uniting people?  Yes, though it's a small chance indeed, given the hatred and divisiveness that have been sown by the Obama haters since  before he even took office.  Trump, on the other hand, says he's a uniter while at the same time he denigrates entire groups with a broad brush.   (Of course he's toned that down now some, because, remember, it's all about WINNING.)  

Trump said last night in his "press conference" that he "can be presidential if I want to."  He can likely  be ANYTHING "if he wants to." But what IS he, who IS he, really, and who will he change into when he attains the power of the Oval Office?  

I have a much better handle on who Hillary is and, while she's far from perfect, and while I wish we had a truly great candidate to choose from, we don't.  We simply don't.   So will we put ourselves out to sea with a chameleon-like egotist who says whatever he needs to in the moment, or will we elect the known entity who will at least help prevent us from slipping backwards into bigotry, charlatanism and small-mindedness?

I have to go.  Sorry to have written a book.  As Markle says, it's probably a waste of time as I'm not going to change anyone's mind.  Y'all go ahead and have at me; I'm probably not going to respond because it's useless.

Well done Linda . . . . . I listen to pkr's comments and understand the difficulty he (and many others) have with HRC . . . . . America is truly between a rock and a hard place this election cycle but I come down for HRC without apology or hesitation . . . . . if you think Benghazi or the Syrian conflagration is horrific please consider what Donald Trump could do given the enormous power as CIC . . . . . I won't beat a dead horse because Linda stated it very effectively . . . . . this man CANNOT be the President because of so many verifiable reasons . . . . principally because he is unqualified at every level! Thanks for stating the obvious Linda. . .

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:I've seen your list of supposed Hillary lies before, Pkr, but thanks for reposting; it reminds me to tell you that, believe it or not -- and although I haven't personally verified each and every one of your claims here -- I have never particularly been a Hillary fan, and, as is apparently the case with many Independents (and Democrats), find her less than 100% trustworthy.

[...]

I have to go. Sorry to have written a book. As Markle says, it's probably a waste of time as I'm not going to change anyone's mind. Y'all go ahead and have at me; I'm probably not going to respond because it's useless.

Well done Linda . . . . . I listen to pkr's comments and understand the difficulty he (and many others) have with HRC . . . . . America is truly between a rock and a hard place this election cycle but I come down for HRC without apology or hesitation . . . . . if you think Benghazi or the Syrian conflagration is horrific please consider what Donald Trump could do given the enormous power as CIC . . . . . I won't beat a dead horse because Linda stated it very effectively . . . . . this man CANNOT be the President because of so many verifiable reasons . . . . principally because he is unqualified at every level! Thanks for stating the obvious Linda. . .

What are the "verifiable" reasons?

NONE can be more than those of Hillary Clinton who was in a position to negatively affect MILLIONS OF LIVES. Which she has done.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:I've seen your list of supposed Hillary lies before, Pkr, but thanks for reposting; it reminds me to tell you that, believe it or not -- and although I haven't personally verified each and every one of your claims here -- I have never particularly been a Hillary fan, and, as is apparently the case with many Independents (and Democrats), find her less than 100% trustworthy.

[...]

NONE can be more than those of Hillary Clinton who was in a position to negatively affect MILLIONS OF LIVES.  Which she has done.

Awwww Markle, surely you jest . . . . . . . he is flawless right?

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:

[...]

NONE can be more than those of Hillary Clinton who was in a position to negatively affect MILLIONS OF LIVES.  Which she has done.

Where did I say he was flawless?

Sorry, I interrupted you, you were going to list the "verifiable" reasons Donald Trump is unqualified at every level. Or have you backed away from that statement?

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I interrupted you, you were going to list the "verifiable" reasons Donald Trump is unqualified at every level.  Or have you backed away from that statement?

My first thing would his lack of political experience would rank at the top of my list and he just has no comprehension/understanding of politics. His experience with foreign policy is conspicuously absent in the complexities of international relations/politics. He has never held public office and running the US government is different from running a private business. Otherwise his persona and gravitas are not compatible with those same complexities. In general, and in my opinion, Donald Trump just does not possess the political acumen to represent our nation either domestically or internationally.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:

[...]

Sorry, I interrupted you, you were going to list the "verifiable" reasons Donald Trump is unqualified at every level.  Or have you backed away from that statement?

My first thing would his lack of political experience would rank at the top of my list and he just has no comprehension/understanding of politics. His experience with foreign policy is conspicuously absent in the complexities of international relations/politics.  He has never held public office and running the US government is different from running a private business.  Otherwise his persona and gravitas are not compatible with those same complexities. In general, and in my opinion, Donald Trump just does not possess the political acumen to represent our nation either domestically or internationally.  

Why are none of those things relevant with your love for Lame Duck President Obama?

Running a "private business" is me running several real estate companies. Running an international conglomerate worth billions, if not trillions of dollars are worlds apart.

Building multi-million dollar structures around the world requires incomparable talents at negotiating and working with both private enterprises and governments also, around the world.

His accomplishments also dictate an uncanny ability to surround yourself with highly intelligent and talented people in the areas of expertise in the specific areas you need. All of his accomplishments are light years beyond running an ACORN meeting.

What Donald Trump has proven during this campaign is that while he is quick to change his ideas on something when he is shown, by his advisors that he is wrong. THOSE are attributes of a great leader!

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:

[...]

My first thing would his lack of political experience would rank at the top of my list and he just has no comprehension/understanding of politics. His experience with foreign policy is conspicuously absent in the complexities of international relations/politics.  He has never held public office and running the US government is different from running a private business.  Otherwise his persona and gravitas are not compatible with those same complexities. In general, and in my opinion, Donald Trump just does not possess the political acumen to represent our nation either domestically or internationally.  

Why are none of those things relevant with your love for Lame Duck President Obama?

Running a "private business" is me running several real estate companies.  Running an international conglomerate worth billions, if not trillions of dollars are worlds apart.

Building multi-million dollar structures around the world requires incomparable talents at negotiating and working with both private enterprises and governments also, around the world.

His accomplishments also dictate an uncanny ability to surround yourself with highly intelligent and talented people in the areas of expertise in the specific areas you need.   All of his accomplishments are light years beyond running an ACORN meeting.

What Donald Trump has proven during this campaign is that while he is quick to change his ideas on something when he is shown, by his advisors that he is wrong.  THOSE are attributes of a great leader!

I disagree with every word but please cast your vote accordingly . . . .

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:

What is actually not true?

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:

Can read huh? Every word . . . . .

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:

Can read huh? Every word . . . . .

Yes, I can read, sometimes a bit too fast and I skip a detail unless what I'm reading is very important. Like a contract or the like.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:Of the emails, she turned over, more than 1,000 were confidential all the way up to above top secret.

This completely (and conveniently) ignores the fact that these emails were not thus classified until AFTER the fact -- same as was recently done to emails by others before her (including a couple of Republicans) who, as I understand it, also maintained private servers.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 3/10/2016, 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:What Linda wrote..... Nice job, Linda!

Meant to thank you earlier, Z-man. Appreciated.

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:Well done Linda . . . . . I listen to pkr's comments and understand the difficulty he (and many others) have with HRC . . . . . America is truly between a rock and a hard place this election cycle but I come down for HRC without apology or hesitation . . . . . if you think Benghazi or the Syrian conflagration is horrific please consider what Donald Trump could do given the enormous power as CIC . . . . . I won't beat a dead horse because Linda stated it very effectively . . . . . this man CANNOT be the President because of so many verifiable reasons . . . . principally because he is unqualified at every level! Thanks for stating the obvious Linda. . .

You too, knot -- thanks.   Glad to know there's support and agreement  here.

And if for NO OTHER REASON, Trump is unqualified by virtue of his atrocious coarseness -- the kind of coarseness that, just as one recent example (and yes, I know it's already been cited, but it's just so horrible), clearly implied he could've gotten Romney to "drop to his knees" and give Trump a blow job had he asked for it, back when Romney was supposedly seeking Trump's endorsement in his own run for the presidency.  This on national TV.

So besides the absolutely abhorrent example his coarseness sets for our children and grandchildren, there's the world stage, where he would likely embarrass our nation all to heck (he already does) and be derided as a clown.  This is aside from the fact that he admittedly strikes back hard whenever he perceives he's been attacked.  Hair trigger!  What a wonderful quality in a commander in chief!  OMG.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

....there's the world stage, where he would likely embarrass our nation all to heck (he already does) and be derided as a clown....

Yes, we don't need another clown sitting in the Oval Office.... George W. Bush was enough of a clown to last us for generations....

And yet more unrelenting Trump lies EmptyWarHead

I've never seen as bad a negotiator in such an important position as obama. In business he wouldn't have lasted 7 years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum