Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tonight's Republican Debate Was More Bizarre Than The Last One...

+2
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My 82 yo MIL was over watching it with us tonight. She is an ardent Republican who usually votes on single-issues (like many evangelicals do). She was shocked by the behavior she saw on the debate stage. She is writing-in her dog's name on her ballot in November.

Yes, these debates are really selling the American people on the GOP's brand..... (Not!!!!) LOL!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I hope her dog is name Kasich. I feel like a slimeball after for years talking about how I did not miss v oting, but I blew it. My shots are on March 21 and my grandkids are coming to the beach the following week so I am not going to be able to return until after the primary. The worse part early voting started on the day I left and I could have voted if I had my date correct....I am a big dumb asz.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I feel like a slimeball after for years talking about how I did not miss v oting, but I blew it.  My shots are on March 21 and my grandkids are coming to the beach the following week so I am not going to be able to return until after the primary.  The worse part early voting started on the day I left and I could have voted if I had my date correct....I am a big dumb asz.

Good grief sea, give yourself a break.   At this stage in your life as you describe it, no one could ever accuse you of not having done your political duty as an American.  And aren't shots and grandkids both EMINENTLY more important right now??  Is there anyone at all who would disagree with that, except some heartless idiot?  

Look, I know I don't need to be telling you, of all people, about the value of time, so please don't waste another minute of it beating yourself up about this.  It's not fair to yourself, and it's not fair to your family.  So there.  Knock it off!!   I love you

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Yes, these debates are really selling the American people on the GOP's brand..... (Not!!!!) LOL!

"Not" is right, and "bizarre" is the word, all right.   Wish I could laugh but it's not funny to me in the least.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I feel like a slimeball after for years talking about how I did not miss v oting, but I blew it.  My shots are on March 21 and my grandkids are coming to the beach the following week so I am not going to be able to return until after the primary.  The worse part early voting started on the day I left and I could have voted if I had my date correct....I am a big dumb asz.

Good grief sea, give yourself a break.   At this stage in your life as you describe it, no one could ever accuse you of not having done your political duty as an American.  And aren't shots and grandkids both EMINENTLY more important right now??  Is there anyone at all who would disagree with that, except some heartless idiot?  

Look, I know I don't need to be telling you, of all people, about the value of time, so please don't waste another minute of it beating yourself up about this.  It's not fair to yourself, and it's not fair to your family.  So there.  Knock it off!!   I love you

AMEN LINDA AMEN!!!! cheers cheers cheers

2seaoat

No, I have been very vocal about people needing to vote. It is shameful our voter turnout. Everybody has an excuse, and they all suck. I could have double checked the date a week before I left. John Kasich cannot be nominated if good people do not take the time to vote. Do we really want the other three clowns to be the nominee? John Kasich is a good but imperfect man. He has a proven track record of balancing budgets. I do not agree with many of his social platforms, but there is no other candidate who I agree with more on budgets. There is no excuse for not voting.....none. We need zero tolerance for folks who do not vote.

I will vote for Kasich in the FL primary. Only man on the platform with the guts to stick to the issues and not fall to school playground behavior. I've liked him from the beginning of this circus.

If Trump gets the nomination, I will not back him. I don't vote party - I vote for the person who seems capable of leading the country. He is not a team player - he is all about THE DONALD and we do not need a dictator.

But I will vote in the November election.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My wife and I will also vote for Kasich. We just need to fill out our absentee ballots. I  will try to get us both to do this today.

Yes, he was the only debater to not participate in the spectacle.........

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Based on the behavior of the GOP front runners in last night's debate, I surely hope Clinton's team is already preparing their attack ads. The debate footage provides plenty of material.

Oh, and SNL's parody of this debate should be delightful to watch!

I am sure poster Markle will continue to spin the garbage about Clinton's emails.... It is about all he has now......

Right now there is so much turmoil within the GOP ranks that they are going to be too exhausted to challenge HRC in the Fall.

Maybe the RNC should cancel all remaining pre-convention debates and just wait for the bipartisan ones with the Democrats this Fall. That way they can avoid the spectacles to come--which should only get more wild and woolly.

Yes, the GOP's brand is sinking this cycle, unfortunately....  

Tonight's Republican Debate Was More Bizarre Than The Last One... CoolClips_wb027449

BTW, where are Boards and Sal when you need them to come out and play?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Based on the behavior of the GOP front runners in last night's debate, I surely hope Clinton's team is already preparing their attack ads. The debate footage provides plenty of material.

I am sure poster Markle will continue to spin the garbage about Clinton's emails.... It is about all he has now......

Right now there is so much turmoil within the GOP ranks that they are going to be too exhausted to challenge HRC in the Fall.

Maybe the RNC should cancel all remaining pre-convention debates and just wait for the bipartisan ones with the Democrats this Fall. That way they can avoid the spectacles to come--which should only get more wild and woolly.

Tonight's Republican Debate Was More Bizarre Than The Last One... CoolClips_wb027449

IF that is true, why are so many more REPUBLICANS VOTING THAN DEMOCRATS? Why too are so many Democrats switching and voting Republican?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
IF that is true, why are so many more REPUBLICANS VOTING THAN DEMOCRATS?  Why too are so many Democrats switching and voting Republican?

It's because the American electorate is now so dumbed down that I doubt this country will continue to exist in it's present form for very much longer.
Our politics has become a farce.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Based on the behavior of the GOP front runners in last night's debate, I surely hope Clinton's team is already preparing their attack ads. The debate footage provides plenty of material.

IF that is true, why are so many more REPUBLICANS VOTING THAN DEMOCRATS?  Why too are so many Democrats switching and voting Republican?

I know the answer and so do you . . . . . it ain't the allure of the GOP message . . . .far from it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum