Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neuroscientist discusses marijuana

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

Yella

Yella

ppaca wrote:
\

I've been studying it for fiftyyears now and still have a lot to learn.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

dumpcare

It's really amazing once you get into researching it.

I studied it for 25 years then stopped and started researching it again just a couple of years ago.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I recently did a brief study on the effects of Marijuana in women. It was inconclusive.

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:I recently did a brief study on the effects of Marijuana in women. It was inconclusive.

Try the canna butter to bake or spread on toast, may give you a better handle on that study. Google it. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol! lol! lol! lol!

I have smoked off and on since about 1973. Growing up where I live (Oregon), we've always had the strong strains that folks like for medicine now. Many people I know also have smoked for a very long time. Folks in all walks of life, AND professions smoke pot. It is a very safe substance if used with respect. Ingesting it has a very different effect, and is more dangerous.

My husband also has used it for medicine for the last 10 years. To GREAT benefit to him. He eats it and smokes it. He suffered a traumatic brain injury as well as a broken back and assorted other lesser injuries, due to being hit head on by a drunk kid going over 100 mph

dumpcare

tealeaf wrote:I have smoked off and on since about 1973. Growing up where I live (Oregon), we've always had the strong strains that folks like for medicine now. Many people I know also have smoked for a very long time. Folks in all walks of life, AND professions smoke pot. It is a very safe substance if used with respect. Ingesting it has a very different effect, and is more dangerous.

My husband also has used it for medicine for the last 10 years. To GREAT benefit to him. He eats it and smokes it. He suffered a traumatic brain injury as well as a broken back and assorted other lesser injuries, due to being hit head on by a drunk kid going over 100 mph

What makes it dangerous to digest it? I understand it can help with diverticula disease (which I have suffered with for 20 yrs) and other digestive issues. I have only digested it a couple times, about 40 years ago, ground real fine and baked into brownie's and I can say it was more satisfying than smoking it, a gradual high and not a wham bang you're in cloud nine. I have a niece in a legal state that pick's up her medicinal once a month and makes butter out of it and then cooks with it.

Sorry to hear about your husband.

ppaca wrote:

What makes it dangerous to digest it? I understand it can help with diverticula disease (which I have suffered with for 20 yrs)  and other digestive issues. I have only digested it a couple times, about 40 years ago, ground real fine and baked into brownie's and I can say it was more satisfying than smoking it, a gradual high and not a wham bang you're in cloud nine. I have a niece in a legal state that pick's up her medicinal once a month and makes butter out of it and then cooks with it.

Sorry to hear about your husband.
The biggest danger is eating too much. Especially for those not used to it.  Many don't wait long enough for it to take effect and eat more. Can take up to an hour to be felt when ingested.
My bro-in-law did that. Ate more. he could not really move at all for about 4 hours, but was awake. He was fine afterwards. Just had to wait. Have not heard of anyone being seriously harmed from it at all.

My husband will sleep much more restfully when he eats it. He can eat quite a lot tho, as he is used to it

It really is great medicine for many things. I can very much see it being a help for your diverticulitis. My husband has suffered from that too, but honestly no flares since he started on the pot!

Last edited by tealeaf on 3/12/2016, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

Yes, one that ingest's needs to wait a couple hours. I knew it took a lot longer and you don't sit there and eat 2,3 or more brownie's or cookie's while waiting, just go about your business. Here is a link that is useful for any digestive issue's, but it does say in the article and comments it helps to also smoke it.

http://www.medicaljane.com/2014/06/28/medical-marijuana-and-inflammatory-bowel-disease-ibd/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

tealeaf wrote:Folks in all walks of life, AND professions smoke pot. It is a very safe substance if used with respect. Ingesting it has a very different effect, and is more dangerous.

From what I've read,  the smoke is carcinogenic like tobacco smoke.
Why would ingesting it be more dangerous than smoking it?  Never have heard that before,  can you provide a link for it.

dumpcare

I think tealeaf was referring to the fact it takes longer for you to feel it, therefore a lot of people who don't know that say in a few minutes, "Oh I don't feel a thing" and eat some more of whatever it's in. It's gradual when ingested and may take an hour or so to feel it. If you were to eat 2 or more in the span of an hour when it does hit you are higher than a kite. Therefore inducing high anxiety and heart palpitation's.

Bob wrote:
tealeaf wrote:Folks in all walks of life, AND professions smoke pot. It is a very safe substance if used with respect. Ingesting it has a very different effect, and is more dangerous.

From what I've read,  the smoke is carcinogenic like tobacco smoke.
Why would ingesting it be more dangerous than smoking it?  Never have heard that before,  can you provide a link for it.

I know several folks who've smoked daily for decades (pot). No cigarettes. None have any lung problems. Maybe it's just them.
I've never heard of anyone dying or contracting any disease from only pot, honestly.
I know others that smoke that do have lung issues, like emphysema, asthma and cancer, but they also smoked tobacco.

I know of 2 peeps who ate too much. One was unable to clap or stand up at a rolling stones concert in Seattle (1 brownie), the other was unable to move for about 4 hours (1/2 large cookie). Could barely nod his head to say he was ok.  Neither of these guys was used to pot in any form. Gotta be careful, til you know how it effects you.
I've read that Colorado has been having problems with pot tourists ingesting too much and ending up at the er.  If they have no allergy, they could just wait it out and be just fine after a while.
Oregons edibles for medical and recreational are different strengths.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum