Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob I think you said March 7th

+6
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
knothead
Hospital Bob
RealLindaL
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

2seaoat

Any news.......on the biopsy?

dumpcare

No word on biopsy. Bob says he is being released today. He tried to post last night but forgot his pw.

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:No word on biopsy. Bob says he is being released today. He tried to post last night but forgot his pw.

The wonders of anesthesia after-effects.   Good news on the release, though!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Got back home an hour ago.  The doctor told me we'll have the biopsy results in 5 days.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:Got back home an hour ago.  The doctor told me we'll have the biopsy results in 5 days.

Congrats on being home!  That's wonderful!  Hope you're feeling OK, all things considered.   As for having to wait five days for biopsy results, been there, done that, and I realize labs have  backlogs, but it's still kinda sucky.  So much involving cancer (or any potential serious illness) is like that, I guess -- hurry up and wait.

Take it easy and keep us in the loop as/when you can.

dumpcare

Welcome Back Bob.

Congrats Bob..!!

knothead

knothead

We got pkr home and safe and you are next up . . . . everyone here is thinking of you Bob . . . . positive vibes!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:We got pkr home and safe and you are next up . . . . everyone here is thinking of you Bob . . . . positive vibes!

Well said, Knothead........!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

There's no place like home! Glad you're back, Bob. Very Happy

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:Got back home an hour ago.  The doctor told me we'll have the biopsy results in 5 days.

cheers cheers cheers

2seaoat

Glad to hear you are at home.

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Well said, Knothead........!

You're a poet and don't know it.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Well said, Knothead........!

You're a poet and don't know it.

PEACE!!! flower

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  I cannot even conceive of how you were able to cope with the degree of pain resulting from your thoracotomy.
Until I was released from the hospital yesterday,  I was being given morphine and that did alleviate the pain from the robotic surgery.  But with only the oxycontin I have at home,  the pain is very severe. 
Since everything I'm told has me believing the thoracotomy pain is a lot worse,  I don't know if I could ever go through with that.

2seaoat

I used to have a very low pain threshold.....but after being cut on, poked, you just kind of get numb. The coughing is tough.....the laughing worse, but here is the good news.....the pain will go away pretty quick. Please try to walk. Even if it is painful, go as far as you can. Again, go easy on heavy meals. It gets better, but the first two weeks can have some bad days......however, six or seven more years of life.......no brainer.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hopefully they gave you an incintive spirometry.....to use every couple of hours.

Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 2 Hudson10

If not deep breathe and cough to prevent pneumonia.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

They did give me the spirometer.  But with only a day and a half out of surgery I can barely move the thing with my breath the pain is so bad.
I have to force myself to eat anything,  Seaoat.  I have zero appetite.

I say it again,  I cannot imagine the pain you must have felt from the full out thoracotomy. 
I used to tell people how bad the pain of gout was.  I now feel so stupid ever saying that because compared to this,  the pain from gout is nothing.

I have a question for you,  Joani.  I am getting more relief when I add a couple of tylenols to the oxycontin.  Is there is any problem with doing that?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  the surgeon told me "when they go home after the robotic lung surgery,  60% of my patients don't even need any pain meds".
Those must be supermen.  lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:They did give me the spirometer.  But with only a day and a half out of surgery I can barely move the thing with my breath the pain is so bad.
I have to force myself to eat anything,  Seaoat.  I have zero appetite.

I say it again,  I cannot imagine the pain you must have felt from the full out thoracotomy. 
I used to tell people how bad the pain of gout was.  I now feel so stupid ever saying that because compared to this,  the pain from gout is nothing.

I have a question for you,  Joani.  I am getting more relief when I add a couple of tylenols to the oxycontin.  Is there is any problem with doing that?

OxyContin does not contain Tylenol but oxycodone does. Check with your pharmacist to make sure.

I don't like OxyContin....it was detailed as a
Super drug to relieve severe surgical pain. It was strong enough to cover pain in order to alleviate the need for IV or IM meds, but they recommended additional opioids to handle break through pain. To me that meant more medication.

RealLindaL

OH gosh, Bob, I'm so sorry you're hurting so terribly.  Do you think you should let someone in the medical group know, if you haven't already? You could then ask them at the same time about the Tylenol and/or any other suggestions they may have.  They will not want you to be suffering.

I'm also wondering whether or not anyone suggested clutching a small, firm pillow (like a decorator pillow) to your chest if/when you have to cough.  I'm talking about wrapping both arms around it and clutching it tight to the chest. I have no idea if it would help in your situation, or if you're even coughing at all, but someone on that old disappearing chat room I used to participate in suggested it when I had severe bronchitis with lots of pain upon coughing (nothing like your pain, I'm sure!), and it worked like a charm to damp down the hurt.   Then when my hubby had open heart surgery they actually gave him a heart-shaped pillow (cute) to use for the very same purpose.  Just a thought, feel free to ignore.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I hurt bad from the time I left the hospital on Tuesday until last night when I took both the oxycontin and the tylenol.  Until that time I had been taking the oxycontin every 3 hours and it barely cut the pain.
But then last night I took both together.  I just woke up (it's now 3:30) and I'm feeling a lot less pain and don't even feel the need to take more painkillers now.

Either the combination of the two things somehow broke the pain or it's just a coincidence and the pain started to let up after 36 hours (probably the latter).
But either way I'm just happy cause the pain has finally broken.  Yippee!!!

2seaoat

It will get better. I got so tired of watching that damn ball on the breathing device, but it helps. Make sure you are walking. Even if it is from one room to another. The second day home I walked from the house to the mailbox.....next day a block.....next day two blocks....next day ran the bobcat and opened up my sutures.....oopppps! Next two weeks.....a very good boy and did nothing. I thought the dog had made a mess on my lazy boy because it was wet, but it was my sutures under my arm and along my ribs where they removed the upper lung lobe bleeding.....had to hide the bloody shirt from the wife and did not tell her because the lecture was going to be worse than the bleeding....my surgeon got piszed a month later when I told him, so my advice is that at some point you are going to feel really good......go slow.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's a question.  Since pneumonia is a possibility following the surgery,  why would the doctors not be encouraging patients to get a pneumonia vaccine shot before the surgery?   I got one just because it seemed logical to me.
But is there something about the pneumonia you can get after surgery that is different from the pneumonia the vaccine protects you from?  I don't get it.

2seaoat

My doctor did not have a high opinion of the efficacy of the vaccine. I had it six months after the surgery and he indicated that it is very limited in the protection it gives. It does give protection......kind of like a helmet in battle, you still can end up wounded if the bullet goes where there is no protection.

On another note Bob.....the damn weather lady told me we were going to have rain on Saturday and it was going to be clear on Sunday....I just spent two hundred bucks to rent a piece of equipment from Saturday to Monday, and this morning they tell me the front is getting here late and it will rain Sunday......I would like to throw a dart at them.....but then they would have none when they guess on the weather.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum