Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The women's march on Washington

+2
othershoe1030
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The women's march on Washington Empty The women's march on Washington 1/17/2017, 10:23 am

2seaoat

Wow. A grandmother in Hawaii said we should march in protest, and women across the nation are marching on Washington in protest of President elect Trump and his conduct. Probably only a couple thousand will show up, but the intensity of their disdain will be hard to overlook. I find it amusing that the same intensity was not channeled to win the election.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Okay. I'll have to agree that more effort should've been put in before the election. No argument there.

Not only is there a women's march in DC but also at cities around the country including Pensacola. I plan to attend.

Washington (CNN)The original Facebook post quickly went viral and now organizers are anticipating 200,000 could attend the Women's March on Washington on Saturday.

For anyone who's not been paying attention, that's the day after Donald Trump will be sworn in as president.
Organizers of the march say they want to greet Trump's presidency by making a statement.
"The Women's March on Washington will send a bold message to our new government on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights," the march's mission statement reads. "We stand together, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us is defending all of us."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Only 200 buses have been approved for January 20th...and 1,200 were approved for the Women's March on the 21st.  Trump has posted a plea to FB...free tickets.  Pathetic.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/16/1621063/-A-desperate-Donald-Trump-records-a-message-on-Facebook-offering-free-Inauguration-tickets?detail=email&link_id=1&can_id=1b54be4c01232388704f6dbb31c47a1c&source=email-a-desperate-donald-trump-records-a-message-on-facebook-offering-free-inauguration-tickets-2&email_referrer=a-desperate-donald-trump-records-a-message-on-facebook-offering-free-inauguration-tickets-2&email_subject=a-desperate-donald-trump-records-a-message-on-facebook-offering-free-inauguration-tickets

The women's march on Washington Inauguration

What if you threw an inauguration and nobody came?

[...]

Thanks for the invite but I'm getting my eyeballs scooped out with a spiky ice cream scoop and no anesthesia that day. So...Kinda have something better to do.

A president shouldn't have to appeal and beg people to come. Donald, you have tired the Nation before taking office. Just hire people to act as fill ins and clappers!

I must send my regrets. Today we were here in Phoenix protesting the repeal of ACA, we are 63 and 73 years old. First time we have ever protested.

Next Saturday we will be here at the Women's March, supporting Civil Rights, Women's Rights, Women's Health Care Rights, LGBT Rights, etc.

Enjoy your party!

I'd rather sit on my couch and stare at my ceiling until my neck cramps.

Release your tax returns, give us our healthcare back (or at least replace it, as promised), stop degrading the free press, and threatening our First Amendment, release your holdings and assets, come clean about your Putin connection, call off your right-wing dogs, and I'll get 50 people to come with me.

You are fake news.

You are not legitimate.

You are an imbecile.

Go pay your people to clap for you.

P-off.

[...]

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Wow.  A grandmother in Hawaii said we should march in protest, and women across the nation are marching on Washington in protest of President elect Trump and his conduct.  Probably only a couple thousand will show up, but the intensity of their disdain will be hard to overlook.  I find it amusing that the same intensity was not channeled to win the election.  

The women's march on Washington Hill210

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:Okay. I'll have to agree that more effort should've been put in before the election. No argument there.

Not only is there a women's march in DC but also at cities around the country including Pensacola. I plan to attend.

Washington (CNN)The original Facebook post quickly went viral and now organizers are anticipating 200,000 could attend the Women's March on Washington on Saturday.

For anyone who's not been paying attention, that's the day after Donald Trump will be sworn in as president.
Organizers of the march say they want to greet Trump's presidency by making a statement.
"The Women's March on Washington will send a bold message to our new government on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights," the march's mission statement reads. "We stand together, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us is defending all of us."

My guess is that it will be a dud.

Telstar

Telstar

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Okay. I'll have to agree that more effort should've been put in before the election. No argument there.

That's what most women say after they divorce a republican loser.  Laughing

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:

My guess is it will be HUGE and you will be very wrong. Gentlemen, place your bets.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:Only 200 buses have been approved for January 20th...and 1,200 were approved for the Women's March on the 21st.  Trump has posted a plea to FB...free tickets.  Pathetic.

Reportedly his goal now is to beat Obama's inauguration crowd which was estimated, IIRC, at 1.8 million.  So once again we see childish competition and unashamed obsession over winning for winning's sake, to soothe the narcissist's insatiable thirst for approbation.  Yes, pathetic is the word.

I know I'm not alone in predicting one thing for virtual certain:  If Trump's crowds turn out to be smaller than Obama's, he'll either cook the numbers of his crowds to make them bigger because he says so, and/or he'll call the Obama crowd numbers rigged, fake, whatever. Just watch.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:Only 200 buses have been approved for January 20th...and 1,200 were approved for the Women's March on the 21st.  Trump has posted a plea to FB...free tickets.  Pathetic.

Reportedly his goal now is to beat Obama's inauguration crowd which was estimated, IIRC, at 1.8 million.  So once again we see childish competition and unashamed obsession over winning for winning's sake, to soothe the narcissist's insatiable thirst for approbation.  Yes, pathetic is the word.

I know I'm not alone in predicting one thing for virtual certain:  If Trump's crowds turn out to be smaller than Obama's, he'll either cook the numbers of his crowds to make them bigger because he says so, and/or he'll call the Obama crowd numbers rigged, fake, whatever.  Just watch.

I've not seen any estimates of more than 800,000 to 900,000. No one has said there was a goal to be Petulant President Obama's figure.

President Trump has also cut the number of balls to less than half and the length of the parade. He wants to get to work. Lot's of government is going to be reduced in size.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum