Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob I think you said March 7th

+6
Joanimaroni
dumpcare
knothead
Hospital Bob
RealLindaL
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

126Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/15/2016, 9:20 pm

dumpcare

Yervoy and Zelboraf both are tier 5 drugs, you would pay if you couldn't get it free in a trial 27% of the cost until you reach $3310 the gap then you would pay 45% of the cost, when you reach $4850  what you have paid out of pocket for drugs then the cost would be 5% or $7.40 co pay whichever is greater. With these two drugs you probably will reach the $4850 in a month or two.

Zelboraf comes in a tab needs pre-authorization and has quantity limits  of 240 tablets in a 30 day period.

Yervoy is iv infusion they would probably teach you to administer yourself since it's in the drug plan. Of course if administered in outpatient setting would be a $40 or $50 co pay each time and would not go towards your drug plan.

The two we discussed last week that Jimmy Carter was on is not in the book as being covered.

Last edited by ppaca on 3/15/2016, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

127Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/15/2016, 9:23 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob, you know you are and will be in our prayers.

A sister-in-law of mine was dxd with melanoma in 2000. Her prognosis wasn't good, but she hanged in there until the summer of 2013. Her cancer also migrated to her lungs. Her life wasn't easy the last couple of years, but she did the best she could.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

128Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/15/2016, 9:46 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob, my brother beat throat cancer, and I know it wasn't an easy ride for him, but that was 15 years ago and he's still going strong. You can beat this. Never give up hope and know that your friends are with you.

I'm playing this song for you...it always meant a lot to me:

129Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/15/2016, 10:26 pm

2seaoat

None of us get out of here alive.....it is all about attitude and the gift of time. What looks like it may be little time can turn out to be more time than you ever expected.....I put everything in my wife's trust in 2012 and thought I had three months......four years later.....still here.

130Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/15/2016, 10:45 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:None of us get out of here alive.....it is all about attitude and the gift of time.  What looks like it may be little time can turn out to be more time than you ever expected.....I put everything in my wife's trust in 2012 and thought I had three months......four years later.....still here.

You are an inspiration and I hope our paths cross.

131Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 9:06 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thanks,  everyone,  for your support.
I meet with my oncologist next week to work out a course of action.  The surgeon suggested the first thing I need to do is to get my oncologist to set up what's called a "peer to peer relationship" with MD Anderson in Houston.  That way they will be the ones to decide what treatments are advisable.  I'll let you know how that goes.

132Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 9:55 am

2seaoat

The peer to peer is a home run Bob. You will be surprised at the options you will have. I am so happy you will be getting the best advice and direction. Again, it will take you about a week for this to completely sink in, and then it will be a metamorphos from fear of the unknown to grinder mode and wisdom where you will begin enjoying every fricking day.......I figure you for about 72.....unless that fed ex truck runs your prius over. I just pray that you do not have breathing issues and that they knocked that out for the time being.

133Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 10:59 am

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:The peer to peer is a home run Bob.  You will be surprised at the options you will have.  I am so happy you will be getting the best advice and direction.  Again, it will take you about a week for this to completely sink in, and then it will be a metamorphos from fear of the unknown to grinder mode and wisdom where you will begin enjoying every fricking day.......I figure you for about 72.....unless that fed ex truck runs your prius over.  I just pray that you do not have breathing issues and that they knocked that out for the time being.

You have him older than he is, he's a year younger than me.

134Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 12:22 pm

knothead

knothead

Bob wrote:Thanks,  everyone,  for your support.
I meet with my oncologist next week to work out a course of action.  The surgeon suggested the first thing I need to do is to get my oncologist to set up what's called a "peer to peer relationship" with MD Anderson in Houston.  That way they will be the ones to decide what treatments are advisable.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks much Bob for keeping us informed, it looks like a home run to me to use Mr. Oats' language . . . . . . please keep us advised as the plan develops!

135Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 12:23 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Three observations

1.  I had reached the conclusion that this cancer was all my fault due to a lifetime of smoking.
Now I find out different.  It's due to being out in the sun without protection as a kid.  Had nothing to do with smoking.

2.  This is the part that's so surreal.  I have this really bad terminal illness going on inside me,  but I never felt better in my life.
If I have a heart attack, I feel it.  A stroke,  I feel it.  In fact most people find out they have cancer because of a symptom (feeling something different).
But me?  I don't feel a dang thing (yet).

3.  This is the morbid part but it has to be said.  I WILL NOT die a suffering death if I can avoid it.  And I can avoid it by having phenobarbital on hand.
Right now the only way I know I can get it is a road trip to Tijuana.

136Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 12:25 pm

2seaoat

You have him older than he is, he's a year younger than me.

I know his age, I was referencing that he will make it to 72.....which was the life expectancy they were telling us when we were kids......how can you feel cheated if you make it to that number.....I am hoping he has another five years minimum, and that they are productive and happy. I know Bob has the spirit for the same, and it is about time to talk about this......T was living his life to the fullest. Enjoying his grandkids and finding grease on the road with his bike. He was gone in an instant moment.....yet, would he have been happier sitting in a wheelchair for three years at a nursing home at 90? This idea that checking out when you are still lucid and reasonably vibrant is not such a bad deal. Yes, it is unexpectant, but really......does anyone really want to be 90 and wheeled into a corner at a nursing home like my grandmother at 94 who did not know anybody, and would sit for hours in a corner......nope....we have been blessed with certainty of our demise and the vibrancy of relative youth.....it will take a while to reach this wisdom, but you will, and you will look at this challenge as just one more step in this beautiful life which until yesterday, perhaps you took for granted....you will take nothing for granted now.

137Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 12:49 pm

dumpcare

http://www.melanoma.org/find-support/patient-community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/cannabishemp-oil

http://www.unitedpatientsgroup.com/blog/2015/04/03/incredible-cannabis-patient-story-beating-stage-iv-metastatic-melanoma-cancer/

http://www.medicaljane.com/2015/02/18/whole-plant-cannabis-extract-in-the-treatment-of-melanoma/

Many more sites.

138Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 3:48 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have but one regret (or at least the only one I could think of first).
I was hoping to live long enough that I would live past the time Rush Limbaugh is still dominating radio.
Now sadly Rush on the radio will outlive me.

139Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 3:52 pm

dumpcare

I know you must feel that way, but like you say you feel good and wouldn't even know you had it. So keep a positive attitude and comb sites and look at suggested treatments and how many went into remission.

140Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 5:27 pm

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:I know you must feel that way, but like you say you feel good and wouldn't even know you had it. So keep a positive attitude and comb sites and look at suggested treatments and how many went into remission.

What ppaca said, Bob!  You just never know.  Unless you were given some dire prognosis you're not sharing, please don't count yourself out just yet!

141Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 6:31 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

RealLindaL wrote:
ppaca wrote:I know you must feel that way, but like you say you feel good and wouldn't even know you had it. So keep a positive attitude and comb sites and look at suggested treatments and how many went into remission.

What ppaca said, Bob!  You just never know.  Unless you were given some dire prognosis you're not sharing, please don't count yourself out just yet!

Dittos. Wage a fighting retreat, Bob, like our very own Seaoat has courageously done. Enjoy each day. I hope you are still planning on going on that rock and roll cruise when it happens.

142Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 7:07 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
I hope you are still planning on going on that rock and roll cruise when it happens.

Still planning to as of today,  Z.

143Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 7:09 pm

Bob wrote:I have but one regret (or at least the only one I could think of first).
I was hoping to live long enough that I would live past the time Rush Limbaugh is still dominating radio.

He might croak tomorrow, Bob. None of us know where or when. LIVE each day to its fullest. Sounds canned but it's true. Wink

144Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 8:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:I have but one regret (or at least the only one I could think of first).

Maybe not....people can get bumped off. And not bumped of the air.

145Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 10:12 pm

2seaoat

You are going to start feeling a lot better in about a week. I don't care who you are.....when you realize that you have cancer and it will kill you eventually, it is a lonely couple days of reflection. However, one day you wake up and you realize that there are no guarantees and you have to keep living. I have watched three dear friends die since I have been sick, and they were worried about me. I have filled my time with work, retirement, and projects which require a certain amount of physical effort. I felt good when the pulmonary doc was worried about my heart and general decline in health when he reached up and literally felt me up around my chest and shoulders and he looks at the other doctor and says he is going to be fine with the surgery. I am convinced that keeping yourself physically active is important. If you like walking....walk.. ..if you like biking....bike.....in my case I am too weak for most activities, but construction work is perfect....I stretch....rest....lift....rest....and at the end of the project I see something done. There are going to be a great many things you thought you would have time to do.....but the reality is none of us get what we want, but sometimes you get what you need, and right now you need to keep living and quit worrying about things you cannot control. Give it a week...your sense of humor will return, and you will start gathering information which will give you a better roadmap. The whole trip to Mexico is silly....you will gain wisdom shortly, and the first thing you will learn is that you are not going to take control of cancer......and somehow set the rules of how all this will evolve, and you will reflect on what every person who has ever lived must face....that there is finite time allocated to each of us, and that death is as natural as birth......you just forgot how traumatic birth was, and I guarantee you........you will forget the trauma of death......it is all part of a natural cycle where one has no more importance than the other. You are going to have a great four or five years.....again I am putting even money on you making 72....but please do not fear sharing with others, it is helpful as each of us face this journey.

146Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/16/2016, 11:51 pm

Hallmarkgard

Open letter to my friend Bob

You are a great person.  I have enjoyed  walking the city with you, climbing the mountain at Bruce beach  biking at Navy Point and talking about everything at our friends house.  You have never lied to me.  I have never heard you retell a story in a different way.  You have listened to my stories and always made me feel good.  You have been more than honest in every small business deal we have made.  I am glad I know you.  You are an exceptional person.  Your collection of "Stuff" is amazing.  You worked in an era of Juke Joints, pin Ball machines with people like the Baylocks.  You are a tough damn guy to have survived in that environment.  But yet you took care of your mother when she needed you the most.

Listen to what Oats is saying.  He speaks better than I but I also understand the dark side of life.  You are a good person and Karma will prove I am right.    Like the old Rail road crossing sign used to say Stop, Look, Listen.  The answer you are looking for is there.  It may be in your music or maybe a Sun rise or Sun set.  But I promise , the answer is there. Many of us are fortunate to have you has a friend, either in Cyber or in real time.  

Looking forward to sharing in your journey if you will let me.  Take care.  All is good

147Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/17/2016, 1:03 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hallmark, I have been posting with you all for 10 years now, and I have never seen more wisdom packed into a single post ever on any forum than what I read above. Thank you. It applies to more than just Bob.

148Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/17/2016, 7:29 am

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Hallmark, I have been posting with you all for 10 years now, and I have never seen more wisdom packed into a single post ever on any forum than what I read above. Thank you. It applies to more than just Bob.

cheers cheers cheers

149Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/17/2016, 8:38 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgard wrote:

Looking forward to sharing in your journey

Right now the journey has come to a major crossroads. 

Nodules started popping up in my lungs in 2015.  There are now five of them in both lungs.  One of them has already developed into a tumor and that's the one which was just removed.
They're too small to biopsy yet.

So here I am at that major crossroads wondering if and when those other nodules are going to develop into more tumors.

Four more days until I visit the oncologist to learn if he has any tricks up his sleeve to deal with those nodules. 
It's on my mind every waking minute while I stay in the dark about what's going to happen. 

So that's the status of the journey at this point in time.  And it's coming from a real "no spin zone".

150Bob I think you said March 7th - Page 6 Empty Re: Bob I think you said March 7th 3/17/2016, 9:05 am

2seaoat

I will share with you on having four marble size tumors which cannot be removed from what is left of my lung system. They can go in and debulk and radiate tumors in the lungs. I have six to nine months before they will try to debulk my tumors again. They go in and freeze them, debulk until they get into vascular structure, cauterize, and then radiate each tumor. It is uncomfortable for a couple days, and you cough up some blood for about a week, but I am currently doing physical work which I was incapable of doing a year ago....still weak from the tumor load on the liver, but those tumors in the lung debulked have allowed me to return to near normal lifestyle. Now, I cannot speak to the nature of your tumors, but I would suggest right now working on increasing your lung capacity with some exercises. In my case, one of those marble size tumors has been fusing the walls of one of lung lobs and I have been fighting a collapsed lung and breathing issues since the fall. I am now breathing much better. Yea at some point the total load of tumors will simply be more than my body can handle, but Bob my first resection and removal of most of my upper left lung lobe took place in June 2008, and it will be eight years in June. Steve Jobs only lasted seven years from his first NET tumor on his pancreas to his death. You are going to have more time than the first impression of getting the bad news on the big C......and those years will be the best years in your life. You will have to be your own advocate, and you will just have to challenge and take nothing for granted.....but time.....it is all relative. I am hopeful the oncologist can begin the process of giving you peace of mind. It will get better, but nothing I can say or anybody else can say will make your journey of self discovery easier, this will be all you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum