Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The first Poll.......Are you for or against Markle being banned from this forum?

+13
cool1
Markle
Vikingwoman
Floridatexan
dumpcare
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
gatorfan
Sal
Wordslinger
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Are you for or against Markle being banned?

The first Poll.......Are you for or against Markle being banned from this forum?                  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%   The first Poll.......Are you for or against Markle being banned from this forum?                  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
   The first Poll.......Are you for or against Markle being banned from this forum?                  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap80%   The first Poll.......Are you for or against Markle being banned from this forum?                  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 80% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 20

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Here is a solution:  Markle can register at the forum below and post there, and then anyone who wants to stay up to speed with the objectively false brand of propaganda that he spreads can do so there.  Anyone who wants to still entertain narratives such as "Everything in the Planned Parenthood videos is real!!!" can certainly click on the link below, and then waste your time trying to reason with such a charming person over there.  This forum, on the other hand, is intended for those wanting to actually discuss real-world politics.  This isn't a place to spam non-factual statements in all caps that are aimed at shutting down valuable organizations on false pretense.

Everyone wins.

http://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com/

SheWrites wrote:Dictator.

You left out tin pot... he's turned this into a tree fort with a keep out sign above the door. Mao would be proud.

2seaoat

The worse part of this is that I respect Boards intellectual capacity and he consistently owned Mr. Markle. With his actions, he has ceded ground to irrational and stupid posts by legitimizing their impact. I much preferred watching Mr. Markle getting pounded consistently with bad ideas than to see him posting somewhere else with his time where he will not be challenged and his lies and propaganda actually stick because competent and intelligent discussion is absent. It is counter productive to have banned Mr. Markle. Also, why create a new forum for Mr. Markle when he knows that the exact same banning can happen again. None of this makes a lick of sense to me, but I believe that a player on the Warriors is the best player since Michael Jordan, so we have different perceptions.

dumpcare

I voted no even though I don't see eye to eye with him. This is I'm all for free speech unless someone disagree's with me.

Sal

Sal

I wonder who the second "yes" vote is, because I abstained.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:I voted no even though I don't see eye to eye with him.  This is I'm all for free speech unless someone disagree's with me.

What else might warrant a banning? Not standing with climate change believers perhaps?

Maybe Boards needs to publish the parameters for members to stay within.

I think Markle deserves an apology and readmission to the forum. I'm not gonna have anyone to pick-on, now. I also enjoyed the elegance Seoat used to tell him how FOS his assertions were.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Salinsky wrote:I wonder who the second "yes" vote is, because I abstained.

I have an idea who it was but will not speculate..

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I voted "for".  I'm sick of engaging with Markle and I'm glad he's gone.  Yes, it was me, and I'm not sorry. I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh either, nor do I watch Fox. Markle is a fascist...and it CAN happen here.

The first Poll.......Are you for or against Markle being banned from this forum?                  - Page 2 Signs+of+Fascism

Last edited by Floridatexan on 2/26/2016, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan wrote:I voted "for".  I'm sick of engaging with Markle and I'm glad he's gone. Yes, it was me.

No surprise there... except the standard hypocrisy that leftists talk democracy and inclusion... until challenged.

Frickin nazi.

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
What else might warrant a banning? Not standing with climate change believers perhaps?

Nah, I think boards was more concerned about the posting of lies with the potential to do real harm to other innocent people.

Denying climate change just makes you look stupid.

Salinsky wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Nah, I think boards was more concerned about the posting of lies with the potential to do real harm to other innocent people.

Denying climate change just makes you look stupid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/02/24/top-scientists-insist-global-warming-really-did-slow-down-in-the-2000s/

You could be forgiven for not being able to keep up with whether scientists do, or don’t, think global warming “paused” during the early 2000s.

First, the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change told us, in a definitive 2013 report, that there had been a real slowdown of global warming over the past 15 years. It noted that the rate of warming during the period from 1998 through 2012 was “smaller than the rate calculated since 1951,” although the body also cautioned that “Due to natural variability, trends based on short records are very sensitive to the beginning and end dates and do not in general reflect long-term climate trends.”

Nonetheless, this idea of a global warming slowdown or “pause” was endlessly cited by climate change skeptics and deniers circa 2013. However, more recently, scientific reports have begun to come out challenging the notion.

A dataset update from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, aimed at removing biases in the data, wiped out the “pause” — to much fanfare and controversy. “Newly corrected and updated global surface temperature data …. do not support the notion of a global warming ‘hiatus,’” the study found. Other recent research, meanwhile, has suggested that the notion of a pause may represent a bias among scientists themselves, has been defined in curiously inconsistent ways by researchers – and in any event, always seems to go away if you simply analyze a long enough time period.

[Seas are now rising faster than they have in 2,800 years, scientists say]

That’s what makes it so striking to find that this debate is very much not over — a group of top scientists has just published a paper in Nature Climate Change robustly defending the idea that, as they put it, “The observed rate of global surface warming since the turn of this century has been considerably less than the average simulated rate” produced by climate change models.

The authors include noted climate researchers Gerald Meehl of the National Center for Atmospheric Research, Benjamin Santer of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and Michael Mann of Penn State University. The research was led by John Fyfe of the Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis at the University of Victoria.

The authors also argue that a large body of research into the causes of the apparent slowdown — which tended to target natural fluctuations, and especially the behavior of the Pacific Ocean — represents valuable work that advances our understanding of “a basic science question that has been studied for at least twenty years: what are the signatures of (and the interactions between) internal decadal variability and the responses to external forcings, such as increasing GHGs or aerosols from volcanic eruptions?”

To be sure, the researchers behind the current paper absolutely do not think that global warming is over or anything of the sort — rather, the argument is that there was a real slowdown that’s scientifically interesting, even if it was brief and is now probably over. After all, even if they paused, temperatures now seem to be rising again, with 2014 and 2015 setting back-to-back global temperature records.

Sal

Sal

Yes ...

To be sure, the researchers behind the current paper absolutely do not think that global warming is over or anything of the sort — rather, the argument is that there was a real slowdown that’s scientifically interesting, even if it was brief and is now probably over. After all, even if they paused, temperatures now seem to be rising again, with 2014 and 2015 setting back-to-back global temperature records.

Or as Ed Hawkins, one of the researchers and a scientist at the National Centre for Atmospheric Science at the University of Reading, put it on his blog when the paper emerged: “climate scientists agree that global warming has not ‘stopped’ – global surface temperatures and ocean heat content have continued to increase, sea levels are still rising, and the planet is retaining ~0.5 days of the sun’s incoming energy per year.”

“As far as we are concerned,” Lewandowsky said by email, “there is no discrepancy between us and Fyfe et al. as we address two distinct scholarly questions–and they agree with us about the ‘warming didn’t stop part,’ which is the only thing we addressed.”

... stupid.

Salinsky wrote:Yes ...

Or as Ed Hawkins, one of the researchers and a scientist at the National Centre for Atmospheric Science at the University of Reading, put it on his blog when the paper emerged: “climate scientists agree that global warming has not ‘stopped’ – global surface temperatures and ocean heat content have continued to increase, sea levels are still rising, and the planet is retaining ~0.5 days of the sun’s incoming energy per year.”

“As far as we are concerned,” Lewandowsky said by email, “there is no discrepancy between us and Fyfe et al. as we address two distinct scholarly questions–and they agree with us about the ‘warming didn’t stop part,’ which is the only thing we addressed.”

... stupid.

Their methodology was flawed with bias that even a layman could see. (unless it's ideologically inconvenient)

boards of FL

boards of FL

I think you all are missing the point here. This isn't about disagreements or opinions. Everyone is free to express their opinions here.

1 = 2 is not an opinion. One doesn't "disagree" with 1 = 1. One doesn't "disagree" with historical, objective fact.

If someone were to go to a Math forum and spam "INSANE liberal mathematicians from ACADEMIA LIE!!! THEY LIE!!! 1 = 2!!!! ADDITION DOES NOT EXIST!!" in the hopes of ending mathematics as a course of study at universities...well...banning that person is the reasonable thing to do. And that has nothing to do with free speech, opinions, or disagreements. It is the elimination of unproductive, nonfactual, spam that has clear and damaging motivations.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Ahem... Let's not stray from the topic on this thread......

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Ahem... Let's not stray from the topic on this thread......

Whoa, whoa, whoa ...

YOU are the one who interjected climate change denialists into this thread.

I responded directly to your post.

And, then Pkr comes along and responds with a c&p that contends almost completely the opposite of what he thinks it contends ...

... so, don't blame me for y'all looking stupid.

boards of FL wrote:I think you all are missing the point here.  This isn't about disagreements or opinions.  Everyone is free to express their opinions here.

1 = 2 is not an opinion.  One doesn't "disagree" with 1 = 1.  One doesn't "disagree" with historical, objective fact.

If someone were to go to a Math forum and spam "INSANE liberal mathematicians from ACADEMIA LIE!!! THEY LIE!!! 1 = 2!!!!  ADDITION DOES NOT EXIST!!" in the hopes of ending mathematics as a course of study at universities...well...banning that person is the reasonable thing to do.  And that has nothing to do with free speech, opinions, or disagreements.  It is the elimination of unproductive, nonfactual, spam that has clear and damaging motivations.

Bring Markle back.

2seaoat

If we cannot have the lies and propaganda introduced here and debunked here, many of us will see the lies which always pop up after Mr. Markle posts the same on Fox News. It gave all of us an opportunity to debunk and stand up to lies. Mr. Markle provided an important service to this forum. He allowed all of us to shine light on the truth. By banning him it is not about his math being wrong, it appears that we are collectively afraid that his math is correct. It is not, but the banning more than the substantive stuff, breaks down for me to be a personal thing. I was hurt when T died. It was hard for me to explain. I was hurt when retired leo and Neko died. I mean.....I never met these people, but we shared years together. I am worried about Mr. Markle;s health and I have been worried about the coherency of his posts which have declined in the last six months. I think Board's tolerance of others who may be intellectually inferior to his talents with maturity will be more tolerant, but again......he took the time to start this place, and he takes his time to maintain it so I completely understand that it is his call, but I think people care about Mr. Markle and certainly feel this is not the correct way to deal with him.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Seaoat makes good points. Markle stated he has prostate cancer and has already undergone chemotherapy and was scheduled to undergo radiation. This means his cancer is pretty advanced. There are a bunch of folks on this forum who identify themselves as either having cancer or they had it and are in remission. Those of us with cancer (I have very early stage prostate cancer) might appreciate being able to discuss with others the disease and their personal issues pertaining to it. Banning Markle not only cut him off from us, but we are now cut off from him.

FlaTex continually posts leftist propaganda pieces from FAR left sites... most either fully or in part factually wrong. She doesn't use her own ideas or make her case... it's just enormous copy and paste regurgitation. But no word from bofer.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:FlaTex continually posts leftist propaganda pieces from FAR left sites... most either fully or in part factually wrong. She doesn't use her own ideas or make her case... it's just enormous copy and paste regurgitation. But no word from bofer.

I post articles that are in line with my thinking. I don't have time to write essays specifically for this forum, but I promise you that I had several letters published at the PNJ, before they lived up to their name and became just a "mullet wrapper". I have never lied on this forum...ever. I just have an understanding that is beyond what you could grasp.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle's ban has been lifted.

Vikingwoman

I didn't vote one way or the other but I will say Markle has been lying for years so it's really not any new crime. I don't agree w/ spewing lies but in this country that is your right, unfortunately. He doesn't change my views at all but if people want to believe him... that's their stupidity. However, just because he wished someone well doesn't make him have character. Lying kind of shoots that down.

boards of FL wrote:Markle's ban has been lifted.

Thank you for doing the right thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum