Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kasich: ‘I've Had It’ With Trump, Carson

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Kasich: ‘I've Had It’ With Trump, Carson
Kasich: ‘I've Had It’ With Trump, Carson 48199171.cached
© Brian Snyder / Reuters

John Kasich is fed up with his competitors in the Republican primary.
"Do you know how crazy this election is?" he shouted during a pre-debate rally in Ohio on Tuesday. "Let me tell you something. I've about had it with these people. Let me tell you why. We got one candidate that says we ought to abolish Medicaid and Medicare. You ever heard anything so crazy as that, telling our people in this country who are seniors or about to be seniors that we're going to abolish Medicaid or Medicare," Kasich continued, seemingly referencing Ben Carson who has changed his opinion on the matter seemingly overnight. 
"We got one guy that says we ought to take 10 or 11 million people and pick them up, where the_, we're going to go in their homes, their apartments. We're going to pick them up and we're going to take them to the border and scream at them to get out of our country," Kasich said in an obvious dig at frontrunner Donald Trump. "Well that's just crazy. That is just crazy."
"We got one candidate that claimed, one candidate that actually said that the reason why we signed an agreement with Ford to bring jobs back from Mexico is because he's been yelling for the last week ok," Kasich said again referencing Trump to uproarious laughter. "That was like something out of a Back to the Future movie." 
Kasich's communications director Chris Schrimpf told The Daily Beast "Part of being President is speaking the truth to the American people. That's what Governor Kasich did today."
He did not respond to a question about whether Kasich plans to attack like this in the CNBC debate Wednesday evening.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/10/27/kasich-i-ve-had-it-with-trump-carson.html

2seaoat

Kasich and Hillary are probably the only two who can govern. I like Kasich because he cut the defense budget once, he will do it again.....he knows how to govern.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

As you know,  you and I both have been for him from the beginning.

I was a news junkie back when he was in Congress and at that time he was often a guest on tv news programs.  I got very familiar with him then and always like him and his ideas.

But today he just no longer has name recognition outside of Ohio and the surrounding states.
Unless he can take something like this and parlay it into an attention-getting device (like Trump is good at),  he just won't get the traction he needs.

He's an establishment candidate that is a faux GOPer no different than the Democrat in office now. How is voting for him any different than voting for Obama or even Hillary?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamasucks wrote:He's an establishment candidate that is a faux GOPer no different than the Democrat in office now. How is voting for him any different than voting for Obama or even Hillary?

Answer that for him,  seaoat.  lol

In any case,  what with this,  Carson going ahead of Trump in Iowa,  the war between Trump and Bush (and now Carson),  and the weird positions Carson has taken since the last debate;  tomorrow night's debate should be a humdinger as my old grandaddy used to say.  lol
My girlfriend and me have made these debates be a good source of a night's entertainment.  We're already planning to get Chinese takeout for tomorrow's latest installment.   We like Yums chinese on Airport Blvd.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Speaking of the debate,  I watched one pundit earlier bring up something I hadn't thought about.
Bush is now so low in the polls,  that he probably deserves to be in the "kids's table" debate instead of in the big event.  lol

Sal

Sal

It would appear that Kasich has suddenly realized his strategy has not been sound.

I've maintained from the beginning of his campaign that he was running for a VP slot.

Now, with Jeb! exposed as a far weaker candidate than anyone could've predicted, Trump fading, and the crazy that is Ben Carson on the rise, I think he sees an unanticipated opening to really go after the top spot.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamasucks wrote:He's an establishment candidate that is a faux GOPer no different than the Democrat in office now. How is voting for him any different than voting for Obama or even Hillary?

If the vote was tomorrow,  which of the republican candidates would you vote for?

knothead

knothead

I proclaimed my belief that Kasich was the pick of the litter months ago but, that said, I previously proclaimed Jon Hunstman as the GOP's pick of the litter so at least I am consistent. Somehow rational pragmatic people would have some appeal within the GOP rank and file but obviously I am wrong again . . . . oh well.

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:I proclaimed my belief that Kasich was the pick of the litter months ago but, that said, I previously proclaimed Jon Hunstman as the GOP's pick of the litter so at least I am consistent. Somehow rational pragmatic people would have some appeal within the GOP rank and file but obviously I am wrong again . . . . oh well.

The blue and white game was televised live tonight on SEC network.

Fuck politics.

Bob wrote:

If the vote was tomorrow,  which of the republican candidates would you vote for?

I am not sure. Probably Ben Carson. He is the lesser of the evils.

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:
knothead wrote:I proclaimed my belief that Kasich was the pick of the litter months ago but, that said, I previously proclaimed Jon Hunstman as the GOP's pick of the litter so at least I am consistent. Somehow rational pragmatic people would have some appeal within the GOP rank and file but obviously I am wrong again . . . . oh well.

The blue and white game was televised live tonight on SEC network.

Fuck politics.

Yeah buddy! Watched it last night and they have potential but after last year I will keep my expectations at bay . . . . . (love Tyler Ulis and Marcus Lee)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum