Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP Hispanic Outreach - Kasich Says "Tip Your Chambermaids!"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

"A lot of them do jobs that they're willing to do and, uh, that's why in the hotel you leave a little tip," said Kasich before a small group inside the Shady Canyon Golf Club, nestled in a gated Irvine neighborhood.

Kasich went on to tell a story about his stay at a hotel in Los Angeles in recent days.

"This lady wrote me in my hotel there in L.A. She wrote this note. It said, 'I really want you to know that I care about your stay.' Is that just the greatest thing?" he said. "So, you know, we can learn a lot and she's Hispanic, 'cause I didn't know it at the time, but I met her in the hallway -- asked her if I could get a little more soap,” said a chuckling Kasich.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-09172015-htmlstory.html?utm_content=bufferb021e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

2seaoat

I did not see that quote. Could you give me a link to the quote which is in the title. I agree with his position. Americans need to leave more tips for service employees. I leave a 25% tip when I pick up my pizza. I worked as a bus boy and dishwasher. I worked with wait staff who depended on that tip. I found NOTHING offensive with what he intended or what he said. This man has never shown the hate of other candidates in the clown car.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You may think this is a positive development for Kasich,  Seaoat.
But I don't think Sal shares your same perspective on that.  lol

2seaoat

I get the venom toward country club traditional Republicans. I will not argue that they are often patronizing and dismissive. However, I saw a friend who is now dead, who put a locker attendant's son at our club through college. He did not announce the same. He did not seek attention for his generous gift, rather he had worked in his youth in service jobs and he understood the dignity of any work, and the dignity of this man who came from Mexico and supported his family on a locker attendant salary at a country club. This generous gift could have also been mistaken as patronizing, but I spoke with the son he put through college at my friends funeral, and his gift was recognition of his good fortune that hard work does matter and all work has dignity. Tips matter. Respect matters. Hard work matters.

Sal

Sal

I just thought it was funny.

Republicans are so tone-deaf it sometimes blows my mind.

2seaoat

It was funny and yes tone deaf is a correct observation, but unless I am wrong, Kasich gets the plight of working people in America. I think he wants balanced budgets and efficiency in government. He has had a great deal of material success. I think he has not forgot his origins.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If he makes it to the Florida primary, I'm voting for him.
Hopefully, after the Trump Show is cancelled, he'll get more tv time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum