Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

David's Catfish house

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1David's Catfish house Empty David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 9:33 pm

2seaoat

A very pleasant surprise. I am not a real fan of fried fish or catfish, but everything was very good, and the place was packed on a Tuesday night so they must be able to put this quality out every night. Love their tarter sauce and hush puppies. I asked what the market price was on fried crab claws and they wanted 18 bucks which was good because I prefer broiled and took a pass. I used to sit on Navarre Beach at the old Palms location and eat order after order of broiled crab claws and it was like nine bucks. BP appears to have screwed everything up. The best crab claws are over at Mary Mahoneys in Biloxi.....exquisite.

2David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 9:36 pm

Yep, enjoyable place.

3David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 9:40 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I almost stopped at the pork and spoon to see if I could catch a seaoat....I  saw a large truck and thought it might be yours...

Did find an old silver broach near where a school house used to be that is now over grown using my metal detector

David's Catfish house Untitl12

4David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 10:27 pm

2seaoat

My wife loves that piece. A home run. How does something which looks that delicate survive buried? How deep did you find it?

5David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 10:29 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:My wife loves that piece.   A home run.  How does something which looks that delicate survive buried?  How deep did you find it?

It was down about 4 inches.....I gave it to my son he's going to take it to a jeweler and get it restored..

6David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 10:37 pm

That's really cool Teo. I sometimes tinker around metal detecting. The lake I live on was a logging hub way back... I've found heavy chains, house tackle, spikes, axe heads, and bits of saws... but never anything of real value. I'd be stoked by that.

7David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 10:44 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:That's really cool Teo. I sometimes tinker around metal detecting. The lake I live on was a logging hub way back... I've found heavy chains, house tackle, spikes, axe heads, and bits of saws... but never anything of real value. I'd be stoked by that.

I have a very good detector that allows me to discriminate against Iron or I would be digging up nails all day. I also found a roll of pennies that the wrapper had disintegrated away but they were not the older type....it's fun and we checked with the law at the court house and you can search on any public property...

8David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 11:38 pm

Pretty brooch/pin. Nice find. I usually find them in antique stores. No digging in the dirt for me.

9David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/19/2016, 11:51 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

digging's my version of the lottery

10David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/20/2016, 12:00 am

Can't see the detail but it almost looks like cloisonné.

11David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/20/2016, 12:12 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

SheWrites wrote:Can't see the detail but it almost looks like cloisonné.  

True...my son found similar here....

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=plique+a+jour+800&biw=1366&bih=626&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwji0N27vLfKAhWBeCYKHVybCCoQsAQIHQ#imgrc=exhg6BzdU8ZV6M%3A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-CHINESE-PLIQUE-A-JOUR-800-SILVER-ENAMEL-BUTTERFLY-FILIGREE-PIN-BROOCH-/291143651791

12David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/20/2016, 7:01 am

But will it buy you a Pensacola skyscraper??? clown

13David's Catfish house Empty Re: David's Catfish house 1/20/2016, 8:37 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

SheWrites wrote:But will it buy you a Pensacola skyscraper???  clown

Maybe..I still have a high credit score....LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum