Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

You've been brainwashed to believe the gook catfish are not healthy to eat.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

read it and weep, suckers.

http://www.chefs-resources.com/Is-Vietnamese-Swai-and-Basa-Safe

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

and by the way, I don't wanna hear no whining about me using the word "gook". Especially not from some of you assholes who keep defending the vietnam war. Those fighting U.S servicemen called them "gooks" so you wingnuts go preach to them too.

I think you maybe on to something Mr Bob.  Next time you go out to eat, if your server looks a little asian, just ask "Is this some of that "Gook" cat fish? Better yet When you see Big Frank down at Pattis be sure to ask him is that "Gook" cat fish or is it from somewhere else.  If you like the word "Gook" you should try to use it more in your daily personal conversations,

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 10/9/2013, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:I think you maybe on to something Mr Bob.  Next time you go out to eat, if your server looks a little asain, just ask "Is this some of that "Gook" cat fish? Better yet When you see Big Frank down at Pattis be sure to ask him is that "Gook" cat fish or is it from somewhere else.  If you like the word "Gook" you should try to use it more in your daily personal conversations,
Twisted Evil

Dink Vietnamese Used in the movies Apocalypse Now and Platoon to refer to the North Vietnamese. Comes from French Vietnamese "beaucoup dinky dau". Beaucoup means "very" in French, Dinky Dau is Vietnamese for crazy. Shortened, dink just means "crazy"k Vietnamese

Gook....
Term most likely dates back to the Philippine-American War (~1900) and has been used against a wide range of peoples, usually Asians but occasionally Europeans and even the English. Unknown origins, possibly "goo-goo," from the Tagalog language (a major language spoken in the Philippines). Although many have it originating in Korea either by referring Korea's original name, "Hanguk", or during the Korean War when Koreans would ask American GI's "Mi Guk?" ("American?" in Korean) which sounded like they were saying "Me gook." Was soon adopted for use in the Vietnam War. Technically this should only apply to Koreans, but the Vietnam War made it most popular when applied towards the Vietnamese.

Gookaniese Vietnamese Their language is Gookaniese.

Gookie Monster Vietnamese Sounding like "Cookie Moster" from Sesame Street.

Gulper Vietnamese Sounds like their gulping when the speak English

Ho-chi Vietnamese North Vietnamese leader in the 40's

McGook Vietnamese Soldier in name called them that, referring to McDonalds (slaughtered meat)

Mister Charles Vietnamese Used during the vietnam war referring to VC or Victor Charlie.

Mung.... Vietnamese Vietnamese people that were relocated to America by the US government during and after the Vietnam War. It's actually the correct pronunciation of the word "Hmong", mountain-dwelling people inhabiting southeastern China and the northern parts of Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand. Also used derisively to apply to all Asian persons. Also a type of bean/bean sprout used in oriental cuisine.

Nammer Vietnamese Derived from Vietnam being called "Nam".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I really like that reply, CG. You did that to have exactly the same effect I try to have when I write a post with this in it. lol

Anal assassin (United Kingdom) or anal astronaut[16]
Anal Buccaneer
Arse bandit[17]
Back door bandit[18]
Backgammon player (late 18th century Britain)[19]
Batty boy (alternatively botty boy),[20] also batty man
Bent, bentshot[21] or bender[22] [23]
Bone smuggler[24]
Brownie king or brown piper[25]
Bufter, bufty (mainly Scottish) or booty buffer[16]
Bugger (from Buggery)
Bum bandit[18] or bun bandit[22]
Bum boy or bum chum,[26] also bum robber[27]
Bum-driller[28]
Bumhole engineer[29]
Butt pirate,[30] butt rider, butt pilot, or butt rustler[30]
Cackpipe Cosmonaut (cackpipe being a euphemism for rectum)
Charlie (rhyming slang for Charlie Ronce which rhymes with ponce)[31]
Chi chi man (Jamaica and the Caribbean)[32][33]
Chutney ferret[34]
Cock gobbler
Cock jockey[35]
Cock knocker, cockknocker and cocknocker[35]
Cockpipe cosmonaut[36]
Crafty Butcher, "One who likes to take his meat round the back"[37][38]
Donut puncher (or Doughnut puncher)[11]
Faggot (variation: fag) (U.S., recorded from 1914)[39]
Fairy (common and acceptable for part of the 20th century)[40]
Flit[41]
Fruit (also fruit loop, fruit packer, butt fruit)[42]
Fudge packer[22]
Harry hoofter, rhyming slang of poofter[43]
Gaysian, referring to a gay Asian[44]
Grey queen, a gay person who works for the financial services industry (this term originates from the fact that in the 1950s, people who worked in this profession often wore grey flannel suits).[45]
Iron (hoof) or iron hoofter (rhyming slang for poof)[46]
Jobby jabber (mainly Scottish with jobby referring to excrement)[47]
Knob jockey[48]
Knight of the Pork Sword
Light in the loafers[49]
Light in the pants [50]
Limp wristed[51]
Marmite miner[52]
Mary[53]
Muscle Mary - gym junkie
Nancy or nancy boy,[54] girlyboy[55] or nellie[56]
Oklahomo[57]
Pansy[58]
Peter Puffer
Pillow biter[59] or mattress muncher,[52] referring to anal sex when one partner is face-down often into a pillow
Poof (variations include: poofter, pouf, poove, pooftah, pooff, puff) (U.K, Australia, New Zealand, California)[60]
Poo pusher[citation needed]
Queen, princess and variations[61]

Bean queen (also taco queen or Salsa queen), gay man attracted to Hispanic gay men[53][62]
Brownie queen, obsolete slang for gay man interested in anal sex (used by men who disliked anal sex)[63]
Chicken queen, older gay man interested in younger or younger appearing men[64]
CousCous Queen - penchant for middle eastern men
Curry queen, gay man attracted to Asian-Indian gay men[35]
Dinge queen, gay man attracted to black gay men (offensive use of "dinge" meaning black)[65]
Doyley Queen - heavily into keeping the house perfect and every vase on a doyley
Drag queen, gay man into cross-dressing for performance[65]
Gym queen, gay man given to athletic development[66]
Pissy queen, gay man perceived as fussy[60]
Potato queen, gay Asian men who are mainly attracted to white non-Asian men[67]
Rice queen, gay men who are attracted mainly to Oriental-Asian men[68]
Scat queen, gay man into coprophilia[69]
Size queen
Snow queen, gay men of colour attracted to white men

Rear Admiral
Rectal Pioneer
Ring raider[16]
Roarer
Rump Ranger
Sausage jockey (U.K)[70]
Shirt lifter[71]
Shit stabber[69]
Sod (from Sodomy)
Toby[15]
Trap is slang for young boys who look, act and/or dress almost, or completely like young girls. In fiction, Traps are often Kathoeys, transgender, or cross dressing featured mostly in Yaoi and Femdom settings.
Turd burglar[15]
Twink, a young or young-looking gay man, with little body hair and a slender build.[72]
Uphill gardener, referring to the logistics of anal intercourse[73][dead link]
Upstairs gardner, referring to the logistics of anal intercourse[73]
Woolly,[74] woofter and woolie woofter, a character from an Evening Standard cartoon and rhyming slang for poofter[75]

The issue is that I dont use either word. Neither describes my friends.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When I order catfish out at restaurants, I always ask if it is Ameriucan farmed-raised catfish. I ain't eating Basa. If you order generic "fried fish," you likely are getting Vietnamese catfish. It is that way at the Shrimp Basket and also at one of Joe Patti's restaurants (the one on Nine Mile Rd.).

I am not eating Vietnamese Basa and I am not eating any Norwegian salmon, either. I won't eat any fish that is frozen after caught and then shipped to China for cleaning and processing. A lot of that stuff is.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:The issue is that I dont use either word.  Neither describes my friends.
But you just did. And you used them for effect. Same reason I use them. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:When I order catfish out at restaurants, I always ask if it is Ameriucan farmed-raised catfish. I ain't eating Basa. If you order generic "fried fish," you likely are getting Vietnamese catfish. It is that way at the Shrimp Basket and also at one of Joe Patti's restaurants (the one on Nine Mile Rd.).

I am not eating Vietnamese Basa and I am not eating any Norwegian salmon, either. I won't eat any fish that is frozen after caught and then shipped to China for cleaning and processing. A lot of that stuff is.
What about the stuff that was in the link I provided? Do you discount all of that? If so, why?

Just in a reply to your use of the word. My way of defending my friends,

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Just in a reply to your use of the word.  My way of defending my friends,  
You don't really believe I'm speaking against them do you? Because if you believe that, then you believe I'm speaking against the people I call queers.

When I use the word "gook" or the word "queer", it's not so much that I'm mocking the people who use them who have hate (which is part of it).
But it's mainly so those people with the hate don't own the words.
When the words are used like I use them, and like you used them when you replied to me, then you and I both are taking some ownership of those words and when we do we dilute the power they possess.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But of course that only applies to those words.
I can't make the same excuse for all the fucks and shits and the rest.
I suppose that's just being potty mouth. lol

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Bob, you had a thread going with this same topic yesterday that I replied too regarding my first hand experience with Basa while in Vietnam.

Did you delete it? If so why?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ghost,

I have never and will never be involved in any kind of deleting or censorship.
I'm sorry but I'm not aware of what you're referring to. If it got deleted for any reason then it pisses me off as much as it does you.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Bob wrote:ghost,

I have never and will never be involved in any kind of deleting or censorship.
I'm sorry but I'm not aware of what you're referring to.  If it got deleted for any reason then it pisses me off as much as it does you.
My apologies sir. The thread that was on here yesterday was about both the Basa and the Swai, both a type of Vietnamese catfish. I wrong a response to it and today it had disappeared.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum