Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PkrBum and the Labor Force Participation Rate: Yes, it's that time again.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t18094-teotwawki-and-the-labor-force-participation-rate

OK, PkrBum.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

PkrBum and the Labor Force Participation Rate:  Yes, it's that time again. 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in PkrBum-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, PkrBum likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure PkrBum has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, PkrBum.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Please proceed, governor....

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SL.TLF.CACT.ZS?order=wbapi_data_value_2013+wbapi_data_value+wbapi_data_value-last&sort=desc

Our forum republicans have made it fairly clear that they feel that the LPR is the end all gauge of the labor market.  They're completely wrong about that, but that is still their belief in spite of reality.  Being that the case, we will simply have to accept the fact that our forum republicans view the labor market in this unusual, divorced-from-reality manner.  Fair enough.

So with that said, let's have a look at who the best labor markets are in the world based upon the LPR analysis that our forum republicans subscribe to.  These are the best labor markets - according to our forum republicans.

1.  Tanzania - 89%
2.  Madagascar - 89%
3.  Qatar - 87%
3.  Equatorial Guinea - 87%
4.  Zimbabwe - 87%
5.  Rwanda - 86%
6.  Eritrea - 85%
7.  Mozambique - 84%
8.  Etheopia - 84%
9.  Burkina Faso - 83%
10. Nepal - 83%

So there are the top 10 world labor markets based upon the method of analysis employed by our forum republicans.   Don't bother looking for the US in there, as we're way down the list in the early 100's range with the rest of the civilized world.

So there it is.  My question now, to our forum republicans, is what ideas do they have insofar as how we should adjust our economies to better mirror these countries above that have absolutely stellar LPRs?  Our forum republicans bring the LPR up each month after the BLS Employment Situation and ADP reports are released, so they clearly are under the belief that the LPR is the trump card with respect to labor market analysis.  

The floor is yours, forum republicans.  Let's here your ideas.  What do we need to do so that we can be more like Rwanda or Etheopia?

No... the point has always been that you ignore other indicators to fixate and affirm what you wish to believe. You should actually be one of the few here able to incorporate most of the data points to give an objective analysis. Do you help us by using your knowledge? No... you just run through your cheerleading routine that any idiot can read in the msm. Very useful comrade.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:No... the point has always been that you ignore other indicators to fixate and affirm what you wish to believe. You should actually be one of the few here able to incorporate most of the data points to give an objective analysis. Do you help us by using your knowledge? No... you just run through your cheerleading routine that any idiot can read in the msm. Very useful comrade.

I just gave you two posts that contain objective analysis.

Am I correct in assuming that you will be running away?  Is this simply one more instance in a mountainous pile of instances where a low information republican voter cites the LPR and then runs away?

PkrBum, you just cited the LPR in another thread.  I'm now trying to engage you on that subject.  I just gave you two posts with my opinion.  What is your opinion?  Can you put it into words?

Note that this isn't a trick question.  This isn't a trap.  I'm simply asking you, an adult, to share your own subjective political beliefs on a topic that you yourself brought up.  Can you find the words to string together to explain why you feel the LPR is important?

Let's hear it.  The floor is yours.  You are the next in a long line of republicans to bring this topic up.  None before you have been able to do anything but run away.  Let's see if you're any different.

Please proceed, governor...

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:No... the point has always been that you ignore other indicators to fixate and affirm what you wish to believe. You should actually be one of the few here able to incorporate most of the data points to give an objective analysis. Do you help us by using your knowledge? No... you just run through your cheerleading routine that any idiot can read in the msm. Very useful comrade.

Am I correct in assuming that you will be running away?  Is this simply one more instance in a mountainous pile of instances where a low information republican voter cites the LPR and then runs away?

PkrBum, you just cited the LPR in another thread.  I'm now trying to engage you on that subject.  I just gave you two posts with my opinion.  What is your opinion?  Can you put it into words?

Note that this isn't a trick question.  This isn't a trap.  I'm simply asking you, an adult, to share your own subjective political beliefs on a topic that you yourself brought up.  Can you find the words to string together to explain why you feel the LPR is important?

Let's hear it.  The floor is yours.  You are the next in a long line of republicans to bring this topic up.  None before you have been able to do anything but run away.  Let's see if you're any different.

Just an observation but if you want to interact with someone (an adult) it would probably help if YOU acted like an adult.

And actually PKR is correct in that you tend to focus on one thing when there are many data points used to compute the LMCI. It's not a bad idea to look at the big picture.

My interest in this subject is over.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Just an observation but if you want to interact with someone (an adult) it would probably help if YOU acted like an adult.

And actually PKR is correct in that you tend to focus on one thing when there are many data points used to compute the LMCI. It's not a bad idea to look at the big picture.

I see.  So the narrative is that I ignore the LPR?  Hmm.  That's some really well thought out analysis there from gatorfan and PkrDumb.  Yes.  It is actually me who refuses to discuss the LPR, not republicans.  I see.

Well, that's kinda odd, to me - at least.  From my perspective, I feel as if I have created many threads about this very subject in an attempt to directly engage nearly every single republican voter on this forum in discussion on that data point...to no avail.  Do you care to guess what happens each time I try to engage republicans on this subject, gatorfan?

"You're like...ignorning this data point...or something.   Why are you...like...ignoring the LPR, huh?!!?  Like...huh?!!?"

You realize that you're trying to make the case that I am ignoring the LPR...in a thread created by me...specifically about the LPR...that no republican voter will participate in, right?   Let me repeat that in case it isn't clear enough.  This very thread, the thread in which we are having this discussion, was created by me.  And this thread is specifically about the LPR.  Thus far, the only two responses from republicans haven't been to simply engage in discussion on the LPR, but instead those responses have suggested that it is actually me who is ignoring the LPR?  

Can you elaborate on that a bit?  I'm interested in hearing exactly what type of idiotic logic one would have to employ in order to buy into such a completely backwards narrative.  I mean, here I am trying to discuss the LPR.  I made my two entries.  It would seem that I am doing the exact opposite of ignoring the LPR, to anyone with an IQ north of Ranch dressing, at least.  But, clearly, you and PkrDumb disagree and feel that I am somehow ignoring this subject matter, so let's hear you explain how that works exactly.  How is it that you are arriving at such a conclusion given this very thread, and given the countless other threads that I have started on this very subject?

Let's hear it, gatorfan.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I see.  So the narrative is that I ignore the LPR?  Hmm.  That's some really well thought out analysis there from gatorfan and PkrDumb.  Yes.  It is actually me who refuses to discuss the LPR, not republicans.  I see.

Well, that's kinda odd, to me - at least.  From my perspective, I feel as if I have created many threads about this very subject in an attempt to directly engage nearly every single republican voter on this forum in discussion on that data point...to no avail.  Do you care to guess what happens each time I try to engage republicans on this subject, gatorfan?

"You're like...ignorning this data point...or something.   Why are you...like...ignoring the LPR, huh?!!?  Like...huh?!!?"

You realize that you're trying to make the case that I am ignoring the LPR...in a thread created by me...specifically about the LPR...that no republican voter will participate in, right?   Let me repeat that in case it isn't clear enough.  This very thread, the thread in which we are having this discussion, was created by me.  And this thread is specifically about the LPR.  Thus far, the only two responses from republicans haven't been to simply engage in discussion on the LPR, but instead those responses have suggested that it is actually me who is ignoring the LPR?  

Can you elaborate on that a bit?  I'm interested in hearing exactly what type of idiotic logic one would have to employ in order to buy into such a completely backwards narrative.  I mean, here I am trying to discuss the LPR.  I made my two entries.  It would seem that I am doing the exact opposite of ignoring the LPR, to anyone with an IQ north of Ranch dressing, at least.  But, clearly, you and PkrDumb disagree and feel that I am somehow ignoring this subject matter, so let's hear you explain how that works exactly.  How is it that you are arriving at such a conclusion given this very thread, and given the countless other threads that I have started on this very subject?

Let's hear it, gatorfan.

OK Moron, I didn't mention "LPR" - I stated a fact that you have proven over and over - you look at one little thing (OK, maybe 2) but ignore the 17 other data points comprising the LMCI - that's LMCI not LPR..........proceed child and continue playing with yourself. You are an exceedingly boring forum troll.

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Let's hear it, gatorfan.

OK Moron, I didn't mention "LPR" - I stated a fact that you have proven over and over - you look at one little thing (OK, maybe 2) but ignore the 17 other data points comprising the LMCI - that's LMCI not LPR..........proceed child and continue playing with yourself. You are an exceedingly boring forum troll.

Well what is it - specifically - that I am ignoring then?  You say that I'm ignoring something.  OK.  Can you identify what that "something" is?

I post threads about the unemployment rate, new jobless claims, job openings, layoffs, the monthly ADP report, the monthly BLS report, and - of course - countless threads about the LPR, the Challenger job cuts report, the Gallup good jobs index, weekly earnings, productivity fluctuations, etc, etc.

Can you specifically point to whatever it is that I'm ignoring here, or are you simply talking out of your ass?

And while you're thinking about that, I'll just point out that we still don't have any substantive response from neither you nor PkrBum. Neither one of you have effectively managed to address the underlying subject matter of this thread. As you ignore that very subject matter, ironically, you're spending your time telling me that it is actually me who is ignoring things here.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t18094-teotwawki-and-the-labor-force-participation-rate

OK, PkrBum.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

PkrBum and the Labor Force Participation Rate:  Yes, it's that time again. 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in PkrBum-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, PkrBum likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

[...]

Please proceed, governor....

FLAT OUT LIE!

The Labor Participation Rate is simply a tool to explain the artificially low FIVE PERCENT unemployment rate.

But kudos to you for slapping that lipstick on the pig.

As you know, Progressives point to the artificially moderate unemployment they love to brag about. Five is the new normal...pathetic but the Progressives are trying mightily to make it true.

The honest unemployment rate, as you know, is the U-6 unemployment rate. Care to post that rate?

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Let's hear it, gatorfan.

Well what is it - specifically - that I am ignoring then?  You say that I'm ignoring something.  OK.  Can you identify what that "something" is?

I post threads about the unemployment rate, new jobless claims, job openings, layoffs, the monthly ADP report, the monthly BLS report, and - of course - countless threads about the LPR, the Challenger job cuts report, the Gallup good jobs index, weekly earnings, productivity fluctuations, etc, etc.

Can you specifically point to whatever it is that I'm ignoring here, or are you simply talking out of your ass?

And while you're thinking about that, I'll just point out that we still don't have any substantive response from neither you nor PkrBum.  Neither one of you have effectively managed to address the underlying subject matter of this thread.  As you ignore that very subject matter, ironically, you're spending your time telling me that it is actually me who is ignoring things here.

Well I guess we're done here then!

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:

Well I guess we're done here then!

2seaoat

The first step to understand what you are talking about is to understand conceptually and factually what the labor participation rate is and how it has historically moved.

The funny thing is how in an unthinking and ignorant manner those who lack prerequisite knowledge can be manipulated by those who produce propaganda to try to explain economic stats and facts. It has been so much fun seeing those who know very little about economics trying to explain the importance of the labor participation rate, and now how Mr. Markle renders it down to the essence, which ignore all the economic data that the President has done a remarkable job pulling the American economy from the ditch........he and all the economic data are lies because over the eight years of his presidency the labor participation rate has changed by 3%.........yep folks......3% and therein for thinking people is the big ooooopppppps that those who lack the requisite knowledge have missed.........nor have they comprehended that most of us who are retired and participate on this forum are part of that oooppppps.

Your global warming hysteria is MUCH less that that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum