Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

barry: you cant change washington from the inside, only from the outside....????

+3
Sal
PBulldog2
Slicef18
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Yella

Yella

Lavern wrote:
Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

If you watched Morning Joe this A M you saw a film clip of Romney from when he was trying to get nominated earlier, I think it was 2007? I am not talented enough to capture the video of Romney saying the same exact words that Obama used recently.Does that mean Obama is a plagiarist or that Romney is waffling again?
It was revealed at 7:07 in the program. Romney said the same thing when he was campaigning in 2007 that he is now criticizing Obama for saying. That change can't come from the inside of Washington, it has to come from the outside.

Just more evidence that they're all reading from a script and it's all just rhetoric, yella. It's really no different than what we see in the script of a movie drama about a fake presidential election campaign. They will say anything that sounds good and it doesn't matter if it contradicts something they've said in the past because the audience for it now doesn't remember that.
It's all just a load of horseshit spewing from the mouths of actors. Orson Welles got it right when he told us "I've known politicians and I've known actors and politicians are really just actors."

I hope this settles your burning problem, Lavern, its just more of the statement changing that we see from Romney nearly every day. Can you imagine the problems he would have trying to change his view on something and then explaining it to other world leaders the next day? He is a far cry from being Presidential. He is becoming a bigger laughing stock every day.

yella,

I dont have a burning problem. When I was in clinicals I offered up my pee for the students to pratice on. They told me I had the cleanest pee they ever seen.

oh and Ive always said more than once here that we had a society issue.

But it was obama that made famous that if people elected him he would bring CHANGE. Now he is saying he cant CHANGE washington from the inside. Its a flip/back peddle/excuse no matter how you look at it.

and as far as romney goes. I still think he will do a better job at running the country. Is he a great speaker, maybe not. But thats not what I really look for in a leader. Talking well is not a qualification to run something.

Clean pee is good, stand proud, hoo-haw!

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Lavern wrote:
Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

If you watched Morning Joe this A M you saw a film clip of Romney from when he was trying to get nominated earlier, I think it was 2007? I am not talented enough to capture the video of Romney saying the same exact words that Obama used recently.Does that mean Obama is a plagiarist or that Romney is waffling again?
It was revealed at 7:07 in the program. Romney said the same thing when he was campaigning in 2007 that he is now criticizing Obama for saying. That change can't come from the inside of Washington, it has to come from the outside.

Just more evidence that they're all reading from a script and it's all just rhetoric, yella. It's really no different than what we see in the script of a movie drama about a fake presidential election campaign. They will say anything that sounds good and it doesn't matter if it contradicts something they've said in the past because the audience for it now doesn't remember that.
It's all just a load of horseshit spewing from the mouths of actors. Orson Welles got it right when he told us "I've known politicians and I've known actors and politicians are really just actors."

I hope this settles your burning problem, Lavern, its just more of the statement changing that we see from Romney nearly every day. Can you imagine the problems he would have trying to change his view on something and then explaining it to other world leaders the next day? He is a far cry from being Presidential. He is becoming a bigger laughing stock every day.

yella,

I dont have a burning problem. When I was in clinicals I offered up my pee for the students to pratice on. They told me I had the cleanest pee they ever seen.

oh and Ive always said more than once here that we had a society issue.

But it was obama that made famous that if people elected him he would bring CHANGE. Now he is saying he cant CHANGE washington from the inside. Its a flip/back peddle/excuse no matter how you look at it.

and as far as romney goes. I still think he will do a better job at running the country. Is he a great speaker, maybe not. But thats not what I really look for in a leader. Talking well is not a qualification to run something.

Clean pee is good, stand proud, hoo-haw!

yella, you gotta take your victories where you van get em. and right now, mine is having the cleanest pee Razz

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:
My reference to Coulter and what she said was meant to be nothing more than a symbol of what a thousand others on her side are also saying, Sal.
If it makes you feel any better, I don't even give a rat's turd, much less an ass, about what she and her ilk says either. But Coulter by herself was not the point I was making.

I know what your point was, Bob. It's the same one you always try to make - "both sides do it, so both sides suck equally".

But, because one side is far from perfect, does not make it the equal of the other side which has devolved into a cauldron of anti-intellectualism, bigotry, intolerance, and greed.

You're obviously an intelligent person. My point is that you should know better.
I agree completely with your assessment of the Republican party in its current incarnation. We all know it has been taken over by the ignorant and easily led tea party types. Yes, anti-science, anti-information, anti-reality about sums them up and they are taking the party over a cliff. As Lindsey Graham remarked: we're not making enough angry white people to maintain our party. Basically they will become extinct in their present form in a few decades but I imagine they'll reinvent themselves out of pure survival instinct before that happens.
As to members of congress wanting to keep their jobs, Bob, that is so true. If the people who vote in the tea party folks like that kind of counter productive behavior then we'll be stuck with this mess for a while longer. The solution is education and getting people to listen to real news instead of talk radio and the rest of the conservative propaganda machine.

lol... yes how very evil it is to think that taking 2+ trillion out of our economy should be plenty to run a responsible govt... and that the govt should make cuts now before the cuts are dictated to us as terms of our debt... yes radical. it's going to come as quite a surprise to the huddled masses and unions and occupy folks when the credit dries up. self delusion is not a strategy... bad ideas fail.

Bob wrote:
salinsky wrote:

You're obviously an intelligent person. My point is that you should know better.[/font]
If having the ability to be able to know which of these two political factions is superior to the other is a criterion for establishing one's level of intelligence, then I'm not as intelligent as you want to give me credit for.
But I'm not convinced that intelligence can be defined that way.

The definition of intelligence has always been a difficult thing for me to grasp, Sal. Mainly because that definition seems to be so subjective.

I don't agree you have to be intelligent to see what the republicans stand for so I don't know why people would be in a quandary about it?

PkrBum wrote:lol... yes how very evil it is to think that taking 2+ trillion out of our economy should be plenty to run a responsible govt... and that the govt should make cuts now before the cuts are dictated to us as terms of our debt... yes radical. it's going to come as quite a surprise to the huddled masses and unions and occupy folks when the credit dries up. self delusion is not a strategy... bad ideas fail.

they dont care about bad ideas as long as they win this football game. Thats all politics is to them, a game, a joke. something to yuk it up on SNL to thier other comedic news media sites LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum