Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

barry: you cant change washington from the inside, only from the outside....????

+3
Sal
PBulldog2
Slicef18
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

What the hell is the point of hiring you then?

what a dumbass. I thought people voted for people who were going to go to washington to change it. what was all that hope and CHANGE about?

Romney says he'll help him change it from the outside in Nov....

Laughing

Slicef18

Slicef18

Lavern wrote:What the hell is the point of hiring you then?

what a dumbass. I thought people voted for people who were going to go to washington to change it. what was all that hope and CHANGE about?

It appears you missed the point. The ranker that has developed between the Right and Left has reached a point of open hostility when congress is in session. Example: Social Security, when social security is discussed in congress (inside)cooperation grinds to a halt. However when the citizens of America say, "stop bickering and start funding social security or you'll no longer represent us"(outside) the politicians will vote to keep their job.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I am so impressed that our president has the insight to understand that it's the American people who will bring about change, not the Washington insiders.

I am also impressed that he has the guts to admit it.

Sal

Sal

PBulldog2 wrote:I am so impressed that our president has the insight to understand that it's the American people who will bring about change, not the Washington insiders.

I am also impressed that he has the guts to admit it.

barry: you cant change washington from the inside, only from the outside....???? Tumblr_ma7widSnai1qzwelr

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

President Obama stated the obvious. The power in this country has always resided with the people. Go back through history and note the mass protests that have ended wars and expanded civil rights.

The thing is... the people, for the most part, don't fully realize how much power they/we have. What scares the big boys out of their wits is the fear that the masses will wake up, get organized, turn out and get things moving in their direction.

The rich and powerful are very accustomed to running the show and to think they'd have to take ordinary people into the mix should keep them up nights.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"I thought people voted for people who were going to go to washington to change it?

"stop bickering and start funding social security or you'll no longer represent us"

"the politicians will vote to keep their job."

Social security recipients only care about one thing which is to have as much benefits as they can get and maintain that for the remainder of their lives (I know because I'm one of them and that's what I want too).
We will vote to re-elect our congresscritter if he supports that. We will vote to replace our congresscritter if he does not support that. And our congresscritters know this.
If there was a Bible of Politics, that would be referred to as "The First Commandment". If politics was Star Trek, that would be referred to as "The Prime Directive".

So how do we "make it so" as Captain Picard would say?
The simple answer is "as much money has to be put into SS as it taken out of it". That's what we call "The Law of Arithmetic".
We can accomplish that with borrowed money or by printing more worthless currency. But we can only do that for so long before the God of Arithmetic gets pissed and smites us all. And the smart money will probably bet on that being the eventual outcome because he's already smitten the Greeks.
No democrat political rhetoric and no republican political rhetoric will change the Arithmetic God's mind. And the Arithmetic God is not fooled by either democrat or republican smoke and mirrors.
Not enough people in America believe in the Arithmetic God. What we need is an Arithmetic evangelist who can win more non-believers to Arithmeticism. Without that, we're fucked. And the democrat and republican atheists are not going to save our souls. They're false prophets.

Last edited by Bob on 9/21/2012, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Sure. Now its power to the people.

All that elect me and Im going the CHANGE things in washington are over.

It appears the people have failed terribly.

We should fire the people.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lavern wrote:Sure. Now its power to the people.

All that elect me and Im going the CHANGE things in washington are over.

It appears the people have failed terribly.

We should fire the people.
Now you're getting it.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Bob, I don't know if your comment was directed at my post or not but what I was thinking in terms of was much more than just voting. I was thinking about email petitions or campaigns that took people to the streets or letter writing, phone calling.
I was also thinking in much broader terms than just one issue like SS.

We need to force them to work together by applying pressure in the form of public opinion although some voting out of office is obviously necessary too since as we all know the approval rating of congress is in the sub-basement and they still act like numbskulls.

They need to work together to find ways of reducing the debt, building infrastructure, getting rid of corporate targeted tax expenditures, etc.

In other words the congress needs to start working for the people to get positive things done and the people are the only force that can make that happen. Congress just hopes we won't discover that.

if y'all are so worried about ss and the elderly and the poor... why aren't y'all mad about the obama federal reserve printings? that's a tax that hits them the hardest... forget all the crap about "saving the economy"... look at the results.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

othershoe1030 wrote:Bob, I don't know if your comment was directed at my post or not but what I was thinking in terms of was much more than just voting. I was thinking about email petitions or campaigns that took people to the streets or letter writing, phone calling.
I was also thinking in much broader terms than just one issue like SS.

We need to force them to work together by applying pressure in the form of public opinion although some voting out of office is obviously necessary too since as we all know the approval rating of congress is in the sub-basement and they still act like numbskulls.

They need to work together to find ways of reducing the debt, building infrastructure, getting rid of corporate targeted tax expenditures, etc.

In other words the congress needs to start working for the people to get positive things done and the people are the only force that can make that happen. Congress just hopes we won't discover that.
There is a widespread myth in our country. That myth is that the Congress doesn't do what the voters want.
The only way a Congressman can stay in office is if he gets enough voters to vote for him. So why would a Congressman do what the people don't want? I've never observed Congressmen to be masochists who want to lose their cushy jobs. What I have observed is that the vast majority of Congressmen want to keep those cushy jobs for as long as they can.
That would be The Second Commandment of politics.

So to get a more realistic view of our conundrum, we need to start looking in our mirrors as much as we look at the Congressmen on tv.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And by the way, no one is more responsible for maintaining the aforementioned myth than "the media".
"The media" is the falsest prophet of them all. "The media" never questions a goddamn thing "the people" think, say or do. Never. In the mind of "the media", "the people" are always right.
"The media" is like Jimmy Swaggart and Jimmy Faye Baker. It just keeps winning more souls to Bullshit'ism (the real Lucifer).

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:And by the way, no one is more responsible for maintaining the aforementioned myth than "the media".
"The media" is the falsest prophet of them all. "The media" never questions a goddamn thing "the people" think, say or do. Never. In the mind of "the media", "the people" are always right.
"The media" is like Jimmy Swaggart and Jimmy Faye Baker. It just keeps winning more souls to Bullshit'ism (the real Lucifer).

If you watched Morning Joe this A M you saw a film clip of Romney from when he was trying to get nominated earlier, I think it was 2007? I am not talented enough to capture the video of Romney saying the same exact words that Obama used recently.Does that mean Obama is a plagiarist or that Romney is waffling again?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

If you watched Morning Joe this A M you saw a film clip of Romney from when he was trying to get nominated earlier, I think it was 2007? I am not talented enough to capture the video of Romney saying the same exact words that Obama used recently.Does that mean Obama is a plagiarist or that Romney is waffling again?
I was at the yard sales and missed it this morning. They put some of the segments on their website later on so I'll try to find it and see what he said.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

It was revealed at 7:07 in the program. Romney said the same thing when he was campaigning in 2007 that he is now criticizing Obama for saying. That change can't come from the inside of Washington, it has to come from the outside.

Just more evidence that they're all reading from a script and it's all just rhetoric, yella. It's really no different than what we see in the script of a movie drama about a fake presidential election campaign. They will say anything that sounds good and it doesn't matter if it contradicts something they've said in the past because the audience for it now doesn't remember that.
It's all just a load of horseshit spewing from the mouths of actors. Orson Welles got it right when he told us "I've known politicians and I've known actors and politicians are really just actors."

Sal

Sal

I'll give a pass to the ignorant Americans who refuse to pay attention to politics and are myopically focused on their lives, or pop culture, or whatever. That's unfortunate but understandable. If you do, on the other hand, pay attention to American politics, and cannot identify and expound upon the pathologies of the modern day GOP, you should immediately and permanently lose your right to vote.

The GOP has spent the last two years working on two projects with unflagging energy - forcing unwanted probes up women's vaginas and disenfranchising minorities. The modern GOP is xenophobic, hyper-nationalistic, in constant search of scapegoats, and intent on embroiling us in ill-considered wars. They are a party that is obsessed with fecundity, that is obsessed with the racial purity of the country, and that is completely in bed with the corporate industrialists that fund them.

I can forgive people who do not recognize the unprecedented danger the modern GOP poses to our country and the world, but I cannot forgive people who are totally cognizant of that danger and nonetheless say "to hell with both parties." Those people are worse than ostriches. They are enablers.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You and your side have no monopoly on that belief, Sal.

Ann Coulter said: "You're either a democrat or a republican if you have an IQ above a toaster". Actually she used the words liberal and conservative but they're now interchangeable with democrat and republican so it's six of one and half dozen of the other.
She looks at it all like you do, Sal. And she sees those who aren't either as being "worse than ostriches" same as you do. Except for her, we're "people who cannot identify and expound upon the pathologies of the modern democrat party". That's why she thinks "we should lose our right to vote" too.

And it's because of so many people like you and her both that I have no other choices to vote for.

lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:You and your side have no monopoly on that belief, Sal.

Ann Coulter said: "You're either a democrat or a republican if you have an IQ above a toaster". Actually she used the words liberal and conservative but they're now interchangeable with democrat and republican so it's six of one and half dozen of the other.
She looks at it all like you do, Sal. And she sees those who aren't either as being "worse than ostriches" same as you do. Except for her, we're "people who cannot identify and expound upon the pathologies of the modern democrat party". That's why she thinks "we should lose our right to vote" too.

And it's because of so many people like you and her both that I have no other choices to vote for.

lol

I couldn't give a rat's ass what Coulter says about anything, Bob. And, there are many areas where I'm not in agreement with the Democratic party.

But, I recognize there's only one political party currently in operation that is anti-science (from requiring doctors to give fictitious medical advice to women seeking abortions, to injecting creationist nonsense into schools, to denying climate change), and hence denies reality almost as a point of pride. There's only one party that wants to deregulate everything under the sun in the name of "freedom," except a woman's control over her own body. There's only one party whose supporters ignore huge deficits run up during Republican administrations and then run around screaming that deficits are the greatest threat facing our nation during Democratic administrations. There's only one side that believes that tax cuts somehow magically increase tax revenues.

The Democrats suck in many ways. But, the modern day GOP represents an ideology that spreads ignorance and intolerance and anti-intellectualism and militarism and violence. It simply no longer has any redeeming qualities. If you recognize all these problems and tendencies, you forfeit the right to adopt an indifferent attitude about the elections.

Last edited by salinsky on 9/21/2012, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

It was revealed at 7:07 in the program. Romney said the same thing when he was campaigning in 2007 that he is now criticizing Obama for saying. That change can't come from the inside of Washington, it has to come from the outside.

Just more evidence that they're all reading from a script and it's all just rhetoric, yella. It's really no different than what we see in the script of a movie drama about a fake presidential election campaign. They will say anything that sounds good and it doesn't matter if it contradicts something they've said in the past because the audience for it now doesn't remember that.
It's all just a load of horseshit spewing from the mouths of actors. Orson Welles got it right when he told us "I've known politicians and I've known actors and politicians are really just actors."

I hope this settles your burning problem, Lavern, its just more of the statement changing that we see from Romney nearly every day. Can you imagine the problems he would have trying to change his view on something and then explaining it to other world leaders the next day? He is a far cry from being Presidential. He is becoming a bigger laughing stock every day.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

VectorMan

VectorMan

Yeah, that Obama fella is a real "gutsy" guy! LOL

He can help change things with hope from the "outside" come November.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

salinsky wrote:I couldn't give a rat's ass what Coulter says about anything
My reference to Coulter and what she said was meant to be nothing more than a symbol of what a thousand others on her side are also saying, Sal.
If it makes you feel any better, I don't even give a rat's turd, much less an ass, about what she and her ilk says either. But Coulter by herself was not the point I was making.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
My reference to Coulter and what she said was meant to be nothing more than a symbol of what a thousand others on her side are also saying, Sal.
If it makes you feel any better, I don't even give a rat's turd, much less an ass, about what she and her ilk says either. But Coulter by herself was not the point I was making.

I know what your point was, Bob. It's the same one you always try to make - "both sides do it, so both sides suck equally".

But, because one side is far from perfect, does not make it the equal of the other side which has devolved into a cauldron of anti-intellectualism, bigotry, intolerance, and greed.

You're obviously an intelligent person. My point is that you should know better.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

salinsky wrote:

You're obviously an intelligent person. My point is that you should know better.[/font]
If having the ability to be able to know which of these two political factions is superior to the other is a criterion for establishing one's level of intelligence, then I'm not as intelligent as you want to give me credit for.
But I'm not convinced that intelligence can be defined that way.

The definition of intelligence has always been a difficult thing for me to grasp, Sal. Mainly because that definition seems to be so subjective.

Yella wrote:
Bob wrote:
Yella wrote:

I hope this settles your burning problem, Lavern, its just more of the statement changing that we see from Romney nearly every day. Can you imagine the problems he would have trying to change his view on something and then explaining it to other world leaders the next day? He is a far cry from being Presidential. He is becoming a bigger laughing stock every day.

yella,

I dont have a burning problem. When I was in clinicals I offered up my pee for the students to pratice on. They told me I had the cleanest pee they ever seen.

oh and Ive always said more than once here that we had a society issue.

But it was obama that made famous that if people elected him he would bring CHANGE. Now he is saying he cant CHANGE washington from the inside. Its a flip/back peddle/excuse no matter how you look at it.

and as far as romney goes. I still think he will do a better job at running the country. Is he a great speaker, maybe not. But thats not what I really look for in a leader. Talking well is not a qualification to run something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum