Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now that charges are being filed against Bill Cosby, what will be the reaction of most African Americans?

+3
Markle
Wordslinger
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

They will...

Now that charges are being filed against Bill Cosby,  what will be the reaction of most African Americans? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Now that charges are being filed against Bill Cosby,  what will be the reaction of most African Americans? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Now that charges are being filed against Bill Cosby,  what will be the reaction of most African Americans? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap100%Now that charges are being filed against Bill Cosby,  what will be the reaction of most African Americans? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 100% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:I'm not so sure the 'Cos is really guilty of anything at all.

"The Cos" admitted in a sworn deposition that he bought seven prescriptions for quaaludes with the intention of giving them to women he wanted to have sex with.
And 55 women are saying that's what happened to them.
What more do you want?

Do you dismiss rape when anyone does it?  Or just when it's "The Cos" or some other celebrity?

Lots of people were taking ludes back in the day.  It was a big party drug.  And lots of women have sex with men in order to get drugs.   Lots of women sleep with men just because they are a celebrity, rich & powerful, or perhaps can help them out in some way career-wise.   (Consider Monica Lewinski  & Slick Willy as just one notable example)

It all comes down to how the woman decides to characterize how the event went down ... vs ... how it actually went down.   Or how they later convince themselves (or become convinced by someone) it went down.

Ever buy a woman a drink in hopes of getting her in bed later?  If a man lays a joint out on the coffee table and a woman decides to partake & later they sleep together .... is it "rape?"

Or how about ecstasy?   That seems to be the big thing nowadays.   Lots of girls sleeping with guys willingly taking ecstasy nowadays.  Is it rape?

A lot of guys buy dope with the specific intent of helping them get laid.  It's a pretty well known fact women don't have to buy drugs if they're willing to sleep with someone for them.  Add the celebrity factor & the possibility of getting a leg-up on one's career & you've got a perfect storm for a sexual liaison.

Young men have been plying women with alcohol for centuries in order to get them to lower their inhibitions enough to hop in the sack with them.  Is this all rape?

No ... I wasn't there.  I don't know if the 'Cos slipped drugs in their drinks ... or if they took them willingly.   Considering who he is, I wouldn't think he'd have to slip drugs in any woman's drink.   It's a she-said, he-said sort of thing.  

I'm thinking it's as likely as not this is a bunch of false made-up "trauma" on the part of these women.   It's likely they were not so much actually "traumatized" by their liaison with Cosby as it is they've later convinced themselves (or been convinced by someone else) they were "traumatized/victimized."

How many women have a multitude of rock stars had after-party drug fueled sex with?   Is that all "rape?"    I guess that will be the next group of women Gloria Allred will be trying to round up for her list of future blackmail/lawsuits ... rock stars.  

You know this whole thing started as a huge blackmail/lawsuit don't you?  It was all to be hushed up so long as Cosby paid off.   When the 'Cos attorneys gave Allred's attorneys the cold-shoulder on it ... that's when they went public.

So ... what I'm saying here is not that he's "not guilty" ... but I'm not being so fast to jump on the popular media-fueled bandwagon that he's "guilty" either.

I can tell you one thing .... if the 'Cos weren't a celebrity with a bazillion dollars for Gloria Allred & these women to try & get their hooks into, they probably wouldn't be thinking twice about what happened.  They would just be writing it off as a regretful sexual escapade of their foolish youth.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Cos was one of the handsomest, funniest and most powerful men in the showbiz world back then...all very enticing to women....especially those in or wanting to be in the business he was in..Hollywood/television/entertainment. Maybe he was kinky. Of course for some women that was also a plus....I am pretty sure there would be starlets lined up fighting to sleep with him even today if he could stay awake, even if he couldn't....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ya'll have changed my mind.  I take it all back.  Those women were lucky that such an important sexy good looking man was willing to let them have sex with him.  Hell I'm just jealous because I wish he woulda let me have sex with him too.  I'm ashamed for all the things I said.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Cos was one of the handsomest, funniest and most powerful men in the showbiz world...

Looks like he's in full agreement with you...

Cosby told NBC, “What you’ll see tonight is history, you’ll get to see me on stage.”  “You will see this wonderful gift on stage tonight [at the show] as well as the people of Denver,” he said. “You will see a master at work".

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Cos was one of the handsomest, funniest and most powerful men in the showbiz world...

Cosby told NBC, “What you’ll see tonight is history, you’ll get to see me on stage.”  “You will see this wonderful gift on stage tonight [at the show] as well as the people of Denver,” he said. “You will see a master at work".

I left out confidence....women like that also....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I used to listen to a lot of local talk radio,  wordslinger,  and I was listening to it back then. 
Invariably when the whites called in to bitch about OJ being a murderer,  local black people would always call in to challenge that and insist that he was innocent.
Exactly the same as with Michael Jackson.

Still happens today with Michael Jackson, folks worship him and ignore the fact that he was a serial pedophile. Shameful.

More blacks than not either hated or disliked Bill Cosby. He was always very outspoken that the plight of poor blacks was their own fault, that there were far too many children being born without fathers in the home.

Markle

Markle

EmeraldGhost wrote:I'm not so sure the 'Cos is really guilty of anything at all.

He said he was guilty.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Bob wrote:

I left out confidence....women like that also....

Well let's ask the forum women for an opinion?

Women of the forum,  do you like big blowhards like this character and Trump?  Is that what turns you on sexually?

2seaoat

Trump and Crosby.....being compared......please take a step away from the TV Bob. Pick up a book and read.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  that turn off the tv and pick up a book stuff is really corny.  About like that rapist comedian's jokes.

2seaoat

You live in a Walter Mitty make believe world fueled by tv and your fantasies. Pick up a book and maybe your imagination will be quelled for a spell.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat,  do you ever actually think about anything you write here before you write it?
Walter Mitty was a character in a fucking book.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The tv show creation,  seaoat,  was the fucking corny-ass comedian that is the subject of the thread.  lol

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Cosby Testimony Puts '70s Party Drug Quaaludes Back in News

Before there was Molly there was the quaalude, the most popular party drug of the 1970s.

It was also, as we now know, the one Bill Cosby kept on hand to give to young women he wanted to have sex with.

In 10-year-old testimony uncovered this week, Cosby said he would offer the drug "the same as a person would say, 'Have a drink.'"

He never tried to sneak any of it into someone's drink, he added, as many others did during those years. But when asked whether a woman who accused him of drugging and sexually assaulting her in 1976 could have resisted him while on quaaludes, he replied, "I don't know."

One thing is certain. The drug, outlawed in the United States since 1982, was hugely popular 40 years ago. People routinely swallowed it with their drinks at nightclubs from coast to coast.

The 13-year-old girl with whom Roman Polanski pleaded guilty to having unlawful sexual intercourse in 1977 said the Oscar-winning director plied her with champagne and half a quaalude before raping her at Jack Nicholson's house. Polanski fled to France in 1978 to avoid a long prison sentence and continues to live there as a fugitive.

Holly Madison, in her recently published memoir, "Down the Rabbit Hole: Curious Adventures and Cautionary Tales of a Former Playboy Bunny," writes that Hugh Hefner once offered her a handful of quaaludes.

"'Usually, I don't approve of drugs, but you know, in the '70s they used to call these pills thigh openers,'" she says he told her. Hefner has declined to discuss Madison's book.

At one point during Cosby's testimony for a lawsuit he eventually settled out of court, he said he had seven different prescriptions for quaaludes. He got them by asking his doctor for some, he said. The doctor asked him if he had a "bad back or anything," and Cosby said yes.

But Cosby said in the deposition that he wanted them for non-medical reasons. "Quaaludes happen to be the drug that kids, young people were using to party with and there were times when I wanted to have them just in case," he said.

The drug, synthesized in the 1950s, was originally intended as an anti-malarial treatment, says James Adams, associate professor at the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy. When doctors discovered what a great painkiller and sleep aid it appeared to be, they prescribed it for that instead.

Soon, people discovered that it also released sexual inhibitions, particularly in men, and that when mixed with alcohol it produced a mellow euphoria. It also made it difficult if not impossible for an intoxicated woman to resist a man's advances.

As it spread through the hippie culture and then into the bars and private parties of the hipster crowd, bootleg versions known as "ludes" began to flood the streets. Doctors who prescribed it began to be seen as pariahs.

"Quaalude accounted for less than 2 percent of our sales but created 98 percent of our headaches," the chairman of the William H. Rorer pharmaceuticals company told The Associated Press in 1981, three years after the company sold its rights to make the drug. The following year the Food and Drug Administration banned it in the United States.

It's still legal with a prescription in Mexico, but until Cosby's testimony it seemed to have become the forgotten party drug among American millennials. Save for those fans of the 2013 film "The Wolf of Wall Street," whose anti-hero, Leonardo diCaprio's Jordan Belfort, was wildly addicted to it.

"Party drugs go in and out of favor," Adams says. "They come and go in waves. MDMA is another drug from the '60s that used to be really popular and went out of popularity and then came back."

These days it's known as Molly.
http://www.edgenewyork.com/entertainment/celebrities/news//181379/cosby_testimony_puts_'70s_party_drug_quaaludes_back_in_news_

If Cosby's guilty of "rape" simply for offering a lude to a woman who willingly/voluntarily accepted it .... they later had sex .... then probably so are tens of millions of other American men and countless more worldwide.   Heck ... hundreds of millions throughout the history of Western civilization.

If Cosby had been just a little bit less than honest during that deposition about the ludes .... this wouldn't even be happening.   A bit naive if you ask me.  Just goes to show ... honesty doesn't always pay.

Now I don't know what actually happened in each & every one of these situations .... I wasn't there.   It's he said/she said at this point.   I do know 'ludes were a big party drug back then.  Just like alcohol, pot, ecstasy, and a lot of other things.   And some of these womens' memories may be a bit colored by the passage of time as well as to what happened and did not happen during their sexual encounter with Cosby.  Some of them may be remembering it the way it serves them best psychologically to remember it.   Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.   Cosby himself probably doesn't even remember many of these women, or maybe some of them only vaguely ..... how do you defend yourself against that?

But the court of public opinion has already convicted the man ... pardon me if I'm just not so quick to do so.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:
But the court of public opinion has already convicted the man ... pardon me if I'm just not so quick to do so.

Counselor,  you have actually made a very good argument and I'll tell you what,  how about this for a compromise.

I'm willing to withhold any more judgement on this until the verdict is reached.  And I will accept the verdict be it guilty or not guilty.
The question is,  are you willing to accept the verdict too?  Even if the verdict is "The Cos" is guilty?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Counselor,  you have actually made a very good argument and I'll tell you what,  how about this for a compromise.

I'm willing to withhold any more judgement on this until the verdict is reached.  And I will accept the verdict be it guilty or not guilty.
The question is,  are you willing to accept the verdict too?  Even if the verdict is "The Cos" is guilty?

Can we go looting afterwards ?....hope it isn't raining...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No but we can all meet at David's for some catfish.  Dutch.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum