Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I guess it's legal to run over dog walkers. No charges filed?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.weartv.com//news/features/top-stories/stories/reaction-neighbors-friends-react-pedestrian-death-30293.shtml

No charges filed. Why not?

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- A crash that killed a pedestrian on Creighton Road this morning in Pensacola is under investigation. The victim was a former professor at Pensacola State College.

67 year-old Lawrence Gardner died after being hit by a pick-up truck at about 8:30 am. He had been walking his dog near the Summer Lakes subdivision where he lived.
Reaction from people who knew the victim.
Say Larry Gardner was walking his dog this way, westbound on Creighton, when a pick-up truck drove onto the shoulder and hit him.
No charges have been filed

2seaoat

lets criminalize accidents.......but assuming you are correct and the driver did something wrong which would require criminal charges......maybe they need some time to investigate. Sadly, a dog or person leading the other into the street can be impossible to anticipate.......sometimes people can die where the driver is not at fault.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

2seaoat wrote:lets criminalize accidents.......but assuming you are correct and the driver did something wrong which would require criminal charges......maybe they need some time to investigate. Sadly, a dog or person leading the other into the street can be impossible to anticipate.......sometimes people can die where the driver is not at fault.

The driver drove on to the shoulder and killed him.
Not on the street. The shoulder. In broad daylight.

People walk in the road all the time. You risk your life when you do that especially around curves.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Was the man walking on the left, facing traffic like he was supposed to?

Pedestrians in my neighborhood like to walk line abreast on the right side of the road, with their backs to oncoming traffic. They expect cars to go around them, and will get irate if you honk to warn them of your approach. They are not only law-breakers, they are also stupid. The crisp spring air seems to bring a lot of stupid walkers into the streets.

...Then there were these teens who would walk down the middle of the street purposely obstructing cars. I would pull up right behind this one punk, and blast him good with my horn. He would jump like a scared rabbit, give me a dirty look, but would then move out of the way to let me pass...

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 3/23/2013, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:People walk in the road all the time. You risk your life when you do that especially around curves.

I hope you walk in the road.

Markle

Markle

gulfbeachbandit wrote:http://www.weartv.com//news/features/top-stories/stories/reaction-neighbors-friends-react-pedestrian-death-30293.shtml

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- A crash that killed a pedestrian on Creighton Road this morning in Pensacola is under investigation. The victim was a former professor at Pensacola State College.

67 year-old Lawrence Gardner died after being hit by a pick-up truck at about 8:30 am. He had been walking his dog near the Summer Lakes subdivision where he lived.
Say Larry Gardner was walking his dog this way, westbound on Creighton, when a pick-up truck drove onto the shoulder and hit him.

You seem to insist on skipping a critically important part of the story. Why?

From your source and in your own post.

"Creighton Road was closed for about three hours after the incident.
No charges have been filed.
The cause of the crash is under investigation."

Which do you prefer. That the investigation be haphazard or correctly?

Last edited by Markle on 3/23/2013, 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quotation marks)

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Markle wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:http://www.weartv.com//news/features/top-stories/stories/reaction-neighbors-friends-react-pedestrian-death-30293.shtml

Do you run over people on the shoulder of the road?

Markle

Markle

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Markle wrote:

It is good that we have someone here who is already aware of all the facts leading to the crash.

I take it that you prefer a halfarsed investigation than one done properly.

Why do you NOT want a proper investigation?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Markle wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Markle wrote:

It is good that we have someone here who is already aware of all the facts leading to the crash.

A man is dead. Another man drove on the shoulder and killed him.
Normal people don't drive on the shoulder.
And I do not think there is any such thing as an accident. It's always someones fault.

If he was drunk he'll get about 20yrs, if he was on a cell phone it's only a $166. citation.. There's a decent shoulder there and I doubt the guy was walking too close to the road if he did it often.. I think speed was involved too by the damage done to the truck, it's only 35MPH there..

Markle

Markle

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Markle wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Markle wrote:

A man is dead. Another man drove on the shoulder and killed him.
Normal people don't drive on the shoulder.
And I do not think there is any such thing as an accident. It's always someones fault.

I hope you're never on a jury, for anyone. For anyone to say there is no such thing as an accident, that it's always someone's fault is simply foolish.

Have you notified police of your completed investigation supported by all the video's of the crash in action?

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

I hope you're never on a jury, for anyone. For anyone to say there is no such thing as an accident, that it's always someone's fault is simply foolish.

Have you notified police of your completed investigation supported by all the video's of the crash in action?

Gawd dammit, you're completely and unequivocally correct.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:People walk in the road all the time. You risk your life when you do that especially around curves.

I hope you walk in the road.

No, I have a car but if I did I hope it would be you coming to run me over. I'm very good at shooting through windshields and one less loser in this world would be great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum