Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

As Obama goes after guns...Federal machine-gun ban under legal challenge

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/federal-machine-gun-ban-under-legal-challenge/

“Heller said no such thing,” the brief explains. “Rather, Heller confirmed that the Second Amendment secures a right of the people to possess the arms necessary for self-defense and a citizens militia in defense against tyranny.”

Another case that was cited, Marzzaarella, also claimed that an even earlier case, Miller, “held that short-barreled shotguns are unprotected.”

But, the brief explains, the Miller case said the court had no evidence in its possession to comment on the Second Amendment’s applicability regarding such a weapon.

“There is a vast difference between not being able to say that something is so, and saying that something is not so,” the brief points out.

Further, the U.S. Supreme Court has not said that machine guns are outside the scope of the Second Amendment.

Neither of the two significant rulings on the issue said “that ‘ordinary military equipment’ like an M16 is not protected by the Second Amendment,” the brief said.

“Rather, a fair reading of Heller would support the proposition that such ordinary military equipment is protected and, further, that it is not the only type of arm that is protected. Indeed, Heller notes that in the founding era, the same weapons were used for militia service in defense of the ‘free state,’ for private self-defense, and even for hunting, and other purposes.”

It continued, “Heller explained that the Second Amendment protects more than ordinary military equipment, and it is a ‘startling reading’ of Heller to twist the passage to support the opposite proposition, as the district court does.”

In fact, the Supreme Court in Heller said, “We do not undertake an exhaustive historial analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment.”

The result?

“Under Heller, all bearable arms (like the M-16) are ‘prima facie’ protected,” the brief said.

Obama repeatedly has called for more and more gun restrictions. After the Sandy Hook massacre at a grade school by a crazed gunman, a plan of restrictions and limits was introduced in Congress. It failed.

2seaoat

Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions on the commercial sale of arms.

Sorry Congress can set conditions on the sale of guns in America. The Heller decision is clear.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The second amendment is not to be interpreted it is to be enforced by those who swore an oath to it

2seaoat

The second amendment is not to be interpreted it is to be enforced by those who swore an oath to it

The Supreme Court disagrees with the internet guy who is a constitutional scholar.

The first amendment has a history of restrictions on the rights enumerated.
The second amendment has a history of restrictions on the rights enumerated.
The third amendment specifically calls for modification by law.
The fourth amendment exclusions are numerous
the fifth amendment has allowed takings for public purposes which are questionable
the sixth amendment has been expanded beyond its intent.
the seventh amendment has restrictions where a jury is not allowed.
the eighth amendment is a joke of changes which allow cruel punishment
the ninth amendment has been expanded beyond its intent privacy rights?
the tenth amendment has been excepted to death....

Sorry T, the constitution is interpreted by the Supreme Court and the bill of rights has been fluid where it grows or shrinks by the actions of congress and the interpretations of the Supreme Court.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah I remember Lincoln disregarded the 1st amendment and jailed anyone that printed anything against his little war against the south. You and him are fellows in criminal behavior and disregard for the law...

Wilson did that too... my personal least favorite president.

2seaoat

Damn, I am honored to be thrown in with my hero Lincoln....our greatest President. You are a captive of a childish paradigm of perfection when nothing close to that exists in a modern constitutional government. I bet you were in fifth grade before you quit believing in Santa......ooooppps....you may still believe.

No... you are much closer to wilson.

2seaoat

No... you are much closer to wilson.

Nope....I am geographically much closer to Lincoln right now.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions on the commercial sale of arms.

Sorry Congress can set conditions on the sale of guns in America.  The Heller decision is clear.

Would you please show us where "no gun, safe zones" have stopped mass shootings.

Better yet, show us the list of mass shootings which took place where citizens were allowed to carry weapons.

2seaoat

Talk to Scalia........I personally love gun free zones. I grew up with guns being a major part of my youth with every sunday after church being spent with my mother and father at his gun club shooting. I started shooting at five. I guess being around guns my entire life, I just did not see scared people carrying guns........it was the exception. I understand a gun in your home. No problem. I understand hunting. I just do not get being so scared that you get a conceal and carry permit.......sorry.....do not get it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Your incredible lack of understanding why someone might Carry a concealed weapon should in no way alter or make less others rights to carry. I don't understand mothers killing their children but I have no right to stop it. I guess like you I can just act all surprised that anyone would do it.

He has no qualms infringing the rights of law abiding citizens for the fairytale delusion of safety that felons follow laws.

That takes conditioning... it's not normal unless the unspoken/subversive end goal is gun confiscation. A very useful idiot.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I can't wait till America has a machine gun behind every blade of grass...

2seaoat

I can't wait till America has a machine gun behind every blade of grass...

Not enough wussies to buy them. There are actually some courageous brave Americans who find this fear and man eating Muslims nonsense funny. Small scared aging fools.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:I can't wait till America has a machine gun behind every blade of grass...

Not enough wussies to buy them.  There are actually some courageous brave Americans who find this fear and man eating Muslims nonsense funny.  Small scared aging fools.

Au contraire

Firearms Top American Christmas Lists
'Dear Santa, please bring me a gun'

Figures for November show that the FBI carried out some 2.2 million background checks on potential sales of guns.

The figure constitutes a 24 percent increase on figures recorded this time last year, and is the seventh consecutive month to see a record number of checks.

As we previously noted, on Black Friday, a record 185,345 background checks were processed by the FBI.

In October, the FBI carried out 1,976,759 Instant Background Checks.

While the figures do not represent a one to one calculation for gun sales, they are considered a reliable indicator of overall gun sales. Sales between private parties are not subject to background checks.

FBI stats also show that almost 20 million firearms related checks have been carried out in 2015, with one month still to be calculated, the overall figure should surpass 2013’s record of 21,09,273 checks.

Gun sales and concealed carry permit applications in the US have continued to spike in the days following the terror attacks in Paris, and San Bernardino, according to gun store owners.

Progressive controls victimize the law abiding constitutional citizen. Just another step to strip the bill of rights.

The real problem is very specific... it's large inner cities. Do we really want to solve problems... or not?

2seaoat

Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I always remember a gun in the house...a shotgun that was used for hunting. I remember being at the country church (the one my GGF built) and being upset because my dad wouldn't let me shoot skeet. I think I was 10.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Talk to Scalia........I personally love gun free zones.  I grew up with guns being a major part of my youth with every sunday after church being spent with my mother and father at his gun club shooting.  I started shooting at five.   I guess being around guns my entire life, I just did not see scared people carrying guns........it was the exception.  I understand a gun in your home.  No problem.  I understand hunting.   I just do not get being so scared that you get a conceal and carry permit.......sorry.....do not get it.

Why do you love gun free killing zones for your family and loved ones?

2seaoat

Why do you love gun free killing zones for your family and loved ones?

Because people are safe. The exception is not the rule. People are much safer in gun free zones than they are in the general public, but for the slow witted a few die, and the propagandist try to hide the truth. Columbine had two armed guards.....no gun free zone, yet across America schools remain overwelmingly safe, but for the cowards and fools who think that having thirty people firing at each other in a movie theater is a ticket to safety.....I will take my chances in a gun free zone.....you go ahead and take a walk the streets in Pensacola after dark......no gun free zones there.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Why do you love gun free killing zones for your family and loved ones?

Because people are safe.   The exception is not the rule.  People are much safer in gun free zones than they are in the general public, but for the slow witted a few die, and the propagandist try to hide the truth.  Columbine had two armed guards.....no gun free zone, yet across America schools remain overwelmingly safe, but for the cowards and fools who think that having thirty people firing at each other in a movie theater is a ticket to safety.....I will take my chances in a gun free zone.....you go ahead and take a walk the streets in Pensacola after dark......no gun free zones there.

Yup ... just look at the gun murder rate in Vermont with those loose gun carry laws those hicks have had up there since, ..... well, forever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

Just goes to show how gun violence obviously has more to do with guns and gun laws than it does with people.   Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum