Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump, Cruz, and Carson have almost 70% of Republican Primary votes

+4
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

How far can the Republican Party fall in appealing to the worst motivations of the American people. Three out of ten Republican voters are wanting to vote for experienced political leaders who have actually governed. In my opinion, Cruz, is a small evil man. Trump is an over inflated narcissist who is a clown who spews hate to appeal to the Republican base. Dr. Carson is a feel good know nothing who has zero experience, and who is like the other two in appealing to crazy.

Kasich, Christy, and Bush.....folks who actually have experience and understand that crazy does not allow the consensus to govern. What a sad day for my party. When you invite wild animals into your home, do not be surprised by the results. Senatorial candidates are sweating bullets. However, foreign nations are finding out that you can get a lot of traitors for the buck by simply using a little propaganda to scare old Americans.....what a sad day for America.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What makes Cruz a "small evil man" and a "wild animal"?  lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Obama was not an experienced political leader.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was just watching Morning Joe and I think Nichole Wallace had a valid observation about what it is that led to this,  seaoat.
And I think it also helps explains Bernie Sanders' early popularity (which it seems is now fading however).

I think very many out here (including me) just did not like what we were seeing in the beginning.  The stage was set in the beginning for this to be a contest between another damn Bush and another damn Clinton.
I realize you and Sal and your ilk love these Clintons.  And Markle and his ilk love these Bushes.  And it's going to be impossible for any of you to understand this.  But not all of us were in love with the idea of it having to be another damn Bush or another damn Clinton.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Finally,  yesterday the media for the first time started to explore something about Trump that only I have been puzzled about up until now.
And that is the question of what is Trump doing to his Trump brand name.
And the answer is he's hurting it.  It was reported yesterday that the Trump Organization is involved with several large real estate developments in Dubai.
And his partners are so pissed off about the anti-muslim comments that they want to disassociate with him.  They even want to remove the Trump name from these projects.
I think this is just scratching the surface of what the Trump name will end up being when this is all over with.
I think Trump had to know there was going to be this kind of reaction to the stuff he's saying.  What I don't get is why he did it knowing it was putting his brand's reputation at risk.

Good posts bob. Another thing is that the majority haven't made up their minds... and for good reasons this early.

Trump will self-destruct... hopefully hillary will too. It's scary to imagine such flawed characters are even considered.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:What makes Cruz a "small evil man" and a "wild animal"?  lol

He orchestrated a government shutdown in a futile attempt to take health insurance away from 16 million Americans - and it is very likely that the ultimate goal there was nothing more than press coverage for himself as he had to have known that hostage situations are not how legislation gets passed.

Last edited by boards of FL on 12/15/2015, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Obama was not an experienced political leader.

So are you saying that Obama has been an excellent leader in spite of his lack of experience, and therefore Cruz's lack of experience should not disqualify him?

Or are you saying that Obama has been a terrible leader due to his lack of experience, and therefore Cruz's lack of experience should disqualify him?

Or are you simply offering empty rhetoric?   <-----I think it's this one.

Sal

Sal

Actually, I've said from the day she announced that I'd prefer someone other than Hillary, for a number of reasons which I've talked about on numerous occasions, not the least of which is I just don't like her much, and if she had stayed out I think the Dems would've put up some better candidates.

I like Bernie very much, I just don't think he's electable.

All that having been said, I will enthusiastically vote for Hillary over any of the sideshow freaks that comprise the GOP field.

And, Cruz is definitely the worst of the lot.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:I was just watching Morning Joe and I think Nichole Wallace had a valid observation about what it is that led to this,  seaoat.
And I think it also helps explains Bernie Sanders' early popularity (which it seems is now fading however).

I think very many out here (including me) just did not like what we were seeing in the beginning.  The stage was set in the beginning for this to be a contest between another damn Bush and another damn Clinton.
I realize you and Sal and your ilk love these Clintons.  And Markle and his ilk love these Bushes.  And it's going to be impossible for any of you to understand this.  But not all of us were in love with the idea of it having to be another damn Bush or another damn Clinton.

This all goes back to house district gerrymandering.  The election process is supposed to work such that voters select their politicians.  The politician then represents the voter's interest in government.  Periodically, voters have the opportunity to continue on with the same representative if they like the results, or they can vote for a new representative if not.  The result here is that politicians must always be accountable to their constituents.  

With house district gerrymandering, however, that process is reversed entirely.  Now, in the house at least, politicians select their voters.  If I'm a politician being paid by XYZ pen company to pass legislation that favors XYZ pen company, I can do some polling to get a sense of my states demographics and then I can selectively redraw my district - select my voters - such that it is impenetrable.  Once redrawn, I can effectively do and say whatever I want with no consequence.  There is no longer any counter balance that holds me accountable.  

And that is precisely why we're seeing the republican party fall apart.  They have gerrymandered the house to such a degree that they can literally lose the popular vote but still maintain dominance - purely due to gerrymandering.  And the result is that we have impenetrable house republicans who are exposed to much less political risk than senatorial republicans.   While house republicans can do and say whatever they want without fear of losing elections, senate republicans are accountable to their entire state's voting population.  This is why the house is currently bat-shit crazy and the Senate is less so.  

This gap between the house and the senate has cause two republican parties to emerge.  The bat-shit crazy, knee-jerk reaction, tea-party wing in the house and the less all-of-the-above so in the Senate.  With that gap comes competing narratives.  We're seeing that in the current GOP primaries.  

This is why the GOP is going to produce a candidate who offers a narrative that would only work in an impenetrable, gerrymandered house district.  That type of narrative doesn't win general elections, so that is I why I can guarantee you that a republican will not win the upcoming general election.  Republican voters in gerrymandered districts have been fooled into believing that their politicians were broadly elected by the voting population, as opposed to the politician selecting their voters.  Republican voters in gerrymandered districts have a false sense that what their elected representatives say is actually palatable nationwide.  They don't realize that they were specifically selected as a district because they themselves are ignorant.  There again, that's not going to fair well in a general election.

knothead

knothead

Salinsky wrote:Actually, I've said from the day she announced that I'd prefer someone other than Hillary, for a number of reasons which I've talked about on numerous occasions, not the least of which is I just don't like her much, and if she had stayed out I think the Dems would've put up some better candidates.

All that having been said, I will enthusiastically vote for Hillary over any of the sideshow freaks that comprise the GOP field.

Completely agree . . .

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

knothead wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Actually, I've said from the day she announced that I'd prefer someone other than Hillary, for a number of reasons which I've talked about on numerous occasions, not the least of which is I just don't like her much, and if she had stayed out I think the Dems would've put up some better candidates.

Completely agree . . .

Damn if you guys hate Cruz I better take a second look at him he must have something good about him.....

knothead

knothead

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:

Completely agree . . .

Damn if you guys hate Cruz I better take a second look at him he must have something good about him.....

No surprise here that you are not all in for ted . . . go for it T!

Sal

Sal

He's Mike Huckabee with none of the charm.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
knothead wrote:

Completely agree . . .

Good thinking... lol.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Good thinking... lol.

I can see that he would appeal to both of you.

He's a theocrat which is right in Teo's wheelhouse, and his retrograde agenda represents politics and a vision of government that was out of date in 1860, just the way you like it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I have never been a theocrat....Which Theo would you want to live under ? Jesus himself lived under a human government. One which ultimately killed him. Theocracies have a bad habit of evolving into Jim Jonesocracies.....and I have never liked kool-aid.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:I was just watching Morning Joe and I think Nichole Wallace had a valid observation about what it is that led to this,  seaoat.

Trump, Cruz, and Carson have almost 70% of Republican Primary votes 69d74526-818e-455c-b628-ad5ce7381bb2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum