Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marijuana put Jimmy Carter into remission

+5
Markle
2seaoat
knothead
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

http://www.satiratribune.com/2015/12/07/jimmy-carter-medical-marijuana-cured-my-cancer/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well there ya go....no wonder it's illegal...

Marijuana put Jimmy Carter into remission Giphy

knothead

knothead

BS, it should have been decriminalized decades ago and quit ruining the lives of young people for a practice that will run its course and is not as toxic as alcohol, it so way past time to accept the premise that legal use of MJ is not the devil as it has been portrayed for decades. Have never seen a bar fight by stoners . . . .

2seaoat

Have never seen a bar fight by stoners . . . .

You must go to a better class bar than I frequent.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Have never seen a bar fight by stoners . . . .

You must go to a better class bar than I frequent.

Mr. Oats, I smoked regularly back in the day . . . . .years ago . . . nevertheless it was like having a beer . . . no big deal . . . . . my worse infraction was driving too slow . . . . it should be decriminalized and should have been decades ago . . . .

2seaoat

No argument. It should be legal, but the potency is different from when we smoked in college. I really want a reliable way to monitor driving of vehicles and testing if under the influence of pot. Not putting people in jail for smoking two weeks ago.

Markle

Markle

WOW!

Progressives swallowed this hook line and sinker.

PPaca is going to claim she knew all along but I'm not buying it if that's her claim.

All the Progressives here are going to claim they knew it is a SATIRICAL SITE and are just using it to push their drug habits.

Lord goofballs, the name of the site is SPANISH FOR SATIRE

sátira s. f.
1 Dicho corrosivo y mordaz con el que se critica algo o a alguien.
2 Composición poética con intención crítica y mordaz.

Little wonder the Progressives are so easily led around by the nose.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:No argument.  It should be legal, but the potency is different from when we smoked in college.  I really want a reliable way to monitor driving of vehicles and testing if under the influence of pot.  Not putting people in jail for smoking two weeks ago.

No one is put in jail for smoking marijuana two weeks ago.

But, if it shows up on their drug test, their still under the influence so they're not working for me.

Yes, just like with free speech, we have free speech but that doesn't mean there are no consequences.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think Jimmy was sneaking weed...

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/23/20-medical-studies-that-prove-cannabis-can-cure-cancer/

20 Medical Studies That Show Cannabis Can Be A Potential Cure For Cancer

Let’s take a look at the science behind cannabis and cancer. Although cannabis has been proven to be effective for a wide range of ailments, this article will focus mainly on its effectiveness in the treatment of cancer. Cannabinoids may very well be one of the best disease and cancer fighting treatments out there. Cannabinoids refer to any of a group of related compounds that include cannabinol and the active constituents of cannabis. They activate cannabinoid receptors in the body. The body itself produces compounds called endocannabinoids and they play a role in many processes within the body that help to create a healthy environment. Cannabinoids also play a role in immune system generation and re-generation. The body regenerates best when it’s saturated with Phyto-Cannabinoids.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:No argument.  It should be legal, but the potency is different from when we smoked in college.  I really want a reliable way to monitor driving of vehicles and testing if under the influence of pot.  Not putting people in jail for smoking two weeks ago.

The potency isn't just different, it is more than ten fold as powerful.

Studies are now showing that your drug of choice, is causing damage to the white brain cells.

knothead

knothead

Markle wrote:

Studies are now showing that your drug of choice, is causing damage to the white brain cells.

Bottom line . . . . it is THEIR BUSINESS . . . . . difference between drinking Wild Turkey 81 proof or 101 proof . . . . . it's called choice.

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:
Markle wrote:

Bottom line . . . . it is THEIR BUSINESS . . . . . difference between drinking Wild Turkey 81 proof or 101 proof . . . . . it's called choice.

No it is NOT the difference between 81 proof and 101 proof.

The difference is between a bottle of dry white wine at about 18-20 proof and the same size bottle of 190 proof grain alcohol.

Would drinking either one make a difference?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

No one is put in jail for smoking marijuana two weeks ago.

But, if it shows up on their drug test, their still under the influence so they're not working for me.

Yes, just like with free speech, we have free speech but that doesn't mean there are no consequences.

For all of you who are seeking employment, Markle has several jobs open for white, fundamentalist Christians who are fascist and racist. Smoke your last doobie two weeks prior to the application visit. Also, bring your own vasaline.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Markle wrote:

Well, not putting you down, but is that something you know about from personal experience ... or just read about?

Have you had any?  Lately?  The legal stuff from out west ... or American or Canadian indoor grown by somebody who knows what they're doing?

Yeah ... some of it's some pretty strong stuff ... but one develops a tolerance to the stronger/quicker high pretty fast (a few days) if they are a regular user .... and occasional users just don't have to consume as much to get high.   One just don't have to smoke (or vape) as much of it as the ditch-weed  & Mexican brick-weed of old.

Take a trip out west & see how things are going.   It's really just such a non-problem.

Best thing about it the legal stuff is one can choose what strain they are buying for the desired effect  (https://www.leafly.com/ ) and one is not funding some foreign based drug cartel or criminal activity here in the US.

Markle wrote:  

Yeah ... but alcohol and prescription pills are really good for you?  Rolling Eyes

So how much THC did they have to pump a lab rat full of to show any significant problem at all?

I've known people who smoked regularly for years & years who held good jobs, run successful businesses, etc.   If it makes one soooo "brain-damaged"  how do you explain all the famous writers. artists, entrepreneurs, etc who have consumed it regularly long-term?  

I wouldn't recommend teens & younger use it on a regular basis ... but for 21 and over it's fine as a personal choice IMO.  And a much better choice than alcohol or prescription pills.

That said ... it ain't for everybody.   I know a guy who literally can't get high no matter how much he tries to smoke or vape.  But he drinks a lot of alcohol.   I know a woman who prefers her prescription Xanax to pot. And some people just don't like the effect ... because they are more conditioned to alcohol, because they are tee-totalers anyway, or because they just don't care for it.

Employer drug tests will keep marijuana usage down anyway when/where legalized.   (Being retired ... I don't have that disincentive.   Very Happy   )

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 12/10/2015, 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

Well Markle apparently doesn't realize you can grow marijuana with different THC strength's much like alcohol. He has also apparently read the reports in the past week on what they call skunk a very high potent THC which they say does damage white cells.

At any rate he does not have to worry about legal marijuana on 2016 petition they did not receive enough petitions to make the ballot, but it does look like medicinal will make it.

Alcohol not broken down by the liver goes to the rest of the body, including the brain. Alcohol can affect parts of the brain that control movement, speech, judgment, and memory. These effects lead to the familiar signs of drunkenness: difficulty walking, slurred speech, memory lapses, and impulsive behavior.

Cirrhosis occurs when the liver cells are damaged and replaced by scar tissue because of chronic inflammation. The inflammation can develop because of chronic viral hepatitis, fatty liver disease, unsafe consumption of alcohol, some drugs and harmful substances.

More than two drinks a day can increase your chance of having high blood pressure. Chronic drinking can also cause liver disease. This adds to the kidney's job. The rate of blood flow to your kidneys is usually kept at a certain level, so that your kidneys can filter your blood well.

God it most be nice to sit in your castle and judge other's and tell them what is good and not good for them. Seems like the republican base wants more controls than ever on the peon's. I should change this to quite a few politician's wants to control us. Most are in the pockets of drug company's.

Oh BTW I know several real estate agents who have to wake up in the morning with a snort and go to bed at night with a smoke. Must be their over bearing god fearing broker's they work for.

Last edited by ppaca on 12/10/2015, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

dumpcare

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Markle wrote:

Well, not putting you down, but is that something you know about from personal experience ... or just read about?

Have you had any?  Lately?  The legal stuff from out west ... or American or Canadian indoor grown by somebody who knows what they're doing?

Yeah ... some of it's some pretty strong stuff ... but one develops a tolerance to the stronger/quicker high pretty fast (a few days) if they are a regular user .... and occasional users just don't have to consume as much to get high.   One just don't have to smoke (or vape) as much of it as the ditch-weed  & Mexican brick-weed of
Take a trip out west & see how things are going.   It's really just such a non-problem.

Best thing about it the legal stuff is one can choose what strain they are buying for the desired effect  (https://www.leafly.com/ ) and one is not funding some foreign based drug cartel or criminal activity here in the US.

Markle wrote:  

Yeah ... but alcohol and prescription pills are really good for you?  Rolling Eyes

So how much THC did they have to pump a lab rat full of to show any significant problem at all?

I've known people who smoked regularly for years & years who held good jobs, run successful businesses, etc.   If it makes one soooo "brain-damaged"  how do you explain all the famous writers. artists, entrepreneurs, etc who have consumed it regularly long-term?  

I wouldn't recommend teens & younger use it on a regular basis ... but for 21 and over it's fine as a personal choice IMO.  And a much better choice than alcohol or prescription pills.

That said ... it ain't for everybody.   I know a guy who literally can't get high no matter how much he tries to smoke or vape.  But he drinks a lot of alcohol.   I know a woman who prefers her prescription Xanax to pot.

Employer drug tests will keep marijuana usage down anyway when/where legalized.   (Being retired ... I don't have that disincentive.   Very Happy   )

Amen and good post ghost.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Markle wrote:

is that something you know about from personal experience ... or just read about?

markle gets all of his information about marijuana from Bill O'Reilly.  And Bill O'Reilly believes "Reefer Madness" was an impartial documentary.  lol

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Markle wrote:

is that something you know about from personal experience ... or just read about?

markle gets all of his information about marijuana from Bill O'Reilly.  And Bill O'Reilly believes "Reefer Madness" was an impartial documentary.  lol

Well, 'Bob' I try to refrain from making personal slams against people on internet discussion forums .... or in person.  It doesn't promote productive discourse & turns people off to hearing/considering your side of a debate.

But seriously, 'Markle' .... just consider maybe there's more than a bit of misleading and/or ignorant propaganda going on about cannabis?    It comes from both sides ... but you see more of it on the "anti" side of the issue.  
Start here for a different perspective maybe ... http://www.leap.cc/

It's not a miracle cure-all illnesses substance ... but it's not the "devil weed" they say either.   It's relatively harmless in comparison to some other recreational & medicinal drugs ... both legal & illegal.  Certainly far less harmful than alchohol.  And there are beneficial aspects for both the medicinal & recreational user when used responsibly.

The worst thing about cannabis prohibition is the criminal industry it creates/supports and how it puts otherwise law abiding folk, many of them younger folk, into that world to obtain it.

Let the States decide ... the Colorado model is proving to be a good one. It's regulated for safety; it's moderately taxed and brings in a sizeable tax revenue;  it cuts the criminal element out of it;  and it allows local communities to allow or ban retail stores as they see fit.  

The Federal government needs to focus on the illegal importation of marijuana by organized crime.

(btw ... anecdotal .... but I have a very good friend from high school who beat 20+ years of alcoholism using cannabis - his life is much improved from what it was, and I'm happy for him.)

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Well, 'Bob' I try to refrain from making personal slams against people on internet discussion forums .... or in person.  It doesn't promote productive discourse & turns people off to hearing/considering your side of a debate.

You posed a question asking where markle gets his information about marijuana.
You must not watch O'Reilly.  If you did you would know that O'Reilly has two obsessions,  his war on christmas,  and his war on marijuana.
And if you keep reading markle's posts,  you will learn that markle idolizes O'Reilly and agrees with everything O'Reilly says,  especially about marijuana.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Additionally,  O'Reilly and markle and all other "conservatives" say they want to get the federal government out of our lives and they want the federal government to stop dictating what the states can do.

BUT,  ask any of them if they want the federal government to enforce the federal marijuana prohibition on the states which legalize marijuana.  lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob after he smokes a doobie.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Bob after he smokes a doobie.

After I went to jail on a gambling charge,  I've never done anything illegal since.  I not only haven't smoked marijuana since,  I haven't even crossed the street against the traffic light.   I found out I can't do the time so I don't do the crime.  And that was after only one night in jail.  If I had to be in there for more than a month,  I'd be looking for some arsenic.
In short,  I be rehabilitated.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But if they legalize medical marijuana in Florida,  with two kinds of cancers I'm good to go.  Any doctor with a license will prescribe me.  lol

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Bob wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

You posed a question asking where markle gets his information about marijuana.
You must not watch O'Reilly.  If you did you would know that O'Reilly has two obsessions,  his war on christmas,  and his war on marijuana.
And if you keep reading markle's posts,  you will learn that markle idolizes O'Reilly and agrees with everything O'Reilly says,  especially about marijuana.

I watch O'Reilly from time-to-time.  There's things I agree with him on; things I partially agree with him on; things I disagree with him on; and things I partially disagree with him on.  I realize his part of his bombast is just part of his schtick .. so I'm usually able to look past that.

I catch Rachel Maddow on occasion also.  

Truth is ... they can both get kind of annoying.

I might listen 'em from time to time, but I don't take anything any of the tee-vee talking heads say to the bank without going & researching it for myself.  

I get far more of my information from a wide variety of sources on the internet than I do from the boob-tube anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum