Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob your elevator bro music got inducted into hall of fame, what more deserving band has not been inducted

+5
Yella
knothead
Sal
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait a minute,  I've got it.  Gotta be Procol Harum.  If the band who created "Whiter Shade of Pale" is not in the Hall of Fame,  the Hall of Fame is the Hall of Shame.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat

I think we should be outraged because those are some good bands, and KISS made it last year.......I think I am going to stump everybody on this one. I agree Bob.....classic stuff and snubs.

Sal

Sal

Stumped??

This is in the eye of the beholder stuff, Oats.

You might say Yes or Chicago, but I'd say Maiden, or the Cars, or ELO are better.

2seaoat

Sal wins.

2seaoat

I agree with the cars.....but I think they are inducted.

Sal

Sal

Unless Maiden, or the Cars, or ELO is the answer, I don't win.

I think Chicago and Yes are boring as hell.

My first concert was the Cars.

I was just 13, had to sneak out, and it was amazing.

My next concert was Van Halen, which was incredible.

And, then I went to a Dead show, and knew I had arrived.  

2seaoat

I remember everybody going nuts with the cars, but the answer was yes.......complex, but not musically or lyrically boring.....all in the eye of the beholder, but there are a lot of great bands which have been snubbed. I went to a Chicago concert and it was fun, but I am not much into horns and they are an American band.

I don't think boston is in either. I was never a fan of them or chicago, yes... but I do think they belong in the hall.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:Get on that elevator with me and take a listen,  seaoat.

No musical group ever assembled could ever match the sounds of
Whitey Schnott and the Five Nosepickers.
Their greatest hit was "I'll get you yet, you booger"

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

PkrBum wrote:I don't think boston is in either. I was never a fan of them or chicago, yes... but I do think they belong in the hall.

Boston is heavily represented in my summertime playlist.  

I won't try  convince you they're the deepest or most musically or lyrically original band in the world, .......  

but c'mon ... what's not to like when you're campin' out on the boat at Ft McCree, having a coupla brews and a bowl?  

Why does everything have to be complicated and/or serious to be good?  Lighten up ... sometimes ya just gotta have a little fun .... Boston's just good tight basic rock-n-roll at it's best.  

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Oh, I forgot to add .... the Stones suck!

I don't have anything against them... just not a big fan. My ipod holds 1600 songs and maybe two or three are boston.

I can only think of one without looking.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Where is Bob?  He is probably looking for some more "Otis" music.

Good suggestion,  seaoat.  This is some really good racist elevator music.  The day after this performance he went full racist and took his last trip on an elevator. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We have no film or video of Otis for this one,  seaoat.  He wrote it,  recorded it,  and then died before he ever had the chance to perform it. 

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:

So I take it this song is your official coming out of the closet song....So what's your new tranny name ? You remind me of a Margaret.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:

I can't believe that's been snubbed by the Hall of Fame.  The Hall of Fame must be homophobic if it won't let The Queer Musketeers in it.

Last edited by Bob on 12/8/2015, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually,  teo,  I think that post is supposed to signify what bds thinks of the baby boomer racist elevator music.  He's succumbed to seaoat's persuasion.  lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Actually,  teo,  I think that post is supposed to signify what bds thinks of the baby boomer racist elevator music.  He's succumbed to seaoat's persuasion.  lol

OH...Well nevermind ...

polecat

polecat

Chicago can cut loose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum