Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally the rock hall of fame got it right

+2
Floridatexan
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

moody blues and the cars........simply a decade past when they should have been inducted. Bon Jovi not so much, but they belong there. I am happy I lived long enough to see this injustice corrected. Bon Jovi's best hit was the Animal cover it is my life........but again they belong.

Cold hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colors from our sight
Red is gray and yellow white
But we decide which is right…

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:moody blues and the cars........simply a decade past when they should have been inducted.  Bon Jovi not so much, but they belong there.  I am happy I lived long enough to see this injustice corrected.  Bon Jovi's best hit was the Animal cover it is my life........but again they belong.  

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Moody Blues ... +1.  No ... +10.  Good for them.  Should have been inducted a long time ago.

Never got to see them though  Sad

Bon Jovi?  meh.   I guess some of their stuff was alright. Always seemed to get the girls goin' anyway.  Most of it though seemed to have been written just with the specific intent of selling a bunch of albums in a short period of time.  Some catchy songs here & there, but I don't think they will really stand the test of time  as far as having been artistically influential or important in any way.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:moody blues and the cars........simply a decade past when they should have been inducted.  Bon Jovi not so much, but they belong there.  I am happy I lived long enough to see this injustice corrected.  Bon Jovi's best hit was the Animal cover it is my life........but again they belong.  

Thanks for posting this FT.

2seaoat

I saw the Moody Blues live in 1972. It was a great concert, but I was a little high so my memory might be a little clouded, but it was a hard ticket to get. I was never a live concert fan, but this one and Crosby Stills and Young were great concerts to attend. I really enjoyed the Cars music, but we were starting a young family and my concert days were over. I always wanted to see the Animals, Joannie Mitchell, the stones, yes, and Dylan, but I had to work my way through college and graduate school and those tickets were expensive and it would have required travel. My last concert was Michael Franti in Vegas, and it probably was the biggest surprise in my life.....he is very very good, and we became instant fans.

zsomething

I'll still never recognize the legitimacy of that place until Motorhead gets in, but I've got no issues with any of those nominees. I'm no fan of Bon Jovi, but, yeah, I'd say they belong there, they've had an impact.

polecat

polecat

Yes Madonna is in but not these guys...

Marshall Tucker Band
Warren Zevon
Bad Company
J Geils Band

and just because...
Willie Nelson
MC5
Sade

and MOTORHEAD!!! Eat the Rich! right Z

2seaoat

They have run out of steam. What new rock in roll act are you familiar? So now they are honoring one hit wonders........at some point everybody will be in the hall and there will be no current rock fans to close the door on the hall of fame.......there is some incredible new music, but it gets no play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum