Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob your elevator bro music got inducted into hall of fame, what more deserving band has not been inducted

+5
Yella
knothead
Sal
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I will let you know if you can guess this correctly, but not being a fan of elevator music, I doubt you will figure this one out.

2seaoat

This great error will hopefully be cured in the near future.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Is it Milli Vanilli?

I saw who it is in a Facebook ad. Laughing I bet Eliteoat saw it there.

2seaoat

no guess.......no answer.

polecat

polecat

Marshall Tucker

MC5

Facebook says KISS.

Never really liked them.

2seaoat

Facebook says KISS.

They were inducted last year.

2seaoat

Where is Bob? He is probably looking for some more "Otis" music.

2seaoat wrote:Facebook says KISS.

They were inducted last year.

I knew FB was unreliable.

2seaoat

I will start giving clues. This is one of my top ten favorite Albums. I loved early Fleetwood Mac, and was not a big fan of what followed. This band was during the same era. The album which is in my top 10 and was during the same period as the rise of this band.......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Funny but I heard a Fleetwood Mac song on the elevator at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in downtown LA when I was there earlier in the year.  Obviously racist music. 

The enjoyment of music of course has nothing to do with personal tastes or preferences,  seaoat.
What music is all about is elevators and racism.  So let's dispense with this personal preference stuff because that is totally irrelevant to music.

2seaoat

And I've gone by the point of caring,
Some old bed I'll soon be sharing,
And I've got one more silver dollar,

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:And I've gone by the point of caring,
Some old bed I'll soon be sharing,
And I've got one more silver dollar,
from wiki...

"Midnight Rider" originated during the group's time spent at Idlewild South, a $165-a-month farmhouse they rented on a lake outside of Macon, Georgia.[1] Allman felt free to smoke marijuana with no police around, which contributed to his writing at the cabin.[2] Its genesis was quick: the song came to him out of nowhere, and he completed a rough draft in just over an hour of writing.[3] He found himself stuck on the song's third verse, which he regarded as an especially important component of the song: "it's kind of the epilogue to the whole thing," he later wrote.[2] In the middle of the night, he went to roadie Kim Payne, who was keeping watch over the band's warehouse, where they kept their equipment.[3] Payne helped him write the first two lines of the third verse: "We were getting high and, honestly, he was starting to irritate me—because he was singing this song over and over and I got sick of hearing the band play the same shit over and over again until they got it right," he later recalled. "So I just threw out the line, 'I've gone past the point of caring / some old bed I’ll soon be sharing.'"[3][4]

Thankful for Payne's help, he told him he would give him a percentage of its royalties should it become a success.[5] Payne was not originally listed as a songwriter on the song, so he later had Allman contact Phil Walden to produce a contract that allowed him five percent of its future royalties.[6]

p.s. I'm looking forward to hearing the songwriter perform Midnight Rider at Iron City in B'ham on Jan 5th,  seaoat.  Already have tickets.  Iron City is a performing night club very similiar to the Bataclan in Paris.
In the meantime I'm going to find an elevator I can listen to it in.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Get on that elevator with me and take a listen,  seaoat.

2seaoat

Ok......the subject at hand is what group has been snubbed in the Rock and Roll Hall of fame? There are many, but one stands out as a real snub.

I was most surprised by joan baez and journey... but others are deserving too: bad company, blue oyster cult... etc.

Edit: Just remembered joe cocker too... a unique rock icon imo.

Sal

Sal

Iron Maiden?

2seaoat

all deserving eventually, but this is a big snub in my opinion and it is not on any snub list on google......at least I do not believe they are on a snub list.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Peter Frampton

knothead

knothead

Steppenwolf

polecat

polecat

2seaoat wrote:Ok......the subject at hand is what group has been snubbed in the Rock and Roll Hall of fame?   There are many, but one stands out as a real snub.

I got it

2seaoat

Pretty good guesses, but you need help. Same era as early fleetwood ,and they were Brits.

Sal

Sal

Should be Iron Maiden.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jethro Tull

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum