Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who negotiated and signed the order to pull troops out of Iraq?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

Very interesting, suggest you read the article and then stutter. Only an excerpt below.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/24/martha-raddatz/obama-wanted-keep-10000-troops-iraq-abcs-raddatz-c/

Shortly before Obama took office in January 2009, his predecessor, George W. Bush, finalized an important agreement after about a year of negotiations with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

Called the Status of Forces Agreement, it spelled out the withdrawal of all American troops by the end of 2011.

Obama, who won office in 2008 partly for his pledge to end the war in Iraq, announced his own draw-down plans a month after taking office. "Let me say this as plainly as I can: by Aug. 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end," he said Feb. 27, 2009.

His speech revealed more details: He would keep between 35,000 to 50,000 military personnel there through the end of 2011 to train and advise Iraqi military and for counterterrorism purposes.

2Who negotiated and signed the order to pull troops out of Iraq? Empty ISIS inception 11/15/2015, 6:39 pm

dumpcare

https://www.quora.com/How-did-ISIS-form-When-and-where-did-ISIS-begin

Seems under Clinton.

The ideological origin of ISIS

The group began more than two decades ago as a fervid fantasy in the mind of a Jordanian named Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. A onetime street thug, he arrived in Afghanistan as a mujahideen wannabe in 1989, too late to fight the Soviet Union. He went back home to Jordan, and remained a fringe figure in the international violent “jihad” for much of the following decade. He returned to Afghanistan to set up a training camp for terrorists, and met Osama bin Laden in 1999, but chose not to join al-Qaeda.
The fall of the Taliban in 2001 forced Zarqawi to flee to Iraq. There his presence went largely unnoticed until the Bush administration used it as evidence that al-Qaeda was in cahoots with Saddam Hussein. In reality, though, Zarqawi was a free agent, looking to create his own terror organization. Shortly after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003, he set up the forerunner to today’s Islamic State: Jama’at al-Tawhid w’al-Jihad (the Party of Monotheism and Jihad), which was made up mostly of non-Iraqis.
Although Zarqawi’s rhetoric was similar to bin Laden’s, his targets were quite different. From the start, Zarqawi directed his malevolence at fellow Muslims, especially Iraq’s majority Shiite population. Bin Laden and al-Qaeda regarded the Shiites as heretics, but rarely targeted them for slaughter. [1]

ISIS takes root in Iraq & Syria

By 2011, when the U.S. troop withdrawal was complete, AQI was being run by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and had morphed from a largely foreign to a largely Iraqi operation. Baghdadi himself, as his name suggests, is local. The absence of foreigners made it easier for the Sons of Iraq and their kin to ignore previous resentments against the group. There was also another rebranding: AQI was now better known as the Islamic State of Iraq, or ISI.
Baghdadi took Zarqawi’s tactics and supercharged them. The Shiites were still his main targets, but now he sent suicide bombers to attack police and military offices, checkpoints, and recruiting stations. (Civilian targets remained fair game.) ISI’s ranks were swelled by former Sons of Iraq, many of whom had previously been commanders and soldiers in Saddam’s military. This gave Baghdadi’s fighters the air of an army, rather than a rag-tag militant outfit.
With thousands of armed men now at his disposal, Baghdadi opened a second front against the Shiites—in Syria, where there was a largely secular uprising against President Bashar al-Assad
What mattered to Baghdadi and his propagandists was that Assad and many of his senior military commanders were Alawites, members of a Shiite sub-sect
Battle-hardened from Iraq, ISI was a much more potent fighting force than most of the secular groups, and fought Assad’s forces to a standstill in many areas
Soon, Baghdadi renamed his group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), reflecting his greater ambitions.

His black flags,
emblazoned with the Arabic words
for “There is no god but god” and the reproduction of what many believe to be the Prophet Mohammed’s seal, became ubiquitous.

Markle

Markle

All Progressives are working DESPERATELY to divert attention from the FACTS.

As you well know, semi-retired President Obama had TWO YEARS to negotiate a new status of forces agreement.

Choke it down, President Obama has ignored the advice of his own military advisers time after time.

Now we have a disaster in the Middle East with ISIS launching a massive act of war in the heart of France.

You're way past the time you can blame President George Bush.

But, as you so weakly prove, you can keep on with your vapid excuses!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

So you are implying that ISIS may not exist if Dumbya had never invaded Iraq back in 2003..... Hmmmmm........

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:So you are implying that ISIS may not exist if Dumbya had never invaded Iraq back in 2003..... Hmmmmm........

He apparently was having a wee wee orgasm replying to my first thread to read the second.

Did I say it was Bush's fault? No I didn't.

I guess mr erkle think negotiation's happen overnight. Must be a pushy real estate agent.

ISIS grew during Iraq, but I do think Bush started that.

dumpcare

One more thing, it would not have grown in Iraq if we had not invaded. Sadam had a handle on terrorism in his country.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:All Progressives are working DESPERATELY to divert attention from the FACTS.

As you well know, semi-retired President Obama had TWO YEARS to negotiate a new status of forces agreement.

Choke it down, President Obama has ignored the advice of his own military advisers time after time.  

Now we have a disaster in the Middle East with ISIS launching a massive act of war in the heart of France.

You're way past the time you can blame President George Bush.

But, as you so weakly prove, you can keep on with your vapid excuses!

Who negotiated and signed the order to pull troops out of Iraq? Nothin10

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:One more thing, it would not have grown in Iraq if we had not invaded. Sadam had a handle on terrorism in his country.

I agree completely. And, he was contained by the no-fly zones. He was no threat to anyone outside his borders. We proved it when we kicked his ass to the curb in 1991.

ppaca wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:So you are implying that ISIS may not exist if Dumbya had never invaded Iraq back in 2003..... Hmmmmm........

He apparently was having a wee wee orgasm replying to my first thread to read the second.

Did I say it was Bush's fault? No I didn't.

I guess mr erkle think negotiation's happen overnight. Must be a pushy real estate agent.

ISIS grew during Iraq, but I do think Bush started that.

There was no ISIS in Iraq while BUsh was POTUS and while Obama kept a full compliment of troops there kicking in doors and training Iraqi SOF. When Obama decided it was too much work to renegotiate the SOFA and announced to the world that we were leaving on the last day of December in 2011, ISIS was formed and begin planning their evil deeds to start up the day our last troops pulled out. It was not before BAghdadi was released by Obama that ISIS could form because OBAMA released Baghdadi. NUF said.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/06/isis-chief-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-on-his-release-from-u-s-detention-in-2009-ill-see-you-guys-in-new-York

The Islamist extremist some are now calling the most dangerous man in the world had a few parting words to his captors as he was released from the biggest U.S. detention camp in Iraq in 2009. ‘He said, “I’ll see you guys in New York.”‘ And who knows? The way things are going, maybe he will.

“ISIS Leader: ‘See You in New York,’” by Michael Daly, The Daily Beast, June 14, 2014:

When Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi walked away from a U.S. detention camp in 2009, the future leader of ISIS issued some chilling final words to reservists from Long Island.

The Islamist extremist some are now calling the most dangerous man in the world had a few parting words to his captors as he was released from the biggest U.S. detention camp in Iraq in 2009.

“He said, ‘I’ll see you guys in New York,’” recalls Army Col. Kenneth King, then the commanding officer of Camp Bucca.

King didn’t take these words from Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as a threat. Al-Baghdadi knew that many of his captors were from New York, reservists with the 306 Military Police Battalion, a unit based on Long Island that includes numerous numerous members of the NYPD and the FDNY. The camp itself was named after FDNY Fire Marshal Ronald Bucca, who was killed at the World Trade Center in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

King figured that al-Baghdadi was just saying that he had known all along that it was all essentially a joke, that he had only to wait and he would be freed to go back to what he had been doing.

“Like, ‘This is no big thing, I’ll see you on the block,’” King says.

King had not imagined that in less that five years he would be seeing news reports that al-Baghdadi was the leader of ISIS, the ultra-extremist army that was sweeping through Iraq toward Baghdad.

“I’m not surprised that it was someone who spent time in Bucca but I’m a little surprised it was him,” King says. “He was a bad dude, but he wasn’t the worst of the worst.”

King allows that along with being surprised he was frustrated on a very personal level.

“We spent how many missions and how many soldiers were put at risk when we caught this guy and we just released him,” King says….

=====

So is it any coincidence that BAghdadi's release and the forming of ISIS came about...HE IS THEIR LEADER TODAY.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum