Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has anyone heard of a Mideast country outside Iraq and Serbia offering troops to fight ISIS?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Maybe I missed it -- but I still haven't read or heard anywhere of a country outside Iraq or Serbia offering troops with which to destroy ISIS. Have You?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/world/middleeast/arabs-give-tepid-support-to-us-fight-against-isis.html?emc=edit_th_20140912&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=53399843&_r=0

At the very least jordan, egypt, and turkey (I'd also add israel if I were da man) should be the boots on the ground.

This is in their interest... I don't buy that we have an immediate compelling interest at all.

Sal

Sal

And Qatar. 

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:And Qatar. 

Sal: Qatar has offered troops on the ground?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Th Dude wrote:At the very least jordan, egypt, and turkey (I'd also add israel if I were da man) should be the boots on the ground.

This is in their interest... I don't buy that we have an immediate compelling interest at all.

Of course these countries should help fight Isis ... but have any of them actually offered to put boots on the ground?

Iran is the only one I know of... but I haven't read the news much the last few days. But we know they have an agenda.

by Th Dude Today at 8:55 am
At the very least jordan, egypt, and turkey (I'd also add israel if I were da man) should be the boots on the ground.

-----
Turkey reneged and won't even allow us to use bases for strikes

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Yes, but Bibi Netanyahu likes ISIS. He said it was "good for Israel." I suppose anything that keeps the United States warring against Muslims is good for the Zionist state.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lebanon and Jordan are willing to provide ground troops close to their border only.

U.K., France and Australia are considering airstrikes against ISIL but no ground forces. In the meantime our entire 5th fleet is just south of Kuwait.

2seaoat

I do not care if a coalition is formed. This is pure boogeyman stuff. Israel is loving this. Iran, Iraq, and Syria are in chaos and fighting between themselves, and if fifteen years ago someone said this chaos could be achieved without us doing a thing.......they would have been giving high fives.

Targeted strikes.....no problem. Other nations taking the lead......no problem. However, buying into this boogeyman stuff is just plain stupid. We have been attacked by terrorist from all different nationalities, and we will be attacked by terrorists in the future. We either live as free brave men, or quiver in the corner being shills for the MIC and the oligarchy which profits in each of these adventures. Take a couple heads off and people begin trembling.......while historically hundreds of Americans have died by terrorists acts, and we did not lash out randomly or quiver in the corner......we made ourselves more secure and more vigilant. The best way to kick their asz is to take the five trillion thrown down the rabbit hole and build roads, factories, bridges, airports, rail, and schools and have an economic boom......but no.....we do the dirty work for corrupt oil kingdoms who exploit their citizens, foreign workers, and the American people. This is not that difficult. Now is the time for a minimalist response.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote: The best way to kick their asz is to take the five trillion thrown down the rabbit hole and build roads, factories, bridges, airports, rail, and schools and have an economic boom......but no.....we do the dirty work for corrupt oil kingdoms who exploit their citizens, foreign workers, and the American people.  This is not that difficult.   Now is the time for a minimalist response.

I was just making that very point to my wife in conversation this afternoon. 

Well put. 

Actually, minimalist is too much. 

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I do not care if a coalition is formed.  This is pure boogeyman stuff.  Israel is loving this.  Iran, Iraq, and Syria are in chaos and fighting between themselves, and if fifteen years ago someone said this chaos could be achieved without us doing a thing.......they would have been giving high fives.

Targeted strikes.....no problem.   Other nations taking the lead......no problem.   However, buying into this boogeyman stuff is just plain stupid.   We have been attacked by terrorist from all different nationalities, and we will be attacked by terrorists in the future.   We either live as free brave men, or quiver in the corner being shills for the MIC and the oligarchy which profits in each of these adventures.  Take a couple heads off and people begin trembling.......while historically hundreds of Americans have died by terrorists acts, and we did not lash out randomly or quiver in the corner......we made ourselves more secure and more vigilant.   The best way to kick their asz is to take the five trillion thrown down the rabbit hole and build roads, factories, bridges, airports, rail, and schools and have an economic boom......but no.....we do the dirty work for corrupt oil kingdoms who exploit their citizens, foreign workers, and the American people.  This is not that difficult.   Now is the time for a minimalist response.

Good post. When the Communist boogeyman faded with the demise of the Soviet Union at the end of 1991, the oligarchy frantically scrambled to replace it with a new boogeyman to protect The Powers That Be. The Muslims were a convenient foil, and have served admirably to keep us ensnared in continuous conflict, and keep Americans afraid.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote: The best way to kick their asz is to take the five trillion thrown down the rabbit hole and build roads, factories, bridges, airports, rail, and schools and have an economic boom......but no.....we do the dirty work for corrupt oil kingdoms who exploit their citizens, foreign workers, and the American people.  This is not that difficult.   Now is the time for a minimalist response.

I was just making that very point to my wife in conversation this afternoon. 

Well put. 

Actually, minimalist is too much. 

If y'all are talking 5 trillion in tax dollars you can both fuck off. There's plenty of money if spent wisely.

The govt should be able to operate easily on every level combined at or under 10% of gdp.

2seaoat

If y'all are talking 5 trillion in tax dollars you can both fuck off. There's plenty of money if spent wisely.

The govt should be able to operate easily on every level combined at or under 10% of gdp.

You would not know what has increased American productivity if it hit you in the face. It is all about keeping America competitive. Our country lags in our broadband networks......in particular to rural America. Our transportation systems and ports need to be geared for more efficient delivery of our exports where we are competitive in the world market. Simply spending tax money to make work is stupid. Spending a few dollars of tax money to allow multipliers to expand our GDP is solid economic wisdom. Building all these twenty five ton armored vehicles which get mothballed in local police departments is like pouring the wealth of this country down the drain. However a six lane three mile bridge with a direct connection to 110 going over an expanded port which can handle containerized storage would be a huge economic win as people move more efficiently and our products can be marketed in South and Central America.

No it does take tax dollars to create infrastructure, but we must be wise in those expenditures. You simply lack economic training and believe in a feudal paradigm which has never held up and is quite simply sophomoric. We can and must make good decisions for Americans. This country and its citizens must come before capital and its fungible and unpatriotic selfish ways.

2seaoat wrote:If y'all are talking 5 trillion in tax dollars you can both fuck off. There's plenty of money if spent wisely.

You would not know what has increased American productivity if it hit you in the face. It is all about keeping America competitive. Our country lags in our broadband networks......in particular to rural America. Our transportation systems and ports need to be geared for more efficient delivery of our exports where we are competitive in the world market. Simply spending tax money to make work is stupid. Spending a few dollars of tax money to allow multipliers to expand our GDP is solid economic wisdom. Building all these twenty five ton armored vehicles which get mothballed in local police departments is like pouring the wealth of this country down the drain. However a six lane three mile bridge with a direct connection to 110 going over an expanded port which can handle containerized storage would be a huge economic win as people move more efficiently and our products can be marketed in South and Central America.

No it does take tax dollars to create infrastructure, but we must be wise in those expenditures. You simply lack economic training and believe in a feudal paradigm which has never held up and is quite simply sophomoric. We can and must make good decisions for Americans. This country and its citizens must come before capital and its fungible and unpatriotic selfish ways.

Lmao... if you want to make a word salad you need to offer some options. Don't be so selfish... asshole.

2seaoat

Lmao... if you want to make a word salad you need to offer some options. Don't be so selfish... asshole.

I shared it with you, but you are chewing on napkins unable to recognize the truth, and thinking that napkins can be digested.

As a percentage of population, I wonder how the troop commitments from other countries compare to ours.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Thus far it appears no Mideast country has yet volunteered to provide troops with which to fight ISIS.

Some coalition!

The Sunnis hate our guts.

The Shias hate our guts.

Americans taken hostage in Iraq or Syria have been and will be beheaded for pure propaganda purposes --- by Islamic extremists whether they be Shia or Sunni, or call themselves al Qaida, ISIS, or Satan's Angels.

Obama is correct that the so-called war against ISIS cannot be won from the air. But he's lying when he says we won't be providing boots on the ground to do the fighting.

The U.S. government lies us into another endless, win less war. Meanwhile we suffer unemployment, starvation wages, unbelievably expensive college education, and a failing infrastructure.

Reality!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Reality:

Obama says no ground troops yet we declare we are at war. Other countries are looking for a strong decisive leadership from the U.S., under Obama we fail in offering leadership or a plan other than a CF. Other countries are also waiting out the situation with Russia.....and Europe is worried about their own economics. Heavily Muslim populated countries that join in the fight risk terrorist groups popping up in their own country. No one knows what Obama will do until after the November elections. All we are doing is poking a hornets nest.

Why should others be willing to put boots on the ground?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum