Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congress risks "manufacturing crisis" by prevaricating over raising the debt ceiling

+5
othershoe1030
Floridatexan
Sal
Hospital Bob
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What we need is a suitable title for this reality show.
Something that befits the historical significance of it.
It's like sort of some weird combination of what George Orwell predicted for 1984 in 1949,  and Mike Judge's brilliant movie "Idiocracy" which was set 1000 years in the future,  except it's already happening.

So it needs a worthy title.  And that title needs to be inspired by the title of what most say is the greatest political story motion picture of all time.

"Mr. Stupid Goes To Washington".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And by the way,  George Orwell predicted all that shit the year I was born.
I'm goddamn proud of that.
And of course it's no coincidence that's the same year RCA (NBC) introduced the first television for under $100 ($99.95) which put us on the road to having the idiot box in every nook and cranny.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:
boards of FL wrote:You still don't seem to understand the underlying subject, Bob.

Should the US pay its bills or default?  Which would be more sound fiscal advice?  What should we do?  Pay or default?

We should pay the bill and then do nothing else to change anything about our fiscal situation.  Or if we do make a change,  we need to elect Bernie Sanders and elect democrats to congress because they are the fiscal conservatives.

Why not simply pay our bills - as we always have - and then continue working to reduce the deficit - as we have for the last six years?  

Rather than frame everything in incredibly extreme ways that do not reflect reality or advance the discussion in any way, why not take a more common sense approach?  

Pay our bills and continue working to reduce the deficit.  Here again, Intro to Policy101 for beginners.

Obviously you need Intro to policy 100 for REMEDIATION!

Semi-retired President Obama set world records for his massive increase in the DEFICIT...now you...and Obama merits credit for reducing the deficit...from HIS record highs. Stunning the lengths Progressives will go to for their perverted goals.

Please refer to remedial economics 100 for an explanation as to how reduces in deficit only mean your going into debt slower.

Current DEBT...$18.3+TRILLION. TRILLION!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But bds says to try to compare it to a household budget and household debt is the most ignorant and most retarded and most redneck and uneducated thing anyone could ever do.  And he's got the graphs and charts and stats to prove it.
I don't know why I've been such a sucker all my life wanting to not spend more money than I have.  That's obviously something only Goober Pyle would do.
I get unsolicited credit cards in the mail about once a month and all I have to do is call a number and activate another five or ten grand worth of credit.
I've been cutting them up and tossing them in the trash.  I'm gonna start activating those things and putting the limit on all of them. 
Hell,  my cousin's wife maxed out theirs,  got another one,  and transferred the whole goddamn balance to that one and the credit card company ate the interest.  Last I heard she was getting even another to do yet another transfer.  All the time the balance was growing completely out of control.
If it's that easy I'm going to Sandy Sansing tomorrow and charge a new Camaro convertible.  I desperately need one of those things.  And particularly a black one with leather interior and a big display so I can text and browse the internet while I'm driving.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:About that graph and this notion of yours that our manufacturing jobs began to steadily decline in 1945.  When during my entire youth the country was experiencing the greatest economic boom in history and my old man and everybody else's old man was able to get a good job with good benefits because we were the world's manufacturing "superpower" during that time.
Fuck, I wasn't even born until 1949 and it was already going full bore.  And continued to do so for a long time afterwards.
That graph,  or more accurately what you're trying to infer from it,  is the best example I've seen yet for what Mark Twain said about statistics.  lol

Later on when the corporate power brokers colluded with both political parties to take advantage of an unbelievably cheap and unlimited source of labor in China,  that's when we started to transition from a manufacturing to a service economy. 
Not in 1945.  That's so fucking absurd that it makes me wonder if you actually have been taught anything of value in school.

So tell me if I'm understanding you correctly.  I just showed you that manufacturing jobs as a percent of the workforce - which you say is the chief cause of our national debt - have been on the decline for 70 years; and your response there is to basically say "I don't believe you because my old man worked in manufacturing"?

To clarify, you're saying that you simply don't believe in the manufacturing jobs graph?

Manufacturing will continue to decrease until the COST of manufacturing decreases.

Since you, among the other Progressives keep demanding that wages increase for all workers, even those who have no experience, education, work ethic or any other skills.

Then, to further prove your feigned ignorance for being able to put 2 and 2 together and get four.  You feign outrage that companies who can no longer afford to pay those wages, shut down their plants here and manufacture in other countries.

Now who could see that coming!

Congress risks "manufacturing crisis" by prevaricating over raising the debt ceiling - Page 3 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:Semi-retired President Obama set world records for his massive increase in the DEFICIT...now you...and Obama merits credit for reducing the deficit...from HIS record highs.  

You're flat out lying here,  Markle.  2009 was a Bush budget.  We have been through this countless times.  Each budget since then has decreased, so the budget deficit has never increased under Obama, much less increased to a record degree.

Would you like to stand corrected?

In the chart below, blue bars are democratic budgets and red bars are republican budgets.  Notice anything?

Congress risks "manufacturing crisis" by prevaricating over raising the debt ceiling - Page 3 0r7tLMP

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote: Notice anything?

Congress risks "manufacturing crisis" by prevaricating over raising the debt ceiling - Page 3 0r7tLMP

Yes I do notice something.  I notice that since 2001,  many trillions of dollars have been added to the debt.
I fear that if this continues,  there won't be any money left to buy more of those billion dollar balloons.  And without those balloons, ISIS is gonna take us over.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:

Yes I do notice something.  I notice that since 2001,  many trillions of dollars have been added to the debt.
I fear that if this continues,  there won't be any money left to buy more of those billion dollar balloons.  And without those balloons, ISIS is gonna take us over.

I share your concerns.  Being that the case, shouldn't we continue to pay our bills and continue working to reduce the deficit - just as we have for the last six years?

The last thing we would want to do now that we are on course for rapid deficit reduction would be to cut taxes and go to war again, right, Bob?

If anything, shouldn't we raise taxes?  Shouldn't we raise taxes on upper tier income levels, raise corporate taxes, and close various loopholes as well as look to reduce spending, particularly in the area of defense? Wouldn't that accelerate our deficit reduction further?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:

I share your concerns.  Being that the case, shouldn't we continue to pay our bills and continue working to reduce the deficit - just as we have for the last six years?

The last thing we would want to do now that we are on course for rapid deficit reduction would be to cut taxes and go to war again, right, Bob?

If anything, shouldn't we raise taxes?  Shouldn't we raise taxes on upper tier income levels, raise corporate taxes, and close various loopholes as well as look to reduce spending, particularly in the area of defense?  Wouldn't that accelerate our deficit reduction further?

Probably so.  Your charts and graphs have worn me down.  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum