Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debt ceiling

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Debt ceiling Empty Debt ceiling 10/13/2013, 10:58 pm

Debt ceiling 1379515_373251652808019_2089609196_n

2Debt ceiling Empty Confused, again?! 10/14/2013, 1:30 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Debt ceiling 1379515_373251652808019_2089609196_n

Nobody is 'for' raising the debt ceiling. It is a necessary consequence.
Just like nobody is 'pro' or 'for' abortion. That is just a delusion of you far-far-righties.

Remember when routine legislation was just that, routine.  The debt ceiling has always been routine until the incompetents known as the tea baggers took the country hostage with their taliban-like tactics. I blame the ultra-conservatives that voted them in.  They fell for the 'be-afraid-of-the-black-guy rhetoric, and now look. Our Congress is now at its worst in history as far as function, productivity, and public approval. Vote out the incompetent, ineffectual tea baggers while we can.  They are gerrymandering their districts as we speak so they can never be voted out.
Remember: America is the only country where our politicians pick who votes for them; not the other way around.

Again, I felt compelled to reply to this post, because nobody else would. So sad how many of the crying-at-the-sky posts of pee-dog's that go ignored by most. Sad, and pathetic.
Thanks. 

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Last edited by CarlSagan on 10/14/2013, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

3Debt ceiling Empty Re: Debt ceiling 10/14/2013, 2:58 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

If Mitt Romney had been elected in November of 2012, he also would have had to raise the debt ceiling about now (maybe sooner, as he was all set to double-down on already bloated defense spending). You can bet that PaceDdog would have been a champion of increasing the debt limit in a Romney administration.

The hypocrisy of Republicans knows no boundaries......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

4Debt ceiling Empty Re: Debt ceiling 10/14/2013, 3:00 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Debt ceiling 1379515_373251652808019_2089609196_n

Nobody is 'for' raising the debt ceiling. It is a necessary consequence.
Just like nobody is 'pro' or 'for' abortion. That is just a delusion of you far-far-righties.

Remember when routine legislation was just that, routine.  The debt ceiling has always been routine until the incompetents known as the tea baggers took the country hostage with their taliban-like tactics. I blame the ultra-conservatives that voted them in.  They fell for the 'be-afraid-of-the-black-guy rhetoric, and now look. Our Congress is now at its worst in history as far as function, productivity, and public approval. Vote out the incompetent, ineffectual tea baggers while we can.  They are gerrymandering their districts as we speak so they can never be voted out.
Remember: America is the only country where our politicians pick who votes for them; not the other way around.

Again, I felt compelled to reply to this post, because nobody else would. So sad how many of the crying-at-the-sky posts of pee-dog's that go ignored by most. Sad, and pathetic.Thanks. 

Thanks for your time and consideration.
LOL!!! I try to give PeeDog's threads a mercy-post now and then......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5Debt ceiling Empty Re: Debt ceiling 10/14/2013, 3:06 pm

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:LOL!!! I try to give PeeDog's threads a mercy-post now and then......[/color]
That's called a pity bump.

6Debt ceiling Empty Re: Debt ceiling 10/14/2013, 4:08 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Under George W. Bush, the debt ceiling was raised 7 times, largely to pay for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the unfunded Medicare drug program, and the tax breaks that went mainly to the wealthiest Americans.  Under Ronald Reagan, the debt ceiling was raised a whopping 18 times.  

This intransigence by the extremists in the House is nothing but pure, unadulterated extortion.  

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/10/09/2758471/video-republicans-clean-debt-ceiling/

The Bush increases totalled $4 trillion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum