Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Texas Roadhouse in Milton

+4
Vikingwoman
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 8:13 pm

2seaoat

Eric's dad was from that part of Mn, and in my youth I did a lot of canoeing and posted a picture of my wife in one of the beautiful waterfalls on that scenic drive. I love that part of the country in June.....I have NO use for it in late October. I got caught in an early snow storm on a family vacation in September to copper harbor Michigan, and my mother had not packed properly.....the family froze, and this was before the days when everything was open on a weekend. I think I actually posted one of my canoeing photos when I was still in graduate school. Beautiful area. I cannot wait to see what you were doing in Hattisburg. Went to a wedding there 10 years ago and loved this little hotel/bar downtown......great wedding and great trip.

27Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 8:42 pm

ppaca wrote:Went by your house on the way home today, see you're back from your travel's. Started to stop but you had company.

Yep, a lot of those yankee's love country music up there. Go to Howell, Mi.

Did you get any snow in Duluth? It snowed in the upper peninsula of Michigan and upper part of lower yesterday or Saturday.

Yep... I'm an hour south of the bridge and woke up to an inch of snow saturday morning.

28Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 8:50 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:Oh I can tell you this.  The reason this thread caught my eye is only because I ate at a Texas Roadhouse in Duluth last week.  That chain must be in every nook and cranny of the country. 
And by the way,  Duluth is the furthest north I've ever been.  That fucking place is as far north of Chicago as Nashville is to here.  Further north than Toronto or Montreal.

What brought you to Duluth MN?  I've been there and driven from there to Thunder Bay Canada.  Saw two giant moose.

What brought me there and back is a story that I'm trying to forget.
But one of the reasons I agreed to the whole thing is I would get a chance to go outside the border of the country for the first time.  And since the destination was Duluth,  Thunder Bay was where I wanted to go.
But the Duluth native retards I was visiting failed to tell me that now you need either a passport or a Nexus card to cross the border.
I thought about trying to sneak across the border like the Mexicans do.  But I'd seen Trump run his mouth so much that the thought of it made me feel like a rapist.  lol

29Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 8:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hadn't seen no news in 6 days.  And I get back and see that Trump is gonna host SNL.  And there's some big war started over that.  And Trump has said Dubya has to take the blame for 9/11 because it was on his watch.  And when called on it says if they had his immigration strategy in place then,  the hijackers wouldn't have gotten into the country.

That last one must have the heads spinning at Fox News.  Some of their personalities love Trump and most of their personalities love Dubya.
I wonder how obamasucks and markle are reacting to that one.  lol

30Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 9:18 pm

Sal

Sal

Fuck the politics.

Quit with the tease, and tell the fucking story already.

31Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 9:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's just so weird,  Sal,  that it's hard to put into words.  What started it is someone who was a 76 year old retired airline pilot whose wife (a flight attendant) died a year ago. 
I got to know the couple because they were into the same shit I was.  That was about 35 years ago.
When his wife died, it was his best and only friend who died.   So he took it real hard.
But that's just the beginning.  Because he had always been the most abusive husband I have ever encountered.  And everybody around him (who I knew many of them) was aware of how abusive he was.   But since he wasn't abusive to us and only to his wife,  we never felt comfortable butting in.

So that's what I connected up with.  And from there it went straight from the frying pan of that fake hell thing,  to the fire of actual real-life.  It was like being in the company of the hunchback,  the werewolf,  sad sack,  and god knows all the bad shit I can think of all rolled into one.   And it ended up with me hitchhiking home from Hattiesburg.  At 66 fucking years old.  In the middle of the night.
And goddamnit I'm proud of having accomplished that.  No it's not like what the Syrian refugees are going through,  but for a gringo who rarely ever feels any real threat to his comfy life,  it was pretty intense.

32Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 10:09 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:Went by your house on the way home today, see you're back from your travel's. Started to stop but you had company.

Yep, a lot of those yankee's love country music up there. Go to Howell, Mi.

Did you get any snow in Duluth? It snowed in the upper peninsula of Michigan and upper part of lower yesterday or Saturday.

I'm glad to see you confirm this thing about the high latitude yankees and country music because if not I was thinking I might have imagined it.  lol

I was in Duluth 3 nights.  No snow.  First night about like what P'Cola is today.
Third night the low dropped to 29 and the high the next day was 44.  And then we headed south.
Bought gas for $1.77 on the way down.  It would have been in either southern illinois,  eastern arkansas or northern mississipi,  can't remember.
I did go through New Madrid Mo which was a real treat for me being a disaster buff.  That's the site of the legendary earthquake in the 19th century which changed the course of the MS River. 
Right near Cairo IL and Cape Girardeau.  Mark Twain country.  You get a feeling of deep religion thinking about walking the ground he walked on.
Kinda like when christians walk around in Jerusalem.

33Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 10:12 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Because he had always been the most abusive husband I have ever encountered.  And everybody around him (who I knew many of them) was aware of how abusive he was.   But since he wasn't abusive to us and only to his wife,  we never felt comfortable butting in.

How could you possibly countenance that sort of behavior.

This is the United States, not Saudi Arabia.

34Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 10:25 pm

Vikingwoman

I'd have a problem w/ somebody who treated another person badly too. How can you be friends w/ someone who abused another human being in your presence? I had a friend who's husband was abusive to her and I couldn't stand him or the way she allowed him to treat her. I had to quit being friends w/ her.

35Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 10:41 pm

2seaoat

Did I miss something....what happened to your car?

36Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 10:59 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Vikingwoman wrote:I'd have a problem w/ somebody who treated another person badly too. How can you be friends w/ someone who abused another human being in your presence? I had a friend who's husband was abusive to her and I couldn't stand him or the way she allowed him to treat her. I had to quit being friends w/ her.

Interestingly,  my longtime girlfriend has a longtime girlfriend who's husband is as abusive as the one I know. 
We've talked about both situations for years now.  I've never met that abuser and she's never met the one I know.  But it's almost uncanny how the two are alike when we share what both are like with each other.  And neither one of us had brought ourselves to intervene.
Same with another couple who's father (of the woman) is my best friend.  He  doesn't intervene either.

I wasn't in my car,  seaoat.  And when I finally blew and threw the the "toll booth rant",  actually I threw two toll booth rants (that's never happened before),  I ended up hitchhiking. 
The term "toll booth rant" refers to what I did at a toll booth on the Jersey Turnpike in the past.  Three of us came very close to dying or ending up in prison as a result of that.  It's happened 4 or 5 times since.  And yesterday was another one.

37Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 11:08 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wasn't in my car, seaoat,  because I flew to Duluth and drove back with the bastard.  He's wintering in Destin. 
But what happened to him after Hattiesburg I have no idea and frankly don't give a shit. 
He's a gun nut and kept fiddling with the guns in the car.  Hopefully he used one on himself after we split.

I don't know how some of these fuckers find me.  I guess it's like Jim Rockford in The Rockford Files.  He was asked how the nutters seem to find him.  He said it was because they saw his name in the phone book.  lol

38Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/19/2015, 11:37 pm

2seaoat

It could be worse. HE COULD HAVE BEEN WINTERING WITH YOU!

I always tell the story about a friend who I was kicking his asz on the golf course and two of us on one team were laughing at him....he is very competitive. Well he gets in the clubhouse and tells us he is calling his wife because he will not ride back home with two pricks.....His wife who was pregnant comes and picks him up and we are hooting with laughter at him losing his cool......but the best part, my wife had made dinner plans with his wife and we show up an hour and a half later, and he answers the door and says.....you have to be F'ing kidding me......I go.....no.....I have never turned a dinner invitation from your wife down.....it ended up we got drunk and played candle jarts in his back yard......we lost the jarts, but the next morning he found them in his garage roof.....good times and quite funny now.

39Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 12:51 am

Vikingwoman

Bob wrote:I wasn't in my car, seaoat,  because I flew to Duluth and drove back with the bastard.  He's wintering in Destin. 
But what happened to him after Hattiesburg I have no idea and frankly don't give a shit. 
He's a gun nut and kept fiddling with the guns in the car.  Hopefully he used one on himself after we split.

I don't know how some of these fuckers find me.  I guess it's like Jim Rockford in The Rockford Files.  He was asked how the nutters seem to find him.  He said it was because they saw his name in the phone book.  lol

LOL! It must have been pretty bad to end up hitchiking.

40Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 5:08 am

I hope you told that mfer exactly what you thght of him bob. It's a serious character flaw to mistreat people.

41Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 12:23 pm

polecat

polecat

Not to get back on the subject or anything but next time you go to Texas Roadhouse try the Pork Chop.

42Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 12:26 pm

polecat

polecat

A song about that stretch of road you are on Bob.

Blue Mountain.

Well I ride 400 horses trough a tunnel in the pines,
Dead dogs, patchy fog it's hard to see the lines
There's a cross at every curve to comemorate.

Drivin back from Mobile on bloody 98.

I got a wife in Hattiesburg and a lover in Mobile.
God knows I'm spending half my life behind the wheel.
My pontiac is a panting horse, but I'm a running late.

Drivin back from Mobile on bloody 98.

Jackknife in the highway, 18 wheels up in the air.
To late to hit my brakes, I'm already there.
So now I'm just another restless haint who lost his way

43Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 4:12 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A song about 98 from hattiesburg to mobile.  Whodathunkit.  Thanks,  polecat.  lol
But I got a ride with a trucker down 49 (I was "hitchhiking" at Maple's Truck Stop) and then he got me a ride with another trucker at Gulfport going east on I-10.  Never got on the "Bloody 98".
That song is sure a trip though.  Do you know about this song?  It's about hgwy 98 too.   lol

44Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 4:50 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I almost bought it on 98...I had an account in Hatiesburg. I was headed there when I came around a curve I had to hit the ditch in my old ford van to miss a car that was stopped in the road. I was proud of that old van she leaned over on two wheels then slammed back down and dug some ditches of it's own in the grass till it stopped. I looked up and the car had just moved on and my old van and I just crawled out of the ditch no worse for wear....except for a nervous twitch... Razz

45Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 10:35 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I can understand why that stretch of Lillian Highway can inspire a song. 
If you ever get the chance,  teo,  to ride your motorcycle on the west side,  here's something you need to see.
After you go west on Lillian Hgwy from Blue Angel Pkwy,  you will come to what the natives out there call the "straightaway".  At the end of the straightaway is the curve to the left after which you come alongside the bay on your right.
You have to do this in the later afternoon when the sun is coming down and is at a point where it's just about to go below the tops of the trees.
IMO,  you will then see the most beautiful view in the entire Florida panhandle.  It's the way the sun's rays go through those trees and light up the bay ahead of you.  It only lasts as long as the bay is beside you.  Then it's over.

46Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 10:48 pm

Sal

Sal

Glad you made it back in one piece, Bob.

Tho, I still don't understand why you would voluntarily travel to associate with an abusive sociopath.

Can you explain that?

47Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 10:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Glad you made it back in one piece, Bob.

Tho, I still don't understand why you would voluntarily travel to associate with an abusive sociopath.

Can you explain that?

The three of us (him, his wife and me) traveled together extensively when we were doing antique jukeboxes and it never posed a problem for me. 
It's because I never was made the brunt of it when his wife was alive.  He treated me fine for a long long time.  What I didn't anticipate was after he lost the wife he needed someone else to abuse to replace the wife. 
If I had ever expected anything like that I would not have done it.  And after a few days of it I just blew a circuit breaker.  I now cannot imagine the hell it must have been for her having to life with him all the time.

48Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 10:59 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and by the way.  He paid for my airfare and all the motel bills on the trip home.  Even bought two rooms so he wouldn't have to hear my snoring (thank god for that).  I thought he was just an old friend who needed someone to help him do the drive.  And I was fine with that cause it gave me a free trip to see a part of the country I hadn't seen before.

49Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 11:02 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Glad you made it back in one piece, Bob.

Can you explain that?

The three of us (him, his wife and me) traveled together extensively when we were doing antique jukeboxes and it never posed a problem for me. 
It's because I never was made the brunt of it when his wife was alive.  He treated me fine for a long long time.  What I didn't anticipate was after he lost the wife he needed someone else to abuse to replace the wife. 
If I had ever expected anything like that I would not have done it.  And after a few days of it I just blew a circuit breaker.  I now cannot imagine the hell it must have been for her having to life with him all the time.

It doesn't pose a problem for you when a man is abusing a woman in your presence, because you, personally, are not being abused??

Wow ....

Entirely in character for you ....

50Texas Roadhouse in Milton - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas Roadhouse in Milton 10/20/2015, 11:13 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It was never ever physical.  Just purely mental abuse. 
But the real reason no one around him ever wanted to get involved is because the wife never gave any indication that she wanted anyone to intervene.
You won't understand this if you've never actually been around it,  Sal,  but sometimes sadism goes hand in hand with masochism when it comes to this shit.
And when that happens it puts people in sorta the same position as the cops.
They need the woman to want to "press charges".  It's a similiar feeling for those observing it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum