Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How mass shooter's got their guns

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dumpcare

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html?_r=0

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's something to be learned from this one.  This is what it says about the Washington Navy Yard shooter.

How mass shooter's got their guns Navy10

Shotguns aren't included in the gun control mainly because it's proponents themselves know it's probably politically impossible to do so.  
So,  even if you ban ALL handguns and rifles,  which won't ever happen,  that means any other potential mass shooter can kill 14 people with a shotgun (like this guy did).  So they'll just switch to shotguns.

Last edited by Bob on 10/4/2015, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Nonsense.....gun safety requires a complete change of direction, not a mere incremental BS change.....drastic and comprehensive safety measures. If we can make cars safer we can make guns safer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

No it's not nonsense, seaoat. It prove a mass shooting can be done with a shotgun because it did happen and the guy mowed down 14 people with one.

And if you think there's been a backlash to gun control, you haven't see anything yet until you start trying to stop people from buying shotguns.

So it becomes exactly like a Trump Solution. And a Trump Solution is something people can be made to believe will work, when it's really a pipedream.

Remember what happened the last time pushing gun control got really big?
It resulted in about a 100% increase in the sale of guns and ammunition.
If the same thing is done again, expect those 300 million guns currently in circulation to grow to be 400 million.

2seaoat

All guns....not some.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Guns are wonderful in the right hands, they protect, they feed and provide security. The Western world is a fluke. A very calm time in a human history of rape, pillage, plunder and murder. Now the one tool which keeps things in order is thought to be obsolete and in need of improvement....they work just fine in the hands of sane men. Society is whatever people think they can get away with...guns moderate that thinking.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:All guns....not some.

So we have two political goals with equal chance of success.

Your goal to ban ALL guns.

And Trump's goal to deport 11 million people, get the mexican government to pay for a wall, and get the majority of the hispanic vote by doing so.

by 2seaoat Today at 2:48 am
All guns....not some.
by TEOTWAWKI Today at 2:49 am
------
We see his communism leaking out day by day.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Let's get real...Black men 16-30 are about 2-3% of the US population and they statistically commit around 52% of the murders.

White people in America commit murder at about the same rate as Belgium.

It is a violent cultural tendency that needs addressed. NOT guns.

2seaoat

Your goal to ban ALL guns.

Again, you cannot handicap stupidity. In life Bob, if I could give you a few extra strokes you might be able to comprehend. Gun safety has NOTHING to do with banning guns. Just like car safety has nothing to do with banning Autos. Could you see some moron using your logic and saying seatbelts are an attempt to ban autos. I want to keep my guns as it is my right under the constitution, but if safety regulations can lower gun deaths, I am for immediate comprehensive safety measures for guns........fifty years ago I was taught gun safety was what sportsmen advocated.....how did a generation of gang punks, barnies, and short dicks become a political movement to wussify America. Gun safety is not banning guns, and I cannot give you enough strokes if you do not understand this concept.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Seaoat, if I misunderstood you and you aren't wanting to ban guns, then it's only because of the form your writing takes. It's like trying to decipher a riddle.

dumpcare

Well Bob you are correct, his writing's one day indicate he wants to ban guns, then just stricter gun control and then ..........

I started this thread to show that these shooter's have all some way obtained their guns legally.

I do agree we should have the rights to own guns if we choose.

I do believe if everyone had a gun in the room when the cops arrived at a mass shooting in the confusion and excitement of what is happening a few of those carrying would be shot dead. In a movie theater scenario cops are going to shoot anyone displaying a gun at the scene and ask question's later.

So what's the answer? There isn't one as far as I can see.

2seaoat wrote:Nonsense.....gun safety requires a complete change of direction, not a mere incremental BS change.....drastic and comprehensive safety measures.  If we can make cars safer we can make guns safer.

A safer gun?

In the hands of the psychotic or the hater the safest gun is still the instrument used. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

A safer car?

In the hands of a drunk driver the safest car is still the instrument used. Cars don't kill people. People kill people.

Lala land lubber - Seaoat.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

ppaca wrote:Well Bob you are correct, his writing's one day indicate he wants to ban guns, then just stricter gun control and then ..........

This is the truth of many anti-gunners.   I wish they would be more intellectually honest and just come out & admit it.  They just don't like guns and don't want the common man/woman to have access to them.

And, perhaps there would be less gun crimes/accidents if all guns in private hands were confiscated and banned.  Or if extreme government controls, registration, and licensing on the purchase/sale/possession/and types of firearms.  

But fact is .... it would require repeal or rewriting of the Second Amendment and more government interference with the free-market.   They know that ain't gonna happen.   So instead they want to do legislative end-runs around the 2nd Amendment .... or seek court appointees who will legislate from the bench for them.

They like to compare it to cars & driver license permits. But the difference they don't like to acknowledge is that .... unlike driver permits, the right to keep and bear arms is not a privilege, it's a Constitutional right. As much so as free speech and voting. You don't hear them talking about restricting free speech do you? (okay, well maybe some do)

What they choose to ignore is that we are a gun-culture.  Always have been.   We are not like Europe or Asia in this respect.   We are not like Mexico.  We are a unique culture ... and guns are a big part of that culture.  That ain't gonna change anytime soon.  

There are tens of millions of Americans who will fight legislative efforts to do an end-run around the 2nd Amendment that infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms ... and they will dig deep in their pockets to fund the NRA and other organizations to do so on their behalf ... and, except in a few liberal/progressive bastion cities/States, Americans by and large in the so-called "fly over" regions of the USA will show up at the polls in droves to vote out any politician who advocates 2nd Amendment restrictions.  If you think the saying "They'll take my gun when they pry my cold dead fingers from around" it is just empty talk .... you've got another think coming.   There would be widespread resistance to gun registration even.

If anti-gun organizations & the people who support them spent as much time, effort, and money promoting gun safety and training as they do gun banning/restrictions/controls .... they'd probably do a lot more good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum