Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now that we are in a de facto war with Russia….

+4
Wordslinger
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
gatorfan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here we go. Except my memory has failed. I thought Geritol was for geezers. Hell it took it's name from the geezer set, the geriatrics.
But it looks like Betty is pitching that snake oil to all ages. lol

2seaoat

That horrible caramel candy again. Can't you post a picture of Geritol or something. lol

Bob, you were calling it cough medicine.....you were clueless as to the obvious humor and as such maybe you are right....you must understand Geritol.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:That horrible caramel candy again. Can't you post a picture of Geritol or something. lol

Bob, you were calling it cough medicine.....you were clueless as to the obvious humor and as such maybe you are right....you must understand Geritol.

Seaoat,  

I was there.  
I'm a geezer who watched more television commercials than Goodson and Todman.  
If I don't have a clue about that Werther thing then how obvious could it be.  
If I don't remember anything about tv commercials then how in fuck could I remember Geritol. That commercial was made when I was five years old. lol

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

SemiSane Markle warns: "Russia wants to strengthen Baghdad government under Tehran's dominance strengthen Assad and Hezbollah then reach a modus vivendi with ISIS. They basically declare a truce with ISIS and then Russia can do on to do whatever they want."

Dear SemiSane: Russia is not the Soviet Union anymore. ISIS is Sunni, so Putin reaching a deal with ISIS is more than far fetched. Even if he did as you say, so fucking what? Russia would then have influence over Assad, but not over Tehran. Why in hell should we care? Other than Israel who in the Mideast is our true ally? Don't say Saudi Arabia, they fund ISIS.

WE fucked up our influence in the entire Mideast, now it's Russia's turn. God Bless'm. We need to run the Mideast like we need incessant nausia .... LOL

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well...if Israel gets destroyed all those pesky Christian Zionists will have to admit their understanding of Biblical prophecy is bogus....at least until they drum up a new scheme...

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:SemiSane Markle warns:  "Russia wants to strengthen Baghdad government under Tehran's dominance strengthen Assad and Hezbollah then  reach a modus vivendi with ISIS.  They basically declare a truce with ISIS and then Russia can do on to do whatever they want."

Dear SemiSane:  Russia is not the Soviet Union anymore.  ISIS is Sunni, so Putin reaching a deal with ISIS is more than far fetched.  Even if he did as you say, so fucking what?  Russia would then have influence over Assad, but not over Tehran.  Why in hell should we care?  Other than Israel who in the Mideast is our true ally?  Don't say Saudi Arabia, they fund ISIS.

WE fucked up our influence in the entire Mideast, now it's Russia's turn.  God Bless'm.  We need to run the Mideast like we need incessant nausia .... LOL

What countries receive their oil from the Middle East?

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:
Markle wrote:For over fifty years the US and other nations have kept Russia out of the Middle East and rightfully so.

Now that we are in a de facto war with Russia…. - Page 2 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

That horrible caramel candy again.  Can't you post a picture of Geritol or something.  lol

He has a bag of them next to his La-Z-Boy recliner and they pay him with another bag of them each time he posts the photo.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:For over fifty years the US and other nations have kept Russia out of the Middle East and rightfully so.3

Nonsense.  You have no knowledge of history or historic foreign policy.  The Russians have had century old ties to Egypt going back to the Czar and connections with the Orthodox Church in Alexandria.  In the midst of the Cold war Russia was aligned with Egypt and Syria, and at one point the two nations played with consolidation(Syria and Egypt).   After the devastating defeat of the soviet missile system which was entrenched on the West side of the Suez, and Russian anti tank weapons which for the first five days of their preemptive attack on Israel in 1973 was clearly kicking the Israelis asz as they lost 150 tanks and could not have air supremacy because of the Soviet entrenchment of sams....then boom....America sends planes and tanks, and the Israelis pull off a brilliant wedge and bridge crossing which take out the Sams, and history changes.

Now the Americans were critical in forcing Israel to give back the Sinai and when the Soviets fought the peace treaty between Israel and Egypt, the beginning of the dismantling of the Soviet military ties with Egypt began and the locus of their zone of influence consolidated in Syria.  The only thing remarkable was two years ago I was correctly telling people we were not going to openly engage in war with Syria because we were already tacitly funding regime change, no the remarkable thing was it took two years for the Russians to stop the destruction of the Syrian nation state.  The Mic neocon nonsense is void of any historical or reality and counts on emotional power posing......like killing more people will change the realities.

Actually it is closer to 70 years.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Well he finally admits it.  We're not over there to give them democracy.
We're not over there because Saddam Hussein attacked us on 9/11.
We're not over there because Saddam Hussein was gonna drop nukes on us.
We're there for the oil.  
By golly I think we're making progress with Markle.  
Give that boy a drink of Geritol and the Werthers cough drops.  And throw in some Metamucil too.

2seaoat

Actually it is closer to 70 years.

You are idiotic. The Soviets and Iraq after 1972 when the Egyptians were basically booted out of a 20 year military alliance began a close alliance with Iraq where oil was exchanged for Soviet arms....the Iranians were on the side of America, and the Iraqis were on the side of the soviets, and each side was exploiting the Sunni and Shia divide. Your understanding of history and foreign relations are equal to your understanding of real estate concepts.....sir shut it down or start reading.....you have not posted lucidly now for almost nine months.

2seaoat wrote:Idiocy.  I am listening to Bolton on Fox News saying we are letting Russia have influence in Syria.   A complete lack of historical knowledge by dumb as a post analyst which feed this idea that Russia's presence in Syria is new.  Again, since 1973 Russia/Soviet has had a military presence in Syria, and during the 1973 Middle East war threatened to use SOVIET military force in the war if the Israelis who finally turned defeat into victory did not stop any advances on the western Suez area.  We came to the brink of Nuclear war.  The Soviet Union was critical in Egypt and at one time actively backed the Syrian/Egyptian unified state.

I listened to nonsense two years ago how we were on the verge of war, and now how Putin has mastered America in Syria.   Complete and utter idiocy.  America, Saudi Arabia, and Israel were the forces which were supporting the opposition to the state of Syria.   Israel almost lost the 1973 war after the Egyptians had destroyed 150 Israeli tanks in the Sinai and the Golan Heights were completely vulnerable, and the Syrians had a clear path to the ocean through Israel, yet they stopped for 24 hours which was enough time for America to airlift tanks to Israel and the advance was stopped.   In the eighties Israel destroyed Lebanon.  In the 90s and after 911 the nation state of Iraq was destroyed, and nobody can see that we are still advancing the interests of the Saudis and Israel?  Putin is saying enough Israel and Saudi Arabia.  Stop interfering with the internal affairs of Syria.  The ironic thing is that 250k civilians would be alive today, but for the intervention of the Saudis, Israelis, and Americans in a civil war.  This is just MIC screaming that they are losing profits as the military is downsized and we leave the middle east......Bolton the Neocon supreme is creating the fiction that America is somehow challenged or less safe......again Israel and Saudi Arabia are not America.   Sorry our President has to listen to Bolton saying that Christian genocide is now going to happen.....sorry......the current regime has NEVER conducted any genocide on Christians and Russia would never tolerate the same.  Simple propaganda stirring up low IQ folks who are oblivious to history or zones of influence.

1) Putin has won in this instance and two/three years ago when Obama drew his red lines that were never enforced.

2) Putin has opposite goals in Syria than we have. He wants Assad to survive and continue leading the country. Our goal was regime change. We aren't going to get that now and Putin will ensure it. Putin will wipe out the fighters we have been training/supporting and it will all be for nothing. What will Obama get out of this? Putin's middle finger and another schooling from the former KGB agent is what he will get. He schooled Obama on Assad, the chem weapons that are still in place, and now he will defeat the forces we were counting on to defeat Assad. Obama gets to piss in the wind.

3) Russia gets a hardened and more permanent military presence in Syria.

4) Obama's FP rates an "F" in this part of the world. He is out of his league.

What obama will get is the flood of isis into iraq and probably libya. Congratulations comrades... great strategy.

2seaoat

Obama's FP rates an "F" in this part of the world. He is out of his league.

No, your sophomoric and ill informed analysis deserves an F.

1) Putin has won in this instance and two/three years ago when Obama drew his red lines that were never enforced.

Wrong. Putin failed to act as the Soviets did in 1973 because Obama had taken the battle to Putin in Ukraine and carved off 30% of the former Soviet Union with the coup in Ukraine, and had applied Sanctions. He had every right to do this two years ago upon the invitation of the legitimate head of Syria, but he chose to stay out of it until Syria as a nation was utterly destroyed and the million refugees were about to render the nation state of Syria moot and giving a victory to the Israelis and Saudis....of course with our fingerprints all over it.

2) Putin has opposite goals in Syria than we have. He wants Assad to survive and continue leading the country. Our goal was regime change. We aren't going to get that now and Putin will ensure it. Putin will wipe out the fighters we have been training/supporting and it will all be for nothing. What will Obama get out of this? Putin's middle finger and another schooling from the former KGB agent is what he will get. He schooled Obama on Assad, the chem weapons that are still in place, and now he will defeat the forces we were counting on to defeat Assad. Obama gets to piss in the wind.

Wrong again. Since the Iranian deal, Obama has had enough with the obvious Israeli and Saudi Arabia attempts to trap the United States in the Middle East for our kids to spill blood and throw our wealth down the rabbit hole. He won, and consistent with that is the retraction from regime change, and our goals are not much different than Russia. We need to set up a stable no fly zone and get Syrians home again in a safe zone. We are on the same page as Putin, but the final diplomacy will seal the deal.....none of this is by accident, and contrary to the propaganda, we have known for a month what Russia was going to do.

Double Duh.....after 1973 the Soviets and now the Russians have ALWAYS had a presence in Syria. Sorry your Neocon propaganda is as stupid as invading Iraq, and about as truthful.

This is your dear leader in all his foreign policy genius and awesomeness... lol:

President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.

2seaoat

We are withdrawing from the Middle East. We have cause a regime change in Ukraine which Putin acknowledged on sixty minutes that they have tapes and verification that we backed the coup, and you think Putin has been winning. No, he delayed two years when historically the Soviets would have had troops in Syria in a NY minute......no checker players.

Obama is playing candyland. Oops... he landed on another slide. Green participation ribbons for EVERYONE..!!

2seaoat

Green participation ribbons for EVERYONE..!!

Sorry, I will take the blue ribbon:

April 25, 2013 Seaoat Post

A simplistic analysis of Middle East politics usually does not bode well for America. This assumption that the current regime is wearing the black hat and are the bad guys is pretty much universally recognize except for a few nations.......but this idea that there is some fellow on a white horse with a white hat riding into dodge to save the day.....well that is where the complexity arises.....this is where we need a UN reaction, and not an American reaction. If we are not careful, we could actually make the situation worse. If it was simple.......the US should take the lead, but we really do need Russian involvement, and the UN is the proper location to get the ball moving removing the bad guys but not turning the place over to crazier and more evil people.

Am I just lucky, or maybe the answers are clear, and always have been clear.

2seaoat wrote:Obama's FP rates an "F" in this part of the world. He is out of his league.

No, your sophomoric and ill informed analysis deserves an F.

Wrong.  Putin failed to act as the Soviets did in 1973 because Obama had taken the battle to Putin in Ukraine and carved off 30% of the former Soviet Union with the coup in Ukraine, and had applied Sanctions.  He had every right to do this two years ago upon the invitation of the legitimate head of Syria, but he chose to stay out of it until Syria as a nation was utterly destroyed and the million refugees were about to render the nation state of Syria moot and giving a victory to the Israelis and Saudis....of course with our fingerprints all over it.

Wrong again.  Since the Iranian deal, Obama has had enough with the obvious Israeli and Saudi Arabia attempts to trap the United States in the Middle East for our kids to spill blood and throw our wealth down the rabbit hole.  He won, and consistent with that is the retraction from regime change, and our goals are not much different than Russia.   We need to set up a stable no fly zone and get Syrians home again in a safe zone.  We are on the same page as Putin, but the final diplomacy will seal the deal.....none of this is by accident, and contrary to the propaganda, we have known for a month what Russia was going to do.

Double Duh.....after 1973 the Soviets and now the Russians have ALWAYS had a presence in Syria.  Sorry your Neocon propaganda is as stupid as invading Iraq, and about as truthful.

Moron, it is 2015 and you thinking that Putin will act in the same way that lost Russia influence in the ME during the aforementioned time periods after Arab nations got their asses handed to them time and time again by the Israelies is folly. NO, Obama has squandered any credibility the US has with any ME allies except hardened ones who fear Iran (Bahrain, Qatar, KSA, Oman, UAE). They only remain on our side because we base troops in all those countries or have a credible military presence that can immediately strike Iran if need be. No, the Russians have not had any significant presence in Syria of any worth mentioning except at their Mediterranean port. Now, the port is getting built up along with multiple air bases. Those are going to be fortified and hardened and most likely one day used against Israel. You're as much a fool as Chamberlain when he claimed there would be peace in our time in regard to Nazi Germany. Putin and Iran are the puppetmasters of the Obama puppet who has pretty much capitulated on everything asked of by the aforementioned nations. It's sad you can't see how weakened America is at this point.

2seaoat

You're as much a fool as Chamberlain

So foolish. You think Syria is Austria or Poland. It is not. America was absent from middle east conflict for our entire history until we became a shill for Israel. It is one thing saving their bacon in 1973 when they were getting their asz handed to them, and quite another sending American kids to die and bankrupt our nation to destroy adjacent nation states who pose no threat to America, but a real threat to Israel. I support Israel, but I do not support Americans fighting their battles. If you are an Israeli citizen, I get the Chamberlain analogy, but I am an American.

Name ONE battle American forces have had to directly engage in to save Israel?

You can't. They have asked for money and arms only- they are good enough to win and fight their own battles because they don't use bullshit ROEs when dealing with bloodthirsty Muslims hell bent on driving them into the Med.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Well he finally admits it.  We're not over there to give them democracy.
We're not over there because Saddam Hussein attacked us on 9/11.
We're not over there because Saddam Hussein was gonna drop nukes on us.
We're there for the oil.  
By golly I think we're making progress with Markle.  
Give that boy a drink of Geritol and the Werthers cough drops.  And throw in some Metamucil too.

If there was not 143 billion barrels of recoverable oil beneath Iraq, there would not have EVER been an invasion of that country.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:You're as much a fool as Chamberlain

So foolish.  You think Syria is Austria or Poland.  It is not.  America was absent from middle east conflict for our entire history until we became a shill for Israel.  

Well actually America began to fuck around over there in 1953.  That was when America and Britain used their military force to install an Iranian puppet dictator in Iran.   The Iranians wanted control of their own oil.  So the American and British governments did that so the puppet dictator would roll over for the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company remaining in control of the oil.  You may have heard of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company.  That was the forerunner to the oil conglomerate which pumped all that oil onto Pensacola Beach, BP.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

See here's something that I've never heard anybody talk about on the media.

First of all if  you read any of my posts when Islam is the topic,  you know how much I despise Islam and everything it stands for.

But what never gets talked about is this.  It should be obvious to any thinking person who is able to put himself in the shoes of a populace which was totally under the thumb of a brutal dictator with another country pulling his strings;  that after a decade of that,  the populace would have only one goal and that's rebellion.
In the case of Iran there was only one place they could go to to foment that rebellion.  And that was into the hands of that gutter religion.
If they weren't a foaming at the mouth version of Islamics already,  they became that once they got caught up in that rebellion.

The point is,  and it's an important point,  that the American government itself became the Dr. Frankenstein who helped create that Islamic monster.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You'll never get the markles and pacedogs to learn anything from this.
It's America right or wrong with them and they don't even want to hear anything else.
No different than the assholes on the other side who have the same brainwashing.

2seaoat

You can't. They have asked for money and arms only- they are good enough to win and fight their own battles because they don't use bullshit ROEs when dealing with bloodthirsty Muslims hell bent on driving them into the Med.

Get familiar with the 1973 preemptive strike by the Arabs against Israel. They were kicking Israel's asz until we intervened and sent hundreds of planes and tanks because they dropped the ball......direct....it does not get any more direct when the Soviets were telling us they were going to enter the war. You are oblivious to history and the current situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum