Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago Gun Violence

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chicago Gun Violence Empty Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 4:02 am

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/09/chicago-shooting-record-year/408070/

For the second straight weekend, more than 50 people were shot in the city. The Chicago Tribune reports:

The toll included four men killed and at least 53 people wounded between Friday evening and early Monday morning, according to police. Last weekend, nine people
were killed and at least 45 were wounded.

The violence, which has become bleakly commonplace, didn’t end Monday. The city has endured 2,300 shootings so far this year—an average of more than eight per day and 400 more shootings than at this point last year. And, America’s third-largest city continues to contend with a 21 percent increase in homicides. On Monday evening, an 11-month-old boy was wounded in a south-side shooting that also killed his pregnant mother and his grandmother.

2Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 4:08 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/09/chicago-shooting-record-year/408070/

For the second straight weekend, more than 50 people were shot in the city. The Chicago Tribune reports:

The toll included four men killed and at least 53 people wounded between Friday evening and early Monday morning, according to police. Last weekend, nine people

The violence, which has become bleakly commonplace, didn’t end Monday. The city has endured 2,300 shootings so far this year—an average of more than eight per day and 400 more shootings than at this point last year. And, America’s third-largest city continues to contend with a 21 percent increase in homicides. On Monday evening, an 11-month-old boy was wounded in a south-side shooting that also killed his pregnant mother and his grandmother.

How would you solve this dreadful, tragic problem?

3Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 7:14 am

Martial law in the city. Teach the morons doing the shootings that if they live by the sword, they can die by it. It's the only thing that will fix it due to the ignorance that permeates Chicago and its inhabitants.

4Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 7:59 am

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2015/09/chicago-shooting-record-year/408070/

How would you solve this dreadful, tragic problem?

9 out of 10 perps have criminal records... 8 out of 10 victims have criminal records. I'd say focus on the criminals...

Wouldn't you?

More gun restrictions and controls on law abiding citizens is an epic failure. Right?

5Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 8:02 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I would suggest firearms training so they can hit their targets instead of innocent children. Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot...Dirty Harry.

6Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 8:40 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Obamasucks wrote:Martial law in the city.  Teach the morons doing the shootings that if they live by the sword, they can die by it.  It's the only thing that will fix it due to the ignorance that permeates Chicago and its inhabitants.

Take a deep breath ... this time I agree with you.

7Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 8:54 am

Sal

Sal

As long as the US continues to wage its futile and useless War on Drugs, the violence will continue.

8Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 8:56 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

wordslinger and obamasucks in agreement on the solution to gun violence in Chicago.   Now I've heard everything.  
But neither of you will convince seaoat.  He'll tell you it's all due to white people racism and you two are both racists.  lol

9Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 8:58 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:As long as the US continues to wage its futile and useless War on Drugs, the violence will continue.

You've lost obamasucks with that one. He'll tell you we need to step up the war on drugs. lol

10Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 9:11 am

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:As long as the US continues to wage its futile and useless War on Drugs, the violence will continue.

You've lost obamasucks with that one. He'll tell you we need to step up the war on drugs. lol

As long as the US continues to wage its futile and useless War on inanimate guns, the violence will continue.

11Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 10:16 am

2seaoat

This entire thread is the clueless leading the clueless. Gang violence in Chicago and territories which result in gang tensions have been a continuous reality in Chicago since the 1800. The gun violence is gang violence. You can walk anywhere in Chicago and have zero chance of criminal violence. If you are selling eight balls on the South Side of Chicago, there is a very good chance that you will meet gun violence. The gun violence has been increasing since conceal in carry was the law in Illinois......kinda blows a hole in this whole gun control is the cause of violence.

12Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 10:38 am

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:..kinda blows a hole in this whole gun control is the cause of violence.

Gun control is not the cause of violence but neither is MORE gun control the solution.

I couldn't begin to number the instances of arrests where one of the charges is "possession of a weapon by a convicted felon". Criminals could care less about gun laws.

13Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 10:43 am

The percentages are overwhelmingly opposed to your ideologic ineptitude. Concealed weapons aren't the issue.

Criminals are the issue. That won't be solved by your white guilt ridden misdirected controls on legal gun rights.

It's already illegal for felons to possess a gun... have y'all tried the gun free zone signs yet?

14Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 11:35 am

2seaoat

I have listened for three years the Fox News propaganda here by forum members that gun control is the reason that Chicago violence exists. Conceal and Carry became the law in January, and Chicago gun violence among the gangs explodes, and now those arguments disappear. I see. The brilliant analyst here do not even understand gangs, and now any gang banger without a criminal record can carry legally and commit murders and drive away, and when stopped simply show their id. It reminds me of the hand written note in the untouchables from the mayor to Frank Nitti.........territorial gang violence is a reality of Chicago for the last century.

15Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 12:21 pm

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:The brilliant analyst here do not even understand gangs, and now any gang banger without a criminal record can carry legally and commit murders and drive away, and when stopped simply show their id.

That is such a misguided oversimplification I can't stop laughing.

16Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 12:36 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
As long as the US continues to wage its futile and useless War on inanimate guns, the violence will continue.

There's a war on inanimate guns in the U.S.??

Guess what?

We're losing ....

Chicago Gun Violence Number10

17Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 12:54 pm

2seaoat

That is such a misguided oversimplification I can't stop laughing.

My daughter was on the front pages of the papers winning a jury trial and putting a gang banger away for a brutal double murder where a member of the same gang showed disrespect toward a leader. They have entire task forces tracking gangs. You folks know nothing about gangs or how the criminal enterprise thrives in the drug war. For 15 years the PNJ has been given a directive to not reference gangs in Pensacola's violence....you know the tourists do not want to be afraid......so this huge fiction that the violence in Escambia County is random is your world. If you live in a plastic bubble, I can understand what you think is an oversimplification, but criminal activity is near historical lows, but if you do not understand, I understand your laughter, it is a fool's laughter.

18Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 1:44 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

After reading all the inputs here, I'm all for a combination of martial law in the gangsta neighborhoods, plus legalizing drugs and properly surrendering in the drug war.

19Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 1:53 pm

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:That is such a misguided oversimplification I can't stop laughing.

My daughter was on the front pages of the papers winning a jury trial and putting a gang banger away for a brutal double murder where a member of the same gang showed disrespect toward a leader. They have entire task forces tracking gangs. You folks know nothing about gangs or how the criminal enterprise thrives in the drug war.  For 15 years the PNJ has been given a directive to not reference gangs in Pensacola's violence....you know the tourists do not want to be afraid......so this huge fiction that the violence in Escambia County is random is your world.   If you live in a plastic bubble, I can understand what you think is an oversimplification, but criminal activity is near historical lows, but if you do not understand, I understand your laughter, it is a fool's laughter.

My, my, my - aren't you just full of yourself. Or something. Unbeknownst to you (not that it matters to you) I grew up outside Washington DC - I am well and personally familiar with gangs. Not vicariously through a daughter but well and personally familiar. I also saw a lot of gang activity when I lived in Jacksonville, FL. So 2SO in spite of your unqualified braggadocio your analysis of the situation is in fact oversimplified and laughable. When I try to read some of your bloviating, self-important diatribes I'm reminded of this:

Chicago Gun Violence Wizard

20Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 2:21 pm

Lol... one of our forum friends that doesn't post often calls him seaoz. She hit it directly on the head.

He's so twisted up trying to maintain the pc green participation ribbon progressive angst that he can't focus anymore.

21Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 9/30/2015, 3:39 pm

2seaoat

After I pass my wife will inform. Nobody on this forum has even got close to understanding the violence in Chicago. Chicago is one of the safest cities in America, but for the Gang warfare. I know Gangs. If somebody posted anything close to an intelligent analysis of what has been going on in Chicago, I would suspect they knew gangs. NOBODY on this forum has a clue as reflected by their ignorant posts in regard to the violence in Chicago. I have seen what a federal task force can do when focused on gangs. The prosecutions my daughter has been involved with have been a ten year federal prosecution where the suspicions were that local LEO had been compromised by gangs. I have personally interacted with one officer who most certainly was dirty who outright threatened me and in a gang shootings where a woman who was separated from her gang bang husband sent hit people over to the house after asking her when she was going to get a new mattress as she explained she was sleeping on the living room couch. They came in the cover of darkness and put 24 bullets through the front window into that couch. He threatened me with his gang connections but F'ing with the feds does not work and the power of the gangs had been crushed, and they ran like rats from the police department once the feds focused on the dirty links of leo and gangs....Murder rates went from 20-25 a year to zero for two years....post something I can respect based on actual knowledge, otherwise continue to be utterly stupid. If you cannot figure I am the real deal based on real world gang interaction, then you are consistently stupid and removed from reality to even make a judgment. I could tell a hundred gang stories and have told many on the PNJ, but I must be careful how I frame the same because I remain a ghost.

22Chicago Gun Violence Empty Re: Chicago Gun Violence 10/1/2015, 9:11 am

gatorfan

2seaoat wrote:but I must be careful how I frame the same because I remain a ghost.

ROFLMAO!!! Seriously????

Chicago Gun Violence Toto-Exposes-The-Wizard-the-wizard-of-oz-6594182-472-318

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum