Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Muslim clock builder boy's father is a Muslim activist and twice ran for President of Sudan

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://freedompost.us/2015/09/18/turns-out-innocent-victim-and-clock-builder-achmed-mohameds-daddy-is-a-muslim-activist/

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Obamasucks wrote:http://freedompost.us/2015/09/18/turns-out-innocent-victim-and-clock-builder-achmed-mohameds-daddy-is-a-muslim-activist/

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm a little uncomfortable with the whole Muslims as terrorists thing. I mean starting with 911 right down to ISIS and the beheadings...

However, I post this passage below because the writer points out things that I've not heard anyone else question. This is a great example of how we mindlessly consume "news" reports and are apparently unable to critically evaluate the information we are being given.

Have any of you ever heard these points that the writer brings up? I haven't exactly been glued to the news lately but I sure missed this.  These points are an indictment of our thought process, or lack thereof.

Great Post Sent to Me Today

I said: it's sad they thought that kid had a bomb.
She said: they didn't think he had a bomb.
I said: yes, they thought he made a bomb and even called the police.
She said: They just wanted to humiliate a little Muslim boy. They didn't think he had a bomb.
I said: Don't be a conspiracy theorist. They might be a little prejudiced, but I'm sure they thought he had a bomb.
She said: OK.
But they didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't call a bomb squad - like you do when there's a bomb.
They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.
Then they put him and the clock in an office: not like you do when there's a bomb
Then they waited with him for the police to arrive, and then they put the clock in the same car as the police.
Then they took pictures of it.

I said: Damn.....They never thought he had a bomb.

EQUAL RIGHTS are HUMAN RIGHTS
The Irving PD, & the School Admin will be rightfully sued.
They can now pay Ahmed's way to MIT.
Thanks.
"They never thought he had a bomb"

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:Okay, I'll admit it, I'm a little uncomfortable with the whole Muslims as terrorists thing. I mean starting with 911 right down to ISIS and the beheadings...

However, I post this passage below because the writer points out things that I've not heard anyone else question. This is a great example of how we mindlessly consume "news" reports and are apparently unable to critically evaluate the information we are being given.

Have any of you ever heard these points that the writer brings up? I haven't exactly been glued to the news lately but I sure missed this.  These points are an indictment of our thought process, or lack thereof.

You have to understand, PeeDog hates Muslims so greatly that if he could, he would herd them all into camps and commit genocide against them.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I've been away from the news for over a week and not up on the details of this story, didn't know anything other than there was a boy who built a clock, etc.

But what my post is about is not really the details of the story or what came after that but the incredibly obvious statements the woman makes when she's pointing out all the things that didn't happen, that you would expect to have happen if OMG: THERE'S A BOMB!!

Like, evacuating the school, isolating the "bomb", etc. I mean, no one seemed to key in to these very obvious things. It is a post about how we think or fail to think more than it is about this particular incident, although it does illustrate the gullible way we see and hear things.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

You have to understand, PeeDog hates Muslims so greatly that if he could, he would herd them all into camps and commit genocide against them.

Okay, I get that, and it also shows how we take in "news". Have you ever heard of these observations being made anywhere else? Doesn't it seem totally out of character (because it is) or out of standard procedures to not say, call in the bomb squad?

It just amazes me that no reporter or lawyer has yet to question why that did not happen!

Sal

Sal

The authorities never said they thought it was a bomb.

They said it was a "hoax bomb", which I guess is illegal because it could cause a panic or whatever.

And, the kid didn't invent anything.

He took apart a 1970s digital alarm clock, and put the components back together in a case in such a way as would easily be mistaken as a time bomb.

It's clear to me that the authorities overreacted, but it is also clear to me that this kid (or whoever put him up to it) was seeking precisely the reaction he got.

Salinsky wrote:

It's clear to me that the authorities overreacted, but it is also clear to me that this kid (or whoever put him up to it) was seeking precisely the reaction he got.

Ding ding ding...

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

othershoe1030 wrote:I've been away from the news for over a week and not up on the details of this story, didn't know anything other than there was a boy who built a clock, etc.

But what my post is about is not really the details of the story or what came after that but the incredibly obvious statements the woman makes when she's pointing out all the things that didn't happen, that you would expect to have happen if OMG: THERE'S A BOMB!!

Like, evacuating the school, isolating the "bomb", etc. I mean, no one seemed to key in to these very obvious things. It is a post about how we think or fail to think more than it is about this particular incident, although it does illustrate the gullible way we see and hear things.

The story sent to you has been all over the internet and facebook.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Joanimaroni wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I've been away from the news for over a week and not up on the details of this story, didn't know anything other than there was a boy who built a clock, etc.

The story sent to you has been all over the internet and facebook.

Well, good. I'm glad to hear that. I hope it makes people think about how undiscerning most of us were when we first heard of the incident.

It's the lack of noticing all these things that really bugs me. Why didn't we wonder about them at first? I think part of our swallowing the "it must have been a bomb" story was that it fit with how we think about Muslims.

If it was a prank of sorts to get attention and a scholarship to MIT then that's a shame but kind of funny too, creative but in a dishonest way.

What's the big deal anyway? Kids get suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun... even just pointing their finger like we all did as kids. A girl was arrested for having wooden props used in rotc drils in her locked car. A schoolyard scrap is now a police matter. This is the zero tolerance progressive solution in practice... enjoy comrades. The only difference here is this kids ethnicity... y'all are racists.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:What's the big deal anyway? Kids get suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun... even just pointing their finger like we all did as kids. A girl was arrested for having wooden props used in rotc drils in her locked car. A schoolyard scrap is now a police matter. This is the zero tolerance progressive solution in practice... enjoy comrades. The only difference here is this kids ethnicity... y'all are racists.

The whole concept of zero tolerance is ridiculous. It removes thinking from the enforcement process, more of a right wing fascist way of looking at society than a progressive/liberal attitude IMO.

Don't "comrade" me about this. It was Reagan and his War on Drugs that first brought the concept of zero tolerance to the political arena. It is a very authoritarian approach to punishment.

It is a lazy person's way of dealing with problems. Why should the principal or police officer have to think/evaluate a situation when they can just fall back on this outlandish (as you've pointed out above) way of enforcing the rules.

othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What's the big deal anyway? Kids get suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun... even just pointing their finger like we all did as kids. A girl was arrested for having wooden props used in rotc drils in her locked car. A schoolyard scrap is now a police matter. This is the zero tolerance progressive solution in practice... enjoy comrades. The only difference here is this kids ethnicity... y'all are racists.

The whole concept of zero tolerance is ridiculous. It removes thinking from the enforcement process, more of a right wing fascist way of looking at society than a progressive/liberal attitude IMO.

Don't "comrade" me about this. It was Reagan and his War on Drugs that first brought the concept of zero tolerance to the political arena. It is a very authoritarian approach to punishment.

It is a lazy person's way of dealing with problems. Why should the principal or police officer have to think/evaluate a situation when they can just fall back on this outlandish (as you've pointed out above) way of enforcing the rules.

Right wing? Lol... I hope you're joking. Our education system and the mamby pamby control of it is progressive.

Do you really think the right endorses kicking kids out of school for eating their pop tart into the shape of a gun?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_tolerance_(schools)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_Schools_Act_of_1994

Maybe we just need big no (fake) bomb signs... problem solved... lol. This is just more green participation ribbon mentality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum