Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour.

+2
Markle
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It's just more pandering to the weak. Those unwilling to better themselves. The green participation ribbon mentality.

Throughout human history there have been those that are ill prepared... not willing to work hard. Now that is celebrated.

Can you imagine human evolution taking place along these terms? Lol... we would still be in the stone age.

And we certainly won't evolve much being here with this agenda. It's as if people have forgotten the struggle.

We're a bunch of candy assed weaklings these days. We don't know sacrifice or risk. It's a safetynet society.

The west would've never been ours under this mentality. I can't imagine leftists venturing into the unknown.

Shows how little you know about leftists.  You should'a been with me on the island of Babeldoub, in Palau.  Or at El Nido, in Palawan, Philippine islands, or Aitutaki in the Cook Islands, or Waiheke, in Auckland.  Or Fuji Yoshida at the foot of Mt. Fuji, or the Bob Marshal Forest, in Montana on the Continental Divide.  You gutless wonder conservatives are afraid of trying Thai food,  lol.    

Like me, you were a visitor to those islands doing nothing else but being a tourist. At least I climbed Fuji when I was stationed at the base of the mountain.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Why do republicans hate the idea of fast food workers earning a living wage?  Why do they resent poor workers getting a raise?  It's good to know your enemies!

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_nat.htm

$15.00 for a fast food worker without an education would be making more money than many trained/educated individuals that do a lot more than ask if you want it "super-sized".

Can you cite some instances of trained/educated individuals working for less than $15 per hour?

I gave you a list...many medical assistants, hospital technicians, secretarial/office workers, and delivery people to name a few.

I also remember when I made $15.00 an hour....the work was never as easy as pushing pictures on a cash register. Breaks and lunches were taken only when time permitted. The 10 hour days often stretched to 12-13 hours a day.

2seaoat

Fast food workers surely don't deserve to make more than the entry level military workers who risk their lives.

Why not. As we downsize the military, we do not need more homeless military without skills to make it in the real world. We need living wages for Americans and less military entry level folks. I have worked as a bus boy and dishwasher making minimum wage, and it was those jobs which paid for my college education. Today a kid cannot help pay his college education on minimum wage. I am thankful in 1966 through 1972 I had access to a fair minimum wage.....it changed my life.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Obamasucks wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:It's just more pandering to the weak. Those unwilling to better themselves. The green participation ribbon mentality.

Throughout human history there have been those that are ill prepared... not willing to work hard. Now that is celebrated.

Can you imagine human evolution taking place along these terms? Lol... we would still be in the stone age.

And we certainly won't evolve much being here with this agenda. It's as if people have forgotten the struggle.

We're a bunch of candy assed weaklings these days. We don't know sacrifice or risk. It's a safetynet society.

The west would've never been ours under this mentality. I can't imagine leftists venturing into the unknown.

Shows how little you know about leftists.  You should'a been with me on the island of Babeldoub, in Palau.  Or at El Nido, in Palawan, Philippine islands, or Aitutaki in the Cook Islands, or Waiheke, in Auckland.  Or Fuji Yoshida at the foot of Mt. Fuji, or the Bob Marshal Forest, in Montana on the Continental Divide.  You gutless wonder conservatives are afraid of trying Thai food,  lol.    

Like me, you were a visitor to those islands doing nothing else but being a tourist. At least I climbed Fuji when I was stationed at the base of the mountain.

No baby, except for my four hunting trips to the Bob Marshal Wilderness, I lived from several months to years on the places I listed. And I don't believe you climbed Fuji. Prove it to me. How many stations to the top?

2seaoat

I wonder how long we will wait for an honest answer....my bet he will ignore the thread.

2seaoat wrote:Fast food workers surely don't deserve to make more than the entry level military workers who risk their lives.

Why not.  As we downsize the military, we do not need more homeless military without skills to make it in the real world.  We need living wages for Americans and less military entry level folks. I have worked as a bus boy and dishwasher making minimum wage, and it was those jobs which paid for my college education.  Today a kid cannot help pay his college education on minimum wage.  I am thankful in 1966 through 1972 I had access to a fair minimum wage.....it changed my life.

We've downsized the military all it is going to be downsized so get use to it old man. For those who want help paying for college, the Post 9-11 GI Bill is the best option out there. Like Kennedy said, "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." Anyhow, full tuition and a living stipend of equal to E-5 housing allowance based on current living zip code along with 100% tuition and 1000 for books per year. I got 783 per month for the stipend just going PT to grad school.

Wordslinger wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

No baby, except for my four hunting trips to the Bob Marshal Wilderness, I lived from several months to years on the places I listed.  And I don't believe you climbed Fuji.  Prove it to me.   How many stations to the top?

I don't remember how many stations to the top, I didn't buy a stupid walking stick to get the names of the station burned into it...we just did it for shits and grins because it was the weekend before payday and we had no money to go to Tokyo. We took our 782 gear we needed and plowed up and then RAN down the mountain making the up and return trip in 7 hours. Actually, it might have been six, but that was in 1983 so I can't remember. I have more time in the Gotemba and Numazu train stations going to Tokyo and back that you have time on the crapper in the military.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Why do republicans hate the idea of fast food workers earning a living wage?  Why do they resent poor workers getting a raise?  It's good to know your enemies!

$15.00 for a fast food worker without an education would be making more money than many trained/educated individuals that do a lot more than ask if you want it "super-sized".

Can you cite some instances of trained/educated individuals working for less than $15 per hour?

I gave you a list...many medical assistants, hospital technicians,  secretarial/office  workers,  and delivery people to name a few.

I also remember when I made $15.00 an hour....the work was never as easy as pushing pictures on a cash register.  Breaks and lunches  were taken only when time permitted. The 10 hour days often stretched to 12-13 hours a day.

You consider secretarial/office workers trained and educated, ditto for delivery service workers? Does an X-ray technician or lab technician make less than $15 an hour?

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I gave you a list...many medical assistants, hospital technicians,  secretarial/office  workers,  and delivery people to name a few.

I also remember when I made $15.00 an hour....the work was never as easy as pushing pictures on a cash register.  Breaks and lunches  were taken only when time permitted. The 10 hour days often stretched to 12-13 hours a day.

You consider secretarial/office workers trained and educated, ditto for delivery service workers?  Does an X-ray technician or lab technician make less than $15 an hour?

Everyone does not have the same skill set of abilities moron.

2seaoat

Nothing personal, but the teat sucking has to stop with manufactured wars which do NOTHING to defend America and make the military Industrial complex rich. The five trillion dollar price tag of the two wars and cutting taxes has hurt America, and the brilliant idea of the GI bill has been abused with these wars of aggression such that America is up to its gills with debt and not a scintilla of differences with all the teat suckers and government grants.....we need people working and contributing in the private sector. My son's friends who were marginal before Iraq are back with marginal jobs, stipends for school, and GI loans on a home.....it is not all about the best and brightest, or a recruitment ad, but some pretty sad stuff. We need kids to work and build a future, but instead we have more handouts to give. I am not anti service man, but anti stupid wars and the mess it starts when the walking wounded come home and are permanently on the government dole as abuses are rampant......pay a working wage and get this country back on course where the private sector is where folks work.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:It's clear none of you conservatives here have ever worked the kitchen at Chic Filet, or been part of the clean-up crew at Hardy's ...  you people are consistent in expressing your hatred for the less fortunate folks whose only possibility of a long term job is McDonalds.  Thank you for reminding me why I dislike and disrespect y'all.  

Once again you are proud to call attention to your ignorance.

Lot's of people have long term jobs with McDonalds. They go on to manage units and own them as well.

Excuse me, I haven't noticed where you posted the rate of earning minimum wage are the heads of households. Where was that?

Too, what is the average income of a household where one worker earns the minimum wage?

Come on, step up, show your courage!

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Obamasucks wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

No baby, except for my four hunting trips to the Bob Marshal Wilderness, I lived from several months to years on the places I listed.  And I don't believe you climbed Fuji.  Prove it to me.   How many stations to the top?

Wow! Talk about DESPERATION! Do you always carry a rose with you?

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 2 Desperation_zpsax330ep5

2seaoat

Mr. Markle is trying to paste and cut his way up the IQ ladder to an economist.....his misconceptions of how economics work are epic......but his questions only confirm his was once a realtor which most certainly fit his ranking. When you start posting peer reviewed articles on the impact of the minimum wage by economist maybe somebody will try to have a dialogue with somebody who has serious conceptual problems, but until then tell us what inflation is, or a managing broker, or when you are required to disclose your status at a real estate auction.......you keep adding to the list.....and quite frankly.....that is priceless, but I am still waiting if you have a clue on the different classifications of manufactured homes and the requirements to become real estate.......I definitely think you need to stay a ghost because right now I am certain you do stand up comedy.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Nothing personal, but the teat sucking has to stop with manufactured wars which do NOTHING to defend America and make the military Industrial complex rich.  The five trillion dollar price tag of the two wars and cutting taxes has hurt America, and the brilliant idea of the GI bill has been abused with these wars of aggression such that America is up to its gills with debt and not a scintilla of differences with all the teat suckers and government grants.....we need people working and contributing in the private sector.  My son's friends who were marginal before Iraq are back with marginal jobs, stipends for school, and GI loans on a home.....it is not all about the best and brightest, or a recruitment ad, but some pretty sad stuff.  We need kids to work and build a future, but instead we have more handouts to give.  I am not anti service man, but anti stupid wars and the mess it starts when the walking wounded come home and are permanently on the government dole as abuses are rampant......pay a working wage and get this country back on course where the private sector is where folks work.

I'm not sure what there is to be proud of with you stating your son has marginal friends. But hey, that's better than saying they're losers!

Perhaps you will step up and help your good friend Wordslinger out of a tough spot!

Lot's of people have long term jobs with McDonalds. They go on to manage units and own them as well.

Excuse me, I haven't noticed where you posted the rate of earning minimum wage are the heads of households. Where was that?

Too, what is the average income of a household where one worker earns the minimum wage?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle is trying to paste and cut his way up the IQ ladder to an economist.....his misconceptions of how economics work are epic......but his questions only confirm his was once a realtor which most certainly fit his ranking.   When you start posting peer reviewed articles on the impact of the minimum wage by economist maybe somebody will try to have a dialogue with somebody who has serious conceptual problems, but until then tell us what inflation is, or a managing broker, or when you are required to disclose your status at a real estate auction.......you keep adding to the list.....and quite frankly.....that is priceless, but I am still waiting if you have a clue on the different classifications of manufactured homes and the requirements to become real estate.......I definitely think you need to stay a ghost because right now I am certain you do stand up comedy.

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 2 Socratestoo

2seaoat

Did not like my answer. In regard to kids which were serious head cases before they went in the military and came out worse......yea the ads do not show that reality. One of his friends in on permanent disability for mental issues.....he was marginal when he went in and now has a disability check the rest of his life. Others were lost kids who had run out of options.....it was not like the recruitment ads, and after divorces and meandering around with no purpose and getting their stipends and going to school with no direction....yea, raise the minimum wage and cut the military......lets try to give kids a real chance without using them as cannon fodder for profits for MIC.

2seaoat wrote:Did not like my answer.  In regard to kids which were serious head cases before they went in the military and came out worse......yea the ads do not show that reality.  One of his friends in on permanent disability for mental issues.....he was marginal when he went in and now has a disability check the rest of his life.  Others were lost kids who had run out of options.....it was not like the recruitment ads, and after divorces and meandering around with no purpose and getting their stipends and going to school with no direction....yea, raise the minimum wage and cut the military......lets try to give kids a real chance without using them as cannon fodder for profits for MIC.

Funny, many in your generation came out of NAm (after you pudded out) and did quite well with the skills they learned in the military. If they were too stupid on the ASVAB to do so, they deserve minimum wage

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

You consider secretarial/office workers trained and educated, ditto for delivery service workers?  Does an X-ray technician or lab technician make less than $15 an hour?

Secretary/ offine workers are trained and educated. They need to be computer, spelling,  and communication literate as well as organizational skills and the ability to work various office machines. So yes, they need the skills and abilities to work in that field.

Median pay for Phlebotomy Technicians (lab tech blood drawer)in the United States ...$12.75 per hour. The income range spans the entire spectrum between $9.61 per hour and $17.52. Trained in anatomy, sterile technique, interveinous skills, lab tests, proper collection techniques and labeling specimens and logging in blood samples. Often they will start the samples in various machines.

You do realize the difference between a technologist and  technicians, don't you?

Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians detail 160,460 1.5% 1.187 $18.45 $19.59 $40,750 0.4%
29-2021 Dental Hygienists detail 196,520 1.3% 1.454 $34.38 $34.60 $71,970 0.5%
29-2030 Diagnostic Related Technologists and Technicians broad 357,690 0.7% 2.647 $28.64 $29.23 $60,800 0.2%
29-2031 Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians detail 51,080 1.3% 0.378 $26.12 $26.54 $55,210 0.4%
29-2032 Diagnostic Medical Sonographers detail 59,760 1.4% 0.442 $32.47 $32.88 $68,390 0.4%
29-2033 Nuclear Medicine Technologists detail 20,320 1.8% 0.150 $34.66 $35.21 $73,230 0.4%
29-2034 Radiologic Technologists detail 193,400 0.9% 1.431 $26.86 $27.65 $57,510 0.3%
29-2035 Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists detail 33,130 1.8% 0.245 $32.26 $32.36 $67,300 0.4%
29-2041 Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics detail 235,760 1.4% 1.745 $15.24 $16.88 $35,110 0.7%
29-2050 Health Practitioner Support Technologists and Technicians broad 700,820 0.6% 5.186 $15.41 $16.36 $34,040 0.3%
29-2051 Dietetic Technicians detail 28,690 2.8% 0.212 $12.39 $13.75 $28,600 0.7%
29-2052 Pharmacy Technicians detail 368,760 0.8% 2.729 $14.33 $14.95 $31,090 0.3%
29-2053 Psychiatric Technicians detail 64,540 2.1% 0.478 $14.97 $16.91 $35,160 1.3%
29-2054 Respiratory Therapy Technicians detail 10,610 3.2% 0.078 $22.98 $23.46 $48,800 0.7%
29-2055 Surgical Technologists detail 98,450 1.2% 0.729 $20.84 $21.64 $45,010 0.3%
29-2056 Veterinary Technologists and Technicians detail 93,300 1.7% 0.690 $14.94 $15.56 $32,350 0.5%
29-2057 Ophthalmic Medical Technicians detail 36,470 3.6% 0.270 $16.94 $17.56 $36,520 0.6%
29-2061 Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses detail 695,610 0.6% 5.148 $20.43 $20.87 $43,420 0.2%
29-2071 Medical Records and Health Information Technicians detail 184,740 1.0% 1.367 $17.26 $18.68 $38,860 0.4%
29-2081 Opticians, Dispensing detail 73,110 1.9% 0.541 $16.48 $17.43 $36,260 0.7%
29-2090 Miscellaneous Health Technologists and Technicians broad 109,580 1.4% 0.811 $20.53 $22.85 $47,520 0.6%
29-2091 Orthotists and Prosthetists detail 7,830 5.6% 0.058 $30.79 $33.99 $70,690 1.9%
29-2092 Hearing Aid Specialists detail 5,570 7.5% 0.041 $20.68 $22.99 $47,820 3.5%
29-2099 Health Technologists and Technicians, All Other detail 96,170 1.4% 0.712 $19.91 $21.93 $45,620 0.5%

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 9/13/2015, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Did not like my answer.  In regard to kids which were serious head cases before they went in the military and came out worse......yea the ads do not show that reality.  One of his friends in on permanent disability for mental issues.....he was marginal when he went in and now has a disability check the rest of his life.  Others were lost kids who had run out of options.....it was not like the recruitment ads, and after divorces and meandering around with no purpose and getting their stipends and going to school with no direction....yea, raise the minimum wage and cut the military......lets try to give kids a real chance without using them as cannon fodder for profits for MIC.

Still afraid to answer a couple of simple questions. Why?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I would hate to be the head of household working at McDonalds.  When I was 15 I worked part time at a Dairy Queen.....no skills invoved. The dairy side...you had to know how to fill a cone and then dip it.  That was a little tricky and it took a little practice to get it right. I guess I should have been given a raise for completing that task.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

To Joani and Semi Sane Markle: Okay, we get it. You don't want workers to earn a living wage. Luckily, NY City doesn't listen to folks like you.

Do you even know what "earn" means? I highly doubt it. You've been conditioned to conflate it with a hand out.

My idea of just adding a zero to the end of every dollar amount makes more sense.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Do you even know what "earn" means?  I highly doubt it. You've been conditioned to conflate it with a hand out.

My idea of just adding a zero to the end of every dollar amount makes more sense.

Hell kiddo, I'm still earning!  And earned my first few bucks at age three, being led on stage by my Mom (she and dad were vaudeville producers).  They had trained me to memorize all the state capitals.  The audience would shout out a state and I'd answer with the capital city.  My initial social security account started in 1937.  I've worked as a stone mason apprentice, a carpenter helper, a potato picker, sugar beet harvester, hay bucker, grocery store worker, painter, worked at a plant that manufactured aluminum building components, at a paid trout lake, as a dishwasher in a cafe, processed and delivered meat and provisions to inns and restaurants in the High Sierra, sold doors, frames and finished lumber, as a Direct Mail salesman and creative supervisor, an advertising copy writer, an ad agency creative director, and then as the owner of my own ad agency for more than 32 years.  Also wrote TV.  And, I suppose I've missed a few here, but hell, I'm old now. Even so, my second book is being edited and I've started a new one.

What the fuck do you know about earning?

OH BOY! It's time, boys and girls, to see who can piss as high as those frogs in Bob's backyard!

cheers

Razz

2seaoat

What the fuck do you know about earning?

Pk he has asked a legitimate question. I know you teach tennis, and I like that a great deal because kids need mentors, but how would your "work" credentials match up with a man who has a pretty impressive resume of real work.

You kind of have that silver spoon air about you, and I have unfortunately seen mommy and daddy pay for the private tennis lessons to make some incredible tennis brats......so maybe you need to answer your own question you poised to slinger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum