Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour.

+2
Markle
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

My idea of just adding a zero to the end of numbers makes as much sense. There's no sustainable solution.

While the solution is debasing the currency.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:BOF....said if you show up at work you should be paid enough to provide....

" Either way, if someone is to be able to show up to their fast food position, it is a given that they're going to need 1) daily caloric intake, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc. "

No matter what...give them $15.00 an hour.  Suppose someone in a lower paying position, more qualified than the fast food worker with no skills,  shows up who should be employed?

I said that if you show up to work, it necessary requires you to be alive.  I also said that in order to remain alive....well...you can read the rest.

What part of that are you struggling with?

Did you read the rest?

You are assuming that all fast food workers live on their own.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:I just responded to all of that.  I told you that I don't the answers to those questions.  Can you not read?

This would be your queue to make your point.  Give us the answers to your questions and then use that information to make whatever point it is that you're trying to make.

Can you do that, Ole' Man Markle?  Are capable of using words to form coherent sentences so as to transfer an idea over the internet?

Curious is it not?  Boards of FL and the other wide left Progressives here rant and rail about what MUST be done with the minimum wage...yet they are PROUD TO POST THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW THEIR *** FROM THEIR ELBOWS about the subject.

SO TYPICAL of Progressives!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I just responded to all of that.  I told you that I don't the answers to those questions.  Can you not read?

This would be your queue to make your point.  Give us the answers to your questions and then use that information to make whatever point it is that you're trying to make.

Can you do that, Ole' Man Markle?  Are capable of using words to form coherent sentences so as to transfer an idea over the internet?

Curious is it not?  Boards of FL and the other wide left Progressives here rant and rail about what MUST be done with the minimum wage...yet they are PROUD TO POST THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW THEIR *** FROM THEIR ELBOWS about the subject.

SO TYPICAL of Progressives!

You asked me a series of very specific questions.  I don't know the answers to those questions off hand.  That really is the beginning and end of it.  You haven't contributed anything to this discussion but a series of questions.  And now you're claiming some sort of victory?   Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the state of the republican voting base. This is it. This is as good as it gets.

Watch this, Markle:

Hey, Markle!  How much time would it take for a bowling ball weighing 15 lbs on planet earth take to fall from a height of 20 feet to the surface of Mars?  Huh?  Huh?  Why don't you be brave here and answer my question, huh?!?! Huh?

And if you can't answer that, it means GRAVITY DOES NOT EXIST!

Huh?!? Huh?!

That's what you look like, Ole' Man Markle.

Here you go, sir.   The nurse has moved your chair over there by the window.  No need to worry about this political stuff.  Go enjoy your werthers original and stare out the window.

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 5 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:BOF....said if you show up at work you should be paid enough to provide....

" Either way, if someone is to be able to show up to their fast food position, it is a given that they're going to need 1) daily caloric intake, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc. "

No matter what...give them $15.00 an hour.  Suppose someone in a lower paying position, more qualified than the fast food worker with no skills,  shows up who should be employed?

I said that if you show up to work, it necessary requires you to be alive.  I also said that in order to remain alive....well...you can read the rest.

Did you read the rest?

I don't assume that all fast food workers live on their own because I myself worked for minimum wage at a fast food joint while in high school living with my parents. What I'm saying is that many who work in fast food do in fact live on their own and do in fact rely on their wage to provide things like 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc..; and when that wage doesn't afford them the ability to provide those things, the rest of us (government) bridges the gap. All I am suggesting is that the McDonald's customers pay for the full cost of McDonald's employees as opposed to the rest of us.

What, do you feel that the entire fast food industry is supported by high school dependents?

2seaoat

The minimum wage can be abused. When it is abused, I think fair criticism is due. Now it has been abused for the last thirty five years where government has had to jump in and cover the social costs of exploited workers where profits are fungible and taken off shore. America has greatly suffered as the attack on wages for American workers have gone too far.

Equally abusive is this idea that 15 bucks an hour over the next three years is a remedy for the abuses of the last 35 years. Clearly, anything over 12 bucks an hour over that three year phase in is an abuse, but in the opposite direction.

We need common sense moderates who have intelligence and understand economics and the advantages to a consumer driven GDP when wages are fair.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Did you read the rest?

I don't assume that all fast food workers live on their own because I myself worked for minimum wage at a fast food joint while in high school living with my parents.  What I'm saying is that many who work in fast food do in fact live on their own and do in fact rely on their wage to provide things like 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc..; and when that wage doesn't afford them the ability to provide those things, the rest of us (government) bridges the gap.  All I am suggesting is that the McDonald's customers pay for the full cost of McDonald's employees as opposed to the rest of us.  

What, do you feel that the entire fast food industry is supported by high school dependents?  

Your experience was much like my granddaughter.....we're youp duties worth $15.00 an hour?

Should we pay workers more, that do the same job as a high school student, just because they live on their own?

2seaoat

What if we did not call the minimum wage the minimum wage. What if we called it subsidy equalization. You see the American taxpayers are subsidizing large American corporations which exploit their workers as we the taxpayers must supplement the lack of a living wage. All common sense begs is that these subsidies should be lowered and taxpayers should save money.

Increasing the minimum wage transfers the subsidy from large record breaking profitable Corporation to American workers who now will need less subsidy from taxpayers......who could possibly be against subsidy equalization?.....oh I guess the folks who have been robbing Americans might have a problem.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:Should we pay workers more, that do the same job as a high school student, just because they live on their own?

Good god, it isn't our choice.  For the 18 millionth time, if they are to survive, those workers need 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc.  If their wage doesn't afford them the ability to provide those things, the rest of us end up filling that wage gap so that they can provide those things anyways.

Think of a small burger joint that you or I will never go to in Idaho called, Big Bob's Burgers.  They pay minimum wage.  Those workers need 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc.  Being it the case that their wage doesn't afford them the ability to provide those things, you and I pay for those things for those employees.   Should it be yours and my responsibility to do that?  Or should the employer and the customers of that establishment pay for that?  

Who should be paying for the 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc, for McDonald's employees?  Customers of McDonalds?  Or the rest of the us (the government)?

I don't eat at Papa John's, so should I be paying for the 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, and 4) etc, of Papa John's employees, or should Papa John's be paying that?

I have to ask, is English your native language?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Should we pay workers more, that do the same job as a high school student, just because they live on their own?

Good god, it isn't our choice.  For the 18 millionth time, if they are to survive, those workers need 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc.  If their wage doesn't afford them the ability to provide those things, the rest of us end up filling that wage gap so that they can provide those things anyways.

Think of a small burger joint that you or I will never go to in Idaho called, Big Bob's Burgers.  They pay minimum wage.  Those workers need 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc.  Being it the case that their wage doesn't afford them the ability to provide those things, you and I pay for those things for those employees.   Should it be yours and my responsibility to do that?  Or should the employer and the customers of that establishment pay for that?  

Who should be paying for the 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, 4) etc, for McDonald's employees?  Customers of McDonalds?  Or the rest of the us (the government)?

I don't eat at Papa John's, so should I be paying for the 1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, and 4) etc, of Papa John's employees, or should Papa John's be paying that?

Why are you so proud to be so ignorant about a topic in which you seem to have a passionate, though senseless, interest.

What is the rate of workers earning minimum wage who are the heads of households.

What is the average income of households where one of the workers earns minimum wage?

Come on guys...step up.

2seaoat

Your questions are irrelevant. Use the search function where I answered each and every one of your non relevant questions. After I did the same you were silent for months......now in your senility, you act like your questions were not answered in detail. You argued.....You lost, and now you think we are stupid enough to keep doing the same thing with you which would be the definition of insanity. So here is my question. Why did you recognize my answers to your questions and the links which you responded, and now a few months later pose the question? Did you forget the thread? Did you forget your answers or my links to your question. Did you forget how to get home today? Or are you just wasting everybody's time to run from a very real policy question? I will await your answer......waiting for Godot. I will not help you find that thread or give you those answers. I did it once and you ran.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote: Your questions are irrelevant.  Use the search function where I answered each and every one of your non relevant questions.  After I did the same you were silent for months......now in your senility, you act like your questions were not answered in detail.  You argued.....You lost, and now you think we are stupid enough to keep doing the same thing with you which would be the definition of insanity.   So here is my question.   Why did you recognize my answers to your questions and the links which you responded, and now a few months later pose the question?   Did you forget the thread?   Did you forget your answers or my links to your question.   Did you forget how to get home today?   Or are you just wasting everybody's time to run from a very real policy question?   I will await your answer......waiting for Godot.  I will not help you find that thread or give you those answers.  I did it once and you ran.

IF they're irrelevant, why are all you far left Progressives afraid to answer them?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:

I really believe you are the one with a problem...not to mention a broken record regarding
1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, and 4) etc,

Once you start paying $15.00 an hour for unskilled menial labor what do you pay the skilled educated labor? If the salary of fast food workers rise....the general pay scale must also rise.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

I really believe you are the one with a problem...not to mention a broken record regarding
1) food, 2) clothing, 3) shelter, and 4) etc,

Once you start paying $15.00 an hour for unskilled menial labor what do you pay the skilled educated labor?

Whatever wage above the minimum that the market will bear.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Why are you so proud to be so ignorant about a topic in which you seem to have a passionate, though senseless, interest.  

What is the rate of workers earning minimum wage who are the heads of households.

What is the average income of households where one of the workers earns minimum wage?

Come on guys...step up.

(copied response from the last time I answered this)

I just responded to all of that.  I told you that I don't the answers to those questions.  Can you not read?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Come on guys...step up.

I just responded to all of that.  I told you that I don't the answers to those questions.  Can you not read?

What FUN! The "leader" of this little group is also proud to display for everyone that they too are totally ignorant of this subject. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

Keep up the good work!

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 5 Nothing%20plus%20nothing_zpsp5o32y9v

2seaoat

IF they're irrelevant, why are all you far left Progressives afraid to answer them?

I answered the questions. You tried to rebut my answers. Your questions were again irrelevant, but now for some fun.....you know like there are no managing brokers.......does this forum have my written answers to your questions from repeated postings and did you not respond to my answering those questions with stats you disputed? You ran away last time will we have another managing broker moment, or do you really forget what has been posted in threads......or maybe you are challenged on how to use the search function......so here are your choices:

Lie
run away
Post some cartoon laughing
actually discuss my written rebuttal and stats I presented you in that thread

Odds are 10-1 you do not know how to search that thread and the stats we discussed. Senility is a bitch.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Come on guys...step up.

What FUN!  The "leader" of this little group is also proud to display for everyone that they too are totally ignorant of this subject.  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

Keep up the good work!

I haven't displayed anything. You asked me a series of questions that I don't think anyone would know offhand, so I answered you. Here is my answer one more time for the Werthers Original crowd: I don't know the answers to those questions.

I can't tell if you're actually dense or if you're trolling at this point.

Last chance for Markle. Do you have a point to make here? If so, make it. If not, well...run, Forrest! Run!

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Come on guys...step up.

What FUN!  The "leader" of this little group is also proud to display for everyone that they too are totally ignorant of this subject.  I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

Keep up the good work!

I haven't displayed anything.   You asked me a series of questions that I don't think anyone would know offhand, so I answered you.  Here is my answer one more time for the Werthers Original crowd:  I don't know the answers to those questions.  

Last chance for Markle.   Do you have a point to make here?  If so, make it.  If not, well...run, Forrest!  Run!

You're right, no one would know the specific figures off hand but they WOULD have a close idea and know exactly where to look for specifics.

I'm sorry you and the other Progressives seem to go out of your way to support vast increases in the Minimum Wage and prove you know NOTHING about the topic.

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 5 Obama%20Minimum%20Wage_zpsvosa0byg

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Come on guys...step up.

Keep up the good work!

I haven't displayed anything.   You asked me a series of questions that I don't think anyone would know offhand, so I answered you.  Here is my answer one more time for the Werthers Original crowd:  I don't know the answers to those questions.  

Last chance for Markle.   Do you have a point to make here?  If so, make it.  If not, well...run, Forrest!  Run!

You're right, no one would know the specific figures off hand but they WOULD have a close idea and know exactly where to look for specifics.

You're leaving me no choice here but to conclude that you don't actually have a point to make. Is that accurate? It appears that you don't actually have anything to add to this discussion. Am I correct in that assumption? If I'm not, feel free to make your point. The floor is yours. Go ahead and give us the answers to your questions and then use that information to make your point.

That is, of course, assuming you're competent enough to do that. If you're not...well...by all means repeat yourself and ask me your series of questions again.

Look at him go, everyone!

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 5 1589835_o

Markle

Markle

So amusing is it not?

At this point, my far left Progressive friends here would rather walk barefoot through broken glass than admit that they know these simple facts. They can't even claim they are irrelevant since they CLAIM they do not know the figures.

Why would they demand to advertise and proudly proclaim their ignorance?

Come on guys...step up.

Why do the Progressives here REFUSE to answer?

Sal

Sal

The only point you've made so far is that you don't know how to make a point, Ol' Man Markle.

Why don't you step up to the plate, answer your own damn questions, and state why you think those answers have relevance.

Or, run.

Whatever.

boards of FL

boards of FL

boards of FL wrote:The floor is yours.  Go ahead and give us the answers to your questions and then use that information to make your point.  

That is, of course, assuming you're competent enough to do that.  If you're not...well...by all means repeat yourself and ask me your series of questions again.  

Look at him go, everyone!

In his own words, ladies and gentlemen.

Thank you, Ole' Man Markle. I was fairly sure that you didn't actually have a point to make, though I'm glad you have eliminated any doubt for myself and the rest of the forum.

Markle wrote:So amusing is it not?

At this point, my far left Progressive friends here would rather walk barefoot through broken glass than admit that they know these simple facts.  They can't even claim they are irrelevant since they CLAIM they do not know the figures.

Why would they demand to advertise and proudly proclaim their ignorance?

Come on guys...step up.

Why do the Progressives here REFUSE to answer?  

Here you go, Ole' Man Markle.

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 5 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

2seaoat

Poor Mr. Markle does not know how to do a forum search.  Boards and I destroyed your heritage Foundation manipulated so called facts back in March, but you really are too stupid to use the search function, and now if early onset dementia cannot remember the discussions which we have had and where we destroyed your propaganda and you RAN AWAY, as you have done on this thread.   So here you go with your non relevant facts again for the third time which you could verify if you knew what inflation, a managing broker, or what the search function does......but who is more stupid.....us listening to your half cocked theories when your intelligence puts you at 115 on the list as you try to pretend you have the requisite courses or innate intelligence to understand economic concepts where economists are 21 on the IQ......so again here is your nonsense:

◾Primarily Affects Younger Workers Without Family Responsibilities
◾Only 2.9 percent of wage earners earn the federal minimum wage.[10][11][12] SO WHAT?
◾Most minimum-wage earners are teenagers or young adults, not heads of families.  MOST.....HORSESHOES AND GRENADES
◾Over half of minimum-wage earners are between the ages of 16 and 24.[13]
SO THE OTHER HALF IS NOT........IDIOTIC SOPHOMORIC PROPAGANDA
◾Two-thirds work part time (defined as less than 35 hours a week).[14]
SO THATS THE TICKET.....A EXPLOIT PART TIME WORKER PASS FOR EMPLOYERS.....BRILLIANT LOGIC
◾The average family income of a minimum-wage worker is $53,000 a year, less than the national average of $79,500 a year but well above the poverty level.[15][ AND A CAR HAS FOUR TIRES.....RANDOM IDIOCY
◾Two-thirds of minimum-wage workers live in families with incomes above 150 percent of the poverty line.[16]
DO YOU SUPPOSE THE INCENTIVE FOR THOSE ON POVERTY TO WORK AND LOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS IS WORTH A 8 DOLLAR AN HOUR JOB, OR DO YOU SUPPOSE THAT THE PERCENTAGE WOULD INCREASE IF THE WAGE WAS ADJUSTED FOR REAL DOLLARS FROM THE 1968 MINIMUM WAGE......700 BUCKS A MONTH MORE ALLOWS FOLKS TO HAVE HOUSING AND FOOD WITHOUT A 100% SUBSIDY FROM GOVERNMENT.....IDIOCY.
◾Just 4 percent of minimum-wage workers are single parents working full time, compared to 5.6 percent of all U.S. workers.[17] NOW YOU HAVE GONE AND DONE IT......THIS IS REALLY REALLY REALLY RELEVANT....STOP THE PRESSES.....MOST MINIMUM WAGE FOLKS ARE YOUNGER...AND THERE IS A 1.6 DIFFERENTIAL THAT OUR SENILE MR. MARKLE DEEMS RELEVANT.....WHAT A FRICKING MORON......NAME CALLING IS SO APPROPRIATE WITH YOUR BEHAVIOR ON THIS THREAD......YOU DO NOT HAVE BOTH OARS IN THE WATER

Ok, we have confirmed you forgot Boards and I dressing you down in March.  You have proven you cannot use the search function, but the worst part that you actually think anything you posted was relevant.  Here is relevancy.....real dollar adjustments to the minimum wage based on 1968 dollars not the mumblings and cutting and pasting from an agent of the Oligarchy.....a senile one at that.   Come on......put up the white flag and give this up and the Koch brothers go to the bullpen.....your game is gone.

Markle

Markle

It is amusing.  It only took you Progressives what eight or nine pages to post the answer to ONE of my questions.

NOT surprising, your FACT-LESS commentary has no meaning other than to vividly demonstrate...again...that you are afraid to post the truth which destroys your...feckless commentary.

To help your memory, here are the two simple questions I asked any of you to answer...eight or nine pages ago.

Thank you guys. It does take a massive amount of prodding to get Progressives to do the right thing. Who knew?

Allow me to remove your FACT-LESS commentary so, much against your will, we have only the FACTS.

◾Primarily Affects Younger Workers Without Family Responsibilities

◾Only 2.9 percent of wage earners earn the federal minimum wage.

◾Most minimum-wage earners are teenagers or young adults, not heads of families.

◾Over half of minimum-wage earners are between the ages of 16 and 24.

◾Two-thirds work part time (defined as less than 35 hours a week)

◾The average family income of a minimum-wage worker is $53,000 a year, less than the national average of $79,500 a year but well above the poverty level.

◾Two-thirds of minimum-wage workers live in families with incomes above 150 percent of the poverty line.

◾Just 4 percent of minimum-wage workers are single parents working full time, compared to 5.6 percent of all U.S. workers.

So of the 2.9% of wage earners, who earn the minimum wage...two-thirds of THOSE live in families where the family income is above 150 percent of the poverty level.

Then only 4 percent...of the 2.9% of minimum wage earners are single parents working full time.

Other than negatives, how will a change in the minimum wage do anything?  After all, with your and 2seaoats constant whining being proven, by yourself, totally false?

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 5 Poster_zpsrbduczgp

Last edited by Markle on 9/17/2015, 10:41 pm; edited 4 times in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum