Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour.

+2
Markle
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

2seaoat

Why do the Progressives here REFUSE to answer?

Because they are not at 121 on the IQ list?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Why do the Progressives here REFUSE to answer?

Because they are not at 121 on the IQ list?

Well, that could well be the answer. After all, it was the architect of Obamacare, Jonathan Gruber who repeatedly called Democrats and Progressives...stupid. So it could well be they are well down your "IQ" list.

Since it is based on income, I guess I'd be up among the top 10, 20 or so.

THANK YOU!

2seaoat

Since it is based on income, I guess I'd be up among the top 10, 20 or so.

Nope......you are 121 where I think you should be thankful......if we voted around here based on threads like this......well we would not be as generous as the author.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Since it is based on income, I guess I'd be up among the top 10, 20 or so.

Nope......you are 121 where I think you should be thankful......if we voted around here based on threads like this......well we would not be as generous as the author.

Yeah, Wordslinger get's his in a twist too when he walks into it and shows his behind.  Not surprising, Boards of Florida, really, got his in a twist too when the truth about minimum wage was posted.

When will you learn the proper use of ellipsis?

2seaoat

Yeah, Wordslinger get's his in a twist too when he walks into it and shows his behind. Not surprising, Sal got his in a twist too when posting the truth about minimum wage.

We all make honest mistakes. When they become frequent and incoherent, it becomes a concern. I do not always agree with Slinger, but he is a fascinating man who I learn from because he is honest and has a wealth of success and world experience. Sal and I have fewer disagreements and he is able to see things that many others cannot see and is honest in his posts. I have learned from your posts when you are talking about your life, and real world experience which is fascinating, but when you turn into a drone for other purposes you leave your ethics at the door. I truly believe you are better than what you post here, and I do not know your circumstances which require these type of posts, but until I am gone I will not sit back and be silent when evil is purveyed.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle, these are your questions:

Markle wrote:What is the rate of workers earning minimum wage who are the heads of households.

What is the average income of households where one of the workers earns minimum wage?

You only answered one of them:

Markle wrote:The average family income of a minimum-wage worker is $53,000 a year, less than the national average of $79,500 a year but well above the poverty level.

You didn't provide a source for this information, so I googled the quote above.  It led me here:

http://www.heritage.org/research/factsheets/2014/01/facts-about-the-minimum-wage

Notice how your quote lists [15] as the reference.  When one scrolls down to examine the source of that information, they see this:

[15]Ibid.

Scrolling back up to the previous source that isn't "Ibid", one sees this:

[13] Heritage Foundation calculations based on data from U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey (CPS), 2011 and 2012 monthly surveys. Poverty and family income data are from the March supplement to the 2011 and 2012 CPS. Minimum wage workers are those who report earnings of $7.25 an hour or less.

Do you understand what that means, Markle?  It means that the Heritage Foundation is referencing itself for that information.  There is nowhere else that you will find this information referenced.  It comes from the Heritage Foundation and will only be found at the Heritage Foundation.  

This is no different than if I were to say, "Markle is an idiot [1]"

References:

[1] - boards of FL

But what is most pathetic about your display in this thread is the fact that you can't even answer both of your own questions.  You gave us a bullshit, unsourced answer for one of them, and the other you claim to have answered but you did not.  

Ole' Man Markle, what is the answer to this question?  

Markle wrote:What is the rate of workers earning minimum wage who are the heads of households.

And be sure to provide your source, Ole' Man Markle.

Enjoy a werther's original while you do your legwork.

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 6 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

And putting all of this aside, can you explain how - even if you had answered your questions and even if they were legitimately source (which, you haven't and they are not) - any of this is relevant to the discussion at hand?

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:Markle, these are your questions:

What is the average income of households where one of the workers earns minimum wage?

Markle wrote:The average family income of a minimum-wage worker is $53,000 a year, less than the national average of $79,500 a year but well above the poverty level.

You didn't provide a source for this information, so I googled the quote above.  It led me here:

http://www.heritage.org/research/factsheets/2014/01/facts-about-the-minimum-wage

Notice how your quote lists [15] as the reference.  When one scrolls down to examine the source of that information, they see this:

[15]Ibid.

[13] Heritage Foundation calculations based on data from U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey (CPS), 2011 and 2012 monthly surveys. Poverty and family income data are from the March supplement to the 2011 and 2012 CPS. Minimum wage workers are those who report earnings of $7.25 an hour or less.

Do you understand what that means, Markle?  It means that the Heritage Foundation is referencing itself for that information.  There is nowhere else that you will find this information referenced.  It comes from the Heritage Foundation and will only be found at the Heritage Foundation.  

References:

[1] - boards of FL

But what is most pathetic about your display in this thread is the fact that you can't even answer both of your own questions.  You gave us a bullshit, unsourced answer for one of them, and the other you claim to have answered but you did not.  

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 6 Bonbon-dbfbe36b2ab7e3e46f8bdbc19fcc3ada

And putting all of this aside, can you explain how - even if you had answered your questions and even if they were legitimately source (which, you haven't and they are not) - any of this is relevant to the discussion at hand?

Which led you to exactly the same FACTS as 2seaoat..  

Now find a reliable source that proves all those FACTS you and 2seaoat discovered...wrong.

I enjoyed the Werthers which proves again, you have no original thoughts.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Markle on 9/19/2015, 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Which led you to exactly the same FACTS 2seaoat found at Wiki.

Wow, we joke about it....but please make a doc appointment.  I did not go to Wiki.....we have done this discussion with you asking the same questions over and over three times since the first of the year.  I simply cut and pasted from our prior discussions.  Mr. Markle......seriously make an appointment.....this stuff was not happening five years ago.....you had game and could remember stuff.....I cut and pasted our March discussion which I alluded to repeatedly in the thread as not being relevant and having been discussed.  Also, get one of those "help, I fell and cannot get up devices" to wear around your neck when you forget where you are......I am afraid we are going to read in the news Tallahassee man found on the interstate wandering planting Kudzu.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Which led you to exactly the same FACTS 2seaoat found at Wiki.

Wow, we joke about it....but please make a doc appointment.  I did not go to Wiki.....we have done this discussion with you asking the same questions over and over three times since the first of the year.  I simply cut and pasted from our prior discussions.  Mr. Markle......seriously make an appointment.....this stuff was not happening five years ago.....you had game and could remember stuff.....I cut and pasted our March discussion which I alluded to repeatedly in the thread as not being relevant and having been discussed.  Also, get one of those "help, I fell and cannot get up devices" to wear around your neck when you forget where you are......I am afraid we are going to read in the news Tallahassee man found on the interstate wandering planting Kudzu.

Glad to see you found an excellent source.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Markle, these are your questions:

[15]Ibid.

References:

[1] - boards of FL

Which led you to exactly the same FACTS as 2seaoat..  

Now find a reliable source that proves all those FACTS you and 2seaoat discovered...wrong.

I enjoyed the Werthers which proves again, you have no original thoughts.

Keep up the good work.

It isn't my job to disprove your claims.  Instead, it is your job to prove your claims - and you have yet to do that.  All you have managed to do in this thread is repeatedly ask questions that you yourself do not even have the answers to.  And even if you did, you have yet to explain how those questions and answers are relevant to this thread.

I'm not sure how you missed the point of my last post, but I basically pointed out that what you provided as answers to your questions is not sourced.  If you simply go to the link that I provided, you will see reference numbers after each of the claims that were made by Heritage Foundation.  If you scroll down to the reference section in order to vet the source of the information, you see that that there is no source.  The Heritage foundation can't link you to anywhere that backs up the claims that they're making, because no such information exists.  They're just telling you something and then asking you to take their word for it.

Is that it? Is that the end of your contribution here? All you can do is blindly ask questions that you don't know the answer to in the hopes of arriving at a point? Ouch.

Here you go, Ole' Man Markle.

Markle

Markle

All this word salad because the Progressives know that when the FACTS are vividly displayed about the worthlessness of raising the minimum wage, they PANIC.  They jump up to slinging all sorts of salad ingredients in an effort to hide the facts and truth.  They are SO predictable.

Facts About the Minimum Wage

Reduced Opportunities to Gain Experience
◾Studies find raising the minimum wage does not reduce poverty.[1] It is a completely ineffective anti-poverty policy.

◾The primary value of minimum-wage jobs is that they are learning jobs. They teach inexperienced employees basic employment skills that make them more productive and enable them to earn raises or move to better jobs.

◾Over half of all Americans started their careers making within $1 of the minimum wage.[2] Few stayed there long.

◾Two-thirds of minimum-wage workers earn raises within a year—without the government’s help.[3]

◾Correctly adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage currently stands above its historical average since 1950.[4]

◾The minimum wage hike sponsored by some Members of Congress and supported by President Obama would raise the minimum wage to an unprecedented level—one-seventh above its inflation-adjusted all-time high.[5]

◾This would cause employers to reduce hiring, leaving fewer people employed.[6] Macroeconomic modeling shows the proposed minimum wage increase would eliminate 300,000 jobs.[7] That means fewer opportunities for unskilled workers to get started in the labor market and move their way up.

◾When businesses have to pay higher wages, businesses hire higher-skill workers, freezing the least productive, most disadvantaged workers out of the job market.[8][9] Consequently minimum wage hikes harm the very people that proponents of the laws most want to help.

Primarily Affects Younger Workers Without Family Responsibilities
◾Only 2.9 percent of wage earners earn the federal minimum wage.[10][11][12]

◾Most minimum-wage earners are teenagers or young adults, not heads of families.

◾Over half of minimum-wage earners are between the ages of 16 and 24.[13]

◾Two-thirds work part time (defined as less than 35 hours a week).[14]

◾The average family income of a minimum-wage worker is $53,000 a year, less than the national average of $79,500 a year but well above the poverty level.[15]

◾Two-thirds of minimum-wage workers live in families with incomes above 150 percent of the poverty line.[16]

◾Just 4 percent of minimum-wage workers are single parents working full time, compared to 5.6 percent of all U.S. workers.[17]

Adds to Obamacare Burden
◾The Obamacare employer mandate is already scheduled to raise the cost of hiring less-skilled workers. When the mandate takes effect in 2015 the minimum cost of hiring a full-time worker will rise to $10.30 an hour. That includes the minimum wage, employer payroll taxes, and the employer mandate.[18]

◾From the employer’s perspective the cost of hiring workers has increased, but the additional money goes to the government instead of the employees.[19]

◾The proposed minimum wage increase of $10.10 an hour would bring the minimum cost of hiring a full-time worker—including the Obamacare penalties—to $12.71 an hour.[20]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:All this word salad because the Progressives know that when the FACTS are vividly displayed about the worthlessness of raising the minimum wage, they PANIC.  They jump up to slinging all sorts of salad ingredients in an effort to hide the facts and truth.  They are SO predictable.

◾Studies find raising the minimum wage does not reduce poverty.[1] It is a completely ineffective anti-poverty policy.

◾The primary value of minimum-wage jobs is that they are learning jobs. They teach inexperienced employees basic employment skills that make them more productive and enable them to earn raises or move to better jobs.

◾Over half of all Americans started their careers making within $1 of the minimum wage.[2] Few stayed there long.

◾Two-thirds of minimum-wage workers earn raises within a year—without the government’s help.[3]

◾Correctly adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage currently stands above its historical average since 1950.[4]

◾The minimum wage hike sponsored by some Members of Congress and supported by President Obama would raise the minimum wage to an unprecedented level—one-seventh above its inflation-adjusted all-time high.[5]

◾This would cause employers to reduce hiring, leaving fewer people employed.[6] Macroeconomic modeling shows the proposed minimum wage increase would eliminate 300,000 jobs.[7] That means fewer opportunities for unskilled workers to get started in the labor market and move their way up.

◾When businesses have to pay higher wages, businesses hire higher-skill workers, freezing the least productive, most disadvantaged workers out of the job market.[8][9] Consequently minimum wage hikes harm the very people that proponents of the laws most want to help.

◾Most minimum-wage earners are teenagers or young adults, not heads of families.

◾The average family income of a minimum-wage worker is $53,000 a year, less than the national average of $79,500 a year but well above the poverty level.[15]

◾Two-thirds of minimum-wage workers live in families with incomes above 150 percent of the poverty line.[16]

◾Just 4 percent of minimum-wage workers are single parents working full time, compared to 5.6 percent of all U.S. workers.[17]

Adds to Obamacare Burden
◾The Obamacare employer mandate is already scheduled to raise the cost of hiring less-skilled workers. When the mandate takes effect in 2015 the minimum cost of hiring a full-time worker will rise to $10.30 an hour. That includes the minimum wage, employer payroll taxes, and the employer mandate.[18]

◾From the employer’s perspective the cost of hiring workers has increased, but the additional money goes to the government instead of the employees.[19]

◾The proposed minimum wage increase of $10.10 an hour would bring the minimum cost of hiring a full-time worker—including the Obamacare penalties—to $12.71 an hour.[20]

All you have done here is re-copy-and-paste the very same Heritage info that has already been submitted into this thread, and you didn't directly respond to anything I just said. You're trying to make it appear as if you aren't running away, but you clearly are.

Markle, do you acknowledge that the above information is not sourced? Heritage lists reference numbers after each bullet point, but when you scroll down to the references you will see that the particular bullet point in question that addresses one of your questions comes directly from the Heritage Foundation. They are referencing themselves in their own bullshit. Do you have a response to that?

Look, everyone! He's doing it again!

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 6 Run-forrest-run-o

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:All this word salad because the Progressives know that when the FACTS are vividly displayed about the worthlessness of raising the minimum wage, they PANIC.  They jump up to slinging all sorts of salad ingredients in an effort to hide the facts and truth.  They are SO predictable.

Adds to Obamacare Burden

All you have done here is re-copy-and-paste the very same Heritage info that has already been submitted into this thread, and you didn't directly respond to anything I just said.  You're trying to make it appear as if you aren't running away, but you clearly are.

Markle, do you acknowledge that the above information is not sourced?  Heritage lists reference numbers after each bullet point, but when you scroll down to the references you will see that the particular bullet point in question that addresses one of your questions comes directly from the Heritage Foundation.   They are referencing themselves in their own bullshit.  Do you have a response to that?  

Look, everyone!  He's doing it again!

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 6 Run-forrest-run-o

Why would I respond to your nonsensical issues? I destroyed your made up "need" for the minimum wage much less an increase and all you do is typically whine.

At least a few of the Progressives here are good foils, you don't even do that well.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Adds to Obamacare Burden

All you have done here is re-copy-and-paste the very same Heritage info that has already been submitted into this thread, and you didn't directly respond to anything I just said.  You're trying to make it appear as if you aren't running away, but you clearly are.

Markle, do you acknowledge that the above information is not sourced?  Heritage lists reference numbers after each bullet point, but when you scroll down to the references you will see that the particular bullet point in question that addresses one of your questions comes directly from the Heritage Foundation.   They are referencing themselves in their own bullshit.  Do you have a response to that?  

Why would I respond to your nonsensical issues?  I destroyed your made up "need" for the minimum wage much less an increase and all you do is typically whine.

At least a few of the Progressives here are good foils, you don't even do that well.

Because they're not nonsensical issues. You haven't "destroyed" anything. All you did was repeatedly ask the same two questions. You were only able to provide an answer to one of those questions, and that answer isn't even valid as you have no source for it. And I'm pretty sure that I clearly explained this to you in each of my last two posts. Can you not read?

It's amazing that someone can enter a thread, not provide even a shred of substance, and then claim to have "destroyed" something.

See ya later, Ole' Man Markle! Look at him go!

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Adds to Obamacare Burden

Why would I respond to your nonsensical issues?  I destroyed your made up "need" for the minimum wage much less an increase and all you do is typically whine.

Because they're not nonsensical issues.  You haven't "destroyed" anything.  All you did was repeatedly ask the same two questions.  You were only able to provide an answer to one of those questions, and that answer isn't even valid as you have no source for it.   And I'm pretty sure that I clearly explained this to you in each of my last two posts.  Can you not read?  

It's amazing that someone can enter a thread, not provide even a shred of substance, and then claim to have "destroyed" something.

See ya later, Ole' Man Markle!  Look at him go!

As you know, I forced your comrades to answer both questions, and more. You and your comrades are the only ones running.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Adds to Obamacare Burden

Because they're not nonsensical issues.  You haven't "destroyed" anything.  All you did was repeatedly ask the same two questions.  You were only able to provide an answer to one of those questions, and that answer isn't even valid as you have no source for it.   And I'm pretty sure that I clearly explained this to you in each of my last two posts.  Can you not read?  

See ya later, Ole' Man Markle!  Look at him go!

As you know, I forced your comrades to answer both questions, and more.  You and your comrades are the only ones running.  

Actually you didn't.   2seaoat posted the bullet points from your Heritage Foundation link that he found from the last time we all had this exact same back and forth.  You posted them as well.  The problem there - which I have pointed out at least three times now and you can't seem to address - is that those bulled points are not sourced.  The Heritage Foundation lists itself as the source for those stats and they simply expect you to take their word for it.  

Have you no response to that?  Aren't you going to address that gaping hole in your "answers"?   And after you address that, will you explain how any of that is relevant to this discussion at hand? Will you finally present your point, Ole' Man Markle?

Or are you running away as you always do?

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 6 Giphy

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The issue isn't who, at what age or experience deserves a wage that pays for food, rent and healthcare, it's about everyone having a job relying that they will be able to live without state aid. Some teenagers live at home, others do not. I was on my own at 15, and getting the rent paid and my belly full was almost the whole game.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:The issue isn't who, at what age or experience deserves a wage that pays for food, rent and healthcare, it's about everyone having a job relying that they will be able to live without state aid.  Some teenagers live at home, others do not.  I was on my own at 15, and getting the rent paid and my belly full was almost the whole game.

New York to raise fast food workers minimum wage to $15 per hour. - Page 6 Poster_zpsrbduczgp

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum