Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My memories of Katrina 10 years ago

+6
Vikingwoman
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
EmeraldGhost
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Vikingwoman

SheWrites wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
SheWrites wrote:You know, I'd ask permission to write his life story but I'd never give it justice.  He needs to write it.  Only Seaoat can bring the depth, the emotion, the epic drama of Seaoat.

In awe...

What a bitch you are? You probably never even came close in your "christian" life of ever doing anything like that.

now that wasn't nice....say you're sorry...

I'm sorry.  

Seaoat knows I pick on him and his stories.  

But I would never be so rude as to call names, Vikingwoman.  

As for helping another person, I feel it is to be done without placing an emphasis on being the helper.  Just do and don't set yourself up for what you've done to be noticed by everyone.

Everybody knows Oatie likes to brag but he did a good thing regardless. You wouldn't be so rude as to call names but you would be so rude as to put him down for mentioning it because YOU feel it should be done unnoticed. Didn't know you got to be the rule maker? I call a spade a spade and I don't live by your rules. Smile

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
SheWrites wrote:You know, I'd ask permission to write his life story but I'd never give it justice.  He needs to write it.  Only Seaoat can bring the depth, the emotion, the epic drama of Seaoat.

In awe...

What a bitch you are? You probably never even came close in your "christian" life of ever doing anything like that.

I didn't intend it to be nice just a she didn't intend it to be nice.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Memories of high school.....wish I was as popular as seaoat......LOL

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:As for helping another person, I feel it is to be done without placing an emphasis on being the helper. Just do and don't set yourself up for what you've done to be noticed by everyone.

Been on the front page of the paper many times for helping people.  Did not ask to be there, but chit happens.  Over 20 average folks gave five hundred bucks each(which was a lot of money for most) and one wealthy guy gave 5k, but the key is the network.  The friends and families who did not hesitate when I called and said mutual friends were in trouble.  I stood up at a meeting where they were going to shut down all co-curricular activities for high school kids in a budget deficit where a referendum failed.  I simply said we would make up the gap.  I was laughed at as I often am here when I say something positive.  We had to raise 500k in two months, but the kicker......I had one week to raise 50k or they would not even let the fundraiser attempt happen.   The teachers union snickered as they wanted the programs to be cut so kids would be hurt and the parents would vote for the referendum and they would get a raise.   The board wanted pretty much the same thing....two years of kids without Art, music, band, sports, and other club activities.....they snickered when I said I would have the 50k.  I went to every bank, developer, and business and they trusted me to do what I said I would do.  They had a fifty thousand dollar check one week later at the board meeting and a 500k check from our various fund raisers which included a draw down which raised over 450k.  A total of about 570k which was the largest private fund raiser for a public school in state history.  The best part....the next referendum passed because the community was filled with positive thoughts.

We each make decisions on the world we live.  We can watch racism and hate allow for treating Americans in NO as if they were some lower life form, or we can celebrate our differences and work to eliminate hate.  Each of us make decisions every day to cocoon and seek safety or become part of the community which seeks a better life for all.   Katrina was more than a hurricane.  It was part of the wake up call for America.  Hopefully, positive things 10 years later will not allow any American citizen to be thought of less.

So that is who I am She, you can take anyway you want, but good people are the only ones who can defeat evil.....thinking is not enough.....it takes action.

You're starting to sound like Trump now.

2seaoat wrote:As for helping another person, I feel it is to be done without placing an emphasis on being the helper. Just do and don't set yourself up for what you've done to be noticed by everyone.

Been on the front page of the paper many times for helping people.  Did not ask to be there, but chit happens.  Over 20 average folks gave five hundred bucks each(which was a lot of money for most) and one wealthy guy gave 5k, but the key is the network.  The friends and families who did not hesitate when I called and said mutual friends were in trouble.  I stood up at a meeting where they were going to shut down all co-curricular activities for high school kids in a budget deficit where a referendum failed.  I simply said we would make up the gap.  I was laughed at as I often am here when I say something positive.  We had to raise 500k in two months, but the kicker......I had one week to raise 50k or they would not even let the fundraiser attempt happen.   The teachers union snickered as they wanted the programs to be cut so kids would be hurt and the parents would vote for the referendum and they would get a raise.   The board wanted pretty much the same thing....two years of kids without Art, music, band, sports, and other club activities.....they snickered when I said I would have the 50k.  I went to every bank, developer, and business and they trusted me to do what I said I would do.  They had a fifty thousand dollar check one week later at the board meeting and a 500k check from our various fund raisers which included a draw down which raised over 450k.  A total of about 570k which was the largest private fund raiser for a public school in state history.  The best part....the next referendum passed because the community was filled with positive thoughts.

We each make decisions on the world we live.  We can watch racism and hate allow for treating Americans in NO as if they were some lower life form, or we can celebrate our differences and work to eliminate hate.  Each of us make decisions every day to cocoon and seek safety or become part of the community which seeks a better life for all.   Katrina was more than a hurricane.  It was part of the wake up call for America.  Hopefully, positive things 10 years later will not allow any American citizen to be thought of less.

So that is who I am She, you can take anyway you want, but good people are the only ones who can defeat evil.....thinking is not enough.....it takes action.

You will leave memories of kindness for your family to share with generations to come.

Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

In awe...

I think Seaoat understands my friendly jabs.  We have bantered over his stories.  I have full respect for his abilities.  

If I appear to "not be nice" to Seaoat, I do apologize to him.  I think he is a big enough man to tell me himself if I'm a pain in the ass.  Being a pain is not my intent.   All in good fun.

No drama needed. Peace be with you.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I was going into day surgery on Monday to have my Gall Bladder removed(it was diseased but they never did any pathology on the disease.....it was the beginning of the end).   On Friday night I called friends in Biloxi and told them to get the hell out of town.   They said it would not hit them and they were thinking they would stick it out.  I argued with them that with two young children that they had NO right to gamble on Bob's certain scientific Hurricane landfall predictions.

Well when they finally got out the interstates were jammed.  They barely got clear of the path, and I had just completed building a new four bedroom 2,500 square foot home which had an occupancy permit.  I told the four of them to come over and use the house for a couple of weeks.  When they got to Navarre they would not let anybody south of interstate 10, again because of Bob's certain Hurricane predictions.  They proceeded south to Disney World and spent three days.  During this time, her father owned a major printing firm in Biloxi where he stayed near downtown with his printing plant.  The water came in quick and he spent the night on top of a machine which already was elevated.  He lost over four million dollars of flood damage which was not insured.  When he finally was able to leave the building and wade into the water, there were dead people in trees and in the water.  His employees began calling in after spending the night in trees having lost everything.

I am going into surgery when I get the call from the crying wife, they needed help.  I spent ten minutes in pre op making calls.  I raised 14k from friends who gave $500 apiece.  I had one friend who got twenty sleeping bags and twenty cots shipped to my new house which was not furnished.  When I got out of surgery still groggy I continued contacting friends and coordinating getting 20 plus refugees from biloxi into my house.  These people were traumatized and in shock, but by the end of the week they had made the house comfortable, had set up a command center for the business and the employees had a life boat.  I remember going over to the house and using the bathroom three months after they had left.....there were six unique colored bic razors which each woman had their razors.  The gravity of the situation sank in looking at those razors.   I later had to put in a new $2,500 septic pump because of the demand on the septic during those three months.

I learned how important it is to have friends.  While going into surgery we saved 24 people who were hopeless, scared, and with no safety net.  The father when he came over to Navarre had to spend a week in the hospital for a nervous breakdown....he was a strong man, but he had lost everything and he saw how his employees had lost everything.....it was a horrible time, but from this hell his company survived, grew, and prospered.  My friends got a beautiful new home, and the employees all rebuilt their lives.  America is a great country, and Americans have each others back.  The hugs my wife and I got were worth a million dollars and there is no better feeling than helping people in a crisis.  Biloxi is better than ever....and life goes on, but Bob....as usual he does not have a clue.....we have NOT gotten better on landfall predictions a week out....people died.  

A speech identical to many given by semi-retired President Obama. So many "I's" it is hard to count them all.

Yes, 2seaoat you're so great it is indeed an honor that you are willing to bless us with your presence

What did you do? Give out tickets for hugs or like Hillary Clinton, tell folks honoring you to get to the end of the line?.

2seaoat

I love it when folks take pokes at me.....in real life it is just so syrupy......enough to make a person beg to be real again. Here we have fun. Pokes are part of the fun. Some have ran away from this forum because they were too fragile.....I am not the fragile type.....I am happiest when Bob, Dreams, she, Sal, Pk, and even Boards is taking a poke at me......its good to be alive. My mother just got moved to Hospice in Sun City, and my son and his wife took the kids to visit. My brother is a bit piszed at me not jumping in the car and driving for three days and then three days to come back home, but my mother and I have talked about which of us would go first, and both of us understand that neither of us can travel easily and that we will say our goodbyes by phone. I tried calling four times today and she was sleeping. When my son arrived he handed me the phone and we had a wonderful conversation with my youngest grandson playing at the end of the bed. The first time she has had a belly laugh in weeks. She is at peace at 90 and has strong Christian beliefs which serve her well at her life's end. My son said, Dad....grandma is doing pretty good. She could be gone tonight, or a month from now, but that is the same with each of us.....enjoy the moment and do not fear what lies ahead. I am not sad losing my mother, but celebrate her 90 years of life, and am happy she had a belly laugh with two of her great grandsons in Sun City AZ.......so many do not have this pleasure.

Markle

Markle

In awe...

I think Bill O'Reilly could do it justice! After all he has written outstanding bestsellers on the Killing of Jesus, the Killing of Patton, the Killing of Lincoln and the Killing of Kennedy.

Without question, 2seaoat places himself among those other hero's.

Vikingwoman

SheWrites wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

In awe...

I think Seaoat understands my friendly jabs.  We have bantered over his stories.  I have full respect for his abilities.  

If I appear to "not be nice" to Seaoat, I do apologize to him.  I think he is a big enough man to tell me himself if I'm a pain in the ass.  Being a pain is not my intent.   All in good fun.

No drama needed.  Peace be with you.

Naw, you were being snarky and condescending. Some people think that is good fun but there is an underlying sentiment there. You should know if you post on a public board all is fair game. Oatie would never say it bothered him. That would be unmanly and weak.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

In awe...

Naw, you were being snarky and condescending. Some people think that is good fun but there is an underlying sentiment there. You should know if you post on a public board all is fair game. Oatie would never say it bothered him. That would be unmanly and weak.

Thank you Dr. Dreams.....

My memories of Katrina 10 years ago - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DJN.WwXi1rgo2%252boHyhRhA6bdFQ%26pid%3D15

2seaoat

Just like not knowing what a managing broker was.....or what inflation actually is you are consistently wrong......I just know what a managing broker is, understand what inflation is, and fully understand what a hero is......I just get things done.....nothing heroic about common decency, a concept based on your posts you have also long forgotten, if you ever even understood that concept.

Vikingwoman

Markle wrote:

In awe...

I think Bill O'Reilly could do it justice!  After all he has written outstanding bestsellers on the Killing of Jesus, the Killing of Patton, the Killing of Lincoln and the Killing of Kennedy.

Here we go!. The snark brigade has started. You can't even write a simple story w/o the other side zeroing in?

Vikingwoman

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

In awe...

My memories of Katrina 10 years ago - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DJN.WwXi1rgo2%252boHyhRhA6bdFQ%26pid%3D15

Your welcome! I can spot a snark a hundred miles away.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:

In awe...

Your welcome! I can spot a snark a hundred miles away.

Takes one to know one....

2seaoat

Oatie would never say it bothered him. That would be unmanly and weak.

Never understood why ghosts get bothered. Some of you know each other and maybe that causes people to be concerned or bothered. I have too much fun and love it when folks attack. I am having a toothless attack from Mr. Markle....I think he forgot where he put his dentures.

Markle

Markle

SheWrites wrote:

You will leave memories of kindness for your family to share with generations to come.  

I see statues in the future for 2seaoat!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
SheWrites wrote:

Yeah we can use another gargoyle

My memories of Katrina 10 years ago - Page 2 Garden-gargoyle-statue-9-267x300

2seaoat

Actually I built the flagpole as my monument.....I was going to use a chainsaw and cut out a wooden head shot made out of maple.....but there is not a maple tree big enough.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Without question, 2seaoat places himself among those other hero's.

Just like not knowing what a managing broker was.....or what inflation actually is you are consistently wrong......I just know what a managing broker is, understand what inflation is, and fully understand what a hero is......I just get things done.....nothing heroic about common decency, a concept based on your posts you have also long forgotten, if you ever even understood that concept.

Still, no such thing as a "managing broker" in Florida. This is where I live, this is where I teach real estate law. I understand your desperation at being proven wrong so many times.

ANYONE who unabashedly boasts that they are hero's are always, anything but.

2seaoat

Still, no such thing as a "managing broker" in Florida. This is where I live, this is where I teach real estate law. I understand your desperation at being proven wrong so many times.

Those that can do, and those that can't teach....I am sorry for your students, you actually did not even know what a managing broker was. Go ahead and try to frame your ignorance in the best light, but an honest answer would have been......well I am limited in my real estate knowledge and did not know that there was a managing broker.....nope.....you did not even understand the concept so what exactly did you teach those part timer soccer moms.......as to heroes........nope.....just a good citizen who believes there is good and evil.....if good people do not act.....well evil wins. You get paid to propagandize evil.....am I a hero for identifying your evil intent, or just a descent American citizen stepping up to the plate to hit your evil softballs out of the park......we all have choices.....I choose to be the good guy....you consistently like being paid to be the bad guy.....nothing heroic taking down a bad guy.....it was more fun when you were hitting on all cylinders....now I feel like a bully.

Markle

Markle

What is TRUE about Katrina is that it was one of the most accurately forecast storms at the time.

EVERYONE knows that New Orleans has always been one of the most corrupt cities in the nation bar none. Their levee system was horribly managed for efficiency but excellently for graft and corruption.

There were dozens of separate levee commissions. Each got separate grants from the federal government to upgrade and improve their levies. As a result, little if any of the money was spent to improve the levies and much to build "monuments" to themselves. Much like 2seaoat would do.

Corrupt Democrat Mayor Ray Nagin refused all weather advisers to order a mandatory evacuation until it was to late.

Mayor Nagin's city, New Orleans had done zero, zip, nada preparation for any storm much less one like Katrina, not a large storm when it struck. New Orleans had no quantities of water and food stored in places of refuge. NOTHING was stored at the New Orleans Superdome.

AT THE TIME, Democrat Gov. Kathleen Blanco was required by law to request help from the Federal Government, which she delayed for three days because she either was not aware of the severity of the storm, or as has been said, she wanted to be the "2seaoat" by handling it herself. She failed.

Our group loaded up our certified search and rescue dogs and certified cadaver dogs, all our generators and food and caravanned to New Orleans to work for several weeks.

The corruption was massive. Gov. Ray Nagin had an offer from a large scrap metal company in Texas that they had portable car crushers and the haulers needed to remove every car from the streets of New Orleans in three months at NO COST TO THE CITY. NAGIN REFUSED, SAYING HE WANT TO AWARD THE CONTRACTS TO LOCAL COMPANIES.

Years later, and tens of millions of dollars poorer, cars still littered the streets of New Orleans.

To this day, thousands of homes remain condemned and vacant. Murder and the violent crime rate has skyrocketed.

Showing the mentality of New Orleans voters, as those in Washington DC RE-ELECTED Ray Nagin. Last year he was convicted on TWENTY COUNTS of FEDERAL CORRUPTION AND BRIBERY charges. Former Mayor Democrat Ray Nagin sentenced to 10 years in prison.

That's what happened in New Orleans during Katrina for everyone except the exalted 2seaoat.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Still, no such thing as a "managing broker" in Florida. This is where I live, this is where I teach real estate law. I understand your desperation at being proven wrong so many times.

Those that can do, and those that can't teach....I am sorry for your students, you actually did not even know what a managing broker was.   Go ahead and try to frame your ignorance in the best light, but an honest answer would have been......well I am limited in my real estate knowledge and did not know that there was a managing broker.....nope.....you did not even understand the concept so what exactly did you teach those part timer soccer moms.......as to heroes........nope.....just a good citizen who believes there is good and evil.....if good people do not act.....well evil wins.   You get paid to propagandize evil.....am I a hero for identifying your evil intent, or just a descent American citizen stepping up to the plate to hit your evil softballs out of the park......we all have choices.....I choose to be the good guy....you consistently like being paid to be the bad guy.....nothing heroic taking down a bad guy.....it was more fun when you were hitting on all cylinders....now I feel like a bully.

This will as a huge surprise to you but I do NOT teach real estate law about any other state other than FLORIDA. We have fifty states, with fifty different real estate laws.

You have yet to show where Florida has more than two license classifications. Sales Associate and Broker. Period.

2seaoat

You did not know what a managing broker was......try to disguise your lack of knowledge any way you want, and I could have exposed that lack of knowledge many times when you talk about real estate.....we both know I have been kind.

2seaoat

Their levee system was horribly managed for efficiency but excellently for graft and corruption.

Sorry, you do realize that the army corp had jurisdiction over the levee system....not the corrupt local and state politicians. You do know if that levee system had not failed probably nobody would have died.

I was working with Rock Island Branch of the Army Corps of engineers on a bridge when Katrina happened. The canal which was in their jurisdiction collapsed about five hundred yards of steel reinforced concrete. Poor design....poor construction.....All Army Corps of Engineers. How does this brain trust try to stop the water helicopters and trucks dropping rock into a six hundred foot wide river. Idiots. I immediately called Rock Island and spoke with the engineers on my project. I simply said why are these idiots trying to close a gap of 600 feet when they can position two barges with an excavator and drive steel pilings at each end of the F'ing canal which is 66 feet wide and has good sides to close it off. They agreed. Two days later they closed both ends of the canal with excavators, barges and steel pilings. You can blame the corrupt politicians all you want, but people died in NO because of stupidity in the Army Corps of Engineers, and that canal could have been closed in the first 24 hours and the depth of the flood in the city could have been reduced greatly saving lives. This was not politics.....this was pisz poor engineering and lack of common sense in response to the disaster. People should have been criminally charged......but as usual the Army Corp murdered people and got no heat or culpability....Now I suppose that my superman outfit will not fit, or as She says my Walter Mitty internet existence continues.....but it happened, and I made the call. I might add my bridge got approved with no problems after the call.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum