Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reporter and cameraman shot and killed by gunman still on loose.

+3
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Since Sal and bds probably never watch Fox News,  I need to tell them about something.
Tonight Megyn Kelly interviewed Jessica Parker's father.  He said exactly what bds did.
He said he wants stricter background checks and psychological evaluations and all the rest.

Wow...shocking!

So?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:Since Sal and bds probably never watch Fox News,  I need to tell them about something.
Tonight Megyn Kelly interviewed Jessica Parker's father.  He said exactly what bds did.
He said he wants stricter background checks and psychological evaluations and all the rest.

Wow...shocking!

So?

Your reaction to my post is very revealing.  

He's the father of one of the victims,  Markle,  so what he says needs to be heard.

When I get upset and talk about torture and want revenge on these lowlifes it's because a long time ago I began to realize what really matters when these things happen.   It's the devastation it does to those who are victimized by it.  And in this case that includes both people in their 20's whose lives are cut way way short,  but also their loved ones whose lives are changed forever.
Jessica Parker's father is one of those people.  

If you don't even want to listen to what he has to say then you really don't care about what happened here,  all you want to do is win some stupid political argument,  exactly the same as Sal and bds and seaoat and their ilk.

You people (liberals and conservatives) like to think you're so different from each other.  But in many ways you're really not.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Yes, gun control will certainly control the psychos walking the streets.

I think the idea is to keep the guns out of the hands of psychos.  

How?

Go read my previous posts.

boards of FL

boards of FL

He sounds like a smart man. I hope he succeeds in getting some legislation going.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

So?

exactly the same as Sal and bds and seaoat and their ilk.

You people (liberals and conservatives) like to think you're so different from each other.  But in many ways you're really not.

My reaction is that this was a horrific crime and a senseless tragedy, and we see far too much of this happening in our country, so we should do what we can to try to prevent such acts.

That's not the same as, "So?".

"So?" is what we get from the NRA.

This instance doesn't quite fit the white liberal guilt model to get the angst juices flowing.

The use of a gun is all they've got.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

So?

exactly the same as Sal and bds and seaoat and their ilk.

My reaction is that this was a horrific crime and a senseless tragedy, and we see far too much of this happening in our country, so we should do what we can to try to prevent such acts.

That's not the same as, "So?".

"So?" is what we get from the NRA.

Well then let's consider a compromise. Let's say I go along with you and bds on the gun control measures. But in return you do the same and support my proposal to SEVERELY punish anyone who is in possession of a firearm when committing any felony, regardless if it's a first offense or the hundredth offense.

I don't think you can do that. Because like all liberals, your heart bleeds for the perps and not the victims. You don't blame the perps themselves, you blame society. And if that's not the case with you personally, then prove me wrong and say so by agreeing to my compromise.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What happened yesterday is a horrific thing.
But what you got from yesterday's wall to wall media coverage was not so much about that as it was about media people being the victims.

At the same time all that media attention was being given to this crime, I wonder how many dozens of murders were going down in the inner cities?
Well of course the answer to that is we have no clue because none of that got any media attention. Because none of those people are a part of the media family so I guess their lives just don't count.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

Well then let's consider a compromise.  Let's say I go along with you and bds on the gun control measures.  But in return you do the same and support my proposal to SEVERELY punish anyone who is in possession of a firearm when committing any felony,  regardless if it's a first offense or the hundredth offense.

I don't think you can do that.  Because like all liberals,  your heart bleeds for the perps and not the victims.  You don't blame the perps themselves,  you blame society.  And if that's not the case with you personally,  then prove me wrong and say so by agreeing to my compromise.

From earlier in this very thread ....

Salinsky wrote:

I don't think we know enough about the killer to say what measures may or may not have prevented this.

But, just because a specific measure wouldn't prevent every tragic crime from occurring, does not mean the measure has no value.

I believe all guns should be registered, universal background checks should be thorough, the mental health care industry should be fully involved and fully funded, people convicted of violent crimes should be prevented from owning firearms, gun manufacturers should be required to incorporate biometric chips in all new guns, sentences for crimes committed with a firearm should be mandatory and draconian, high capacity magazines should be banned, there should be a meaningful tax on all ammunition, and I have no objection to Board's idea that the gun owner should bear liability if their gun is used in the commission of a crime by another person.

Would any of these measures have stopped today's shooting.

I don't know.

But, they would stop some shootings, and that's good enough.

Sal

Sal

also too ....

Salinsky wrote:

Let's just clear the air here and remind Bob that just because I cannot condone torture does not mean that I sympathize with the killer nor does it mean that I am not sympathetic toward the victims of this horrific crime.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My mistake.  I missed the post with the part you've put in bold red fonts.

And because of what you wrote there,  I'll have to admit you may be one of the rare liberals who at least has some capacity to think outside the liberal box.
I applaud that.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:What happened yesterday is a horrific thing.  
But what you got from yesterday's wall to wall media coverage was not so much about that as it was about media people being the victims.  

At the same time all that media attention was being given to this crime,  I wonder how many dozens of murders were going down in the inner cities?
Well of course the answer to that is we have no clue because none of that got any media attention.  Because none of those people are a part of the media family so I guess their lives just don't count.

I don't know about all of that.

I think this story had three things going for it.

First, it was televised live, and the shooter recorded a POV video and posted it on social media.

Second, one of the people shot was a pretty, young, white woman.

and third, it eventually was discovered that the shooter was African-American, so the wingnutz had their angle.

It doesn't get much more sensational than that.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:My mistake.  I missed the post with the part you've put in bold red fonts.

And because of what you wrote there,  I'll have to admit you may be one of the rare liberals who at least has some capacity to think outside the liberal box.
I applaud that.

Thanks, Bob.

You should probably stop trying to put people in boxes tho.

That way, you can better hear what their saying, and it doesn't look so much like a wrastlin' match.

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:
Bob wrote:What happened yesterday is a horrific thing.  

At the same time all that media attention was being given to this crime,  I wonder how many dozens of murders were going down in the inner cities?
Well of course the answer to that is we have no clue because none of that got any media attention.  Because none of those people are a part of the media family so I guess their lives just don't count.

I don't know about all of that.

I think this story had three things going for it.

First, it was televised live, and the shooter recorded a POV video and posted it on social media.

Second, one of the people shot was a pretty, young, white woman.

and third, it eventually was discovered that the shooter was African-American, so the wingnutz had their angle.

It doesn't get much more sensational than that.

Really? It doesn't get much more sensational that that?

It is only a day or so later and it has dropped to the second and third pages.

Where were we that day and the days after the Ferguson shooting? Citizens destroying their own city.

So whose, exactly "angle" was served by the shooter being black?

Your mass media would, as you know, have had a field day had the shooter been WHITE, and the victims BLACK. And you KNOW that's true.

How about this past anniversary of the Ferguson shooting?

2seaoat

Duh.....police abusing their powers and bat chit crazy folks killing people. I understand you cannot understand the distinction. You have proven that some concepts are beyond your grasp.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Duh.....police abusing their powers and bat chit crazy folks killing people.  I understand you cannot understand the distinction.  You have proven that some concepts are beyond your grasp.

NO ONE abused any power in Ferguson. NO ONE. NO ONE EXCEPT the rioters and looters.

Michael Brown was GUILTY, the WITNESSES LIED and should have been prosecuted for having interfered with an investigation. EVEN Eric Holder and his racist Justice Department could not find anything the officer did wrong.

2seaoat

NO ONE abused any power in Ferguson.

Deaf, Dumb, and blind Mr. Markle is no way to wrap up your life. The Justice Department found that the City and the Courts did abuse poor people. There were more arrest warrants outstanding than the entire population of the city. It was the Sheriff of Nottingham robbing poor people and destroying their lives to keep a corrupt and unjust system in power. Clueless would be kind.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:NO ONE abused any power in Ferguson.

Deaf, Dumb, and blind Mr. Markle is no way to wrap up your life.  The Justice Department found that the City and the Courts did abuse poor people.  There were more arrest warrants outstanding than the entire population of the city.  It was the Sheriff of Nottingham robbing poor people and destroying their lives to keep a corrupt and unjust system in power.  Clueless would be kind.

NO ONE abused any power regarding the shooting in question. What we DO KNOW is that many "witnesses" intentionally, and with malice, LIED about what happened which led to the riots.

I understand that having nothing to support your weak position you resort to calling names and hurling slurs. So mature.

2seaoat

NO ONE abused any power regarding the shooting in question. What we DO KNOW is that many "witnesses" intentionally, and with malice, LIED about what happened which led to the riots.

I understand that having nothing to support your weak position you resort to calling names and hurling slurs. So mature.

In the context of the Sheriff of Nottingham, you think that a police officer who approaches citizens walking on the sidewalk and telling them to get the F off the sidewalk was not part of a systemic attack on black citizens in Furgueson, perhaps you can revisit the Justice Department's conclusions of abuse of power and the wave of folks who resigned who were policy makers which allowed this entire police department to fall outside the law in the course and conduct of their agency, the courts, and the city elected officials and managers who set the policy to increase fines and exploit poor people. In regard to names, are you not the one who says you cannot ignore the facts.........

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:

You should probably stop trying to put people in boxes tho.

That way, you can better hear what their saying, and it doesn't look so much like a wrastlin' match.

So you're now going to tell me the liberal and conservative boxes are just a figment of my imagination and those boxes don't actually exist?

Look, just because I missed seeing one of your posts, let's not get carried away here. lol

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:NO ONE abused any power regarding the shooting in question. What we DO KNOW is that many "witnesses" intentionally, and with malice, LIED about what happened which led to the riots.

In the context of the Sheriff of Nottingham, you think that a police officer who approaches citizens walking on the sidewalk and telling them to get the F off the sidewalk was not part of a systemic attack on black citizens in Furgueson, perhaps you can revisit the Justice Department's conclusions of abuse of power and the wave of folks who resigned who were policy makers which allowed this entire police department to fall outside the law in the course and conduct of their agency, the courts, and the city elected officials and managers who set the policy to increase fines and exploit poor people.  In regard to names, are you not the one who says you cannot ignore the facts.........

Come back when you have learned the facts of the case and not the party line fed to you by your beloved far left Progressive sites?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum